Teatime Chats

On a very random note, on New Year's Eve we were watching a movie, Into the Woods. The character played by Chris Pine... when he sings that song Agony. I couldn't help but be so amused and thinking how it fit Kiefer! Just listen to those lyrics XD

LOL The Succubi Queen The Succubi Queen beat me to it idk I lost notifications from here again w3lp but yes a Christmas Miracle occurred (wait the timing actually makes sense for this reference for once wtf) and she decided to grace us all with her presence once again! So please give Succubi and her Princess Naomi a warm welcome back! :D I believe she is still working on doing a bit of catch up and settling back in but she'll be joining us in the IC soon enough. :3 And I'll let everyone know what that means for them in this nice big phaT announcement I'll post one of these centuries cough hack.

I swear I am still here being a shit lord (incidentally, not being a shit lord was my New Year's resolution but idk if man has such power to change Fate?), I just...felt like finishing everything before posting, rather than updating in pieces, and there is a bit more work than I originally naively predicted eheheh. I mean the fkkn countries took me like a day just to read and edit then like another day to frikkin write the relations Progress has been steady if only it could be a little less slow? :''')

Originally I just wanted to get it done cause I'm super emoji eyes about re-opening the RP but tbh it's just taking way too long so I'll try and reply to the IC tomorrow today?...sorry for dragging it out...consider it your holiday break. :p

But anyways, despite some pretty huge roadblocks to finish off the kukiest of kuks 2017 I've had... -looks around- -knocks on wood- a surprisingly optimistic start to my year. Hoping you all have had equally optimistic entryways to your 2018!

Oh yeah...and Olissa Olissa I love Into the Woods even tho Sweeney Todd is obv the best Sondheim musical lmao though you just reminded me I never got around to the film version--
The important part being that I am very touched you consider Kiefer to be Prince Charming xD Probably better not to tell him that tho--

theplasticdemon theplasticdemon Hmm...now I'm like.......Rosalein's FC I think is the "Rapunzel" version of that character......so then...who is the one singing the other part of the duet--?
If only Jervis was still here lmfao

I posted in my other RPN RP last night, so Dahlia post is next on my list. Am I safe to assume anything with Naomi won't affect Dahlia, Helbrecht, and Chantie, and we can continue onward? I assume she's going to show up at the banquet and since none of us are there it really won't impact anything we are doing IC.

Okie doke, then I will full steam ahead! I was really hoping I didn't get roped back into the banquet. >__<

She could have played the 'I'm in need of a breath of fresh air and don't want to be recognized when I'm in the garden' if she had somehow encountered Naomi? Just a thought that doesn't matter anyway since it's already resolved haha

I just got paranoid since Pretz said he'd post what SQ being back would mean for all of us. And since there's nothing for me at the banquet (we've established in Discord it's a BOIB), I didn't want to get roped back there when I have a fun scene going on with Helbrecht. =)

If I had Naomi encounter them, it would probably be "Oh my goodness are you guys ditching?? I should... come with you. Just to make sure you don't get into trouble."

No pls join the gay princess club with evalyn and rosa <3

Sorry to say it, but the Eva currently in attendance that has captivated every prince... doesn't swing that way. Rosa is currently alone in her gay princess club and just as boned as Dahlia in finding a princely suitor!

(You should come escape too! Ditch them all!)

Sorry to say it, but the Eva currently in attendance that has captivated every prince... doesn't swing that way. Rosa is currently alone in her gay princess club and just as boned as Dahlia in finding a princely suitor!

(You should come escape too! Ditch them all!)

Hmmm... You raise a convincing point! Rosa: *runs*

Hmmm... You raise a convincing point! Rosa: *runs*

giphy.gif

It's only the Opening Banquet... At this rate, the bachelors will have to dance with each other while the princesses go off to have adventures lmao

imho, I think it's too early to see how people's feelings develop. Most people--barring Kiefer--aren't madly in love with Evalyn, and she can't marry all her suitors. Or who's to say she'll marry a suitor at all? Who's to say all the suitors will remain interested? I know I wrote that Tristan was dazzled by Evalyn's appearance, but that's because he's not used to women in general lol (I also wanted to give some reaction after Olissa took the time to transform her :D)

So yeah, ambition =/= the heart. Most of the guys are after Evalyn because of her position, which is sort of sad/not romantic. Who knows what will happen down the line? Even though it's kind of a running joke at this point, I do think that avoiding prince/princess interactions because of perceived unavailability results in the loss of some interesting scenes that might have taken place. But in the end, it's up to you guys what you do with your characters and I'm just giving my two cents.

