• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Tartarean Chronicle] Revelation

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
"Dear Neramo,

When I met you all those years ago I knew you would go on to do great things and you have proven me right. You have grown into an admirable young man with a sharp mind and a good heart. But I did not write this to inflate your ego. There is much to tell you that cannot be said on this parchment and watchful eyes keep me from speaking to you about them directly. But your devotion and your interest in the Great Tree has grown so much since you were a child and I feel it is time you learned more. This adventure you're embarking on will required support and good company, so head to the location I've marked on the map included with this letter. There you'll meet a a god friend of mine who will help you along the way."

Best of luck,
Father Argent"

The letter had been waiting for Neramo when he returned home and though it was vague, it's intentions were clear. The priest who'd helped the young noble find his faith was now setting him up to succeed on this grand adventure he was preparing for. Included with the letter was a small map that showed his destination west of Dagnia.

The journey would take him several hours, some of which added on due to his stumbling around and getting lost, but determination would see Neramo through the forest to a small clearing where a home of sorts had been built. It was evident, even in the dark of night, the place had not been well maintained and that it was in desperate need of repairs, but it was still a beautiful sight. Nature and architecture blended together, coexisting in this space. As the young noble approached the building he would see stained glass windows illuminated by candlelight. Someone was home.

1692721403131.png
But before he could move any closer to the structure the sound of wings beating against the wind echoed off of the trees and a powerful gust of wind swept through the clearing. "I was beginning to think you might have been mauled by a mountain troll or murdered by a shambling mound." The voice became more clear as the wind died down and the figure came closer. "You like exactly as the Priest described." The stranger declared with a hint of excitement in his voice. Now on the ground the man removed his helmet and bowed to Neramo. "My name is Abel, I'm a thorn of the order and at your mentor's request I've been assigned to protect you as you undertake this arduous journey." Now stepping into the dim light that escaped the windows, Neramo would be able to better see the large wings and the white hair of the person who greeted him. 1692722730247.png

"We've a lot to discuss, but best we do it inside." Abel closed his wings and gestured for Neramo to follow him as he climbed the stairs. Inside cobwebs and dust had claimed majority of the building, with the only exceptions being the kitchen and the study. "Apologies for the poor state of this place...its been abandoned for a very long time. I'm sure you're hungry, help yourself to some of that stew on."

Abel pulled up an extra chair to the dinning table. after he dusted it off, and plopped down in the seat. He set his helmet on the table and ran his hands through his hair. "I'm sure you've got plenty of questions, gods know the old folks don't share too much information, so ask away." Abel welcomed all of Neramo's questions as he removed his sword and started to undo his armor. "I'm also curious as to why you're going on this....adventure? Did tales of the tree get you wound up?"

Neramo Von Romaniel Contivier
(Nerry by his friends)
1691901864364.png
Neramo cast his gaze over the building across from him in this little clearing of the woods, deep in thought as he hummed softly. He was unsure of why his mentor had sent him the letter at the time he did, but the contents were concerning to say the least. He deeply appreciated his teachers kind words, but the distress in the letter was a deep cause of haste in the young noble. He did not know who was looking over his mentors shoulder, but he supposed that there wasn't much he could do for it. Father Argent seemed intent on not sharing his location, even if he were allowed to, and so Neramo's only option was to pursue his original intended journey.

"Haha, I'm afraid that some shambling mound would not be enough to stop me from my pilgrimage. The Tree is always watching over us, even if we cannot see it anymore." He said with a neutral smile, walking towards the man, using his cane to support his movement over the uneven ground of the forest. "I presume you're the one who knows Father Argent." He stated, walking in to the building as he was prompted, looking at the Thorn named Abel.

Entering the home, He gazed around before smiling slowly. "No need to apologize Abel, any roof is one to be thankful for. I am grateful to you for your assistance." He said with a smile and a bow, twirling his cane before resting it upon his shoulder, taking a seat in the offered chair. "Well, I suppose it is only polite I answer your question before I pose my own." He hummed, before turning to Abel with that same neutral smile on his face. "Tell me Abel. Have you ever heard once of a Demi-god dying? I suppose not, at least none of which I myself have heard. And I believe that if they cannot die, why should we so easily believe that which created them can?" He said softly, resting his hands on his cane in front of him. "Surely you have seen it. The state of our world. Death around every corner, starvation, war... I believe that the tree can release us of our burden, if I can only find the remnant that remains. My magic itself is show enough that there is some remnant left." He said, gazing towards Abel with a serious expression on his face.

