• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Sword Art Online: Tales of Aincrad [Hosted Project]

Atom

Suffers from Selective Memory

8-jpg.125621

WELCOME!
Welcome to Sword Art Online: Tales of Aincrad! SAO:ToA is an AU version of SAO lacking all canon characters other than key antagonist figures, such as Heathcliff. It is my attempt at a long lasting and succesful SAO roleplay and has been going pretty well so far! Much of the success I owe to an awesome team that came together early in it's life when I needed them, and with their help we've really been working on bringing you the best SAO RP on the best RP site! So for any of you SAO fans out there looking for something good and long lasting I invite you to give us a try!

THE STORY

Sword Art Online is a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game released in 2022 utilizing the Nerve Gear. The Nerve Gear is a virtual reality helmet that was created and used to stimulate the users five sense. The game goes live November 6th, 2022. The players, logging in for the first time, soon discover that they’re unable to log back out.

The Players are then informed by Akihiko Kayaba that in order to leave the game they will have to ascend Aincrad floor by floor until they reach the 100th and final floor and beat the final boss. But it comes with a catch. If you die in the game, the nerve gear will fry your brain, and your real body will die with it...

Important Tidbits
So just a few things that some of you might be wondering regarding the RP itself!

• It utilizes RPN's hosted project system, allowing for far more organization and a lot of possibility for the actual RPing compared to your standard tab RP.
  • Posting requirements are only five lines per post, but I do quite enjoy seeing people post more ;3
  • The mechanics of the RP give it a more random and game like feel in a way to mirror the actual atmosphere of a game!
  • A lot of questions you might have can be answered either in the info or if you can't find anything (Or you're too lazy to read it all, shame on you :C) can be answered by any of our five STs!

THE GM's

Any questions can be addressed to one of our five GM's

Got a mechanic problem? Pester me about it. -Excalibur

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm relatively surprised by the replies...or lack of.

Scoop I think we need a better interest check...

I don't know about anyone else, but I was intimidated after clicking the link. ._.

I can understand a bit of intimidation, which is why the five STs are willing to help in any way we can!

Yea it's a bit complicated here and there, a bit big, but it's also possibly the longest running SAO RP on RPN with three months under it's belt!

Do I have to know a bunch about sao to play. Or can I learn as u go. I only seen like maybe 5 episodes of sao 2 but I like the idea.

Shippo said:
Do I have to know a bunch about sao to play. Or can I learn as u go. I only seen like maybe 5 episodes of sao 2 but I like the idea.
Everything you need to know is covered in the RPs rules and mechanics mostly.

This RP is an AU version of SAO that only has the setting of Aincrad.

OneWayOut said:
I'm interested in a SAO RP but im new and have no idea what is going on in that link I clicked xD
Ah

No worries

@scooptoot Can help you if he's online, if not then I'll shoot you a message as soon as I finish up some dishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back