For Dahlia personally it was a BOIB ("Banquet of Ineligible Bachelors"), not saying it will necessarily be the same for everyone! But if Rosa is looking for another girl interested in girls, well, I think we can safely assume that right now there is no one presently in attendance that fits that bill. Eva is straight (regardless of whether or not Rosa realizes this) and she's the only female at the banquet of notable noble birth.

I don't think it's necessarily unrealistic that the attention of all the suitors is turned towards the princess of the hosting country, who in the lore is very beautiful, and whose kingdom has the most power. I think it just for me personally wasn't necessarily a fun scene because everyone else was enjoying that focus and I was not.

Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight is awesome, and so we plotted something where we could interact and have fun with more of a chance of character development that simply couldn't have happened at the feast. Dahlia will be in future scenes, to be sure, but as I've stated in Discord, there was nothing for her to truly do at the banquet other than make small talk as everyone competed for Eva's attention (who is on the other side of the table from Dahlia even if she wanted to interact).

In all seriousness, anyone who wants to join myself and the amazing Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight (I can flatter him all day, you can't stop me either) in our escapades are welcome to do so... whether it be Samba Square or any future collaborations!

But romantic relationships aren't necessarily the only desirable outcome of interaction. Friendships are equally viable, which could in fact change the political landscape regardless of whether or not the prince or princess will directly ascend to the throne. I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily enjoying the whole "multiple people competing for one person's hand scenario" and Tristan's own role happened to be the natural outcome of backstory and lore. Truthfully, I have little to no expectations that Tristan and Evalyn will end up together or even know if that would happy or desirable for me, but I do find it interesting that merely the act of vying for Evalyn's attentions has changed other characters' impressions of Tristan, though I had not intended it to be so. And the opening banquet seems like a good precursor to how other group events will be, if each character's intentions remain unchanged. Like maybe there will be dancing or horse riding or something to fill the space, but the suitors will probably still be trying to impress Evalyn. The interesting thing to me is not the goal of impressing Evalyn, but the unexpected shenanigans that result from the process. So it's all about the unknown potential of the journey to me :)

BTW I'm not condemning anyone for doing what they want because rp is about having fun, but merely trying to correct misinterpretations that people might have about my goals, which are separate from my character's IC goals, and suggesting that perhaps the Evalyn plot line is not as important to all the players OOC as it is in IC, or even all that all-encompassing for characters IC. So the BOIB(Bachelors or Bachelorettes) need not be a thing that repulses, nor may it even be a BOIB. Just for thought.

On a side note, I do like the Dahlia and Helbrecht dynamic. Also liked the character development trajectory you proposed for Dahlia in your recent post Syrenrei Syrenrei

I'm still not 100% happy with Dahlia (I think she's still sort of boring and irrelevant), but her dynamic with Helbrecht is breathing life and fun into the RP for sure. Although she's hoping it will change her for the better, I think she'll have more of an impact on him than anyone else!

I'll be honest- I was drawn to this RP at the chance to place a princess and because Pretz said there was a chance for romance. I know romance is a subplot I really want and enjoy in RPs to the point it is rare I join any RP where I don't have the opportunity, although it's far from my only interest. In my other RP, I have some characters with hilarious dynamics with each other, such as a responsible older brother trying to rope in his sister's lewd behavior, while she focuses on trying to make her passive best friend stop being a wet blanket. Another character has a completely hidden agenda that other characters are completely ignorant of (unless I guess they read this post, but even then they won't figure out what that character is doing)- and for that end she's trying to move some people like pawns on a chess board.

You are right in that there are other interaction choices- but I personally do not want to have to 'fight' for that. Right now the flow of the banquet is all the suitors (and Rosa) expressing interest in Eva, who is perhaps inadvertently the focus of the setting at present. I don't want to have to fight to engage any of the characters fixated on Eva and keep fighting to keep their attention. It just isn't fun. If there is a scene where the characters are not all so singularly focused then that is fun, sure! I think Dahlia being a ray of sunshine on the grumps of the RP could be hilarious and enjoyable as they are likely repulsed by it. I don't require romance for collabs, and I don't require they get along, hell, it's probably more fun if they don't! But I don't want to spend all this labor when people are legitimately having fun with the banquet. That's why I asked Pretz if it was okay for Dahlia to step out. I didn't want to shun interactions, but I didn't want to be a bystander or getting upset (more than I already am).

I don't have a horse in the race at the BOIB. Sitting there and watching shenanigans isn't as much fun as having your own. Right now the banquet is shenanigans of suitors pitted against each other, and Eva trying to figure out what she wants to do, and I welcomed ideas of anything I could do at the banquet since I didn't have any ideas- but there wasn't any. Except maybe saying hi to people briefly. In the banquet scene Dahlia is sort of an 'extra.' And I just can't sit on the side when there's an opportunity to do something with someone who is engaging and interacting with Dahlia in a meaningful way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back