• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy テンブレード: The Ten Blades

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The man glared down at Damian and stepped back slightly as the boy suddenly began waving his sword around. "Master of fire. Wha..?" When the sword suddenly ignited with flames the man stared at it... along with every other person in the inn. Numerous people stood up to get a better look. The man looked at the fire, the sword and then down at Damian. Something glinted in the mans eyes and a strange look came over his face. Was he scared? To terrified to move? Suddenly the man burst out laughing slamming his hand on the table. "HAHAHAHA MASTER OF FIRE?! BAaaaaaaaaaahahahah is that all you can do little boy?!" The man grinned as he gripped his axe, slamming the pommel into the floor holding it from his body at arms length. Slowly the axe began to shine as something hard and shiny began to coat it. It spread, coating the axe before spreading over the mans body. Nay... not over his body... his body was TURNING into Diamond. "If that is all you can do child, you won't last long here." The man smirked taking a step forwards when all of a sudden..

"HEY I SAID IT BEFORE NO FIGHTING IN MY INN!" A large wooden circular drinks tray suddenly flew at mans head smacking right into it before bouncing off and flying back to the person who threw it. Said person was a woman. A rather tall, muscular Orc woman. She caught the tray between two fingers and glared at the man then at Damian. "Put that bloody fire out before I knock you out!" She said pointing a finger at him. The man winced, the his body reverting back to normal. He mumbled a sorry before shuffling off.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky

1622000625665.png
Ino Yumi
Sword
: Lightning - Raitoningu no Ken
Open

It was rare for her to go out in public during the day.

Yumi looked ahead of her path, seeing the large walls that surrounded Darkstone, and the tall towers that peaked above. Normally she would've gone at night where there were was less of a crowd but she urgently needed to restock some of her supplies. She was also meeting a friend of hers.

As she walked, she reached to her left shoulder, pulling up her sleeve a little bit. Peaking out from the top was half of her tattoo on her shoulder blade. She knew that it was no good trying to hide it, but there were times where she wished it didnt pull the attention it does to the more "informed" crowd.

She carried two blades with her, one on her back and one on her hip. The one on her hip was a regular steel blade, but the other was the more special one. Known as Raitoningu no Ken, the Lighting sword. It had been a while since she first inherited the blade, becoming its rightful and destined wielder. Personally, she was very reserved in using the blade, using her regular one more often. Yumi was aware of the stories of legend that came with the swords, so it was something she kept to herself most of the time.

As she reached the gates of Darkstone, she glanced around at the people bustling about. No one paid much attention to her, treating her like any other traveler. She quickly made her way to a certain building. The Guild Hall was the last place she wanted to go to, but the person she was meeting with insisted in going there.

"Trust me, no one will pay attention to us there"

The words on the letter echoed in Yumi's mind, resulting in her eyes rolling slightly. She quickly stepped through the door of the building, finding an empty table off to the side and took her seat. For the most part, she kept her gaze down at her table, but occasionally snuck glances at the different patrons present.

The man glared down at Damian and stepped back slightly as the boy suddenly began waving his sword around. "Master of fire. Wha..?" When the sword suddenly ignited with flames the man stared at it... along with every other person in the inn. Numerous people stood up to get a better look. The man looked at the fire, the sword and then down at Damian. Something glinted in the mans eyes and a strange look came over his face. Was he scared? To terrified to move? Suddenly the man burst out laughing slamming his hand on the table. "HAHAHAHA MASTER OF FIRE?! BAaaaaaaaaaahahahah is that all you can do little boy?!" The man grinned as he gripped his axe, slamming the pommel into the floor holding it from his body at arms length. Slowly the axe began to shine as something hard and shiny began to coat it. It spread, coating the axe before spreading over the mans body. Nay... not over his body... his body was TURNING into Diamond. "If that is all you can do child, you won't last long here." The man smirked taking a step forwards when all of a sudden..

"HEY I SAID IT BEFORE NO FIGHTING IN MY INN!" A large wooden circular drinks tray suddenly flew at mans head smacking right into it before bouncing off and flying back to the person who threw it. Said person was a woman. A rather tall, muscular Orc woman. She caught the tray between two fingers and glared at the man then at Damian. "Put that bloody fire out before I knock you out!" She said pointing a finger at him. The man winced, the his body reverting back to normal. He mumbled a sorry before shuffling off.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky
Damian was appalled when the man seemed unshaken by the dancing flames on his sword. Who wouldn’t be scared of a flaming sword? Sure, this guy had probably dealt with plenty of dangerous beasts, but flaming swords had to be something he hadn’t seen before. Gripping his sword tighter than ever, Damian watched the man turn into a literal diamond. The hell? Scowling, Damian was about to strike the man angrily, but a disk of wood flew into the air, and Damian ducked. The disk collided with the head of the diamond man, before ricocheting into the arms of a tall and muscular Orc woman. Damian assumed that this was the owner. Damian’s confidence disappeared, a bit embarrassed that he had offended her and the flames of his sword disappeared quickly, leaving behind small wisps of smoke.

