• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Superpowered Asylum

Characters
Here
ZEE-OH
zee-oh.pngZee stared wide-eyed at the new figure, standing its way between the man now on his knees and himself. The...Man? Stood tall, with imposing height and clad in metal, a single large cat next to him, staring at Zee with hungry eyes, had Zee not been in this predicament, he would've probably looked at the cat back with the exact same hungry look. Normally, the lizard would've felt threatened by the man, as he was no stranger to men in thick armor chasing Zee in order to either strike him down or capture him. But his animalistic senses could feel it, that not a single bone in the man's body had the intention of attacking, as he simply stood there, gesturing for Zee to make his leave from the location.

And he was about to comply with such suggestion, his muscles still tense, ready to sprint away at a moment's notice. However, things changed once the man seemed to have understood Zee's message. "What? No no" He pat his chest a couple times, reafirming he was refering to himself. "Not salmon, Zee-Oh!" He was no fish! He was just Zee! What was so hard to understand about it?

The storm then intensified, the sky turning ever so darker. Something was very off about it, the lizard could feel it, the suble changes on the atmosphere causing his skin to tingle. Nothing good was going to come out of it. "Weather...scary" He said, looking up to the clouds, eyes half-closed to be protected from the droplets. He extended a finger towards the houses nearby. "Seek shelter!" He said at the two man standing in front of him, then looking specifically at the villager. "Protect families!" He uttered, remembering the previous words from the man.

Interacting: WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Taigakitt Taigakitt

Aethelweard
Interactions: Zee Oh Roda the Red Roda the Red

Now was no time to plead. Aethelweard could tell the man was panicked, and was acting out of that panic. First threatening, then begging for mercy. He’d seen it often in the people he’d met on his travels. He maneuvered his arm, freeing a couple of fingers from their hold on his sword to reach for the man’s shirt, pulling him up from his knees onto his feet. He didn’t understand the man’s question. He couldn’t speak for the strange creature, but nothing “summoned” him. He went where he was needed, though he couldn’t explain this case.

Rain flew from Aethelweard’s helmet as he turned to the nearby houses, nodding in agreement with the creature. He still suspected Zee did not belong in this village but he also knew some animals had instincts far more advanced than humans had. He spoke sense, a little bit at least. Something much appreciated by someone who did not speak.

It was time to take care of this town, starting by nudging the man with a gentle push towards the closest home. Then, he’d sort out any other anomalies.

tUmiDUa.png

Interacting with: Circe ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Keith ( Lucem Lucem ), Taigakitt Taigakitt

c8p0WpC.png
Things really weren't going to work out today, were they? When the demon lord revealed himself, Fenrir stood in a state of shock and surprise, not entirely sure how to react. Was he going to have to fight this person now? But he didn't want to. He seemed like the strong type that Fenrir could only defeat with his gorgon powers. But he didn't want to turn this guy into a stone statue, even if that was his only way of surviving. And what if he was all bark and no bite? Then Fenrir would've turned an innocent man into a rock.

Obediently, Fenrir ducked back behind Circe, using her as a shield against the towering and intimidating demon lord. He pointed a finger accusatorily at the demon, matching Circe's infuriated energy, "Screw you! Like what the heck, we were just trying to figure out where we are!"

The more that he witnessed, the more that Fenrir felt like he was no match against this demon lord. Tartarus was an oppressive place, the magma and death pungent and strong. Long ago, Cronus, the lord of the Titans, had banished the Cyclops and the Hundred Handers into Tartarus. If Tartarus was bad enough to keep those things in captivity, then for someone to be standing here and also hail from the Netherworld... well, it spelled bad news for Fenrir and Circe.

"Thank you, you were a really good friend to me," Fenrir said to Circe in a rare moment of true emotion. Men weren't supposed to show their feelings, but if he was about to die, Fenrir guessed that it didn't really matter if he committed a faux-pas or not. This was also probably a good time to air out any regrets he had. He didn't really want to take them into the underworld. And so he added a confession in a guilty tone, "Also I'm sorry. I was the one who stole your lunch last week."

