[Team Title] The New Legends

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Back in World War II the Axis had one major advantage: Superhumans. They used them as soldiers and most of them could destroy several tanks at once. The Allies didn't know what to do until America presented an idea: The Legends. Unlike the Axis Superhumans, who generally worked alone, The Legends would work as a team to defeat the Superhumans of the Axis. This worked and The Legends played a big part in defeating the Axis on D-day (they did, however, quit the whole thing before the atom bomb was dropped on Japan, thinking it was wrong) Now the hero Weaponary, a former Legends member, is seeking to form a new Legends team because sometimes one hero is not enough. Sometimes you need a whole team.

X-metal

Jacob Pierce sat in his dorm room, tinkering with the glove from his armor. It had been at least 3 months since the whole Alien Tech Smuggling thing and nothing interesting had happened since then.

“You should do shows.” His best friend, Tori, said.

“What, you mean like, for money?” Jacob asked. “That goes completely against my code of honor.”

Tori laughed. “What code of honor?” She asked rethorically. “Besides, I didn’t mean for you. I meant for charity.”

Jacob also laughed. His friend could be like that. One moment she was idly daydreaming and the next moment she was cracking jokes at his expense. Her toung was as sharp as a sword and her head was always in the clouds.

“Look,” Jacob said. “When it comes to the different ends of the alignment scale, I’m more of a lawful good while your more on the Chaotic good side.”

“You should come and join it.” Tori said. “It’s more fun than always doing what we’re told.”

Jacob sighed. “This isn’t highschool Tori. Putting a whoopee cushion on the teachers chair stopped being funny years ago.“

As suprising as it was, Jacob was actually the more mature of the two. Tori was always playing childish pranks and daydreaming, while Jacob, while still a bit childish when it came to geeking out over his favorite heroes, was focused on following the rules and actually working on his robotics major.

(I’m gomna let everyone get an introduction post before Weaponary comes along to find y’all)
Gobbo Gobbo thorsayingyeet thorsayingyeet OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi BackSet BackSet The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

"Cancel the Yamoto appointment at 3." "Already done, Miss Chan." "Wow, you´re good, INI. Who programmed you?" "That was you, Miss Chan." A female laugh followed. Nekia Chan, leader of C.I.E, was walking around her office. Interactions like this one were no rarity between her and her AI. Nekia seemed to have something on her mind, walking up and down in front of the gigantic window, that her office in the Chan tower had. "Miss Chan, it is time for your first dose.", the AI interrupted the silence. "Ah, yes, i almost forgot.", Nekia commented. With that, she headed to her laboratory, which was directly connected to her office. While she had more than enough doses on her person at all times, she preferred not using them if she was at home. Just so she had them all when she left. Taking a vial with a blue, shimering liquid, she opened it up. "Well, cheers.", she said and downed it in one gulp.

"You have received a message, Miss Chan.", Ini let her know. "From whom? You know what to reply to most buisness matters, so who is it that you´d need to tell me?", Nekia curiously inquired. Not many people were able to directly message her, so if Ini actually informed her of a message, it had to be something special. Now, something special usually meant trouble. And trouble usually meant that she had to step in and make things right again. "Message: One. By: Weaponary. Message Text: Skylancer, meet up at the Base. Urgent."

Nekia had been right. Trouble. If Weaponary called together the New Legends, a bunch of heroes that she had brought together to resemble the team of heroes that once saved everything under the name of "Legends", that would surely not be a meeting for tea and some biscuits. "Oof. Big oof. Alright. Ini, open the skylight." With a mechanical sound, the roof opened up. "Perfect, deploy Skylancer." Another metallic sound and the bracelet, that Nekia was wearing, started to expand. Within seconds, Nekia was enveloped by the Skylancer MK 4 suit, replacing the ingenius scientist with a rightous superhero. Taking off, Skylancer flew towards the main base of the New Legends. She landed in front of it.

