Advice/Help Terminology master list?

Borge

interest check, ic
Is there one? There's so much short-hand and terms in the RP community, it'd be useful for both newbies and uh... "oldies" (....I'm 24.....) like me who've been away for a bit. Suddenly new ones have cropped up since I was last active!

Personally I've sussed out most of the new to me ones, but I'm still not sure what m// or f// denotes. I assumed it meant M/any and F/any, but people often list them with other pairings? like,
m//, f//, m/m, f/m, m/nb, f/nb
so?? what then?

So your best bet is just ask the person themselves. We don’t really have a site wide dictionary of terms.

So people just use their own definitions of stuff from what their familiar with.

There is a glossary here , but unfortunately it doesn't include every single one.

There's always a few surprising new terms on any site... what confused me were people saying FxM but not MxF. XD

me, who just turned 29 the other day: *sweats in old*
there's a lot of sweet summer children on this site ;-; and plenty of folks who'd categorise me as a sweet summer child!! but i mostly meant it in jest, for folks who've RPd for years, regardless of age hahaha

what confused me were people saying FxM but not MxF
having thought about this, i wouldn't be surprised if it's referring roles they'd play! like they'll play male but never female, so MxF but not FxM? or it's just a typo haha

Honestly, something it's not worth looking too much into it because folks can write whatever XD
It's usually related to which roles they play but not always.

male slash, female slash
m//, f//, m/m, f/m, m/nb, f/nb

m// f// indicated male or female "slash" harkens back to fanon using the term slash fiction; indicating the backslash in character / character! So m// is male/male (so on) as everyone explained, but there is a reason why people do use it and it's fanon terminology and fanfiction! XD

So same explanation for them all:

F = Female
M = Male
NB = Non-binary

so f/nb is female slash non-binary character pairing.

male slash, female slash

m// f// indicated male or female "slash" harkens back to fanon using the term slash fiction; indicating the backslash in character / character! So m// is male/male (so on) as everyone explained, but there is a reason why people do use it and it's fanon terminology and fanfiction! XD

So same explanation for them all:

F = Female
M = Male
NB = Non-binary

so f/nb is female slash non-binary character pairing.

oh for sure, i get that! well aware of slash xD i was more confused because people list m// along with m/m, and f// along with f/f, so i got the impression it was two different things? but i guess it's just the same doubled

edit: thank you, though!! <3

oh for sure, i get that! well aware of slash xD i was more confused because people list m// along with m/m, and f// along with f/f, so i got the impression it was two different things? but i guess it's just the same doubled

edit: thank you, though!! <3

Maybe they want to cover all the bases in case people don't know what they mean. Or they don't know what they mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back