”Sorry ma’am,” Damian muttered under his breath. He turned back to the waitress.

”I’ll have the drink to-go,” Damian muttered, taking a seat back at the table. He wasn’t in too much of a mood to stay anymore. Fishing a handful of coins out of his pocket, Damian handed it to the waitress.

”Could you give some to the owner? Say it’s penance for causing chaos here,” Damian said quietly, before staring at the table. He was too embarrassed to personally approach the orc woman. Or maybe he was too scared. He didn’t really know.

Skye Carrigan
Interaction: Karcen Karcen
Mention: N/A
After a while of sitting on the bedroll, Skye got up from her seat, and put the bedroll in her backpack. They just wanted to rest for a bit before heading back to Darkstone, because they still need to deliver the package.
As she was getting ready to leave the forest. It suddenly became foggy all of a sudden, and they had a worried look on their face. 'Damn it. I shouldn't have stayed here for a while if I knew it was going to be foggy like this.' thought Skye. They knew about the map in their backpack, but the fog was going to make the travel back to Darkstone a bit harder, since they don't have a clear view of the possible danger.
Not wanting to be lost in the forest, Skye took out the map from the backpack, so she could find out where she was. 'Oh. I am in Misty Woods, so Darkstone must be in that direction.' thought Skye.
They were going to head southeast of Misty Woods, since the map told her they went in the opposite direction from Darkstone. However, before she could do that, two pinpricks of blue light appeared in the fog. This caused Skye to be cautious, because she didn't know if they were dangerous. "Who are you, and what?" said Skye, who was confused by the lady's question. But they had their hand on Ea no ken's hilt in case they decide to attack her. "...Are you asking me that question, so you can try to kill me? Because I would rather not have to deal with another enemy." Skye didn't trust the lady's voice, for they didn't know what they wanted from her.

The pin pricks drew closer and separated becoming 2 pairs of glowing blue eyes, both pairs moved in different directions and yet their forms remained unseen. one pair seemed to circle with grace each movement measured and graceful while the other pair bounced and loped a predator eager for a Chace.

" It seeks to run" The male voice said excitement barely contained

" Perhaps but it has yet to answer, perhaps it is confused" The female voice replied ever calm

" Answer quick spirit thing I want to hunt " The male voice growled sounding almost angry at the pause.

the graceful eyes stopped for a moment before moving closer and as it did the fog lightened and thinned. soon the owner was revealed an almost human looking figure clad in white fur with a face covered by a black wolf like mask. In her had there was an ornate silver bow that had no string and the figure had no quiver a bow that was little more than a stick and yet power seemed to come from it.

" The blade will not let you escape Wolf " Lamb said seeming to understand the spirit's plan to run as she had before.

" Yes yes run and I will chase" The male voice said as from another side of the clearing the second pair of eyes leapt from the fog revealed a massive shadow like thing swirling and shrinking down to she size of a large black wolf. His canine like face was covered in a white mask.

" For your kind we are not enemies though you think of use rarely " Lamb said not answering directly for she was playing a game a guessing game she liked to play with those they came across.

" They are boring to hunt" Wolf said with a dismissive snort yet always his shifting form was clearly ready to pounce.

Lamb moved swiftly almost in a blur to her companion who coiled around her like a hound barely held back by it's master. Lamb held her bow low it was not ready to fire, yet how fast could the bow be drawn and the arrow move to find it's mark. The two were enjoying this they were playing with the spirit.

" We shall play a game, a guessing game." Lamb said " You know us little spirit so tell use our name and you shall meet neither arrow nor tooth today" Lamb finished though there was no rules set, or how the pair could win, she was just having her fun.

" I would rather play chase the spirit thing" Wolf growled but relented lamb had picked the game they would play now it was up to the spirt to ask the right questions and find the answer.

The large Orc glanced between the pair before shaking her head and walking off to deal with another customer. The waitress looked down at Damian and nodded taking the coins. "Of course." She looked back at her manager and smiled slightly. "She may seem scary but trust me she's not too bad. It's mainly for him." She jerked her thumb at the man. "I will make sure to hand this to her though and tell her." With that she turned and walked off leaving Damian to himself and his thoughts.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky

Meanwhile

Numerous people seemed to be gathering at the Guild Hall. It would appear as if something was occurring. Numerous people seemed to be rushing around. A small group of the Guild Halls guard strode with purpose across the hall making their way towards the dungeon entrance. Whatever was going on seemed to have people on edge.