Min-Su Yoon
Min-Su Yoon
Mentions
Yeong-Su []
Wide-eyed, Min-Su almost pulled the trigger on reflex and destroyed Lizard 2.0 along with the house they all stood on. Glowing, pink and cute it may be, but the fact that the newcomer assumed they were summoned meant there was someone doing the summoning, and it knew that someone. That was shit news on a barely above shitty day. The growling sound effects it brought with its entrance didn’t make a good case for its non-demonic-ness either.

When her brother waved at her to stand down, she begrudgingly lowered her metal contraption of murder and gave Lizard 2.0 a look that meant “do anything funny and you explode” but probably came across a little differently. She kept her trigger finger exactly where it should be though; that Lizard’s stupid-looking face wasn’t fooling her.

Slipping her free hand into a pocket, she pulled a tiny drone out of her armoury and blocked it flying down past the overhang of the roof with an elbow. It didn’t have much firepower, but it did have a tracking projectile, a mini EMP bomb, a laser and a targeting system that connected to her other weapons. The plan was for it to go around the roof and tag the creature if necessary. “Necessary” meaning the moment Lizard 2.0 blinked wrong.

EjvhWIYUwAUq5Sm-1.jpg

KEITH
With his hand resting atop the ebon blade's skull-shaped pommel, the dark visitor stood before the shivering devil spawns, the sheer power of his aura threatening to evaporate the intense storm and the little ones who cowered from it. Many thoughts ran through his head, knocking against his own skull as he contemplated his next move. As two very different streams of consciousness met at a mental crossroads, a single thought from the man at the core of the mighty demon lord pushed its way to the forefront of his mind.

I feel like such a jackass!

He tried to come in and save some innocent people, but he just ended up picking on a bunch of kids! Just looking at them made him want to smack his head against the ground again and apologize until they stopped crying. What kind of hero made little boys and girls cry?!

Admittedly, he may have banked too hard on them being demons and neglected to consider that children...might actually act like children. He didn't really have time to think about anything and just kinda jumped into the thick of it because he saw a family being confronted by creatures he usually saw trying to kill them. Typically, diving into danger to help someone was a noble thing that only got him into trouble, but there was nothing respectable about this. He really should've listened to that feeling he had before getting involved.

His lack of experience with children may have also played a role here. He didn't think about how they behaved, and he was woefully unprepared to deal with crying. He hadn't interacted with a kid since he was one. And they all hated him back then, so...yeah. No need to revisit that in a situation like this.

Assuming he still had one, all of this would be a lesson for the future. But he still had to figure out how he was going to handle the present. He needed a tall ladder to get out of the hole he just dug for himself. Even if he had one, he probably couldn't break out of this performance. Having to suddenly drop it and interact with them like normal after this seemed impossible. And maybe dangerous. So, with only a shovel, all he could do was keep digging.

"Calm yourselves, hell sprouts. I have no quarrel with you. My actions are hardly meant to be a threat. What you've seen is merely a drop from the well of power I possess. Would you cower before someone whenever they took a breath? This is no different. I am no danger to you. Provided you don't set your sights on me or those who I deem worthy of my protection"

Not exactly the "I'm so sorry, I'm not going to hurt you" he was going for, but there was no stopping the act at this point. His deeply buried rationality came to that conclusion to avoid even more awkwardness and potential danger. The delusional influence taking hold over him also agreed, but for different reasons.

The itch in his brain couldn't let him disrespect the character by letting himself look weak, but he also couldn't bully kids. Who the heck would cheer for a "hero" who kicked puppies and attacked crying children? People liked characters with a bit of an edge to them, but that was just crossing a line.

"You can consider this display as me stretching my legs as I attempt to gather my bearings. Like yourselves, I also do not recognize this location or remember how I found myself here."