(So if somebody wants to catch her landing, they can.)

"Oh, no. No, no, you don't. Come back here!" The sound of a revving engine and the sight of smoke billowing from under the hood of a speeding car filled the city streets, and behind it was a man with electricity fizzling under his legs and arms getting dragged along, thanks to what he thought was a smart idea being trying to electro-pull the car via the rear bumper to a stop. Boy he was wrong. And boy, that rear bumper is quite strong for a car.

"I've been here for almost 3 months and I still haven't met anyone who's 'super' or whatever. Or maybe I'm slow since I keep running to something that's already happened. Yeah, I'm slow..." The crook looked in the mirror, and was confused as to why the electric man was talking to himself, watching his mouth move as the crook sped.. The crook rolls down the driver's window, popping his head out before yelling to the electric man.

"Hey! Are you talking to yourself?!" The crook yelled at him, looking back and forth to ensure he wouldn't crash. The electric man stopped talking, and looked to the crook with a blank expression.

"Dude, shut up, I'm trying to think!"
"Get off my car, you Mr Sparky-looki--"
"MY NAME'S NOT-- MY NAME IS SCOTT, YOU STUPI--"

The argument that started between Scott and the crook felt a bit more lengthy than the actual chase itself. Mid-argument, Scott looked towards the City Hall and the Planetarian statue built outside the building, but also caught a glimpse of what he think looks like a robot landing in front of the statue.

"What the..." He thought, arching an eyebrow.

The air outside the meeting place for the New Legends was unusually cool. No, it was cold. If it had been raining the drops would have turned to snow just around this one building.

*pop*

"You're in my way, tin man," a voice said from behind the metal-clad hero. It came from the mouth of a young woman with pale silvery hair an eyes, and even paler porcelain skin, a mouth currently in the process of blowing another bubble to pop loudly. She wore no costume or mask, but this person was as much a hero as the one before her. She was Selene Jacobs, eldest daughter of the Jacobs superhero family, also known as the Ice Queen.

"Move," she said icily. The Ice Queen was, somewhat predictably, not know for her warmth.

The moment she landed, the suit started to remove around her body. Not fast enough to get called tinman by some young woman, however. As the scientist was fully revealed and the suit had turned back into a fancy bracelet. The woman underneath looked both, old and young at the same time. Going from only looks, she had to be about twenty, at max. But her attitude, her expression, everything else about her seemed may too mature for somebody that age. She just gave off the aura of somebody in their fourties or fifties. "There is plenty of space to walk around me for both, you and your disrespectful attitude, Miss Jacobs.", Nekia answered.

Surely the hero also known as Ice Queen would ask herself, how this stranger would know her name. Well, that was one of the perks of being Nekia. She had access to basically every piece of data around the world and her AI was incredibly fast in working through them. By simple facial recognition, Nekia already had almost all data she needed about Selene, before the Skylancer suit had been removed. "I believe you have been called here as a part of the New Legends team by Weaponary?", the scientist then inquired.
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

Selene smiled, icily sweet enough to freeze Winter's heart. The temperature plummeted from merely cold to unbearable in an instant, the sudden change bringing with it gusts of wind, those carrying within them moisture that solidified into crystals in an impromptu snow flurry. Reaching tendrils of frost spread across the ground from where Selene stood.

"Then you sorely underestimate the size of my attitude," she warned the other hero, outside of her metal shell now exposed the full brunt of Selene's cold. Her unnatural, almost luminous silver eyes seemed to pierce through the growing cyclone of snow and ice. And then Spring came, the temperature suddenly rocketing back to normal, the gathering blizzard collapsing and fading away like it had never existed. Selene's smile had warmed slightly. "But I suppose I can leave burying you in an ice flow until after hearing why Weaponary bothered inviting you in the first place," she said in such a matter-of-fact tone that a simpleton would have missed that she was still being rude.

