• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Surreal Estate || Supernatural-Horror MotW || OPEN

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
— WELCOME TO SURREAL ESTATE !
supernatural horror monster-of-the-week.
01. introduction.
Everyone knows the term 'haunted house', but what does that really mean?

In actuality, the term is very broad. A house deemed 'haunted' can have plenty of things wrong with it. There can be ghosts who have unfinished business, negative spirits infesting the home, demons who've set up shop on the premises, curses made by magic users, monsters in the woods, so on, so forth. Sometimes, the problem isn't even part of the house; tenants can bring objects that have unfortunate energies attached to them that then extend to the home. There are even cases of the 'haunting' being able to be explained by completely ordinary means. See, haunted houses are diverse places. That said, they do have one thing in common...

Their problems drive down their market value.

See, even 'unique homes'- a term preferred by focus groups to 'haunted house' -need to get sold. Plenty of them are lovely properties once you get past the supernatural happenings. After all, wouldn't you like a place overlooking the ocean so long as you knew you weren't about to get skewered by a pirate once-scorned? Like any house, they just need some special care in order to reach their full potential and let potential buyers see their real beauty.

Welcome to Ackehurst Real Estate, where we take care of the homes before they take care of you.

02. explanation.
Welcome to Surreal Estate!

Surreal Estate is a monster-of-the-week style horror-supernatural group that follows the employees of a real estate agency that specialize in the selling of haunted houses. With every new house comes new problems, ranging from demons to the ghosts of children left behind to actual, physical monsters lurking in the shadows. The team has to face these problems by figuring out what they're dealing with and how to properly go about putting things to rest. Then, of course, comes the difficult part: setting up the house to sell to potential buyers. There are plenty of roles to choose from, ranging from real estate agent types to crew. Roles can even be suggested by players who may have ideas for something not listed.

This is a reboot of an old RP from a few months back, and I'm happy to bring it back to RPN! Please comment below if interested.

--img here

[/comment]
03. rules.
RULE 01. Members should be able to write around at least 1 paragraph; there is no maximum, but please be able to provide some details for other writers to go off of! This is a quality-over-quantity sort of group.

RULE 02. There is no posting order, but players are expected to post at least once a week, preferably more. If you can't, please just let me know; life happens and I'll always be understanding about it. This rule is just to keep the group running smoothly and avoid stalling due to ghosting.

RULE 03. Be polite OOC and engage with other players; I want this to be a fun experience in and out of character! While characters can be rude to each other, players shouldn't be.

RULE 04. This is not first come first serve and I will be choosing characters based on how well they fit the roleplay. This is not meant to stress anyone out! Its simply to make sure the group vibes well. Players can even suggest roles and I will let them know if that works for the RP; as of this time, there is no player # cap.

RULE 05. FCs and descriptions are accepted; we accept all FC types!

RULE 06. We will have a form to fill out that will go over triggers and topics players won't want to see in the RP; to join, this will be essential for players to fill out. This is so we can make sure this remains a comfortable experience for all involved!

RULE 07. Please be 17+!

RULE 08. Have fun! DM me with any questions, or ask them right here (until we get an OOC going)

04. roles.

Roles are split into primary and secondary roles, which players will mix and match (more info will be in the CS thread, when posted). Primary roles are jobs, like real estate agent and the like. Secondary roles are connections to the supernatural, and will be things like exorcist, hunter, psychic, cursed, part of a society, etc. Primary roles are vague categories to allow some wiggle room; the categories are listed below.

THE REAL ESTATE AGENTS The agents are the charming face of the operation. They work with the clients and try to sell the house at the best price they can get. After all, a house shouldn't be judged by its haunting!

THE SURVEYORS encapsulate quite a few roles, taking on the all-encompassing label just to show how many hats they can wear. Their roles can range from land research and surveying, home inspection, fact-checking with history books and interior design swatches, among other things.

THE CREW are the heavy-hitters and all-nighters of the team. From lugging tools, rewiring cables, to even setting up bonafide ghost banishing equipment, the crew functions as the blood, sweat and tears of a successful house flipping and haunted house exorcism.

THE TECHS perform most of the actual, physical observation and proper execution of a successful case. Wielding the tools, reciting the scripture and even creating the traps, the techs know the details of what need to be done; and are, by consequence, responsible for making sure nobody on the team screws anything up.

01. introduction.
Everyone knows the term 'haunted house', but what does that really mean?

In actuality, the term is very broad. A house deemed 'haunted' can have plenty of things wrong with it. There can be ghosts who have unfinished business, negative spirits infesting the home, demons who've set up shop on the premises, curses made by magic users, monsters in the woods, so on, so forth. Sometimes, the problem isn't even part of the house; tenants can bring objects that have unfortunate energies attached to them that then extend to the home. There are even cases of the 'haunting' being able to be explained by completely ordinary means. See, haunted houses are diverse places. That said, they do have one thing in common...

Their problems drive down their market value.