Skye Carrigan
Seeing one pair of glowing blue eyes become two through the fog had shocked Skye, for they had thought that there was only one person who was in the fog. One of the one pair of glowing blue eyes looked like a predator while the other one looked like an elegant evil fairy with their movement. It also didn't help that one said they wanted to hunt her down, and they said that the blade won't help her.
That caused a look of fear to appear on Skye's face, since those two wanted to kill her in this foggy forest. 'Oh shit. Those two are scaring me right now, since they said that Ea no ken won't work.' thought Skye, who had a pale look on their face. They were rarely terrified of someone, because she just left the horrible situation that they were in by flying or running really fast, or fighting off the attackers. However, those two are something else.

A large black wolf had leaped out from the fog, and that caused Skye to scream while falling onto her butt. They weren't expecting a talking black wolf to appear, but she was terrified of it.
The female voice then said they aren't enemies while the male voice said that they are boring to hunt. This is when she realized they were talking to Death. Skye curled up into a ball, because they didn't bother to get up from the ground. "...M..my name is Skye Carrigan, and please don't kill me in this foggy forest, Death. I want to have a peaceful death near my family." said Skye, who looked like they were going to cry.

" The spirit thing guess right" The wolf said as if actually surprised

" And she want my arrow" Lamb said a small hint of satisfaction in her voice as she moved close to Skye " Fear not Skye we are only having our fun we did not come to seek, but you came into our path"

" I smell more prey" Wolf growled eagerly his form shifting more like smoke than solid matter.

" Yes we will in the city" Lamb said nodding looking away from skye then back to the curled up girl their joke had gone a bit far, but most didn't just curl up in a ball. The pair liked a good hunt not one that curled up in defeat about to cry. " Though this little one must also go to the city her blade calls for it siblings" Lamb said and she pointed tot he blade of wind.

" Why is it lonely?" Wolf asked that seeming to care about a weapon feeling alone than scaring the girl half to them with the joke. That was just how his mind worked the world was a hunt and he longed to chase everyone down

" That it is dear wolf it's kindred yearn for it to return their time has come" Lamb said nodding as she looked form Skye to wolf then back to the girl " Come little spirit you can not stay here all day or else wolf might have more to hunt " Lamb continued though it was hard to tell if she meant Skye would meet a bad end here or if her staying her would cause more death else where

Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Sujime was glad that she hadn't offended this stranger and her embarrassed coloring began returning to normal as the stranger before her still seemed interested in traveling together. As the mask disappeared in front of her eyes, Sujime gasped; she knew magic existed and that there were numerous people that utilized it in various ways, but she'd never really seen anyone do it before. Her eyes full of excitement, realizing that her new friend was a magic user, was all over her face. Her hair changing color and length was just icing on the cake for the young swordswoman. She barely heard the woman's words as she spoke about being to Darkstone before.

The half-orc came out of her reverie just as the woman stepped forward and smiled. "Kima! It is nice to meet you, Kima," Sujime's hand moved forward taking Kima's hand in her own, shaking it heartily. "My name is Sujime, I'm so glad to have made a friend already, before even making it my destination." Sujime would then proceed towards Darkstone with Kima, making small talk and the like along the way.

The large Orc glanced between the pair before shaking her head and walking off to deal with another customer. The waitress looked down at Damian and nodded taking the coins. "Of course." She looked back at her manager and smiled slightly. "She may seem scary but trust me she's not too bad. It's mainly for him." She jerked her thumb at the man. "I will make sure to hand this to her though and tell her." With that she turned and walked off leaving Damian to himself and his thoughts.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky

Meanwhile

Numerous people seemed to be gathering at the Guild Hall. It would appear as if something was occurring. Numerous people seemed to be rushing around. A small group of the Guild Halls guard strode with purpose across the hall making their way towards the dungeon entrance. Whatever was going on seemed to have people on edge.
Damian gave a sigh of relief when the Orc woman just shook her head, before going off to deal with other customers. She didn’t seem like an opponent he’d want to fight in battle anytime soon. He was mostly trained to fight humans or elves, maybe with the occasional dwarf or two.
“Thanks,” Damian muttered under his breath to the waitress, watching the man who had attempted to challenge him earlier. He was still thinking about it, how the man was able to transform himself into a literal piece of diamond. It was a terrifying move of power and maybe one day, Damian would figure out how to do it. Unless that required magic of course. Damian didn’t have an ounce of magic in his blood. Not to his knowledge at least.