If this scenario wasn't something his brain cooked up while he was sleeping, then he really needed to start getting some answers. This wouldn't be the first time he woke up in a random setting that turned out to be real, but finding the way back home was always a lot more complex than arriving. He couldn't really count on his abilities to do anything that actually benefited him.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

GM post #3
Tags: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Roda the Red Roda the Red WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Ambiloquous Ambiloquous AI10100 AI10100 gxxberkit gxxberkit Lost Echo Lost Echo Lucem Lucem

The growling of the sky was growing louder yet. Even less people seemed to be outside. They either started cowering in hiding places or got inside buildings.

It seemed they knew something was coming.

Something started to glow red in the darkened, wet sky. Made cloudy from the storm, the glowing red could seem like two eye-shaped blobs. There was an almost-black mass of smoke within the red glows, darker than the storm clouds that tried to obscure it.

The growling made way for a booming voice.

Who dares take up my name.

• Sara let go of Ryeri and ran up to her mother, who scooped her up in her arms.

Ryeri said:
    I am Ryeri. Are you a Sair-ra? You are unlike any Mother Tree I have seen.

The mother seemed to start calming down. She was frightened, but not blind.

Sara is my daughter. I’m her mother… human. You aren’t a demon, are you?

Understanding started to make way in her features as Sara held her arms out to Ryeri again, “Pri-tee

The mother patted Sara’s head, but refused to set her down. There was still chaos ensuing elsewhere.

Did the Light summon you?

The booming voice in the sky made her yelp, jump, and curl around Sara in the ground.

If Ryeri was a demon after all, then there was no running away at this point. Best she could do was shield her daughter as long as possible.

Last edited:
YUGEN
Interaction: Witch Lady Taigakitt Taigakitt
Time + Place: You can't have space without time, but Yugen still doesn't have a watch. Nor a map.

tumblr_inline_npqr83NOux1ry72eo_400.gif

Untitled806_20230826112835.png
And just like that, the cozy atmosphere vanished.

The voice outside boomed as vines crawled over Yugen. However, there was a strict lack of fear in Yugen’s expression. Like the extinct dodo, the being had no natural predators. Subsequently, fear was an absent emotion. Instead, bewilderment showed on their face.

The roots pricked the being’s “skin,” pulling bark into the vast and empty space within them. Slowly, it grew in size, and the roots quickly became a non-issue. Eventually, the being was able to slide right out of the wooden grasp.

Now standing, and now quite a bit taller, Yugen frowned. “I don’t see what that has to do with turning on the fire.” Her feet left the ground, and with a smile, she went back to looking around. “Is there a light switch?”

Y O O N , Y E O N G - S U
Interacting with: Ambiloquous Ambiloquous Taigakitt Taigakitt

The explanation from this being seemed to kind of make sense. Yeong-Su didn't want to think about it too much and he was more than happy to just agree to whatever explanation was handed to him. It wasn't often, or at any time really, that Yeong-Su had a straight answer to the question of 'Why the fuck am I here now?' so this was just a plus for him.

"The Demon Lord?" He repeated back to Nadine before the sky finally took form. Yeong-Su looked up to see the red eyes first before the smoky figure of the so-called Demon Lord who seemed less of a corporeal being and more of a being of smoke who was also so large that he seemed like the sky itself. His voice boomed around the area like it was on some sort of loudspeaker multiplied by ten.

Yeong-Su didn't wait for an answer from someone else as he scooped up Nadine before placing a hand on Min-Su's shoulder and teleported them to an area where they could at least get some cover from this being's sight. Not that it seemed like it would matter much but the faux safety made him feel a little bit more at ease. Immediately after teleportation, he regarded Min-Su next with the light elemental still scooped up in his hands. "So, I don't think we can blast our way out of this one. Do you think rockets can work on a being like that?" He asked as he leaned against the outer wall of the house they were using as cover. "We probably need to think this through if we want to do something about the big guy up there."

