• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Tapestry: A Samurai Jack Roleplay

Borkus Lazorus

" Long ago...In a Distant Land, I, Aku, the Shape-Shifting Warrior of Darkness, UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL."

"But a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to approach me....Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future. Where my evil is law."

" Now, the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the evil that is Aku."

" .......But, he has done something far more worst. Inspire resistance among my empire of pure evil incarnate. Become a symbol of hope in my future....."

".......For the fool seeks to inspire more fools to pursue this foolish action of heresy....."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In recognition of Samurai Jack's Season 5 premiere this weekend, I have started what is most likely the very first Samurai Jack roleplay in this forum. Or at least, I've seen on the net.

Anyway, the plot of this roleplay, if you haven't guessed above, is to focus on the wayward actions of other heroes or individuals within Samurai Jack's universe who oppose Aku inadvertedly or on purpose. What Jack has become in this universe, aside from being a complete utter fucking badass, is inspire hope within people who live in a oppresive, stifling dystopian enviroment. The point of this RP is to focus on people who aren't the main character, on people who try to make the best of their living every single day.

A side-story to Jack's destiny.

I want to focus on actions that have transpired during Samurai Jack's long 50 year stay into the future.

I want to explore the rich breadth of visual art and storytelling that Tartovsky has provided us with. The rich blend of cultures and retro-futuristic technology that he blended into the cartoon. The mythologies within this universe.

I want to roleplay some goddamned Samurai Jack.

I'm interested, but when you mean side-characters, do you mean only those in the present, or can we do time travelers?

I am fairly interested. Samurai Jack is a childhood favourite of mine. I also watched the fist episode of the new season and I was 100% satisfied.

I'm interested, but when you mean side-characters, do you mean only those in the present, or can we do time travelers?

There are no restrictions on what your character is. The only thing you can't have going for them is that they have the same character background as Jack or have the same destiny as him and so forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back