• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tested and Tried

Jackie laughed at her friend's reaction to the Devil's Blood, "You-you were never one to hold drinks down! Although I will say...they should've called this drink...Devil's Punch! Cause it can seriously fuck you up." Her laughter finally calmed down as she felt the weight of her head slowly falling towards the cool, counter of the bar. The temperature of the bar differed from the heat that Jackie was beginning to feel from the drinks. The blogger didn't really think at where she was at and began slipping off the sleeves of her dress from her shoulders, "Wooo it's so hooot in here." With as much effort as she could manage Jackie lifted her head once more and tied her hair up into a lopsided-bun.

The bartender soon arrived back asking about the shots. Jackie slapped her hand onto Val's shoulder and stared her dead in the eye, "Are you ready for this?" Although the blogger didn't wait for her friend to answer before she began listing out some of the shots she wanted to try, "Alright letmesee...I-I-I think there was this one shot I heard that was called...Bitch Granter...no wait that doesn't sound right...oh! It was called Wish Granter. Then also give me a shot of the Shittin-I mean Shooting Star. And lastly the Hazel Touch."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Valoire, after that last drink, was tipped over the edge. Her mind embraced in a thick fog as she giggled wildly at Jackie attempting to rename the drink. This only increased as she tried to name off the shots she wanted, the bartender simply sighing and going off to get what they had ordered. "Yous..hould been the one to name the drinks." She managed to say in between her boughts of laughter, it quickly being swallowed by the activity of the club that had been lost to the two. The girls clearly enjoying their time together.

Life. Life.

"Ha as much asss I am a good...writer my namessss...for the drinkss would be blatantly sssstupid. For example, Kisssss My Assss woud be the firsst one...then there would be another called...Fuck Yourssself." the blogger's words were clearly beginning to spread out over the syllables. Her eyes were trying to focus on Val, who was right next to her, but it was proving difficult for the gal who was losing her depth perception and coordination to alcohol.

The bartender returned soon enough with their glasses. Jackie eagerly and clumsily reached out for one of the shots that glowed the brightest but she ended up tipping the glass over, spilling the liquid all over the counter. "Ssshiiit. Well...I guess I'm done...I-I can't even grab my drink," her words mumbled out of her mouth but she tried again reaching for another shot. This time successfully grabbing hold of it. The color and glow of it did not concern Jackie at this point considering all the details around her were becoming somewhat of a blur. She managed to down the shot in one go, but it was after that shot that her body, trained after years of alcohol, decided to stop the woman from drinking anymore. Her head landed onto the counter once more. If she drank one more drink, for sure she would blackout. The blogger did want to drink, but she didn't want to blackout. "That's it...no more. We-we gotta rest it out..."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Valoire would continue to giggle as she spilt one of the shots, the woman moving to grab one for herself, it glowing a bright yellow. Not really paying attention to the color, she would toss it back.

And this one hit her hard.

Not more than a few seconds after swallowing did the room begin to distort around her, her senses becoming muddled and mixed. The woman's brain unable to distinguish a smell from a sound and so on. Not that it mattered much, she leaning in the counter with a sloppy smile as Jackie rested her head. "We... still got... quitabitof time leffftt." She managed to sitch together the sentence, her words running into each other rather comically.

Life. Life.

Jackie heaved out a sigh as she felt the alcohol taking its course through her body. She had never felt so warm from drinking. It was probably due to the strength of a few of them being supernatural. Her eyes looked over to her friend that was clearly beginning to show signs of drunkenness. This time around her friend was handling quite well. She had just about the same amount of drinks as Jackie and just began showing the signs, while Jackie on the other hand was already showing them since the second drink.

"Welll...whadoya wanna do? Get anothoorr drink?" The blogger lifted her face as she asked Val her questions, the left side of her face red from her face being pressed against the counter.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

"Nonono." Valoire laughed. "Not another round..." she would trail off, about to begin speaking when a pair of men would approach the bar, flagging down the bartender to order. "I'd be surprised if you two could match them." The bartender gestured towards the two, the shorter of the pair grinning. "I'm sure we could drink them away."