She stuck her hands deeper into the pockets of her winter jacket and walked around the unimportant human that happened to turn into the hero Skylancer. Before stalking off to lean against the side of the building, Selene blew one more bubble, but this time she froze it at its largest and shot the icy globe into the trash in perfect 3-point form.
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

Last edited:
Meanwhile, as the car drove past the city hall, Scott turned to the crook. It was time to end the chase once and for all. He let go of the the car, watching the electric ropes fizzle out into the the air. He disappeared in a big bright ball of blue light, till that too disappeared. Not even a second after he disappeared, the light re-appeared on top of the car's roof, then Scott himself re-appeared, however hovering above the car. The crook was confused at this, watching him disappear and re-appear, so instead of speeding on, he slowed down to a stop, shifting the gear into reverse. Scott stopped just a bit ahead of the car, quickly spinning around just before the crook actually began to drive backwards.

His right hand electrified more so than his other limbs, and soon teleported again, this time a bit over the hood of the car. He used his right hand to electro-pull the hood off of the car with a strong yank, watching the hood tumble onto the concrete road, watching the smoke billow out into the air. This frightened the crook, and was too late to do anything else as Scott teleported once again, this time inside the car. No electricity fizzling around Scott was present.

"Dude. I watched you break into it." He said coldly to the scared crook, before pulling up on the handbrake, causing the car to abruptly stop. The crook gripped tightly on the steering wheel, with fear in his eyes as he slowly looked to Scott.

"I-I'm sorr--" Scott sent a strong punch across his face, knocking him out cold. He exited the car (assuming the cops here would arrive and take the crook to jail), shaking his head before walking up towards the building where he first saw a robotic being. Conveniently, the car was parked right in front of the building, despite being in the middle of the road. He didn't even notice anyone else around the building, except for the robot when he passed it before

Once he arrived, he looked around, seeing if there was else around. He only noticed one person just entering the building and another standing in front of it itself. He walked up to the girl standing in front of it, before quickly asking her a question.

"Hey, have you seen a robot person fly by here by any chance?"

Nekia just watched the girl enter without commenting further. Where was the point, anyways. People like her would not change her attitude just because they got a few rough words from a stranger and Nekia really didnt feel like getting into a discussion. She chose to be the greater person and just let it slide. She oftenly did, because she just found those arguements pointless and time consuming.

She was not alone for long, though, as another man, or more accurate boy, really, came up to her, asking her about a robot person. She tilted her head at him. The robotic male voice, that she had in her head, told her who he was. No, she was not crazy. She just had an earphone, through which Ini could always communicate to her and give her updates on everything. The AI saw everything she did, and more, usually.

"I believe you might refer to my Skylancer Mk 4, Mr. Anderson.", she replied and nodded. "I landed here a few minutes ago and had a rather rude welcoming, but eh, once you are my age, you dont let that ruin your day.", she said and chuckled. It really sounded weird coming from somebody looking like they were barely out of their teenager years.
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi (though i doubt Selene will take further part atm) thorsayingyeet thorsayingyeet

"Barely outta my teens, huh? You'd be surprised. Anywho, one, that is a very nice robotic suit you have. Two, was it that woman I just say entering a building. And three, are you a cop of some kind? Knowing that you know my last name and whatever."

Scott looked up toward the building, removing his half-mask, letting it dangle around his neck, before taking off his fedora, fixing his hair with one hand before adjusting his glasses. He looked down towards the sharply-dressed woman, itching his head before fixing his hair again.

"Bonus questions: what's your name and are you one of those super people? I know it's a lot of questions, and you probably have to be somewhere whereas I don't.... no, we don't go that far."