"Truth be told, I had believed myself and Father Argent to be the only believers in the tree, but your words imply many more. How many of us are there?" He requested with a curious lilt of his head, wanting to keep his questions simple for the time being so as to let the conversation ease into the future.

Ser Abel
1692832192215.png

As Neramo started, a smirk would start to push at the corners of Abel's lips and he leaned back in his chair, his chin resting in his palm. "You'll fit in well amongst the others." He declared in a taunting tone before a short chuckle escaped him. "You even talk like them." He added. "They all believe that the tree is out there somewhere, sprouting and waiting for its new flock to come tend its broken branches." With a shrug of his shoulders he put the idea far from his mind. Finally he kicked off his greaves and the last of his arms clattered to the floor as he rose to his feet.

He thought more on Neramo's eagerness as the noble launched questions regarding the order. "Father Argent may trust you enough to introduce you to our organization, but the rest of our group does not and they would prefer I tell you only the basics for now." With the ladle in hand, Abel started to fill up his bowl with some of the stew and the steam wafted up into his nostrils. "My turn." Abel's wings fluttered lightly as he turned and made his way back to the table. "You believe your magic comes from...the tree? The one that has been dead longer than any civilization has been alive?"

His bowl tapped the table as he made himself comfortable once more. "Why? Are you some sort of delusional fanatic? Or a clever charlatan?" If Neramo was a liar then he was a good one as he'd played the long con very well and even managed to convince his mentor to reveal to him a secret society. But Abel knew, there was no way that someone was drawing on the power of the tree. That would be impossible.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

(Nerry by his friends)
1691901864364.png
"You say it as if you do not believe so yourself. And I cannot blame you. There is little to no evidence to substantiate my claim. But since when has faith been based on seeing something before you believe it?" He said, looking at Abel with a neutral smile once more, seemingly unperturbed by the taunts or insults. Nothing seemed to be capable of removing the poker face from his visage. "I care not for any flock to follow me. If it is an endeavor I must do alone, I will do so. But the aid you offer me is greatly appreciated." He said, giving a small bow of his head, before resting his hands on the top of his staff.

Upon being asked of his belief of the source of his magic, Neramo smiled a bit more earnestly, his eyes blankly looking towards Abel as he did nothing but nod, and then speak. "Yes, I do. I worship no demi-god. And yet divine energy is what I channel. And so, I believe that the tree remains, and grants me some remnant of the power it has left. And so I seek to find it." He said, his pokerface remaining entirely. If he were lying, crazy, or telling the truth, none could tell, he simply stated it as if it were fact. "And truth be told, as I mentioned before, I had no idea of any larger order. Father Argentum is my only mentor in this belief. I had believed himself and I to be the only ones who followed it."

"Regardless of whether or not you believe it does, our journey begins soon, and so I must ask if you are ready to join me to leave by morrow's eve." He asked, looking at Abel with a hum, starting to stand and stretch some. "There are some from my homeland that I have hired to assist me, so I must go collect them when we are done here." He explained, turning to Abel with a small hum. "My own turn to pose a question I suppose. What do you intend to do if we do find the Remnant on this journey?" He posed quietly, his gaze over Abel, his intentions completely indecipherable with the question. He wanted to understand if this man would attempt to silence him on others behalf, deciding to put the man on the spot with what he would do should they find a remnant of the tree.

Last edited:
Ser Abel

1692969830631.png

"Don't ever doubt my faith in the Great Tree. I don't believe that it is out there somewhere, choosing some random Dagnian...." He paused a moment to draw himself back in and restrain his anger. His spoon dipped into his stew and he savored the meal while Neramo spoke of his beliefs and his mission. He had to give the noble credit for standing his ground, although that wasn't too unique a trait for people of his standing. "Your logic makes sense, but your power could come from any extraplanar entity, there is no guarantee that it is the Tree of Life you call on." Abel wasn't trying to argue, or even plant doubt in Neramo's mind, no he wanted to see just how much the man believed. How strong was his faith?