Jigajig Jigajig

Kima nodded smiling shaking Sujime's hand before taking her hand back. Bowing slightly Kima chuckled slightly. "Pleasure is all mine Sujime. Shall we?" With that Kima motioned towards Darkstone and the pair set off, talking along the way. After some time had passed the duo finally reach Darkstone, the giant looming gate in front of them. Looking at it Kima smiled to herself before turning to look at Sujime. "Well here we are... Darkstone. Been some time since I was last here.." Kima said glancing over the giant stone wall surrounding the city. "I'm heading to the Guild Hall. Was there a specific place you were heading to? I could take you there if you want, unless you are going to the Guild Hall as well?" She asked cocking her head to one side.

Phineas Forge Phineas Forge

A few moments later the waitress came back with Damian's drink setting it down upon the table before him. Bowing slightly she went on her way

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky

Damian nodded at the waitress, who placed the apple juice on the table. Taking a sip, Damian thought that it tasted alright. It was a bit sweeter than the apples at home, but it would suffice. Finishing the glass quickly, Damian left it on the table, looking around at the diners at the inn one last time, before quietly slipping out of Dragons Head Inn. Walking down the stairs, he found himself standing in Guild Hall. Looking around, it was a bit crowded, but he wasn’t really sure what he was supposed to be doing there. Taking a spot nearby a wall, he observed the people entering and exiting the hall.

(Interactions are open to anyone)

Sujime was impressed with the giant looming gate before her. She’d grown up in, what could easily be called, a shack in the woods. She had ventured to some very small, very rural towns that littered the roads from one big town or city to the next, but she’d never been to a place as important or wealthy as Darkstone. The wall around the place was easily the most defensive fortification the young half-elf had ever seen, making it obvious that your average army would have trouble attacking Darkstone, if they even wanted to.

Her mind was seemingly enthralled with the wall and the gate’s visage. It wasn’t until a moment after Kima had asked her question that Sujime even realized that a question had been asked of her. She turned to her new friend, cocking her head to match Kima's. Inwardly, Sujime attempted to replay the question in her mind so that she could properly answer it. "Uh..." she was getting closer to answering now. "yes, I was actually headed to the Guild Hall." A small smile crossed her face, glad that she hadn't forced her new friend to repeat her question. She certainly had enjoyed the company and was glad to have someone to help her find her way to the Guild Hall, though she found herself hoping that they wouldn't part ways once they got there.

"If you can stand my company a bit longer, I'd appreciate if you'd help me find the Guild Hall." The young swordswoman had a mischievous look on her face. The impending adventures had put the young lady in a good mood, especially now that she was so close to the beginning of her adventure.

Jigajig Jigajig

Skye Carrigan
As soon as, Death finished talking to her about a few things while saying that it is a bad idea to stay in Misty Woods. Skye started their whole crying thing, because they needed to get that out of their system. It took them a while to calm down afterwards, but once they did, it was like Death's terrifying joke never happened. Skye got up from the ground, and cleaned the dirt off their clothes as well.
"Even though, Wolf isn't wrong about me being a spirit. I would like to correct you two by saying that my kind is called a Sylph. Sylphid or air spirit is also acceptable." said Skye, who was still terrified of Death. However, it wasn't as bad as when they first appeared. They weren't showing their fear of them either.

It relieved them about Death not being here to kill her, but then they were concerned. She knew Death wouldn't show themselves to anyone, and yet here they are talking to her. "I am thankful that you two are going to spare me. Although, I wonder why Death is in Misty Woods? Did something bad happen?" said Skye. Regardless of whether Death wanted to answer her question. It doesn't take away the fact they were here for some reason.

Things then became weird when Death brought up Ea no ken's loneliness and their sword siblings. This just caused Skye to take her sword out, so they can stare at it for a bit before returning it back to its sheath. They did that, because it was the first time they heard what Ea no ken had to say to them. "I didn't know Ea no ken was lonely nor knew about their sword siblings, since I can't hear their voice." said Skye, who looked at the two people who are Death. "I am coming, since not only do I have to deal with the delivery. I will not ignore Ea no ken's feelings, because I don't want it to be lonely."
They went with Death towards Darkstone, because they needed to head to that city for those reasons.
Death also made Skye considerate about Ea no ken's feelings, because of what their sword said to them. They didn't mean to make her sword feel lonely, for they weren't aware of that.

Kima nodded smiling under her coverings. "Haha of course! In all honestly it's not that hard to miss" Kima pointed at the massive tower looming over Darkstone, slap bang in the middle. "That right there is the Guild Tower. Let's go!" With that Kima lead the duo to the truly magnificent tower. As they walked Kima pointed at various building informing Sujime of what they were, such as the bathhouses, shops and the the like. The streets were bustling with people, the air filled with voices, laughter and sound as people went about their days. Wonderful sights and exotic smells wafted through the air as food stalls and their owners battled it out to try and draw people in to buy their foods.