Nekia blinked twice at the barrage of questions launched at her, but she chuckled yet again. Counting them with her fingers, she started to answer "One isn´t a question. Still thank you. I build it myself." Adding a second. "Yes, yes she was, she´s an icequeen. Quite literally." Nekia took a moment to giggle at her own pun. Then, she went forward to three. "No, Mr. Anderson, i am not a cop, even though i do consider myself a friend and helper and i try to protect people. I suppose there indeed are similarities. I know your name for other reasons, however." She formed a 'B' with her fingers, now. "For the Bonus, my name is Nekia Chan, you might have heard of me as either the CEO of Chan International Enterprises, if it is electric, we probably made it, or as Skylancer, a so called superhero, though im not really super at all." She chuckled a last time before looking at him. "Though, word has it you are quite special yourself, Mr. Sparky."
thorsayingyeet thorsayingyeet

Scott felt his body stiffen after she asked his questions. He felt embarrassed by the fact that the first question wasn't even a question, feeling his cheeks burn up a little. "Uh-huh..." He continued to listen to her answers however, nodding slowly at every word that left her lips. After she answered his bonus questions, he had a couple counter-answers of his own.

"Ahhh. Chan International Enterprises... I think I heard about it on the news a couple times, but not about Skylancer. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, people have their own ways of being 'super', y'know? Also, it's never Mr Sparky. Just call me Scott Anderson."

He tried his best to act natural, but the tone in his voice as he told her to call him by his real name was unintentionally annoyed-sounding, and he realised at the last second, before stepping back just a little away from Nekia.

"You know what, I am so sorry, it's just, I don't know... it's a pretty annoying name when someone calls me that. But, I mean, everyone knows why they call me that..."

Scott held up his right hand in front of Nekia, and soon, sparks of electricity began to form around from his hand to elbow. He shut his eyes to concentrate on something, and over time, a ball of electricity began to form around it opening his eyes as it forms. After it had fully formed, he snapped his fingers with his left hand, before watching the ball solidify itself before their very eyes.

"Don't worry, it's not gonna hurt you or anything, but, ahh, here you go." He stepped forward a little again, handing it over to Nekia as a gift.

Centurion University

“I’m just saying you could make a lot of money mass producing this stuff...” Tori was saying.

Jacob sighed. “For the last time I’m not going to...”

Suddenly he heard a swoosh and turned around. “Gah!” He yelled nearly falling out of his chair. It was Weaponary.

“Jacob.” Weaponary said, nodding. “I need your help.”

“Hey! You can’t be here! My secret identity is supposed to be just that, secret. Not everybody has a public Identity you know.” Jacob paused. “Wait! How’d you even find out!”

“Deductive reasoning, a quick search through the school database and tracking the X-metal suit’s energy signature.”

Jacob sighed. He really needed to get around to masking the energy signature. “Alright, what do you need help with.”

“I’ll explain once we’re there. Get suited up.” And with that she left.

Five minutes later X-metal was zooming through the city. He knew exactly where “there” was: the secret legends base under the statue of planetarian. X-metal still couldn’t get in there so he’d have to wait to be let in. He got there and found so,e people, rather super looking people, standing around there.
“Hey,” He said, landing. “Weaponary call y’all here as well?”

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof thorsayingyeet thorsayingyeet

Scott looked to the voice that just spoke, arching an eyebrow at him as he arrived.

"Who are you supposed to be? And who's Weaponary?" He wasn't all too familiar with all the superheroes that ever existed, but could not really care less either.

BackSet BackSet

Last edited:
Selene watched the others from her spot on the sidelines, leaning against the side of the building, jacket hood up to obscure her face as she messed around on her phone. She connected to her family's database of hero information and searched Skylancer. There was a complete record of all known hero activity done under the name, as well as the heroes identity, listed as public. She switched to a general search, bringing up information on the woman inside the suit. Gross, a techie. It left a bad taste in Selene's mouth whenever she saw someone who called themselves a hero rely so much on technology. That didn't make you super, it was no different from any other human picking up a gun and pointing it at whoever they didn't like.

