• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Terraria: Journey In The Otherworld

After a bit of time, they eventually grabbed their fair share of the contents hidden within the areas of the underground. Their pockets filled with several clumps of iron, Christian kinda struggled to walk alongside Teruya. “Ergh... I-I think I mined too much iron. I think my thighs are chafing.” Christian said as he also struggled to see what’s in the darker parts of the underground. “Teruya, can’t you just throw one of your torches in that dark abyss? Those things can last forever, right? Surely, it can survive being thrown around, right?”

"I mean, I can try, but it's probably a bad idea." He said simply, glancing to the torch in his hand. "...I wanna just hold onto 'em though, you know?" He said, then shrugging unassumingly, intending to go deeper - torch in hand.

As they got closer, however, they suddenly hear the sound of squeaking. Small, little animal-like squeaks that caught both of their attention. “Do... do you hear tha-”

Not a moment later, Christian’s face was suddenly assaulted by a blue-looking bat, who flew in to bite him. Christian screamed in surprise. “AHHH! GET IT OFF ME!”

Shrieking in surprise as Christian was attacked by a bat, Teruya instinctively and simply swung his dagger to where the bat 'was' - unaware he's probably about to miss or probably just hit Christian right in the head.

Miraculously, Teruya’s blind dagger swing didn’t hit Christian‘s face- the bat was swung away and flew right towards a dirt wall. Christian breathed a sigh of relief. “H-Hey, thanks, bud. I apprecia-” He said before he eyes at the bat, who eventually got back up and started flying again. “It’s still alive!” He bellowed, pointing his dagger at the bat.

"What the-?!" Teruya noticed the bat was still alive, of course, so he decided to use the stick he found on it - swinging it once towards the bat, to incur the same wrath on 'it' as he had previously (and accidentally) 'granted' to Christian.

The sparking stick fires the flaming ball and, quickly thereafter, the bat went ablazed. It squeaks of suffering before it burns to death and drop to the floor.

“It’s dead... Good.” Christian said as he felt his face for any cuts. “God, I hope that thing isn’t feral...” He pondered aloud.

"Not much we can do, but... yeah, hopefully..." Teruya hoped aloud. "...Might be." He shrugged at the thought.

“An... Anyhow, let’s keep digging!” Christian insisted, pulling out his pickaxe. “I’m sure there’re more things to dig up deeper in the caverns, after all...”

"Oh, absolutely! Come on, let's just see how much we can find and salvage!" Teruya said in agreement, brandishing his own pickaxe and seeming proud - ready to get right to work! "...If anything, that'd be nice."

D5A98E31-A5F7-47F2-850B-1D5546EEB672.png
They began to dwell further into the underground of the island, in search of more treasures. The air dampens as they enter the deep caverns. Little dirt is seen in the dark areas of the caves- only the grey, hard cobblestone.

Christian, having not forgotten the attack from the bat, wanders close to Teruya, holding out both his pickaxe and dagger as they venture down into the caverns.

Teruya held his own pickaxe in one hand and a torch in the other as he and Christian continued to descend into the caverns some more - in pursuit of nothing more than some fruits to be found due to their hard work, the loot. They just need to find it...!

“Y’know, I’m not much of a miner,” Christian began, in hopes of sparking a conversation. “But I’m not totally sure if the terrain here is normally this smooth.” He notes as they continue to walk downward. Indeed, there weren’t many hiccups in their journey in the cavern. Felt more like a hike than anything.

"Honestly, I'm with you on that. This feels weird just to walk across, if you know what I'm saying." Teruya commented in response. "I just wonder how different this place is to the one we came from - more than anything, at this point."

Just as this is said, Christian suddenly slips into an overlooked ravine they were walking towards. Yelping, he immediately grabs onto the wet ledge of the ravine, holding on to dear life.

Teruya would see Christian slip and head to what he fell - and tried to reach down to pull his friend up - and while he was at it, look down to the other side of this ravine - or at the bottom of it. "Not just yet..." He muttered, with a hint of determination in his voice - as though he was in no way willing to ignore this while he reached one of his arms down, open palm in tandem (he dropped his pickaxe for now). "Grab on!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back