• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tales of Novora (Advanced-casual, make your own race)

TheLoneRook

Death's Secretary
For as long as we have ever known, we have been at war.

The world upon which we rest is split asunder, divided by a line of blood and rotting corpses. We fling soldiers to the borders in hopes that one day the other side will fall, but we are of equal strength, equal prowess. Equal naivety.

We spend countless hours preparing for the next wave. The next assault. We are both defender and siege, assailant and victim. For as long as we can remember, we have only understood that we are just and our counterparts are wicked.

We were fools, all of us.

A new opponent entered the field, one that neither of us expected. Primal, ancient, hungry for power, it destroys all that does not bow in its name, and now it comes for us all, regardless of banner or creed.

The Men of Blood, they call themselves. Bound by little more than a single promise to cleanse us from a world that is no longer theirs. They come for us, and we must learn to stop killing each other if we are ever to find a way to defeat them.

Hello all,

This is Tales of Novora, a fantasy roleplay inspired by World of Warcraft, Soul Eater, and a few other smaller titles. It tells the tale of a world plagued by constant bloodshed finding the necessity for cooperation against a common threat.

The two sides are known as The Vanguard and The Seditious.

The Vanguard are bound by law and right, and adhere to a century old code that is both cruel and just. They are ruled by a council of elders, who do all that they can to maintain the code, and fight against all that is The Seditious. The races of the Vanguard are of simple physical build, but what they lack in physical prowess they make up for in arts of magic.

The Seditious are bound by honor and oath, sworn to fight against the injustice and tyranny of The Vanguard. They are ruled by a single commander, decided annually by a tournament of combat. The Seditious are powerful in body, their anatomy giving them abilities unlike any other, but they lack and ability to manipulate the deep-rooted magics of Novora.

Each side includes 4 races. I have provided 2 races myself, one on either side. The remaining six I am leaving to be developed by you wonderful creators. All races will need to be for the most part humanoid in physical structure, but that is my only limitation save that the race follows the guidelines of the side that it fights for. Participants will be able to make characters from any provided (and accepted) race, and if they so choose participants can also opt to not build a race and simply create a character from the list that has been created for them.

Those who choose to build race will also be in charge of developing that race's culture, background, and involvement with their given faction. Feel free to contact me for any assistance in doing this.

The central gimmick of all characters is that they are Codesworn (Vanguard) or Oathsworn (Seiditious). Being an Oathsworn gives you the power to bond with someone of the opposite faction and exchange a small portion of your abilities. This bond is designed to allow the two sides to come together as a stronger, united front, and I'll touch on its intricacies in the full forum.

ANYWHO, if this is something you'd be interested in lemme know. As I said in the thread name, this is going to be a little on the heavy side of post size for casual (at least I think) but I truly believe that a lot of casual players are capable of detailed work so I wanted to pool the larger crowd and see what happened. While there are only six slots available for races, there is currently no current cap for characters just yet, so don't be deterred by the seemingly small availability.

Cheers folks,

Rook

Would anyone who's interested currently please PM me your race concepts now, I'm going to get started on the full forum and I'd like to see what we're looking at

@Riuma Fair point. I'll have the main forum up tonight, though it may not be fully completed, but I'll be sure to get through the meat of both of my races.

I'd also like to thrown in my 2 cents for one of the 4 vanguard races if spots are still available

TheLoneRook said:
@ToolorDie for the most part yes, if you'd like to stretch that you can PM me about it, but there is lore based reasons for that similarity
I understand. Will PM shortly, not trying to be the special case haha just had an idea I've been wanting to use. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back