Life. Life.

Jackie stretched for a bit, beginning to feel somewhat nauseous. Her eyes turned over to a pair that approached the bar. The blogger's focus wasn't so great at this point, so they simply appeared like humans to her. So this didn't bother her, but what did anger the woman was the words that left one of the stranger's mouth. She gritted her teeth and gave a quick glance to her partner in crime, "Can you bbbelieve this? That lil' mothafucka thinks he can beat us. Well I'll show his little ass what a pro can do."

The blogger turned around fully in her stool to face the pair. To make sure she had their full attention she grabbed a slice of lime that was hanging from one of the empty glasses and threw it over in their general direction. Despite not having the best coordination at the moment, the lime did manage to hit the shorter of the pair on the cheek. "Hey you! Yeah you shorty! You-you think you can beat me?" Jackie's hand was wildly pointing at the man then moved to her. "Well lemme tell you shomething you lil' piece of shit. I, Jacquelyn Grace, began drinking when I was just fifteen," clearly an exaggeration but she was too drunk to really notice. "You'd be stupid to think you can beatme. Y'know whaaat. Let-let's have a drink offfff!"

A sudden burn filled her esophagus as she finished her declaration. She lifted a finger, "Oh...wait hold on a moment." Quickly the blogger located a lunchbag that she stashed inside of her handbag and puked out almost all of the drinks she had just drank. It burnt her insides and felt disgusting but she felt a whole lot better. "Woo. Alright now I think I'm ready," Jackie announced as she wiped a little bit of vomit from her mouth.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As the lime smacked the man in the cheek, Valoire covered her mouth as she giggled. The taller of the pair having to put a hand on his shoulder with a sigh. "I'm sorry about him, he's kind of-" but was cut off as the smaller of the two responded to the challenge. "Challenge accepted! Winner pays for the complete tab!" The other man groaned. "Come on, dude you can barely pay for rent, you can't risk this!" Yet his friend clearly ignored him, telling the bartender. "Gives us all shots of your strongest!" She would roll her eyes. "My strongest would have you fitting on the floor due to an overdose multiple times over. So you're getting what I give you." With that she would fetch four shot glasses, filling them all to the brim with a liquor that glowed dully.

Val sighed. This most likely wasn't going to end well.

Life. Life.

Jackie already felt a small victory when the bartender denied the short man's request for the strongest drinks. "Ha! She said your lil' wimpy ass couldn't handle those drinks!" the woman snorted. She rolled the sleeves of the dress that she had brought down and watched as the bartender prepared their shots. Feeling energized and motivated, Jackie grabbed a hold of two of the drinks quickly and placed one in front of Valoire. She lifted her shot with a smile, "L-let's do this!" And with that Jackie downed the drink in one go. The blogger smacked her lips as the liquid slid down her throat. "That was nothing!"

"Another one bartender!" Jackie's eyes looked over to the pair, a fire burning in her eyes. She had just puked up most of her previous drinks so she had room for some more. Although this was something that the woman should probably not be doing if she wanted to stay healthy.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Val would ignore how she would regret this later and take her shot, it going down a bit rougher than Jackie's but still managing. The two men then did theirs no problem. The bartender would then refill the glasses, the men drinking before Val once again lifted hers to her lips, taking it much slower this time. Her mind was already spinning, and not being someone who could necessarily hold their liquor all that well, she shakily out the glass down and shook her head. "I-I'm done." The taller man would do so as well. "Yeah man, this is between you and her. I'm staying out now." With that the shorter one would already gesture to have his shot glass refilled, glaring at the blogger as if he had some personal hatred for who she was.

Life. Life.

