• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tales of Kernheim

morpheusing

ангел мести

• The lore of this world is simple enough, although a little strange. According to legend, the world is a seed that fell from the tree that's two fruits are the sun and the moon. After the seed fell, the Anmutgeist - the ancient keepers of the tree - came down bathed in light and began to walk the world and shape life on its surface. One Amnutgeist - one named Hersteller, who was powerful and beautiful above all the rest - took the earth's clay in his hands and created man, leaving him to bake in the sun and harden his skin, meaning to keep him safe from the beasts' terrible claws.

However, the seed detested the Amnutgeist's presence and spawned the Erderasse, powerful forces of nature that began to hunt the Amnutgeist and their creations. Hersteller saw these creatures rise and was shocked by their hideous form. As one came to try and destroy him he took a stone and shaped it into a sword, striking down the beast that came for him. However, the Erderasse had cut his leg open with its claw, and Hersteller was wounded. He took man by his arm, leading him to a cave to be safe, for man's skin had not finished hardening. Hersteller lay poisoned, dying slowly. He made more life in that cave, desperate not to leave this world empty. Just before he died, Hersteller breathed life into man as his final act, pouring knowledge and wisdom into him. As man stared down at Hersteller's body through new eyes and understood, taking his bones and making a blade that could cut through stone, flesh or root.

Man left the cave and wandered the world, slaying any beast that stopped him and fleeing from Erderasse that hunted him. One day, man came met an Erderasse that spoke to him.

"Man," it said, its voice flickering with an unknown heat, "what do you hold?"

"It is death." Man said, raising his sword.

"What does it do for you?" The Erderasse inquired.

"It gives me claws longer than any beast in the wild, for I have no hide to protect me." Man replied.

"And what of life?" The Erderasse prodded. "Do you carry it too?"

"I have been given life by Hersteller, but it is not a thing I have." He responded, beginning to wonder.

"Would you like to?" The Erderasse asked, stretching out its claws.

"I do not know how." Man answered, realizing how little he knows.

"Man, Hersteller gave his breath to give you thought, and his bones to give you strength." The Erderasse stated, truth ringing in its words. "But he did not give you love, and he did not give you warmth. Man, are you lonely when you walk? Are you cold when shadows fall?"

"I am often lonely in my walks, for I have none who share them. I have no warmth at night when I sleep and shiver in the cold." Man said, feeling a dull pain in his chest, recognizing it as the pain of not having. "Can you give me these things?"

"I can." The Erderasse claimed, digging its claws into the earth and shaping the dirt into Woman. It reached out and cut Man along his palms, forever leaving marks on his hands. It poured its magic into her and smiling as she opened her eyes and saw Man. The two embraced and rejoiced, glad to have company with each other. Turning back to the Erderasse, Man spoke again.

"You have given me love, but you spoke of warmth? How can I be warm when all is cold?" He asked, hopeful for the gift. The Erderasse smiled again and raised its arm, cutting its paw on Man's blade. It raised the wound to the sky and dripped three drops of blood onto the ground, Fire springing from the stained dirt.

"Take this Fire," The Erderasse said, "It will keep you warm. Skin the beasts of the wild when you kill them, and dry their skins with the Fire. Those too will keep you warm and protect you. Now go, Man, and remember my gifts."

So Man went on, Woman by his side, and explored the world with his wife. When they settled, Man loved Woman and she birthed three children.

And so Man prospered through the gifts of the Anmutgeist and of the Erderasse.

As Man's seed spread across the lands, the war waged on between the Anmutgeist and the Erdrasse. They fought long and hard, and their fury often destroyed Man's seeds' works. Long did Man's seed bear this, but after much time they cried out, tired of life in fear. Man, who had lived longer than any of his seed, took up the bones of Hersteller once more and armed his seed with the stones of the earth fashioned after his own blade, marching out into the wilds and chasing out the Anmutgeist and Erderasse. As he continued to fight, driving them from the land he met the Erderasse that gave him Woman and Fire.

"Why do you hunt us, Man? Have my gifts failed you?" It asked, wounded by Man's holy blade.

"Your gifts have let me live and my seed to grow." Man answered, a tear rolling down his face. "My sons tire of destruction. They beg me to drive you from this land so they no longer have to fear."

"What of Fire? And of Woman? Have they forgotten?" It cried, afraid for its brothers.

"I will remind them. I wish to not destroy you or your brothers, for you have been kind." Man sobbed, preparing to return to his sons. "Tell your brothers that they must hide, and that if they will avoid my seed that they will be safe here."

"I will do this, Man." The Erderasse resolved. "I will take my brothers and we will hide ourselves where our power belongs. If we do this, will we be safe?"

"Yes." Said Man, and it was so.

After the Anmutgeist had been driven from the land and few remained, the Erderasse were hidden and the seed of Man were pleased. And so life continued, although the seed of Man continued to fear and hate much of the Anmutgeist and Erderasse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back