• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tabula Rasa

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Once, there was an Empire.

It stretched from the temple-cities of the homeworld to the furthest stars. It was built upon wonders of magitech that bent physics to their whim and laughed at the interstellar gulf. It was a time of peace and enlightenment. We don't know, really know, what it looked like, but we know it was glorious - and like all golden ages, it was lost.

The Wild Hunt came screaming out of subspace, a dimension where reason and science failed, and tore apart the works of the Magi. The war raged for centuries, and the Magi could not prevail. A war for which you were made. A war you no longer remember.

You are Bandi; and you know nothing of your past - but your body remembers. Even now, waking from millennia of slumber, your sluggish swordplay outmatches your foes. Your shoddy aim still fells four enemies in five. Your magic turns mighty warriors to ash.

And you are alone, save for the voice of The Dreamer over the datalinks.

The system is in turmoil, Bandi - will you take up your ancient duty as guardians of peace, or assume the mantle of rule as inheritors to the lost Magi?

---------------

Gonna have to trust me here, folks. I'll drip-feed setting info as we go, starting with you being woken from cryosleep unarmed and disorientated.

Once I have four players, I'll talk you through character creation.

But if you want to play magic space ninjas with tons of autonomy, sign on up.

CharGen

All Soulcages have two defensive traits: Shields and Soak.

Soak is straightforward - it reduces incoming physical harm by a flat value. By default it is 5 for all ‘cages, but certain ‘cages have a higher or lower value.

Shields start at 10 and negate incoming damage. They refresh fully every second Round as long as no hits landed. Soak does not apply.

‘Cages have different Condition values, and user Health is always 10.

All ‘Cages are immune to Magic, preventing friendly fire and forcing Bandi vs. Bandi conflicts to gun and blade.

All Soulcages grant the wearer Physical Attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Fitness) of 4. Each type of ‘cage adds bonus Physical Attribute points on top of that.

Intuition starts at 2 and costs 3, 6, and 9XP for ranks 3 to 6.

All other Attributes start at 1.

You get 54 XP to spend on all Social and Physical Attributes at standard XP rates.

Opportunities to increase Attributes after character creation will be rare.

All Bandi awaken with three points in Melee, Ranged, Unarmed, and Athletics. You’ll receive XP for Skills as memories return or you undertake training.

All Bandi awaken bonded with their Soulcages - symbiotic suits of powered armour that empower and protect the Bandi. To remove them would kill the wearer.

Soulcages have a regenerating Mana reserve of 10 which recovers at a rate of 2 Mana per Round.

Soulcages spend Mana to generate Magical effects; every 1 point spent is a point of Damage. Some 'cages can spend 2 points per Attribute point to buff or debuff allies and enemies.

Masters of their craft, Bandi do not have to sacrifice Combat Pool for their first spellcast in a Round.

• Vala

The Flame of Justice

A solid all-round ‘cage, the Vala can project flames, heat the air, generate explosions, and increase their allies resistance to mind-altering effects.

Vala are coloured in shades of fire and gold, and often the helmets invoke the Manticore of ancient times.

Strength: 5

Dexterity: 5

Fitness: 6

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm. What should we fill in for our magic space ninjas? Would they remember their own names? Retain personality traits?

Hrm hrm. Have examples of what's the naming convention like here? Do they use epithets exalting their battle prowess?

Ah... ska...

The sound is a whisper, the reflection of light within a drop of dew.

Skahmy...

It's the susurration of a veil of fog. Pleasant. Meaningless.

Baskarmyna.

The veil shatters into light, into the thousand gleaming beads of a snapped rosary, each one reflecting a single black eye as they clatter away from her dark form.

Baskarmyna, They intone. Black Starling Alit the Gold Tower. WE bid you rise.

Ooh. Interesting.

I wonder if I could be allowed a tad of modified Greek or Latin for mine?

Right, I think I'm going to go for a Raksaka named Sitara. I just have a few questions to ask before I gen my character.

1. How personalised are the 'cages appearance?
  2. You say it's regular XP for Physical and Social, but you don't mention Mental. Is that a deliberate thing, or a typo?
  3. Are there any particular changes to the skill loadout, or are there certain skills you would recommend or recommend against?

Oh poop, a smidge too slow.

1. Very, as long as you stick to the themes and they're largely humanoid.

2. Huge typo. Should be Social and Mental - you don't spend XP on Physical because they're capped by the 'cage.

3. Skills should be consistent with Dismal Streets, with the addition of Piloting.

Not necessarily too slow - we'll see who is definitely in and who was merely intrigued.

Ah, okay. Thanks brah. I'll gen a character anyway, that's always fun. Also, I can help you with yours @Teh Frixz if you'd like.

Or anyone else who'd like a character made, but is unsure or just annoyed by character gen.

@DeusExAlice in case she's of a mood.

Maybe I'll just accept the first four good character concepts - which means Cirno is way in the lead, as usual.

Well now. I want a Jadugara but the reaper motif is done to absolute death. (Pun intended)

Instead I think appearance wise a dessicated toad should be the inspiration. Held together with needle, thread, and bone. I'll come up with more on it later. Just playing with a concept.

I'm generally more used to freeform than dice, and have never done a play-by-post that involved dice (though I do have hefty experience with real-time D&D).

That being said, I mean, come on. Strange, enigmatic soul-ninjas? Count me the bloody hell in.

Even now, in deepest slumber, She can see them glistening.

That mute sea of shining blackness, roiling with countless grains of light...

There are no dreams for Her, not She who has tasted of ubiquity.

They cut spiral patterns in the vibrancy of darkness, each one a path that takes millennia.

She watches the slick sheen of iridescence, its depths of infinity choked with starstuff and rippling with the movement of immeasurable celestial bodies.

She watches and She waits, She who is Sitara Alina Sor, Witness to All Things.

She knows She will wait no longer.

Blackadder said:
Hmm. To use an Athenian, Spartan or Roman bent in my motifs/nomenclature?
Maybe pick the theme/cage first and then see which source of inspiration has the coolest motifs/nomenclature to borrow?

[Kampa user]

Dreams are but a rhythmic pounding.

Merely that where upon the surface of darkness, something is made from nothing.

Creation is a divine force, and it is eternal.

What is new must meet the light.

He knows this. He was the first.

The model on which all others came. Their pattern.

When Vulcanos Ingen, Forge of the Bandi, Eldest Sibling rises, the Universe will be remade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back