As soon as the bartender refilled the shot, Jackie drank it. Her competitive side was beginning to surface once she heard Valoire and one of the guys drop out. She glanced quickly over to Val, "Don't worry Val I got this!" She lifted up her empty glass and slammed it down, demanding for another refill. Her eyes looked over to the shorter man who was still in. A familiar light of hate was in his eyes. This pushed Jackie to pursue victory even more. This wasn't the first time she has felt the heat of hate on her. Sometimes it was her muse for writing her blogs. At that moment it would've been a good idea to start brainstorming some ideas on what to write, but with the alcohol in her system the blogger's mind was fuzzy at the moment. She drank the third shot once the bartender refilled it. But after the third one, Jackie could feel that she was about to reach her limit soon. She gritted her teeth and demanded for another refill. Jackie was not going to allow the short man win this. This was something Jackie was good at. The woman was not going to let somebody take that victory away from her, even though it appeared rather lame in comparison to other things that could be considered actual victories.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

The man wasn't about to backdown as Jackie continued, the bartender filling both of their shot glasses before sighing. "If this keeps up any longer I'm going to have to cut you both off." The other man sent her a slightly pleading look. "If you could do that sooner rather than later, I'd really appreciate it." Valoire would second his request with a nod of her of. "Please." And after a moment though, she would return the bottle back below the counter before looking between them, asking "Now... who's gonna pay?" But before they could do anything more, Val struggled for a moment to get ahold of a few bills, passing them across the counter. "That should cover our drinks and theirs." Once it was counter, she accepted the payment and off she was.

"Dammit!" The shorter man cried, slamming his glass down, it beginning to crack along the edges. This show of strength made Valoire a bit more weary now, casting the taller man a worried glance. "Come on, man. You can't do this here!" But his friend was clearly too pissed off to care, his eyes beginning to take on a glow as she looked towards Jackie, but then switched to Val. "You! Why did you stop us!" His hands balled into fists as they began to smoke. An elemental mage? Something else? "Bro, calm down!" He would put a hand on his shoulder only to yank it away, his form clearly hot to the touch.

Life. Life.

"I'm on a roll," Jackie gargled through the shot she was trying to swallow, but she ended up choking on it. The woman was in the midst of a coughing fit when she heard the bartender saying something about cutting them off which was then followed by someone paying for them. She raised her eyes up in time to see that Val had pay for all of their drinks. "Aw Val! I wazz jussst bout to wwin," Jackie dramatically wrapped her arms around Val, her eyes looking intently at her friend, "Whhy'd you do tha-?" The blogger never finished her question when she heard some yelling behind her.

She turned her head and and watched as the shorter man became infuriated. His eyes were slowly starting to glow and from the way his friend tried to contain him, he couldn't. Jackie's heart began accelerating. The anger, the heat. They were all to familiar to the woman. She could feel the familiar shivers of fear crawling up her spine, but she could see that the anger wasn't directed much on her but rather her friend. Fear must've been controlling Jackie that moment for she moved faster than the alcohol should've allowed her. The woman reached for the nearest drink that had some liquid on it and flung the liquid towards the angry man. She didn't wait to see what was going to happen next as Jackie grabbed onto Val's hand and pulled her off the seat as she jumped off hers. "Let's go. We don't want to be near that." Jackie's eyes quickly looked over to the man then over to the general direction of the exit. Hopefully Val was in better condition to navigate them considering Jackie would more than likely lead them to any other direction besides the exit due to bad coordination at the moment.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As much as Valoire wanted to get away from the man, when the drink was tossed in his face (the man recoiling as a result, complaining of his eyes burning) the woman would think for a moment as she was lead out of the building by Jackie. Soon emerging into the parking lot, she would swallow before softly saying "Him. That was a him." She wasn't aware if her voice had been heard or not, but it felt much better aloud than not. Even though he wasn't particular kind, he still had the right to be thought of has another sentient being.

Before too long a familiar vehicle pulled up in front of them, the passenger side window rolling down to see a familiar scaly face. "Have fun, girls?" He asked while unlocking the doors so they could enter.

