• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Take a Chance~! [OPEN]

Lightna

Local Ceraunophile
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Alright, here's the thing. This isn't a dice RolePlay in the sense that most people would think. I'm not asking to do a DnD campaign or anything like that. However, the specific RolePlay mechanic I want to do involves dice. You feel? Now, let's get past my explaining myself and get to the ad, shall we?

I'd like to have a really flexible RolePlay partner who would be interested in doing something that I like to refer to as RolePlays based on chance. I'll explain in more detail below, but I have a feeling just seeing that will turn people off.

Because the RolePlay is based on chance, I have no idea what genre, gender pairing, or pretty much anything else that we would be doing until the whole planning portion gets underway. This is why I stress that my RolePlay partner must be very flexible; things are bound to go into any direction possible.

• So basically, what I mean by chance is that you don't make the decisions. You can make this chance happen by any means you'd like. You would put all of the options you have in a situation into a numbered list and then use a die (or random number generator, etc; whatever suits your fancy) to choose something for you.

For example, when choosing a plot, you would put all of the preferred genres in a list like so:
    1. Fantasy
    2. Romance
    3. Sci-fi
    and so on until you have all of the genres you like

You would generate a number, and that's what the plot would have to be. Things like that, only it's for every single decision. That's why writing flexibility is very important.

In closing, I must say that if someone reading this happens to be named Chance, you are a very powerful individual.

As a disclaimer, do not be intimidated by this. I'm not going to force you to do something just because chance told you to, the bully. If you receive something that you don't think you can pull off, you don't have to do it! You can always try again.

However, the key word there is to try. This is meant to be a difficult concept. It's meant to test and stretch you as a writer. But, keep in mind that RolePlaying is for fun. I've never met someone who gets paid to do it. So, don't force yourself to do something you know, with absolute certainty, that you can't do, okay?

I prefer to RolePlay in PMs, so if you're interested, don't be afraid to shoot me a message!

Last edited:
I feel strange doing this, but if I don't bump it after it gets off the first page, it'll be lost in the storm x.x

I'm willing to participate! Even though some of the genre might not suitable for my taste, but I would like to try this kind of rp.

I'm willing to participate! Even though some of the genre might not suitable for my taste, but I would like to try this kind of rp.
Oh, hello! Like I mentioned in my post, if some of the genres in my list don't really match what my partner feels comfortable writing, I have a whole list of other options~

Would you rather I sent the message or you?

I suddenly feel the urge to do this again, so I'm reviving this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back