• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Survivor-Based Roleplay, Anyone?

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon

INTRODUCTION

Hello, and thank you for stopping by!

So many of you have most likely heard of the popular reality TV show, Survivor. Season 39 recently ended, and I suddenly had the idea that this would make an exceptionally interesting roleplay. Of course, there would have to be a few twists to keep it interesting, so below are my ideas. Of course, everyone is welcome to their own opinions, so if you have suggestions then please drop a comment and I'll be sure to include it in the Lore thread if I think it fits.

In the show, 16-20 players are placed isolated on an island. They are split into two teams, and are left to survive, build shelter, and get to know each other. The two teams compete in physical and mental challenges each day, and the winning team will receive an award while the loser must choose to vote out one of their members. At some point, the teams are remade back to an equal number and everyone is randomly assigned to team one or two. The new teams continue play until the Merge, where all players unite onto one team and compete for individual prizes and immunity from being voted off the island. This keeps going until eventually there are four players left, and they go to the finals, where three will survive and the players that have been voted out will vote for who wins a million dollars.

HOW TO PLAY

This roleplay won't be exactly the same as the show. During the game, the teams may form alliances with their enemies, they may organize attacks on the opposing teams, you may raid their camps. Instead of immunity challenges, the teams will be put into an arena and fight. Whoever wins will be up to me, the GM, and I will have a character on both teams to avoid being biased. When it comes time to vote someone off, each player on the team voting will vote, and that person will be voted off. I can do it through a poll or we can all just do it in our responses. If there is a tie, we will re-vote and then will use dice. When it comes down to the final three characters, everyone who has played a character in the game will be given the chance to vote on a winner, unless they are still acting a character. If one person is acting two of the three finalists, then a character that has been voted out will be given a chance to take their place if they so choose.

This will be set in 2081, when a war has destroyed many people's lives. The winner will be promised a safe life and a home for their family.

EXPECTATIONS & RULES

• I will not be strictly in control. I want everyone to have a say-so, so if you're not going to participate and be active, this isn't the roleplay for you. This isn't to say that I won't be settling any disagreements or such, but it does mean that I will not control the votes simply because I created the roleplay.
  • Posting times. I understand that real life comes before roleplay, and if you can't reply every day, that's no problem. Just please try to be on during voting or shoot me a PM if you're going to be gone for an extended period of time.
  • Everyone will be friends. If you have ever watched the show, you know that the players must become very close to each other in order to win, so I want everyone to hang out in the OOC when they get a chance. This one is less of a rule than just a suggestion.
  • PMs are allowed. If you want to have a private conversation with somebody over strategy in the game, then feel free to do so. It might help you a lot during the roleplay, so don't feel awkward shooting someone a message.
  • Numbers. Depending on how many people express their interest, I'll decide how many characters each person can have. However, the roleplay will always be open to new players, and the game may have some twists and turns in which we add them in.
  • Follow ALL Roleplay Nation rules. This should be obvious.
  • HAVE FUN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back