• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Teach me how to roll dice?

Will you?

• Lol sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, YOU NOOB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DopeJackalope

I'm new and I want to play a dungeons and dragons derivative game with dice, although I don't know how to do it, also if you need more characters for your game PM me!! Or post on here, whatever ;)

So, are you wondering how to actually roll the dice on the site, or is it the "hows" and "whens" of the system that you're asking about?

Also, for the sake of clarity, what is the system?

See your post above mine?

To the right of the "reply" button there is the "roll dice" function. It'll only ever be visible on your posts.

Click on it, and it will open a menu that asks for a few parameters.

The box next to "Throwing a die for ..." is where you type your action.

"Roll a total of dice" is where you enter the amount of dice you will be using.

"Faces" is where you type the amount of sides the dice has; this number is usually a 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 or 100, unless there is another strange, irregular dice I've never heard of.

"Modifier (e.g. +5)" is where any other numbers that might affect your total goes. This is heavily dependant on system, so I would usually leave it blank unless your GM tells you to put something there.

Then you press roll, and RNJesus does the rest ~

Alexandra said:
See your post above mine?
To the right of the "reply" button there is the "roll dice" function. It'll only ever be visible on your posts.

Click on it, and it will open a menu that asks for a few parameters.

The box next to "Throwing a die for ..." is where you type your action.

"Roll a total of dice" is where you enter the amount of dice you will be using.

"Faces" is where you type the amount of sides the dice has; this number is usually a 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 or 100, unless there is another strange, irregular dice I've never heard of.

"Modifier (e.g. +5)" is where any other numbers that might affect your total goes. This is heavily dependant on system, so I would usually leave it blank unless your GM tells you to put something there.

Then you press roll, and RNJesus does the rest ~
OOOOMMMGGG Haha thank you now I get it lol and I rolled horribly for you lol

DopeJackalope said:
OOOOMMMGGG Haha thank you now I get it lol and I rolled horribly for you lol
Hah. It depends on if you needed to roll high or low. For instance, your roll of 24 on a single 100 side dice would be pretty good in Call of Cthulhu or Dark Heresy ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back