"Father Argent is one of the most respected members of our organization, I'm surprised that he did not tell you everything and invite you to join us." Abel raised the bowl to his lips and tilted it upwards, pouring the remains of the broth into his mouth. With a satisfied smile he slammed the bowl back down to the table and leaned back in his seat. Full and warm, proud of his modest cooking skill.

"It will be good to have more swords, but are you certain these people can be trusted? I have sworn to protect you so I'm not worried about your physical well-being, but can you trust them with whatever we might find?" The Thorn pushed back from the table and took his bowl as he moved back to the pot for a second helping. This bought him time to think on Neramo's question and how he should answer it. A lie would be easy enough and likely help comfort the man and ease any doubts that he might have.

As he returned to the table, Abel had a more serious expression upon his face. "My sword and shield are pledged to my order and to them I am just that, a sword. I don't know their plans or intentions for you. But whatever they ask of me, now or later, I will commit to with my entire being." This was Abel's way of letting Neramo know his will was not his own and that whatever may happen in the future was not his choice.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

1691901864364.png
Neramo's face did not change under the gaze of Abel's anger, simply standing there with a face unflinching as was his typical poker face. He smiled some and let Abel get it out of his system, waiting to respond until he finished his skeptic comment of Neramo's origin of his abilities. "Well, I suppose my answer would simply be the differences my magic holds from the holy magic granted by any other." He explained with that same almost stone set expression. "Normally, holy magics destroy undead on contact. But my own only harms those I deem wicked enough for it to harm. I could use the magic in a room full of vampires and zombies, and if I do not deem them evil, it will not so much as singe them." He explained with an additional smile. "A non-conclusive piece of evidence I know, but the discrepancy is worth note at the least." He added, knowing that it was far from hard evidence in his favor, but it was certainly worth noting a difference being present.

"A random Dagnian hrm?" He added, deciding to pry some into the mans moment of anger, not for the purpose of spite, but to prove the flaws in what he was saying and how they could not abide by a true believer in the Tree. "What do you suppose makes any others more or less worthy? Do you suppose ones birthplace makes them less in the eyes of the tree? Would you suppose an Eldorian more worthy? Or a man from Khantor?" He asked, his voice not coming off as argumentative or aggressive, but rather purely curious on the mans answer. "I do not presume myself to be chosen by the tree as some messiah, do not mistake me. But I do believe that it has granted me the power I hold. And I thank it every day for the gift I am given." He said with his smile changing for the first time since the discussion had begun, a moment of genuine warmness and gladness peeking through as he spoke, before it quickly returned to the neutral unreadable.

"Of one of them, I can vouche for entirely. The man named Aurelione, I knew his mentor, a man who was to him who Father Argent is to me." He explained, standing with his cane with a smile. "For the rest, I do not entirely trust them, but they have shown no reason to believe them traitors either. So I pay them and they do the job. I am not quick to trust." He explained, humming some as he decided to take a more direct approach to the conversation when the man answered his question of his intentions.

"Very well then. My last question for the time being, is are you ready to leave? I was intending to leave on the morning of the day after tomorrow." He said, looking at the man with a hum.

Ser Abel
1693058716001.png

Abel returned a deadpan gaze as Neramo went on to try to substantiate his claims, but in truth Abel was only made more doubtful and suspicious. He decided against echoing the skepticism he already gave voice to as he was sure nothing would change the other's mind and he wasn't here to investigate the man's wild claims. He would start to dig into his stew before it had any time to cool off. But then the spellcaster started to talk again and his eyes slowly rolled up from the potatoes and carrots floating around in his bowl. "Strike a chord did I?" Abel dabbed his mouth, cleaning up the stew around his lips. "The Tree does not favor any one race more than another. It created the races with purpose, but the people of today do not know the Tree and everyone knows the Dagnians suffer under their leadership. Leaders the Tree would not approve of because of how they treat the commonfolk." Talking about Dagnia had ruined Abel's appetite as he felt his stomach turn and knot. He pushed the bowl away and leaned back in his chair.

Hearing that Neramo did trust at least one of the other recruits was somewhat comforting, but to know that the others were loyal to his coin was not. But that just meant that he would have to be even more vigilant when dealing with these strangers and Neramo's safety.