He turned back to Nadine. "You said, you guys? Just us? Or is there anyone else?" Yeong-Su loosened his hold on the light elemental so that she could crawl up to a more comfortable position on him. Yeong-Su wasn't intent on letting this elemental stray too far. If she really did summon them, then they were important enough to keep around. The faster they could get this over with, the faster they could go back to their home universe.

ZEE-OH
zee-oh.png
Zee smiled, it was with great relief that he parted ways with his previous attacker. He held no ill will against the man, he was scared and only wanted to protect himself and his family. Zee had felt scared before, which let him simpathize. He had felt many things: Sadness, fear, happiness, cold, hunger and many more complex feelings that he couldn't quite find the right words to decribe them with. It was these emotions that separated him from his wild kin. Despite having lived for longer than he could remember within the wilderness, it was these emotions, and the memories they carried along, what kept his heart human, no matter what his outward appearance or instictual habits may imply.

The sky rumbled once more, a voice echoing through the sky, a face of clouds and lights making its presence known with thunderous intonation. Zee's fuzzy-peach bodyhair stood straight, goosebumps running down his spine as he stared at the crimon dots above. All of his senses screamed to run away, to seek shelter on the nearby woods much like with most natural disasters he had gone through. But looking at his surroundings...The people were scared, panicking and looking for safety, but if the voice was anything to go buy, those flimsy wooden houses might not be enough.
He stared at the hulking metal man, recalling the words he heard shouted from the distance. Hero

Was that what the man in front of him was? Zee knew about heroes, the word not too uncommonly heard among the people in his former life. In fact, it was a specific memory that stuck to the lizard with an iron grip. A tall silhouette standing before him, their face blurred by the years.

Zee-Oh, remember, you and the others will be heroes...you will fight for the people, that is what matters the most, understood?

With doubtful steps, Zee approached the armor-clad being, tapping lightly against one of the thick plates "You...Hero, right? You protect people" He stared once more at the demonic visage before turning to the man again. "People here in danger, need help...Bad people coming"

'Bad people' Was a term Zee was admitedly not all that familiar with, from what he recalled it was the opposite of heroes. Would he normally forced to point at bad people, he'd have a hard time deciding, but it was hard to deny his gut feeling.

"I help" He utters, placing a hand on his chest.

Interacting: WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Taigakitt Taigakitt

Ryeri smiled, the leaves of her face turning up as the sprout went back to its tree, which wrapped its arms around her, but nothing more. Cocking her head, she listened to the Mother speak. Understanding crossed her face, with excitement behind it as she realized Sara was the sprout’s name.

Hu-man” Ryeri repeated the word, taking it as the Mother’s name. She’d never heard of a demon before, so shook her head. “I’m a dyrad of course.” She looked down her green body to the flowers sprouting around her, not understanding how it wasn’t obvious.

Nor had she heard of the Light. “There was lightning,” she offered. “Between one blink and the other I was home, then here. Here is far from home. No trees.

Even Ryeri flinched at the booming voice. It was as loud as thunder, but instead of peals, there were words. She was curious what it meant, but she knew it did not speak to her, for she had claimed no name but her own. She knelt before Human, growing a shelter as she had for the sprout. The mother could likely handle the cold, but young seedlings often had trouble. “Do your storms always talk?

Last edited:
Aethelweard
Interactions: Zee Oh Roda the Red Roda the Red

The booming voice from the sky drew Aethelweard's attention, but still there was no show of emotion. The demon lord, could it be? It wasn't someone he was familiar with. He would've been more reassured seeing it in the flesh, but he could piece things together from the growing storm, the red glow, and the menacing words.

He looked down to Zee, nodding gently. It seemed that the lizard may be as out-of-place, or in-place as he was. Another wanderer of the land, another protector of the helpless? In any case, a helping hand is a helping hand, even if it's green. Aethelweard tapped his shoulder, gently so as not to crush his joint under the heavy metal. He glanced to the sky, speaking without words yet again.

Go help, this one's mine.

The creature can handle himself. Aethelweard stepped away, the heaviness of his feet sinking into the muddy puddles now, but not hindering his strong strides in the direction of the red glow.