After at least a good ten minutes later Kima and Sujime stood before the Guild Hall in the large open area. Once again the area was packed with people, more so than usual.. Heading to the massive Oak doors Kima pushed past a few people leading Sujime inside. "Well here we are." She grinned to herself turning back to look at the young swordswoman. Kima's eyes were suddenly drawn to the sword Sujime had. It was strange.. she suddenly seemed rather focussed on it even though the blade was nothing spectacular. Kima's demeanour seemed to have changed to. "Sujime.. we need to talk.."

Meanwhile

More and more people seemed to be heading towards the Dungeon Entrance. Mainly Darkstone's own Elite Guard. Something was wrong. They were only deployed in extreme circumstance due to them being the best of the best in Darkstone and tended to guard the Bank's vaults.

640bfd202c5ead4ccbd1e98a2205ec83.jpg

People within the Dragons Head Inn began to chatter loudly as news spread of the guards.

Sujime was so amazed at everything Darkstone had within its walls. This was definitely the biggest town she'd ever visited and she even had a friend to point out all the best places to go. Her eyes darted from one building to little kids playing peacefully in the street to the next building that Kima pointed out. It was all so much to take in, but Sujime was really enjoying all of it. Her grandfather's strange request to come here now had Sujime's full backing as she really got a chance to explore the world that she lived in. She knew there was even more she'd learn and see throughout her adventures, but Darkstone held everything she'd imagined in a proper town, and so much more. The sights, the sounds, and the smells just sent Sujime's mood to new levels of excitement and enjoyment. She definitely planned to come back and try some of the exotic foods... once she earned some money.

Sujime's senses were still overloaded as the two ladies slid into the Guild Hall. She didn't even realize the change in Kima as the half-orc peered around at all the fellow adventurers and the Guild Hall's exquisite decor. When she heard Kima's voice again, her smile never faltered as she looked to her friend. "I'd be glad to join your party," the young swordswoman said. She had incorrectly presumed that Kima's invitation to talk further was an invitation to join her party in their upcoming adventures. It wasn't until she looked more closely at Kima's face that she realized she was no longer smiling and happy. Sujime glanced around, unsure of what had changed, but she looked back to Kima when she couldn't realize what had changed. "Unless there's something else we need to talk about..."

Jigajig Jigajig

Kima glanced backwards as more Elite Guard marched on behind the pair towards the large archway and down the steps into the dungeon area. She rose an eyebrow but ignored the oddness of that sight for now. No.. now she had much more pressing matter to attend to. She turned her focus back to Sujime and was about to speak before she was cut of. "I'd be glad to join your party" Kima felt a pang of guilt hit her. She felt as if she had lie to Sujime and led her here under false pretences. If she was being honest with herself she would indeed like to be friends with her.. but Sujime may now feel as if she was betrayed by Kima when she reveals the real reason she was there. Sighing she looked at the young woman before her.

"There is.. I first must apologise but our meeting was not a random encounter." Taking a step forwards Kima placed a hand upon Sujime's shoulder and looked her right in the eyes. "Tell me Sujime.. do you know what the Ten Blades and the Wielders are?"

As Skye made her way to Darkstone with her new travelling companion, a large caravan went by them, guarded by a group of what looked to be knights. From their armour it was clear these were from the Holy Order of Wren, one of the factions from the Grand City of Souraoi that protected the Royal family. Each member had their own division which guarded them. The Holy Order of Wren kept watch over the youngest child of the family who was merely ten years of age... Why were they here?

df8e4fb3f7b8a9cd3dfa096e49747d7e.jpg

Upon reaching their destination, Skye zipped off to drop off the package to their customer before returning to Death once more who waited for them by the gate. After that was done the duo made their way to the Guild Hall at the centre of Darkstone and entered inside.

Karcen Karcen Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Skye Carrigan
Upon them entering the Guild Hall with Death. Skye walked towards a table, sat down in a chair, and looked at Lamb and Wolf. They wanted to ask them a few questions. “Can you two come over here? I have a few questions I want to ask, because I’ve wanted to know about this ever since we met in Misty Woods.” said Skye, who was curious. “Were you two planning to go somewhere if I haven’t gone into that forest by accident, and what does the afterlife look like? Do you two know what is going to happen in the future?”
They wanted to know about that, since it is rare to talk to Death themselves. ‘What else should I ask them? They are a death god, so they might know about a lot of things here.’ thought Skye.
She looked down at Ea no ken for a few minutes, because they wanted to know if Death could talk to her sword. “Oh, by the way. Can you talk to a sword? If so, what is Ea no ken saying right now?” said Skye. She wanted to know if Death can do that, since a god like them can do weird things.