"Leave? And head where?"Abel asked a smirk while trying to hold back laughter.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

1691901864364.png
"So it is in my homeland. But there are those working to change it, and I believe them capable to do so." He said simply, looking towards Abel as he began to run his hand over his staff some. He knew many did not believe his way of thinking the tree granted him his strength, but it was so. None could convince him otherwise, for that was his belief in the Great Tree. However, he supposed that Abel had a right to his skepticism, even though it was unbecoming of a claimed believer in the great tree. But such was the nature of belief. Some held it, others not.

Then he could hear the snickers of the man asking his location.
"That is a simple answer. We are going to the Fallen Lands. In it's borders is where I am led to believe the resting place of the Great Tree is." He said with full conviction, turning towards the man. "I have studied potential routes, and have found the shortest one, and believe it our best chance to get there."

Ser Abel
1693091141000.png

Neramo's conviction was clear and despite the man's youth and what Abel assumed was inexperience outside of Dagnia's bubble, the noble declared his intentions without faltering or wavering. "The Fallen Lands..." The Thorn cleared his throat as he straightened up and locked eyes with the other man. "...it's the obvious answer, but the dangers that wait just beyond The Pact's borders are...nightmarish to say the least and that's from someone who has only seen those terrors from inside Choran's borders." It was unsettling to think that Neramo and a group of strangers would probably be his allies in such a place. Nothing about the young Dagnian expressed a readiness for those dark lands.

"Whatever path you've laid out, we'll need to add a stop." Abel insisted. "There aren't many Thorns in the organization, but I might be able to get them to meet us along our journey and join us in the Fallen Lands." Convincing them to leave their posts would not be a simple task, but Abel was certain they would need more than just a few sword.

"There is some supplies here that we can take with us and might even be enough to account for whatever lackies you bring on. Bed rolls, tents, some food to start us off with. But before we even think about heading out, I want to see what you're capable of." Abel threw his bowl in the sink and grabbed his sword from the table. "Perhaps you';; convince me of your magic."

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

1691901864364.png
"I know well the tales of the horrors of those lands. But I fear naught. My mission is too important to allow my own feelings of fear to stop me from accomplishing it." He said affirmedly, not disagreeing that the horrors of the Fallen Lands well warranted the lands name. But his face did not falter, fully convicted of his own ideals and goals. However, he placed the point of his staff against the ground, gazing towards Abel as he began to speak, listening intently to what the man had to say.

"I will ask to know what the stop is before we leave, but I will adhere to the request." He said with a small nod, listening to what he began talking about afterwards, his facial expression once more unchanging as the Thorn told him of the plan for a spar, simply raising his staff some and walking out into the clearing outside to get a bit more room for what they were to do.

"I will do my best then." He said, before pulling the staff to his head, beginning a small prayer. "Great Tree, lend me your might to display what you have granted me, that my goal might be shown as what you desire. I seek no death. I seek no pain. I seek your will." Neramo uttered to his staff, before pointing it forward, his eyes looking to Abel with a renewed conviction, a gentle glow coming from the wood of his staff. "Under thy guidance, maker of all."

Upon the duel starting, with not even a flick of his staff, the sky above Abel began to glow, accentuated further by a glow coming from beneath his feet as well, the spell of [Creation Abhors Thee] being called forth by Neramo on top of the man.

Fight Theme

Paralipomena
1461922051-sister-of-the-night-by-selenada-d6ubjwd.jpg

In the dim of the evening, Paralipomena began grow anxious.

"Sol have mercy, I'm lost...." she whimpered, as she walked the quickly narrowing path, overgrown from years of unuse.

The caravan driver had said the town was a 2 hour's walk west, it had been no less than 5 and there was not a hint of civilization in sight.
As time passed and the path turned to gametrail, every sound became a potential threat, a foul beast stalking its quarry.
She became more frantic about her situation, picking up her pace just short of a run before coming to a stop at a fork. The feeling of unease settling around her in her halted state pushed her down the lefthand path for no other reason than to keep moving.
It was exactly like this that she became so often lost.