See, even 'unique homes'- a term preferred by focus groups to 'haunted house' -need to get sold. Plenty of them are lovely properties once you get past the supernatural happenings. After all, wouldn't you like a place overlooking the ocean so long as you knew you weren't about to get skewered by a pirate once-scorned? Like any house, they just need some special care in order to reach their full potential and let potential buyers see their real beauty.

Welcome to Ackehurst Real Estate, where we take care of the homes before they take care of you.

02. explanation.
Welcome to Surreal Estate!

Surreal Estate is a monster-of-the-week style horror-supernatural group that follows the employees of a real estate agency that specialize in the selling of haunted houses. With every new house comes new problems, ranging from demons to the ghosts of children left behind to actual, physical monsters lurking in the shadows. The team has to face these problems by figuring out what they're dealing with and how to properly go about putting things to rest. Then, of course, comes the difficult part: setting up the house to sell to potential buyers. There are plenty of roles to choose from, ranging from real estate agent types to crew. Roles can even be suggested by players who may have ideas for something not listed.

This is a reboot of an old RP from a few months back, and I'm happy to bring it back to RPN! Please comment below if interested.

03. rules.
RULE 01. Members should be able to write around at least 1 paragraph; there is no maximum, but please be able to provide some details for other writers to go off of! This is a quality-over-quantity sort of group.

RULE 02. There is no posting order, but players are expected to post at least once a week, preferably more. If you can't, please just let me know; life happens and I'll always be understanding about it. This rule is just to keep the group running smoothly and avoid stalling due to ghosting.

RULE 03. Be polite OOC and engage with other players; I want this to be a fun experience in and out of character! While characters can be rude to each other, players shouldn't be.

RULE 04. This is not first come first serve and I will be choosing characters based on how well they fit the roleplay. This is not meant to stress anyone out! Its simply to make sure the group vibes well. Players can even suggest roles and I will let them know if that works for the RP; as of this time, there is no player # cap.

RULE 05. FCs and descriptions are accepted; we accept all FC types!

RULE 06. We will have a form to fill out that will go over triggers and topics players won't want to see in the RP; to join, this will be essential for players to fill out. This is so we can make sure this remains a comfortable experience for all involved! Please don't lie about or omit triggers; this is a horror rp, and thus will have horror-based topics in it.

RULE 07. Please be 17+!

RULE 08. Have fun! DM me with any questions, or ask them right here (until we get an OOC going)

04. roles.
Roles are split into primary and secondary roles, which players will mix and match (more info will be in the CS thread, when posted). Primary roles are jobs, like real estate agent and the like. Secondary roles are connections to the supernatural, and will be things like exorcist, hunter, psychic, cursed, part of a society, etc. Primary roles are vague categories to allow some wiggle room; the categories are listed below.

THE REAL ESTATE AGENTS The agents are the charming face of the operation. They work with the clients and try to sell the house at the best price they can get. After all, a house shouldn't be judged by its haunting!

THE SURVEYORS encapsulate quite a few roles, taking on the all-encompassing label just to show how many hats they can wear. Their roles can range from land research and surveying, home inspection, fact-checking with history books and interior design swatches, among other things.

THE CREW are the heavy-hitters and all-nighters of the team. From lugging tools, rewiring cables, to even setting up bonafide ghost banishing equipment, the crew functions as the blood, sweat and tears of a successful house flipping and haunted house exorcism.

THE TECHS perform most of the actual, physical observation and proper execution of a successful case. Wielding the tools, reciting the scripture and even creating the traps, the techs know the details of what need to be done; and are, by consequence, responsible for making sure nobody on the team screws anything up.

OOC: Here
Lore: Here
Characters: Here

Last edited:
cee7228d3fd8ad9e35204762df985171bcb4c96a7ee88332f8cd25fcd2492259_1.jpg

Interested!!!! Gettin the band back together (;

Thank you everyone for the interest so far! I'll hopefully have a character thread up today with instructions on how to submit OCs; I aim to make the process as easy as possible.

Anyone else interested, please comment so I get a good idea of interest levels, thank you!! If you have any questions, go ahead and let me know

Interested! You reeled me in with the pun and hooked me with the premise.

I have an idea for a class I'm thinking ghost tammer
I am pretty sure there will be set roles or at least more information on the roles when the cs thread is up! There are some primary/secondary roles already expanded on in the check itself ^^

I am pretty sure there will be set roles or at least more information on the roles when the cs thread is up! There are some primary/secondary roles already expanded on in the check itself ^^
I looked at them and i like some but i don't want my char to be next to useless but it's possible there's something i missed. I'll check again

i suspect there may be some disconnect here between the premise of the rp and what you're expecting from it?
Maybe not intentionaly i just though it may make things more interesting. I do have a question SURVEYORS it says they can do other roles not sure what that intails

I looked at them and i like some but i don't want my char to be next to useless but it's possible there's something i missed. I'll check again
I'm sure whatever role you end up choosing won't make your character useless! If anything, since the plot is more focused around on getting houses ready there isn't much ghost taming actually going (more like exorcising/putting things to rest etc) so I wouldn't exactly call that taming the supernatural!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back