[Team Title] The New Legends

X-metal turned upon hearing a familiar rambling voice. It was Servo. They'd busted a weapons trafficking ring a while ago. Also there was some guy who wanted his suit. He had a name. X-metal couldn't remember.

"Hey Servo. What's up."

Nekia looked around the room. Winking back at Weaponary, she smiled to herself. No need to tell people she was funding everything. Those smart enough would find out and there was no reason to brag. Attention wasn´t why she was doing it.

So many rookies. This was going to be a ride. "Hello everyone. I am Nekia Chan, also known as Skylancer. Im looking forward to work with you, even though I´d rather not have to work as Skylancer at all, since that always means bad things are happening. And i am certain we all wish, we would not be needed." She smiled and

Scott simply pushed the jokes aside. He folded his atms as most of the heroes introduced each other, arching an eyebrow as he became the butt of a joke.

"Very... hostile against a dude without a home for 8 years. But I'll take it."

Scott then decided it was his time to introduce himself, unfolding his arms, before tucking his hands into jean pockets.

"In case you have heard of the stupid name I'm stuck with, I'm Scott Anderson. Canadian. Able to generate and control electricity or whatever."

He looked towards the holographic photo of the alien on the computer, before looking to the group.

"You guys look like a fun bunch." He spoke before turning to the girl who hadn't introduced herself, aside from Weaponary.

"How 'bout you? What's your name?"

"Selene," the silver-eyed young woman wearing a heavy winter jacket answered the electrokinetic super. "Selene Jacobs." She skipped over talking about her power, instead turning to look at the projected image of these 'aliens'. She let out a slow breath, chilled into an icy cloud, before speaking up again. "If they're here for the refugees, why don't we just hand them over?"

Weaponary put a hand to her face and sighed. This was going to be hard. "We can't give them the refugees because of three reasons. One, they're just as much civilians as anyone else. Two, the general public can not be allowed to know about these refugees. It would instigate race riots and lynching mobs which are illegal but people won't care. And three, the Uhsok are planning on blowing up London to get to the refugees. Even if you don't care about the aliens you should still care about the thousands of people who live in London."

Weaponary brought up a schematic of London, complete with the London Underground, on the holo screen. Then she overlayed a different schematic on the London Underground.

"This is the Undercity." She said. "It's where the Refugees have been living. They were given refuge by Queen Elizabeth I and since then they've been living in the Undercity. It's been expanding ever since and there are organizations in place to keep it safe and secret from those who might wish to do the Refugees harm. The public nearly discovered the existance of the city three months ago, when a smuggling ring started trafficking in weapons made from Alien technology from London."

Weaponary didn't like remembering that. More than once she had run into a man who called himself Ronin. He worked for EDU corp and was loyal to their CEO like a dog to it's master.

Weaponary closed all the other holographic images to bring up an image of the ship. "As you might have guessed, this is the Uhsok warship. They had no intention of 'coming in peace'. The UN has made attempts to negotiate with them but they're still intent on getting those refugees, mostly through force. Now, it's our job to stop them. I'll explain the plan to you on the way, but first, you're going to get a little upgrade, if you'll accept it."

"So, we're gonna fight aliens from another planet to protect aliens from OTHER planets in London, England, and we're all getting upgrades." Scott moved toward the holographic computer to get a better look at the schematics, examining the details of the London Underground. His first real encounter with other heroes did seem exciting, but Scott felt a little on the fence about it. Does he really want to work with strangers he had never met or should he go it solo? He rubs his chin slowly, until a thought popped into his head. He looked at Weaponary, this time with a determined look.

"So. Weaponary. Where do we start?"

Weaponary

In her head, Weaponary did a little happy dance. Outside her head, she gave a small smile. She had roped him in.

"The lab." She replied. "Your going to need that upgrade if you want to stand a chance against Alien invaders. They're not your average mugger." She led the group over to the lab where they would recieve their upgrades. On display in the lab were said upgrades.

X-metal

X-metal walked up to the upgrade labeled as for him. "Upgraded sensor software, auto repair device for when I take minor damage, and a auto-formating helmet for when I have to go into space, which will be soon." He smiled. Showing off his tech know how was one of his favorite things. So was cool tech. He inserted the software into a port in his visor and attached the auto repair device and helmet to his suit. When the helmet was needed all he would need to do was press a button and it would form around his head.

Nekia smiled, seeing Xmetal find his new equipment additions. "Exactly. Seeing the mission we will have to go to, i took the freedom of developing space-supporting equipment for each of us. The upgraded sensor was just a thing i thought useful to have. And for the autorepair device..." She chuckled. "I believe you yourself thought of that, complaining about the damage you sometimes take. I took the liberty of picking that idea up and... well, giving it a phyiscal form, if you will."

Scott examined the lab with a careful eye, looking where the upgrades are for all team members. He looks over to X-Metal, who was examining his upgrades, then to Neika, whom he had a question for.

"So all these upgrades are for us. Did you ever anticipate having someone who just showed up out of the blue, no invitation or anything?" He asked her, folding his arms as he continues to look over the the lab.

Nekia looked at Scott and chuckled. "You see, i dont believe in coincidence. There is a cause for everything. And the cause for you being here, is that we wanted you to." Nekia chuckled again, waving over to where the upgrades for Scott were stored. "And since it was rather calculatable you would be here, at least Weaponary told me it was, i have prepared a gift or two for you as well. Maybe a few things you could have use for."

"Is that so?" He questioned as he followed to where his upgrades were. What he saw then felt like his jaw was about to fall off. Before him was his own suit, created by Nekia Chan, on display for everyone to see. Scott was amazed to see his new suit, looking at it with a close eye, while gently touching around the suit.

"Holy sh... Nekia, what is in this suit? Wow...." He marveled at the suit like he had just received his favourite guitar in the world, or the whole universe for that matter. Scott looked at Weaponary and Nekia again, and then back to the suit.

"Seriously, what's in this suit? Th-th-this is amazing. I-I don't know what to say." He stuttered, his body shaking due to the excitement inside of him.

Weaponary chuckled. "Well, that's not entirely true. I was planning on finding you myself if you didn't show. I called Selene and Nekia to show up, and I showed up at X-metal's window. And of course, Servo was already here."

X-metal mulled that over for a bit. "Wait a minute!" He said, after a bit of pondering. "I'm the only one here with a secret identity."

It was completely unrelated to everything but it just popped out. He couldn't not say it.

"So what? At least the public doesn't know who you really are." Scott retorted as he looked over his brand new suit.

"Besides, look at it this way, X. You're surrounded by superheroes, or people who are heroes in their own right, anyway. And you know the drill..." He looks over to X-Metal, folding his arms. "...trust is a two way street. Or six way, in this case anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back