Eventually, she glimpsed a rapturous sight. A home...of sorts, clearly not made home by anyone....until very recently.
The windows were candlelit, acting as omens of residents but giving no implication to the sorts of residents.
This deep in the forest...."it could be bandits..." she thought. "It could be witches, it could be beastmen!"
All of which have a penchant for fairy flesh one way or another.

With all the stealth she could muster, Paralipomena approached the domicile, hoping to get a peak of the inhabitants before being made known. In case they were, unsavory of character.

Ser Abel
1693233373316.png

Once suited back up in his armor, Abel followed Neramo outside and had a grin plastered across his face. He was all too eager to see just what the Dagnian was capable of. While the spellcaster mumbled his prayers, Abel stretched his wings out and prepared himself. "If he is your chosen...let it be shown now." The Thorn whispered to himself before he drew his blade and crouched down into a battle stance. "Ready when-!" Before he could finish, Neramo had cast a spell and Abel's gaze went up to the sky where a bright light had formed and was starting to grow brighter.

Quickly he raised his left forearm and his wings stretched outward. "Bulwark!" A large tower shield of gold appeared, expanding to grant cover to his entire form. As the beam crashed down upon him, Abel felt the weight of Neramo's faith and grit his teeth as he tried to hold against the beam. But when he felt his shield might not survive his wings beat against the air and pushed him out from under the beam's wrath.

Now airborne Abel watched the beam, scorch the earth where he had once stood. "Impressive!" He called down to the noble. His shield started to repair itself as he tightened his hold on his sword before he directed his attention to Neramo. But that was when, in the dying brilliance of Neramo's spell, he spotted what appeared to be an onlooker. His eyes narrowed and his wings started to carry him towards the stranger. For a moment he considered that this may be one of Neramo's colleagues, but for skulking in the forest he would still treat them with prejudice. "Show yourself! Step out of the darkness so that we may see you!"

The blade of Abel's sword started to glow, emitting a faint light that dimly illuminated the tree line and pushed back some of the nighttime darkness. At this point it would become clear to Neramo of course that the spar was on hold.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

1691901864364.png
Neramo watched as the spell went through, seeing the struggle before Abel ducked out of the way, not hearing the mans comment about wanting to see if he was chosen. He hummed some as the light illuminated their surroundings, the glow dying down as he knew there was someone else in the area. "Please, come out. We won't harm you. Are you in need of aid or direction?" He asked, a far kinder tone coming from himself than from Abel, as he held no contempt for whoever was hidden in the woods, instead of his gaze looking out as he began to call forth more light from his staff, a warm light almost like a blanket moving over the tree line.

He thought some over the little bit of the duel they did have, and he could see that his supposed bodyguard was capable indeed, summoning the shield from nowhere and being capable of such a maneuver. However, he supposed that further investigation and testing would need to wait for the lost soul to reveal themselves so that Neramo could aid them. He offered up a prayer of thanks for the Tree's aid however, believing that it must be done for even the smallest of help.

Last edited:
Paralipomena

Paralipomena sat in awe of the lightshow, barely having time to react to as the more angelic individual began his approach.
A spine tingling instinct to hide caused her body to tense and let out a yelp, her cover now irreperably blown.
She ducked down, a vain attempt as both had seen her in the magical light.

"m-....Hello~" she said nervously poking her head out of the brush. "Forgive my intrusion! I-This must all seem so terribly furtive..." she started, making her way completely out of the treeline.

"It's just- I find myself turned around you see...I was trying to make my way to a nearby town and seem to have lost my way."

I stumbled upon your..." she glanced passed them to the decrepit house momentarily. "- lovely home, by happenstance. I harbor no ill will, I assure you." Paralipomena raised her hands in a gesture of surrender.
"Surely you can understand the utility in assessing your design from a distance.(?) There are all manner of unsavory sort in this wood."

Though still unsure of her current company, she couldn't help but find their mien interesting, specifically the winged one. A sort of fae perhaps?

Last edited:
Ser Abel
1693275467994.png

Abel briefly set his gaze upon Neramo who had taken a more tender approach to the news of a stranger observing them in the shadows. Perhaps that was Father Argent's priestly teachings of kindness and humility. The warrior kept his sword drawn and his shield materialized as he descended to the ground and approached the girl. Supposedly a lost soul, victim to the shadows and vanishing paths of the forest. "Hmph." He wasn't sure that he believed her story just yet and he wouldn't allow Neramo's evidently trusting nature to endanger them both. "Where are you from traveler? How did you come to be in this forest on your own?" The nearest city from here was Dagnia, but the next major city was Eldoria and no one but a lunatic would walk such a distance alone. He briefly turned his head to look at Neramo, hoping that the noble would catch on that he did not trust the woman.

