• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom TᕼE GᖇIᗰᗰ ᗯᗩᖇ -- RWBY Inspired RP

I'd love to join. It's been a while since I last saw RBWY though, would that be a problem?

I'd love to join. It's been a while since I last saw RBWY though, would that be a problem?
Of course not!
I have a lore thread setup for some of the basics of RWBY! Also, since the roleplay is based off an AU..there is no need to be concerned with the actual canon story of the roleplay!

Also, if you have any questions regarding any systems of how RWBY works in anyway, I am always open for questions and will do my best to answer them as best I can!

Here is the link to the OOC!
[Link Here]

I'm interested! My only question is that while I get the gist of the setting, what would be the starting prompt for our characters?

Pathfinder03 Pathfinder03

Most of the characters are people from various walks of life who are dealing with the fallout of a secret project to create Aura Grimm (human/faunus fighters hybridized with Grimm) in response to the sudden disappearance of a lot of Dust over 10 years ago. (Which caused a lot of weapons and major technology to be inoperable.) The project predictably didn't go well and most of the subjects either died or escaped, and Grimm surged causing the kingdoms to take heavy damage.

Now,society has regained some semblance of stability and Dust is starting to reappear,but the damage is still there.

The current events are that the Vytal Festival is underway in Mistral again and things are getting tense as several Aura Grimm are present (incognito),but the festival has yet to be cut short.

I'm interested! My only question is that while I get the gist of the setting, what would be the starting prompt for our characters?
Pathfinder03 Pathfinder03

Most of the characters are people from various walks of life who are dealing with the fallout of a secret project to create Aura Grimm (human/faunus fighters hybridized with Grimm) in response to the sudden disappearance of a lot of Dust over 10 years ago. (Which caused a lot of weapons and major technology to be inoperable.) The project predictably didn't go well and most of the subjects either died or escaped, and Grimm surged causing the kingdoms to take heavy damage.

Now,society has regained some semblance of stability and Dust is starting to reappear,but the damage is still there.

The current events are that the Vytal Festival is underway in Mistral again and things are getting tense as several Aura Grimm are present (incognito),but the festival has yet to be cut short.
Thank you Nella!
--
But yes, this is the general gist of what is going on at the start. The only thing not stated was the fact that hunters and huntresses are not generally liked or even approved in any sense right now. They are not allowed to be in the Vytal Festivial tournament but as Nella stated, a handful have joined while being incognito.

I do have a character that has stumbled upon a very... unique way of combating the Grimm.

Aura Flow. Much as Team RWBY likely did (as well as, most likely, Pyrrha Nikos), training with their chosen weapon until it is an extension of themselves. Learning to 'flow' their Aura not only through themselves, but their weapons and gear as well. Doesn't work quite as effectively as Dust Rounds at range, but at mid to close range (considering he forged his weapons himself and infused Dust, specifically Fire, Lightning, and Wind, into the weapons) he's downright scary.

Aura Flow. Much as Team RWBY likely did (as well as, most likely, Pyrrha Nikos), training with their chosen weapon until it is an extension of themselves. Learning to 'flow' their Aura not only through themselves, but their weapons and gear as well. Doesn't work quite as effectively as Dust Rounds at range, but at mid to close range (considering he forged his weapons himself and infused Dust, specifically Fire, Lightning, and Wind, into the weapons) he's downright scary.
Hm? So, Aura Flow as the semblance?
If so, could you elaborate a little more onto what you had in mind for it? Since I think I'm a tad bit confused as to what you meant. Since Pyrrha's semblance was pretty much magnetism and each of the team members of RWBY were all different.
So, what did you exactly mean that their weapon is an extension of themselves? I'm sorry, I think I'm confused completely the more I think on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back