Lamb & Wolf

The two beings that were death walked with the fairy wolf enjoying her speed and as always seeking fast prey to play with. It was lamb that tempered him holding him back though in a way they were always on the hunt even now people died in their beds or through violence and the two were there with arrow and tooth. The dead however were not staying dead instead in many places they got back up and whose who came back never wished to remain for long. When Skye was down with her work the trio went to the guild hall. It was very different for someone to treat them as friends even knowing what they were. Those that did often were on their death beds and had been waiting. The little spirit would then start asking her questions, as always the living were curious about death and what was after, but they were not the spirits of the underworld they were death and death only existed here not there.

" We would have done as we always do and always are doing" Lamb spoke her words graceful yet never truly clear the primal urgency that gave the living clarity of purpose lacking.

" We hunt" Wolf spoke up now looking more like a black cloud with a wolf head than the actual creature, his tone words lacked any detail they were the truest essence of a statement with no thought given to them.

That much was true they were always hunting always needed always with others. they were death and every end was met by them every life was in their shadow. There was no escaping death and there were two death to be had. The death of the body and the death of memory. Even death would one day die when all life was gone and no one remained to remember them. Then they would face their own hunter and be the prey for once.

" The world beyond this is not for us." Lamb started only to be interrupted by wolf

" We do no end" he said as if that explained anything as even his words were vague.

" We are where there is death there is no death after life. We are like mother and child, without life there would be no death so there can be no death where there is no life" Lamb explained though she could not make it much clearer for such vagaries were needed they were bound to hunt in this world and not the next.

" We know where the hunt is we know the names" Wolf said actually answering the next question instead of his normal commenting on whatever Lamb said

" What causes the hunt is not for us, and even hunts can change, you have already changed the hunt today. We know death and who will die but even we can be eluded" Lamb explained the two always referring to what they did as a hunt and never was it just killing for to say they killed was wrong, they were death, but they did not truly pick when someone died, they were just there when someone did die. " As for your sword It does not speak, it feels. It knows it is time yet it is not alive not in a way that it can truly die, it will rust and fade one day but it lacks the same soul as the living. Perhaps it will get one before the end" Lamb mused it was hard to speak of the swords for they felt and knew things yet they did not truly live, or at least most did not.

" The smith was annoying we hunted he ran, but made a deal Wolf growled " I do no like deals I like hunts"

" A sword traded for an arrow to escape the teeth. You gained a new toy dear wolf why you dislike it I do not know" Lamb commented the two indirectly speaking of their gaining of a sword. Lamb reached out to pet wolf before looking back to Skye " Do not think us all powerful we are not we simply are what we are and do as we do as all beings"

Lamb & Wolf

The two beings that were death walked with the fairy wolf enjoying her speed and as always seeking fast prey to play with. It was lamb that tempered him holding him back though in a way they were always on the hunt even now people died in their beds or through violence and the two were there with arrow and tooth. The dead however were not staying dead instead in many places they got back up and whose who came back never wished to remain for long. When Skye was down with her work the trio went to the guild hall. It was very different for someone to treat them as friends even knowing what they were. Those that did often were on their death beds and had been waiting. The little spirit would then start asking her questions, as always the living were curious about death and what was after, but they were not the spirits of the underworld they were death and death only existed here not there.

" We would have done as we always do and always are doing" Lamb spoke her words graceful yet never truly clear the primal urgency that gave the living clarity of purpose lacking.

" We hunt" Wolf spoke up now looking more like a black cloud with a wolf head than the actual creature, his tone words lacked any detail they were the truest essence of a statement with no thought given to them.

That much was true they were always hunting always needed always with others. they were death and every end was met by them every life was in their shadow. There was no escaping death and there were two death to be had. The death of the body and the death of memory. Even death would one day die when all life was gone and no one remained to remember them. Then they would face their own hunter and be the prey for once.

" The world beyond this is not for us." Lamb started only to be interrupted by wolf

" We do no end" he said as if that explained anything as even his words were vague.

" We are where there is death there is no death after life. We are like mother and child, without life there would be no death so there can be no death where there is no life" Lamb explained though she could not make it much clearer for such vagaries were needed they were bound to hunt in this world and not the next.

" We know where the hunt is we know the names" Wolf said actually answering the next question instead of his normal commenting on whatever Lamb said

" What causes the hunt is not for us, and even hunts can change, you have already changed the hunt today. We know death and who will die but even we can be eluded" Lamb explained the two always referring to what they did as a hunt and never was it just killing for to say they killed was wrong, they were death, but they did not truly pick when someone died, they were just there when someone did die. " As for your sword It does not speak, it feels. It knows it is time yet it is not alive not in a way that it can truly die, it will rust and fade one day but it lacks the same soul as the living. Perhaps it will get one before the end" Lamb mused it was hard to speak of the swords for they felt and knew things yet they did not truly live, or at least most did not.