Life. Life.

As they made their way out Jackie was almost sure she heard Valoire whispering something, but she wasn't all too sure in the midst of the loud music, yells of people, and the pounding in her ears from drinking. The cold air of the night felt relieving to the warm body of Jackie. She was panting slightly once they were outside. "He...he...he's not human. Either...elemental...or were...couldn't tell though," after a few seconds Jackie was slowly catching her breath. Her mind was still fuzzy but her fear certainly cleared her mind for a bit to understand what just happened. From all the creatures Jackie has studied upon only two creatures that could have glowing eyes and extreme heat, elementals and weres.

The blogger's fuzzy thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a voice nearby. She turned and saw the cab had turned up right on the dot. "Oh thank the lord. Let's go," Jackie continued to drag Val, sliding into the backseat of the car quickly. "Step on it, lizard."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

The man would roll his yellow eyes. "It's Charles, ma'am." As they entered the back seat, he would sigh. "I don't mean to be rude, but with how long it's been I don't get why you gotta be so disrespectful to others." At the sound of this, Val couldn't help but smile, having difficulty hiding it. "It's not as if I chose to be a reptile. And my daughters didn't either." He would glance at them in the review mirror, his gaze lingering on the dark-haired woman for a moment longer before shifting back ahead of him, putting the car in motion. "Anyways, are you both headed home together?"

Life. Life.

Feeling safe as soon as they were both in the car, Jackie felt her body relax and a little too much at that. She felt nauseous once more. The driver said something that Jackie didn't quite catch but she did manage to hear his name and question. "Fine Charles. Drive us back to her place," Jackie held a hand up to her mouth, "I don't think I can make it to mine." The woman leaned forward, pressing her head against the back of the driver's headrest.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

The diver remained silent for the rest of the ride to Valoire's home, making quick time as the roads weren't that populated at this hour. Dropping them off near the door. After Jackie would climb out, Val would thank him for the ride in which he would then nod in response. Not saying anything as she exited. Now moving up to the door and unlocking it for the both of them, she would step inside, waiting for the blogger to enter.

Life. Life.

It took a bit for the blogger to climb out of the car, but she eventually made it out, wobbly like a fawn but out. "God you'd think he'd ease up on the turns..." Jackie rested her hands on her knees before straightening her posture, "Although I probably asked for it. Whatever...let's get inside...before I re-decorate your entrance." She stumbled through Val's door, losing her balance and tripping on her own shoes. On a whim, and since there was nothing else to grab onto, Jackie felt her arms going around Val. "Oh shit. There goes my legs..." Jackie closed her eyes, expecting Val to drop her or fall with her. But when she didn't feel the pain of a fall on her arms and body, Jackie opened them up and released a sigh, "Whew...good thing one of us has been working out. Uuuuhhh I don't know if I can make it to the bathroom by myself..."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As she fell on her, Valoire was partially surprised but was easily able to hold her weight. With a motherly sigh she would carefully help the woman into the room a bit more, closing the door behind them before moving towards the bathroom. Once there, she set her inside and instructed "If you make a mess, please clean it up," to then shut the door to there to, moving into her bedroom to change.

She would remove the clothing she had worn to there, everything holding the stench of the club. Even feeling as if she herself was coated in it, she would move into her bathroom attached to her bedroom and then turn on the shower. Waiting for the water to heat up so she could relax somewhat. Her body already ridding the alcohol from her system rather fast, so there wasn't much nausea remaining, aside from her mind throbbing from the volume of the music.

Life. Life.

Jackie became even more surprised as Val managed to help her over to her bathroom. The woman began rethinking of what she has been eating or if maybe the accident brought some life revelation to Val for her to begin to exercise. As they rounded over the doorway to enter the bathroom, Jackie flung herself onto the toilet and puked it out, raising a thumb up to show Val she heard her. Again the same feelings of how the drinks flowed in were felt as they were coming out but two times worse. She stayed in the same position for a good five minutes. Her head didn't clear up as well as the first time she purged. But she could feel the need for a shower.