Paralipomena

Paralipomena's gaze locked on the more armored of the two as he materialized a shield and closed in on her.
She shrunk away and matched him more or less step for step, moving back as he walked forward.
Imposing as strange men in the woods arleady were, this one was doubly so.

"I am a simple wanderer!" she stammered, dropping her shawl as she raised her hands more expressively. "I have no intent, save for finding shelter from the night, this much I swear! It was relayed to me that there was a village nearby that could afford me as much. But, I became lost along the way."

Paralipomena tried to analyze the situation as best she could, something she was notoriously unreliable with.
Of what she walked in on she was unsure, but the suspicion of the man brandishing weapons did not bode well. A suspicious mind can be a harbinger of loathesome nature.
In the very least there was a secretive aspect here that she was being accused of seeking out.
And she wasn't even wearing Imperial garb this time around.

"I give you my word, I am acutely ignorant of any impetus or objective here, yours or otherwise." She backed up a bit more, briefly contemplating making a run for it.
"I have coin, it's yours! A solatium for my obtrusion."

Paralipomena looked to the less war-like of the two pleadingly before returning her attention to the more threatening one.

Last edited:
(lower quality since I’m typing on my phone)

Neramo watched the woman nervously explain herself, knowing that his companion held suspicion of this lost soul. And truth be told, he did as well. But that was the human suspicion in him. She could very well be telling the truth, and there was no reason to be openly hostile. A touch of wariness yes, but no need for the approach his companion was taking. “Well, in that case, would you care to come with us back to town? If you are looking for Dagnia, I was returning there shortly.” He said, believing that was the best course to proceed with. This way, their dealings are not made known if she were a spy, and if she was not, he would be helping a lost soul.

Ser Abel
1693421870823.png

As he listened Abel made note that the woman chose not to share her place of origin or the origin of her little adventure. Perhaps fear made her think only of pleading her case, but that was not something he would forget. Her vocabulary did not belong to that of some common woman, so he suspected she was more than just a simple traveler lost in the woods. But then Neramo invited the woman to join them.

Abel's head spun and he glanced over his shoulder at the noble with narrowed eyes. "She has told you nothing of herself aside from that she is lost, yet you would welcome her to travel at our side?" He refused to believe that anyone would be so gullible or easily swayed by their heart so perhaps Neramo had a plan.

"I'll ask on more time, where are you from and who are you?" He was charged with Neramo's protection and would not let a bleeding heart be their undoing. For all they knew she was a forest hag trying to get them to drop their guard. "Refuse to do so and I will cut you down." He threatened.

Paralipomena

Paralipomena's nervousness began to transform to panic as the armored man expressed his suspicion of her being.
"I am lost! Truly!" she added as he addressed the foreign nobleman, taking a step or two forward before backing away twice as many.

As much as her instincts told her to start running, she intuited just as strongly that it would be futile. An athlete she was not and her flight had been taken from her long ago.
It wasn't much of a toss up on whether or not she should cooperate. She hadn't meant to come off as cryptic to begin with anyway.

"I'm from the Empire!" she spat out almost as if a single word. "Well...formerly....5 years formerly...To be completely forthcoming, I am more of an exile..." she admitted looking away as if embarrassed by the admission.
"I was forced to flee my home under duress. By pain of death, as consequence of my fae nature. My name is Paralipomena... once servi privati of Patrician Marcus Rasmus Maris. Now....not much of anything really..."

She became a bit somber in having laid her life bear, her pitch shifting from panicked to intoned.

"If it would appease you, I would be happy to present my execution brand...to lend credit to my explanation. In the absence of any other evidence..."