" The smith was annoying we hunted he ran, but made a deal Wolf growled " I do no like deals I like hunts"

" A sword traded for an arrow to escape the teeth. You gained a new toy dear wolf why you dislike it I do not know" Lamb commented the two indirectly speaking of their gaining of a sword. Lamb reached out to pet wolf before looking back to Skye " Do not think us all powerful we are not we simply are what we are and do as we do as all beings"

Oshtor waved to the departing pig as it returned to the forest. Greeted by the sight of a lively looking Darkstone. He went to inform his traveling companion that they'd arrived. However this gave him pause. Oshtor was alone like he had always been. Why did he go to speak to something that wasn't there? Scratching his head in frustration. His next step was to find something to drink. As a vampire, he needed blood to survive. While he had no qualms about drinking from people. He much preferred to drink from those that wouldn't be missed. Taking out his cane from his bag. The length of dark wood was topped by the sheathed Hikari-no-Tsurugi. Hiding it in plain sight as a walking stick made for an interesting bit of fun for the vampire. Entering a tavern that seemed to be bustling. Oshtor took a seat at the bar and asked for blood. Most establishments had donations to service law abiding bloodsuckers such as himself. With drink in hand, Oshtor gazed at the goings on. Suddenly his cane began to hum with a faint light... almost as if in response to something

Damian leaned against the wall of the Guild Hall, watching people pour into the room. The blood of the apple had replenished energy and now he could watch for any potential sword users. If anything, they would probably come here. Watching members of the Elite Guard enter the Guild Hall and pushing their way towards somewhere. Damian frowned at the sight of them, but figured that it was nothing much. Sure, presence of the Elite Guard should've been frightening, but the boy could care less.

Something strange caught his eye. He watched a green-haired fairy take a seat at a table, before speaking to something. Well, it looked like nothing. Damian got up from leaning against the wall, pushing a person aside, so he could see better. It was strange, to see this woman speak to nothing. Or was this being invisible? Damian frowned, biting his lip. Was this some sorcerer, attempting to conceal their presence from the weak-minded?

But he wasn't weak-minded.

Damian took another step forwards. Maybe it was a shorter being of some sort. But indeed, nothing was there. Squinting, Damian could see the pale silhouette of a woman. Blinking, just to make sure he wasn't hallucinating, he could now see that there was a black wolf and a pale-skinned woman. Taking another step forwards, he watched the wolf's mouth move, as if the canine could speak.

Damian was more intrigued than frightened. But still frightened. He did not dare to step closer, his hand slowly finding its way to the hilt of his fiery sword, his mind wondering why the two had been revealed to him. He felt a strange feeling about them, a feeling he couldn't describe. He secretly wished to speak with them, but felt like they were dangerous. So instead, he just watched.

mentions: Karcen Karcen Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Lamb & Wolf

Skye had not yet responded to what the two had explained when they felt eyes. Many eyes fell upon the pair yet none but those they wanted could see them as if everyone saw them all the time then they might think they could hunt the hunters and fall more rapidly than they should. that was if people realized just who they were and had the courage to go against the pair. Thus they felt the eyes of another not looking through them but at them and it was not skye they did not feel that from her. This was someone they did not wish to be seen by seeing them none the less. In a moment they realized who it was coming by and Skye would see both masked faces turn eyes glowing blue to look right at a young boy.

" He sees" Wolf said his voice now carrying even to the boy his canine face seeming to smile as if a viscous hunt was about to start.

" But he does not know " Lamb replied both faces looking unblinking at the boy

" Will we play hunt the boy thing?" Wolf asked though skye who knew the pair might realize this was almost more of a joke than a real question.

" No dear wolf for he has a sibling to our friends sword" Lamb said her head slowly tilting as she raised an arm and beckoned the boy closer curling her slender finger " Come little prince we would speak with you " She said though her tone changed this was not a request her cold tone took on the chill of the grave and Wolf seemed extra cheerful as if rejection might just let him have fun.

Lamb & Wolf

Skye had not yet responded to what the two had explained when they felt eyes. Many eyes fell upon the pair yet none but those they wanted could see them as if everyone saw them all the time then they might think they could hunt the hunters and fall more rapidly than they should. that was if people realized just who they were and had the courage to go against the pair. Thus they felt the eyes of another not looking through them but at them and it was not skye they did not feel that from her. This was someone they did not wish to be seen by seeing them none the less. In a moment they realized who it was coming by and Skye would see both masked faces turn eyes glowing blue to look right at a young boy.

" He sees" Wolf said his voice now carrying even to the boy his canine face seeming to smile as if a viscous hunt was about to start.