Personal feelings aside, it would be better for her to simply let an AI fully control Skylancer, or at the very least make the suit controlled remotely. Doing so would reduce the risk to human life by one in all cases. A hero shouldn't run around putting someone's life in danger unnecessarily, even if it was their own. Perhaps after whatever mission Weaponary had gathered this group for was dealt with, she would actually take the time out of her day to cool down Skylancer's pilot.

She looked up from her phone screen, now showing CIE market fluctuations, for comparison against a timeline of Skylancer's hero activity prior to and since the hero's identity reveal. She would ask her father to check for any correlation or simple trends later, so for now she just saved the search. Another hero had shown up, but Selene couldn't have cared less, at least until he started sparking. Her demeanor immediately softened, hintsof a genuine smile showing on her face. Electricity, the same as her little brother Mercury. Maybe she should try and introduce the two? Mercury would probably like that.

She pushed herself away from the now-cold patch of wall to walk over and introduce herself to the electrokinetic. When yet another person showed up, whom she assumed was a hero, as most villains had the base-level intelligence to not drop out of the sky directly in front of her. It was getting crowded. The temperature dropped a few degrees in direct correlation to Selene's patience. What job could possibly require this grouping of heroes to carry out?

“Woah, hey, rude!” X-metal said, feeling a little offended.

“The names X-metal, the hero with a metal suit.” He paused. “It’s a working title, okay. But honestly, at least I havn’t been dubbed Mr. Sparky by the public.” X-metal kept up with superhero news. That was his thing. And he knew it was a little mean but he feeled he deserved a little rib digging after that rude hello.” He then turned to the other person (who was close to him and not looking like they could kill him with a glance. He was not going near that one.). “Hi.” He said. “Nekia Chan, right?” He sighed. “Sure is nice to know that theres a good corporation here in Centurion. Especially one headed by a superhero.”

He realized noone probably knew what he was talking about. It was a long story and he didn’t feel like getting into it. Either way he was here now.

"Dude, that's cold." Scott was visibly annoyed by the newer arrival, sighing as he looked across to Nekia, then viewing the rest of their surroundings. As he did, he noticed another person walking towards him, feeling the slight drop in temperature.

"Thank God I'm Canadian." He thought to himself, tucking one hand into his pocket as he held onto his fedora with the other.

"Hi." He greeted the girl, nodding as she walked towards him.

BackSet BackSet OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

Servo had spent the last few days at the Legends base, after being found by Weaponary earlier that week. She had been kind enough to let him fix his arm up, and after no small amount of begging she finally allowed him to stay. It wasn't like he had much of a choice, had he decided to go anywhere else he would have had to stay in abandoned buildings or be stuck in the warehouse district. After some of the stuff he'd seen on the monitors, he knew the warehouse district was a seedy place to try and find shelter in.

Since he didn't need sleep anymore, thanks to the wonders of a completely non-organic body, he hadn't claimed one of the many rooms for his own. Instead he spent most of his time in the workshop, marveling over the tools and the new equipment he was allowed to use. Had he had access to half of these tools when he was developing the 01 Series chassis, he knew he could have made it even better. Well, better late than never, he just had to figure out what to improve. Armor? Reflex arrays? Maybe something that could deflect or absorb bullets. Or energy blasts. Ooh, or maybe some weapons? Something a little more than just that dinky arm cannon he'd stolen the first time he met X-Metal.

His thoughts were interrupted by one of the nearby monitors going off, before producing a live feed of the scene going on right in front of Planetary's statue. Were he one for facial expressions anymore, he probably would have looked completely confused. What looked like a decent sized gathering of Supers were standing in front of the statue, just talking amongst themselves. Like they were waiting for something.

Nekia was getting a bit overwhelmed with the whole situation and honestly, if she could she would back out of it. But she was called here, so leaving really wasn´t an option, knowing the reason was probably a lot more important than a bit of an awkward social situation. "Ah... Yes, I´m Nekia Chan, but i am neither super, nor am i a hero. I dont like being called those things, im just a woman with a suit. I do what i can, like everyone does. Now, excuse me."

