• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Superpowers/Gifted

taliaangeni

It is what it is.
Roleplay Type(s)
I have a ton of gifted characters I've made over the years. I really want to play with them again. I'd either want to start a RP or join one that isn't too far along. 

Character sheet is up here

Last edited by a moderator:
I would want the roleplay to take place in a world where people with powers have to keep it secret. Maybe throw in some government agencies and opposing bad gifted people. The last couple I did took place in a college and the other in a....I don't even remember, some sort of school. I don't really want it focused in a school. Perhaps in a rough part of the city or (if you've watched Alphas) in a small secluded forest type setting. 

That's similar to what I'm looking for. Very similar, actually. I'm looking for something close to the movie Push (2009, Paul McGuigan, starring Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning), so if you've seen that (or maybe you could watch it? I can send you a link?), I think we'd really enjoy that. :3

I have seen Push, although not in a while. Are you looking for something only dealing with the powers in the movie? 

That would be amazing, but no, not necessarily. I can make a separate RP for that someday. Right now I just want a low-profile, modern, kinda rough feeling super story. No bright colored costumes and names ending in -man. XD

Yes! I think we are looking for the same things. :D

I suppose now all we need to decide on is where this should take place? Who are the baddies? 

Ice seen both alphas and push you guys should check out heroes the show not the movies. I wanna join and help I'm already pumped to get this started it's just what I've been looking for!

My last gifted rp was based on Heroes called Heroes: Schools In. I haven't seen it but the GM quoted it all the time. 

I checked out the trailer for season 1, it was awesome!

I really like the American Pacific Northwest and New England for this feel of story. The PNW has some really nice forested, urban, desert, or seaside areas, and New England is very similar, but with way more history. Thoughts?

Cool just give me some pictures a map and some history on the places your talking about and I will be fine with it.

So are we going with a secluded area for the RP? And, yeah, a lot of historic stuff did happen in New England but are you referring to anything specific for the RP?

Not necessarily, both of my suggestions have a nice variety. I really like urban areas, but the plots could take us to a number of places. Maybe a city for a starting point and the plot can travel from there?

Nothing specific as far as history, but it gives us some really good options. Maybe the baddies have been around for a real long time.

Okay, just wondering. I looked up the places and saw Native American stuff. We can do a city too. New England looks nice. 

So, my mind is like not here at the moment but I'll be thinking about a potential plot starter, you guys should too. 

Alright, I don't know if you guys are still interested but....

In 1952, archaeologists in Crete, Greece found a puzzling mechanism. It was gold, square and had a beautiful design but no key was able to open the smooth surface. Unlike other artifacts found in Crete, this box didn't look old. No dents, scratches, nothing. It was named the Anomaly Configuration.

In 1954, scientist were still puzzled by the artifact and opened it up to the world to try, hoping that someone would find a solution. They put the Anomaly Configuration at Riverbank College. It was highly probable that someone would steal the item so for that reason the box was put into a guarded room. The person who entered was searched and searched again upon leaving.  After years of hoping to find an answer, the wonder of the box died down. The only people who visited were tourists. 

In 1985 the Anomaly Configuration was opened. His name was Teddy Colt. He was 32, a tourist, and a psychologist. He also disappeared. Days after the box was opened, people noticed strange things happening. It was reported that Susan Johnson saw her neighbor, Kyle Cuttler, set his cat on fire just with a touch. Anne Berry reported to doctor after doctor that she heard strange voices. They threw her in the loony bin. Soon the news stations and newspapers were filled with stories of the same bizarre happenings. President Ronald Reagan enforced cops and military to kill on site any of these people with...powers. 

It's 2017, 32 years after the box was opened. Gifted people are in hiding, or do their best to hide in plain sight, away from the Gifted Killers

------

2 Blue things are open for renaming. 

Interested, maybe instead of them being 'Gifted killers' They could be called Hunters, or maybe there could be a group called 'The Church' A group from the catholic church and other prominent religions who view the Gifted people as demons and witches. hunting them with the governments permission to remove their stain from the world?

I like Hunters. I'm a follower of the Bible, so even if I disagree with organized religion, "The Church" makes me a little uncomfortable.

Besides, church and state are separate.

I would have to agree with Pandaskel. I don't want this to be a religious thing but I do agree the name is awful. I wrote that this morning on little sleep. 

I would have to agree with Pandaskel. I don't want this to be a religious thing but I do agree the name is awful. I wrote that this morning on little sleep. 

The Anomaly Configuration is a great name, though! If that was on little sleep, you're legendary. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back