" But he does not know " Lamb replied both faces looking unblinking at the boy

" Will we play hunt the boy thing?" Wolf asked though skye who knew the pair might realize this was almost more of a joke than a real question.

" No dear wolf for he has a sibling to our friends sword" Lamb said her head slowly tilting as she raised an arm and beckoned the boy closer curling her slender finger " Come little prince we would speak with you " She said though her tone changed this was not a request her cold tone took on the chill of the grave and Wolf seemed extra cheerful as if rejection might just let him have fun.

Last edited:
With all the hustle and bustle and bodies moving through the Guild Hall, Sujime felt distracted from the words Kima was saying to her. "Ten blades..." she said, trying to remember the old stories she'd heard as a young girl. "Yeah. I've heard some stories, but why are you asking me THAT, now of all times?" The half-orc was confused by the questioning and serious demeanor at a time like this. The heavily armored Elite guard moving through the Hall grabbed Sujime's attention, but she did her best to keep her eyes on Kima. In truth, Sujime just knew the story of the magical ten blades' creation by some mythical blacksmith. She was ignorant of the fact that the weapons held their own unique powers or that they really existed. She, naturally, had no clue that one of them were on her hip as she spoke to Kima.

Jigajig Jigajig

Skye Carrigan
Interaction: Karcen Karcen Gish_Sky Gish_Sky
Skye became sad when Death said that there isn't an afterlife, but they answered her questions. It also surprised her when they said that they aren't a powerful being, and about Ea no ken being able to feel. "Oh. That explains a lot." said Skye, who had little to say about that. They feel bad for Death, because they will never know if there is an afterlife. 'Poor Death. They have to hunt people for the rest of their life, and they will never know if there is an afterlife. I hope a god will bless them, since having to deal with killing people for their job might make them tired.' thought Skye.
Death then turned their focus towards some guy, who was looking at them, so Skye turned her head to look at the guy. "Hello there. Are you curious about Death too? They are interesting to talk to, and don't pay attention to what Wolf said. He is probably joking about that." said Skye, who wasn't sure if it was a joke. But she is going to say that anyway, so the guy wouldn't be afraid of them.
It ended up getting interesting when Death said that he has Ea no ken's sword sibling, and then said that the guy was a prince. That surprised Skye, because Death knew who he was, just like when they met in Misty Woods. '...A prince, who has Ea no ken's sword sibling? Why are they in Darkstone, because I thought they wouldn't have a reason to be here?' thought Skye, as she was curious about that.
Her curiosity got the better of her, so they asked the guy a question. "Why is someone as important as you doing in Darkstone, and are you related to the Holy Order of Wren? We saw them before we got to Darkstone." said Skye.
They were asking them those questions, since she wanted to know about that.

Damian watched the lamb woman and the wolf curiously, until their eyes glowed bright blue. The boy turned away, attempting to pretend that he hadn't seen them. From the corner of his eye, he saw the wolf smile viciously. Damian felt a shiver go down his spine. He gripped his sword tighter. Did he dare to look at them once more?

Well, he did. Despite being more frightened, now that he could see them clearly, he looked the wolf straight in the eye.

"He sees."

Damian could now hear the two of them talking, despite the loudness of the bustling crowd. He was confused by the wolf's statement. Surely everyone could now see the wolf and the lamb woman.

"But he does not know."

Know what? Damian was even more confused. The lamb woman had a sense of wisdom upon her, but seemed frightening. The boy unconsciously took a step backwards.

"Will we play hunt the boy thing?"

Damian scowled. He wasn't going to be hunted. Animals were the ones that were hunted, not him.

Then, the lamb implied that their friend, presumably the fairy, was an owner of one of the ten blades.

Damian looked at the fairy curiously. She must be a fairly powerful fairy, he assumed, since she was worthy to wield one of the blades.

"Come little prince, we would like to speak with you."

Damian assumed that it was an order from the lamb woman and stepped towards them hesitantly. Now, it seemed like the wolf seemed like the nicer one, the lamb the crueler one.

The fairy seemed nice enough too, attempting to reassure him that Death was friendly. Friendly? Friendly???

"Death? Is that their name?" the boy asked curiously, looking at the wolf and the lamb once more. To be honest, he was still astounded that they could even speak. He couldn't stop looking at them either; they were just too frightening of a presence, to not look at.

Then, the fairy asked him a question. What was he doing in Darkstone?

"I'm here to meet with other wielders of the Ten Blades. Father sent me to be the hero of Harwell, the finest of all warriors," Damian replied, now looking at the fairy.

"Which sword do you wield? I wield Hinoken," Damian added, taking his sword out of his sheath carefully and showing it to the fairy, before putting it back inside.

Interactions: Karcen Karcen Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back