Leaving the others to their interaction however, she left towards the entrance of the base. Entering, Nekia sighed in relief. All these young people tended to get a bit much on her. She didnt mean that bad, but... Oof. Sitting in the lobby, she took out her phone. Of course, it was by her own company. A prototype of a future release. While Ini would grant her a bit of information about the young ones outside, she was playing a mobile game, where you had to hurl Cats at various walking plants, trying to come to the player. If they reached you, you lost.

Weaponary jumped off a building and landed in the center of the crowd of heroes. She stuck the landing and stood up.

“Hello heroes. Sorry I’m late. Had to tie up a few loose ends.” By loose ends she meant gang members she had come across on her way. But they didn’t need to know that.

“Now, I know you’re all probably super impatient, so I’ll cut to the chase. Well, not just yet. First we need into the base.” She stepped up to the Planeterian statue and placed her hand on the statue’s chest emblem. This prompted a retina scanner in the statues eye to scan her.

“Chi Sato, Weaponary recognized. How many today?”

“Five.” Weaponary replied. And with that, the tube system opened up, hopefully surprising many a hero. When the ride was over Weaponary spread her arms.

“Welcome, to the base of the New Legends.”

Scott hasn't had much interaction with this amount of people in 8 years, so this was kind of a fresh breath of air for him. Let alone peope who can do extraordinary things ordinary humans can't.

He was confused when the statue began to speak to the woman who apparently called most of them to this specific location, until a tube system opened up right before them, puzzling him still until the woman spoke.

"New Legends...?" He asked himself quietly, having no clue what is happening right now.

After a moment of watching the monitors, Servo noticed Weaponary suddenly appear. He let out a little sigh of relief, glad to see that it wasn't just a group of randoms hanging out around the statue for no real reason. Still, he couldn't help but feel a little nervous about them being there, or what they could possibly want.

Before long, they were shuttled into the base via the tube system. If he had a stomach still, it would have been roiling at the thought of going down that damn roller coaster again. He knew he wouldn't have to worry about it, but that didn't mean he'd have to like it.

Once the others were down in the base, he still hid back out of sight for a moment. He didn't know these people, and he honestly was a little freaked out. He knew that Weaponary was going to be starting a New Legends team, but he wasn't expecting her to gather the forces so soon. His nerves were getting the best of him, but that didn't stop him from poking his head out just a little further to get a better look at the group.

X-metal looked around. The base hadn't changed much. It was still as cool as he remembered it from three months ago. Though, some of the stuff was new like the holographic computer.

"How do you afford this again?" X-metal asked.

"We're privately funded." Weaponary said. She winked at Nekia. "Anyway, let me show you what you're all here for." She walked towards a holographic screen and pulled up a hologram of the earth and a hologram of a spaceship with a profile of an alien next to it.

"These guys are the Uhsok. They're a race of Aliens that have been plauging the Galaxy with their warfare, taking over planets in a coalition with another alien race. Now they're coming to earth. It's only one ship but there could be more. We're assuming they're here for the refugees from the planets they've taken over that are living under London. However, they could still take over our planet. That's why you've been called here."

Scott raised his hand casually has he looked around the base, marvelling at all the fancy technology that's bedn housef underneath the Planetarian statue, but all the while confused as well, as he still has no idea about sll the other heroes and the 'New Legends' team.

"A couple of questions." Scott casually raised his hand as they stood before the holographic computer.

"Aside from Nekia, one: who are you all, and two: what are the New Legends?"

Servo had finally had enough, his curiosity driving him to come out of his hiding place as Weaponary and X-Metal spoke.
"I, uh... Hi." he said, not sure how the newcomers would react to seeing what basically amounted to a robot.
"I'm... I'm Servo. Before you say anything, yes, I am human. Well, I was. I mean... Nevermind, long story." he rambled, regretting speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back