The cats followed, leaving the villager's sword on the ground. Looking at Zee, they bared their teeth, small, but deadly sharp, but soon they were bounding ahead of their master, their attention directed to the proper foe.

• IMG_0170.jpg

Interacting With/Mentions:
    Fenrir ( Coyote Hart Coyote Hart ), Family( Taigakitt Taigakitt ), Keith ( Lucem Lucem )

~ ??? ~
    ~ A Time??? ~
    Rightfully

AH HE WAS THE ONE WHO STOLE HER LUNCH?

Her poor sandwitch!

“It was you???? AH, we’ll talk about this lat-I mean… UGH!”

Wait no that wasn’t important right now. She wiped the irritated expression off her face as she remembered that Fenrir would only be admitting to this if he was truly worried for their lives. She knew that monsters like her would just reform elsewhere later on but when it came to Fenrir she couldn’t be sure. The weak human parts in him may do him in. In a small weak voice she spoke her fear returning.

please run.”

Terrified her tears did not stop even as she moved her arms out in a T doing all she could to protect her friend. Her tears dried only slightly as the imposing demon king spoke once more. There was a rage welling up in her that could be likened to another oncoming tantrum at the thought of those things being deemed worthy of protection. Did a god care for each any every ant it crushed?

Or maybe it saw them as the ants to crush.

Yet that thought fell to the wayside as a voice boomed out complaining of someone taking up their name. She didn’t know who the voice was complaining about but the pure volume of it hurt her ears. The light coming from the flames of her wings made things all the scarier as the color bled from their surroundings.

She put her hands together as she began to pull the remaining life essence out of the plants that had not yet withered around them in an attempt to strengthen them. Yet her pulls could not outpace whatever made them naturally wither.

The incoming red glow frightened her as she couldn’t figure out whether to shapeshift into something unassuming and flee or use the energy she gathered to become a dragon or other fearsome beast that could take it on.

Her eyes flickered to the Demon King that threatened them once already.

Perhaps pleading with him was the way?

“Fenny I have an idea follow my lead.”

She instead did her all to send the energy gathered to the demon king.

“Demon King, oh demon king! We ask for your protection and we will wait for you to claim the victory!”

Making it someone else’s problem was always an option, right?

Min-Su Yoon
Min-Su Yoon
Interactions
Yeong-Su []
Mentions
Zee-Oh [ Roda the Red Roda the Red ], Aethelweard [ WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ]
Blinking away the disconcerting feeling that came with teleportation, Min-Su shuffled away and studied the cartoonish smoke blob from the edge of the wall. Since the designated villain had said something about taking up its name, that meant someone had called it out here, and she wasn’t sure whether the two were going to team up or the Demon Lord was going to smite them out of existence. It didn’t really matter to her either way, but hopefully whatever it was took its attention away from the group of three huddled on the ground.

Turning to her brother, she shrugged at his question.
“Unless dispersing their body or adding air freshener into the ammo works, I don’t think so. If you give me twenty minutes, I can whip up a vacuuming bullet — but is the thing,”
she thumbed at the smoke-like creature in the sky,
“even made of gas?”

Nodding towards the direction of Lizard Boy and Metal Hunk, she added to his other set of questions,
“also, aren’t Lizard Boy and its lover — I mean, the metal-hunk-looking guy kind of out of place here?”
She lifted her eyebrows up.
“Like, for example… us?”

Dropping her bazooka into storage and pulling out a rifle, she finally turned to the main topic. The most important matter that not even her brother had spoken about. Why he hadn’t touched on it, she hadn’t any clue, but she sure wasn’t going to leave it alone.

“But!”
Placing a hand into the air and directing her next statements to Nadine, she frowned.
“Who says we’re going to do whatever you want us to do? What’s the beef between Demon L—lad and you? And what’s up with summoning us to solve your problem? It's pretty irresponsible to be pushing your issues onto people not even from your world, princess.”