With a little bit of a struggle, Jackie made her way into the shower nearby and stood under the water for a bit. She didn't want overuse her stay so the woman didn't use too run the water too much. Jackie was hoping that at least some steam would help but there wasn't much change on her body.

The blogger steadily stepped out of the shower and located a towel nearby to wrap herself with. What she realized was that she did not have any spare clothes to change into. "Oh shit...maybe Val can spare something..."

Jackie walked over to Val's room, keeping a hand on the wall at all times. As soon as walked into the room she could hear Val still in her bathroom. The blogger stood there thinking if she should wait for Val to come out or if she should just start looking. Deciding on the latter, Jackie made her way over to Val's dresser in search of something to wear.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Valoire's shower did wonders to clear her mind, making her feel much better. Her nausea had faded although she was beginning to become restlessness rather than fatigued from her night out. The woman was dismayed by this fact, knowing she wasn't going to sleeping for the next few days until the full moon passed. Regardless she finished up, shutting off the water and stepping out, trying to find a towel, wrapping herself inside it once she came across one. Yet she glanced in the mirror before she exited, noticing how she didn't even appear as if the night had fazed her. It was almost funny how just months ago a night out with Jackie like this would put her in bed sicker than a dog (heh) for a few days at least, not being able to handle alcohol all that well.

With a sigh she would then move out into her bedroom, about to remove her towel when she realized Jackie was searching through her dresser. "If you're looking for something to wear." She commented. "You're welcome to look through there or my closet." Walking up beside her she grabbed a basic t-shirt, shorts and such before taking a step back and trying to change as quickly as possible.

Even though she was fast, her large scar was still more than visable to Jackie for a reasonable length of time.

Life. Life.

Jackie was too occupied in search of something big enough for her to wear that she didn't notice the water had stopped running in the bathroom close by. The woman jumped slightly, her towel nearly falling off of her, when she heard a voice. "Oh Val! You startled me shitle-" Jackie stopped midsentence when she looked over to her friend. One, she looked great for having been drinking earlier and two, a large scar spanned across her chest. The blogger placed a hand over her mouth, "Oh Valoire...is-is that from the accident?"

Frightened yet mesmerized by the scar, Jackie stepped forward but stopped when she realized she was still in a towel. "Oh wait let me put something on quickly." It didn't take long for the woman to find a simple shirt and sweats. She put on the clothes quickly but not because she was conscious about her body but because she wanted to return her attention to Valoire. Seeing the severity of the scar caused the blogger to feel even more guilt.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As Jackie took note of her scar, it was when she had gotten everything thing on but her shirt. Glancing down at herself, she would hesitate for a moment. Her eyes following it from her hip to where she could see it end at her collarbone. "Yes..." Val would finally respond. "Guess it would make sense for how long I was in the hospital." She gave a dry laugh after this, avoiding the blogger's eyes. Hopefully that would be a good enough excuse for not being able to see her.

Life. Life.

Her friend's words were not easing the guilt she was feeling. Jackie knew it was pathetic for her to feel such guilt considering the circumstances simply didn't allow her the fate of being there for Val. She stepped forward once more, this time closing the gap between the two women. And in one quick, sudden motion Jackie wrapped her arms around her friend. The blogger didn't know if it was the loneliness she has felt for months, this unknown feeling of wanting to protect her precious friend from any danger, the alcohol still in her system or the combination of all but she wanted to become closer to Val. Show her that she will never leave her side again.

After a few moments she pulled back but not without a few tears escaping her eyes. Damn the alcohol for making Jackie a mess now. She didn't know how she should process her thoughts and feelings at this point. But the blogger was surely feeling very emotional at the moment, her mind not clear really of what actions she's doing.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back