• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Teenage Dirtbags

deathworm

hippie scum
High school sucks unless you're rich, popular, and hot. Unfortunately these kids are really any of those things. They're the theatre geeks, the uptight student council members, the burnouts from the wrong side of the tracks, the nerds, the marching band kids, the weirdos in the back of the class, the teachers pets. They've suffered through three years of hell and now in the spring semester of their senior year, freedom is so close they can almost taste it. The smart thing to do would be to just hang tight, keep quiet, and hope these next few months pass quickly.

But life is no fun if you're always smart. And the biggest event of their young lives is quickly approaching- senior prom. There's dresses to buy, parties to plan, limos to rent, and dates to find. Everyone knows who the prom king and queen are going to be. As cliche as it is, the quarterback and the head cheerleader are the reigning power couple and they're almost guaranteed a win, a solid declaration of their ultimate popularity.

The key word is almost- it's not high school without a bit of drama. And maybe all those losers are sick of being losers. So when a group of them gets forced onto the prom planning committee as part of a plan meant to foster community among students they decide to shake things up. After picking two of the school's biggest outcasts, they start an aggressive campaign to do the unthinkable- turn two shy nerds into prom royalty.

Roles:

Student council president- male, prom king candidate

Burnout- male, taken

Bookworm- female, prom queen candidate

Theatre geek- any gender

Artsy kid- any gender

Band geek- any gender

Goth- any gender

Class clown- any gender

Activist- any gender

Fuckboi- male (?), taken

Quarterback- male, prom king candidate

Second jock- male

Head cheerleader- female, prom queen candidate

Second cheerleader- female

I'll make this prettier if it gets any interest but you get the idea. Dumb teen drama, let's go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down for this... either first cheer (preferably) :)

and/or male band geek maybe

Would you accept a male character who doesn't conform to gender norms? A male student who sometimes wears skirts, and often paints his nails? But still identifies as male...he just thinks gender rolls are stupid. (Interested in art kid position.)

I have a few questions about this, may I message you?

I'm down, its also been a while since i've found myself in a Rp with you,,,, but i was wondering if these were the only roles you were looking at assigning

lil bump

If I get a few more people interested, I'll have the thread up soon. Mostly I just need someone interested in playing the SC president.

Interested! I've got a character I can probably conform to any of those roles, so I'd be flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back