Last edited:
Hearing the booming voice from the darkening sky demand an answer, as well as the pleading request of a child, Keith looked between the two small demons and the spark of red that was getting concerningly close. Taking in all the information that was currently available, he nodded to himself. He then turned toward what he could only assume was the speaker from the sky.

"I claim no one's title but my own. If you happen to share one that is similar in nature and take issue with it, I'm willing to discuss things elsewhere. A village like this is hardly a place for it."

At the invitation to follow for a discussion between those who possessed titles implying hellish authority, Keith turned towards the outskirts of the village. Leathery black wings sprouted from underneath his hoodie, and after a few test flaps, the newly born appensages carried him away from the village at higher speeds. On the outside, he remained composed, exuding an air that was both regal and imposing. On the inside, however, he was anything but.

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit!
Even though he had really hoped the big spooky voice hadn't been talking about him and his little performance, he knew the chances of that were next to nonexistent. His "condition" had gotten him into a lot of trouble over the years, so something like this wasn't a surprise, but that definitely didn't mean he was handling it any better. It was just his terrible luck at work again.

At the very least, he wanted to try making use of this terrible situation to help some people. The village was being attacked by demons, and those kids were asking for protection. Even if a talk didn't go well, leading this actual demon king away would buy time for an evacuation or something, right? If luck was on his side, maybe he could convince his person to leave, but that'd be a first for him.

But wait, why were demons asking for protection from their king? Were they not with their leader for some reason? It seemed odd, but not totally unbelievable. He could see working and living conditions in a place like Hell not being so great.

Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

tUmiDUa.png

Interacting with: Circe ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Keith ( Lucem Lucem ), Taigakitt Taigakitt

tH6FpIg.png
"What do you mean later?" Fenrir said in dismay, "We're literally two steps away from death!"

But at that very moment, the demon king revealed that he had no intentions of killing Circe and Fenrir. And whilst he felt relieved, Fenrir realized it meant that he was going to have to address the fact that he ate Circe's lunch. Death wouldn't be a possible way out anymore.

... or was it?

In the distance, a cloud of red began to sprout and inch closer towards where the demon king, Circe, and Fenrir were. A voice boomed through the sky, one that Fenrir could only assume was one of the demon lord's minions. And then Fenrir realized-- no, the demon king was just playing with them. He was going to snuff the two of them out with that menacing red gas. Fenrir wasn't sure whether that was a better alternative to being confronted later about the lunch ordeal.

"Circe, we shouldn't surrender to the demon king," in that moment of misunderstanding, Fenrir had no idea what Circe was attempting to do, and rather than giving the demon lord his energy, Fenrir stepped forward and shook his fist at the demon lord, "You liar! You tell us that you don't mean us any harm but you're going to kill us and the entire village with one of your summons just because this is just 'not the place?!'"

It was very evident that Fenrir hardly listened to what the demon lord was saying, and if he even stopped for a moment he would've realized just how much he misunderstood everything. But instead, Fenrir was building up his courage to petrify the demon king before he could destroy the village.

But unfortunately at that moment, the demon lord sprouted wings from his back and began flying towards the cloud. Fear and self-preservation warred between each other in Fenrir's mind. Should he consider himself lucky that the demon lord wasn't killing him and just run, or should he go after the guy and prevent the destruction of the village? In the end, he decided that he had the courage to go after the demon lord if Circe was with him. "We should probably chase him."

GM Post #4
Tags: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Roda the Red Roda the Red WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Ambiloquous Ambiloquous AI10100 AI10100 gxxberkit gxxberkit Lost Echo Lost Echo Lucem Lucem

IMG_7455.jpegThe darker shadow in the sky started to swirl, though the clouds did not follow suit.

The shadow tornado’d toward the ground, above one of the buildings. The building Min-Su and Yeong-Su had only just been on top of. Shrieks could be heard within the building. Straw from the roof swirled in the air around the swirling shadow tornado.

Then, it started to thin out, revealing a solid body.