1691901864364.png
Neramo smiled some, gesturing to her. "I'm afraid the symbol would not help myself much, I'd not know what a true one looks like. But you've given your explanation." He said, hoisting his staff onto his shoulders. "Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing to guide her to the city. She knows not our purpose here, and so if we take her home, she will remain ignorant, and if she is telling the truth, we have helped her and will be able to leave." He said with a smile, whispering to Abel about his statement, wanting to settle this peacefully, wanting to make sure that the girl isn't killed. Even if she were a spy, he wouldn't kill. He didn't like the thought of it, but for the sake of the Tree and his beliefs, he did not desire to kill anyone.

"What do you think Abel? I don't think she is lying, being a Fae is quite a far reach for a supposed spies cover story." He said with a soft smile on his face, looking towards his bodyguard.

Ser Abel
1693773718487.png

A fae exile from the empire was a unique story indeed, it would suffice for now though as enough information for Abel. He slowly lowered his sword as he listened to Neramo whisper in his ear. In a burst of light his shield dematerialized and he sheathed his sword. "We'll see you to Dagnia, I guess." The warrior conceded before he turn a sharp glare at Neramo. "Exhaust your kindness now. On the road there will be no place for empathy and sympathy." Though he talked in a hushed tone to the noble there was a growl; in Abel's voice that made evident how serious he was on the matter. Such behavior would either draw out their trip or make them victims of a half-witted trap and Abel desired neither outcome.

"You like stew? We have some inside and there should be another bed, or at least a bed roll." Abel's wings twitched as he turned away from the two and started back towards the run down building. "The forest will be crawling with creatures tonight and our new friend has traveled a long way already. We'll leave in the morning." The Thorn declared.

He and Neramo still needed to discuss the route that they would take to the Fallen Lands.

1691901864364.png
Neramo simply shrugged some at the command Abel gave him, shaking his head some. "As much as my suspicious heart demands discretion, to deny a lost soul the tree has laid before me out of a baseless belief of betrayal is something I cannot do. I will err' on the side of caution to appease your request." He explained some, looking off towards the cabin and starting to walk again. He knew that this might upset Abel, but to defy the mission the tree has given him in this world was something that Neramo couldn't do simply to appease another.

"I will be sleeping soon as well myself." Neramo said with a hum, knowing it was best to sleep for the early journey ahead. He didn't entirely trust staying around these two, but the tree protects as he believed, and so he believed it would turn out okay.

Ser Abel
1694453676319.png

Since Neramo declared he was growing tired and their new guest was surely exhausted from her long trek through the forest, Abel decided it was best to call it a night as well. But as the defender he made sure the aera was secure before he extinguished the candles and put himself to sleep.

Dawn broke over the trees and eastern mountains the next morning, sung to by the waking birds and other critters of the forest. It wasn't long before the trio was on the road and headed towards Dagnia. Abel had arranged packs for everyone, but Paralipomena's only held a little food and a blanket while his own and Neramo's had bedrolls, medical supplies, food, and lanterns.

The winged warrior walked slightly ahead of the group, keeping his eyes peeled for threats from the tree line as they headed down the barely visible path. Abel stopped at a nearby tree and ran his hand along a symbol that resembled a rising sun. "We're close now. We should arrive within the hour." He called back to Neramo and Paralipomena.

"Keep your guard up/ Bandits usually strike people leaving and entering the city at this point." With all the trees and abundance of brush nearby it wouldn't be hard for any threats to be hiding nearby without them knowing. Bandits would also be the least of their worries, but he didn't want to panic the woman that had joined them.

"How long do you think we'll be in the city?" Abel inquired as he looked over at Neramo.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

1691901864364.png
Neramo held no worry of the roads or bandits, simply walking with his staff as plainly as he had when he had come to visit Abel's location, albeit with a new pack on his back with supplies. He did gave thanks to Abel for the supplies. With them approaching and Abel speaking up some, Neramo decided to engage in the conversation some himself. "That we should. I can't imagine that it will be too difficult from here."

He knew his home was not too far off, and they only needed be there for a day, long enough for his employees and escorts to join them after packing their things. Everything else had already been taken care of. "We won't be but a single day. I need only give my employees enough time to finish packing and get on the road with us." He answered while looking out ov er the forest trail, holding his staff tight.

"Even if the bandits and other dangers arise, I have no worry in my mind of our success. The Tree is with us." He said with full confidence, holding his staff firmly. He knew that most thought him crazy for his claims when they heard him, but he did not need their approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back