• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic sweep me away... (looking!)

persimmon

social justice cleric
my name's persimmon, i'm 21, and i have no time for roleplays anymore.

this might put you off but if you're like me, and you want to do something creative without the commitment of daily posts or keeping up with a group roleplay, then i think we'd get along! i'm looking for a steady conversation (about anything and everything) and posts every other day without stress on post length. i think the quality of my writing is rather good, but like i said, i don't have time to sit and write out 6 paragraph replies.

i like irradiated, post-apocalyptic scenarios. i like zombies, deathclaws, deserts, and bombed-out cities. i like freak storms and freakier superpowers, corrupt governments and the valiant resistance. spaceships amongst the stars and voyages made across millenia. human struggles and monsters at night. from vampires and werewolves to angels and demons to witches and warlocks to androids and engineers. my characters eat concrete, they shapeshift, they drink blood, they brawl and conquer and live and breathe in a thousand different worlds. they're not monochrome, they're not restricted by gender or by sexuality, they demand to be heard.

i'm open to everything from hearing that idea you've always wanted to roleplay, to getting a random intro and going from there, but if that was just a bit too flowery for you, then here are some examples that i'll update as i go;

In a fictional present, vast swathes of the United States have been ravaged by the extreme effects of accelerated global warming – tornados, brush fires, hurricanes and tsunamis have driven people from their homes leaving huge areas of America abandoned. Now these dangerous areas have created the perfect playground for a new breed of adrenaline junkies who set out to conquer each other, and Mother Nature, in closely fought races. All types of vehicles have come to burn post-apocalyptic rubber, from bikes to trucks.

Whether friendly competition or savage rivalry, these races can get brutal - the cracking roads are littered with wrecks, most often gutted by scavengers and traders. Some profiteers have taken to setting traps for unwitting racers in order to take their vehicles for salvage. Even more brazenly, rumours of rigged motors and busted brake pads have everyone at Cauldron City on-edge and suspicious, constantly looking out for traitors. The snooty, privileged racers of the White Flats are watching like vultures, waiting for Cauldron City to fall apart so they can expand their territory even further. Many are riding out to other prominent settlements to get away from the tense atmosphere, but a different type of adrenaline junkie hides in the wastes, raiders with a taste for blood and suffering - and the roads between the settlements have never been this dangerous.
You have been living a lie. Every choice and mistake and accomplishment has been a simulation, and when an electrical surge rips away the veil and you wake in a mechanical coffin on a spaceship hurtling towards a mysterious destination, waiting for someone to take the wheel... what do you do? The other you, the capable one, the one you've forgotten, has been replaced by someone entirely unprepared to steer the craft safely. Can you unearth that vital knowledge in time?
The centerpiece of a big religious ceremony, the head priestess, is MIA. The queen hires an actress to fill her shoes but soon, difficulties arise..
the forest is dying. though it has been aware of its illness for centuries, felt it everywhere from its grand oaks to its smallest trickling streams, it was complacent (or foolish) enough to carry on ignoring it. the sickly corruption spread slowly, after all, and the forest had survived many like it in the past. but all the while, the illness was steadily traveling inwards towards the tree of life, the forest's heart. with the heart in its grasp, the corruption forces the spirit of the forest out. cut off from immortality and stuck in a fragile human shell, it must find someone with knowledge of its illness and find the cure, before the darkness claims it entirely.
...i never got my fix lol
anyway in case you don't scroll down here it is again;
additional idea (#1) zombie apocalypse; the outbreak has just started; setting - busiest nightclub in town; characters - total party animal, neon-wearing 'degenerate' & straight edge club worker; the pair are the last surviors and we go from there, as these things always do hahah
yeahhhh i never got over this one either. basically sword art online, mmorpg setting, with or without the death element?? but our characters are stuck in there anyway, with some goal that they have to achieve to get out. mxm onlyyyy
more shit;
> rival wizards
> bodyguard/charge
> a mythical creature is turned into a human and is captured/finds a plucky human companion

Last edited:
my characters eat concrete, they shapeshift, they drink blood, they brawl and conquer and live and breathe in a thousand different worlds. they're not monochrome, they're not restricted by gender or by sexuality, they demand to be heard.

Dude, sign me up.
I looked at your plots and the last one intrigues me slightly

-.-.Lucifer.-.- -.-.Lucifer.-.- 'slightly' is better than 'not at all' i guess hahah do you have any ideas?

ps. i'm still looking to chat with folks i'm just momentarily homeless so hold on while i deal with that < 3

I would love to do a gifted or an Apocolypse Rp with you. Or really any Fantasy.

additional idea (#1) zombie apocalypse; the outbreak has just started; setting - busiest nightclub in town; characters - total party animal, neon-wearing 'degenerate' & straight edge club worker; the pair are the last surviors and we go from there, as these things always do hahah

also i gotta mention some things - i generally don't write cishet characters (ever) and also, if you contact me, please have an idea in mind! a pairing, or plot you've wanted to try, or expand on one of the ideas above. it's a team effort < 3

I'd be soooo interested in your first plot idea (Fuel) :3 love cars and racing and it just sounds really interesting and exciting ^^

Would you like to try a corrupt governmental rp? I was thinking something along the lines that the government is trying so hard to try and control the population, they resort to drastic means(can be nuclear). In the process, they start to kind of blame the weapons and incidents on everyone but themselves. Eventually this does start an actual war with the actual apocalypse

bump

but also, i'm going to throw a very dubious suggestion out and ask whether anyone has ever read blindsight by peter watts

it is an i n c r e d i b l e first contact story, clever as hell and scary to match, written by a marine biologist who knows his sh*t scientifically and isn't afraid to start out in the deep end and wade further out. turns into beautifully chilling psychological horror half way through. one of my favourite ever novels, and i'd love to pick apart its themes for a creepy scifi rp.

Welp, it's been a few months, like these things usually go, and now I'm on the prowl once again looking for something

You know when you're hungry but you don't know what for but you still end up looking in the fridge every ten minutes

Like yeah I could go for some zombies or some slice of life or some fantasy or something else vague

I d k h m u

shit i'd go hard for any one of these!!! i'm obsessed w/ fallout and post-apocalyptic radioactive wastelands in general lmao i would looooove to do any/all of these but especially that fuel one

Last edited:
it hasn't been a whole entire year has it

oh dear, how time flies when you're a wage slave

anyway let's hook me up with some bomb-ass storylines! craving medieval fantasy and everything up on the list is still pretty fresh - hmu dorks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back