The humanoid had large horns upon their head, and glowing red eyes that pierced the darkness caused by the storm.

The area around them seemed to be even more dim compared to the raging storm around them.

A hand outstretched, cloaked in shadows and ended in claws.

It pointed towards Keith.

You.

Keith said:
I claim no one's title but my own. If you happen to share one that is similar in nature and take issue with it, I'm willing to discuss things elsewhere. A village like this is hardly a place for
it.

The Demon Lord’s expression seemed impatient as his gaze imperceptibly flitted to a direction where a glowing pink thing was.

After Keith started flying away, he sighed as he made his voice loud enough for everyone, “Any others summoned by that ghastly Nadine want to make themselves known?

• GM Note: He’ll follow… soon.

Last edited:
YUGEN
Time + Place: You can't have space without time, but Yugen still doesn't have a watch. Nor a map.

Yugen’s face lit up as the fireplace did the same. “So you do have a light switch!” Wherever it was…

The being turned to the witch, tilting its head. “A test? For the fire?” Her confusion was quickly pushed away, though, as she was instructed to sit down and the witch began explaining the circumstance.

However, more confusion quickly sprouted.

“Light? Darkness?” Weren’t they just talking about how the darkness was bad? Was the witch implying the sun summoned people?? What does this have to do with fire???

For a moment, Yugen just stared at the witch.

“Um………… what?”

Outside, the booming voice spoke again, calling for the beings summoned by some "Nadine." Whoever that was... Yugen glanced towards the door and back to the witch, their brows furrowing as the situation got more and more bewildering.

"What?????"

Y O O N , Y E O N G - S U
Interacting with: Taigakitt Taigakitt Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

"Lizard Boy and its what...?" Yeong-Su muttered as he turned his gaze towards his sister, a small quirk in his eyebrow to question her sudden leap of logic. She was observing them far more than he did since his attention had been taken by Nadine— but still, how did she get to such a conclusion? Still, she was correct. "Yeah... you're right. They do seem out of place and... confused, for one. We could talk to them."

He put down his arms when Nadine jumped up to his shoulder and listened. "Nine confirmed. So, Min-Su and myself... plus those two means four. So we're missing like... five folks." He said, counting out who exactly the elemental had summoned to defeat this alleged Demon Lord. There was another unknown tenth member whom Nadine didn't even know if they were successfully summoned or not. He just hoped they were cooperative. He didn't want to spend too much time in this world.

Min-Su had a point. He, personally, just wanted to get things over with and was willing to go along with the elemental's wishes if it meant he could go back to his world as quickly as possible. Nadine's next words were as disconcerting as they were unnerving. "They've all died no matter their choice? That's extremely reassuring." Yeong-Su sarcastically responded, giving the elemental a huff.

Yeong-Su watched as the dark cloud began to swirl around the same rooftop they were on earlier and a man appeared once the vortex had disappeared. "That answers your question. Looks like the guy has a solid body. If you can hit it, it can probably die." He muttered to his sister as he kept his gaze on the figure. The Demon Lord pointed towards another man who had addressed him for some sort of parley? "We found summoned person number five it looks like. Go us, we're moving way faster than I thought we would. Six, if you count the nutjob pleading for protection."

The Demon Lord's gaze seemed to fall upon them— or rather Nadine and he sighed. "I'm not stepping up." He muttered, not really wanting to engage with someone who seemed to be powerful enough to kill every other summoned person.

Demon lord? Was he her predator? But she’d never heard of a Mother Tree being hunted, but this one was scared. Ryeri cocked her head. The sprout proved she was a Mother, but nothing else made sense. It was a mystery! Oh! What fun! Another flower blossomed on her head, bright pink in her eagerness. She would figure it out. But first, she had to have the clues.

Which did not make sense. “Your Father Sun summoned me?” She looked up, the rain falling down her face like tears, but she could see no sun. It was so dark from the storm that she had assumed it was night. Could storms block a Father so completely? She knew the worst brought darkness down beneath the canopy, but here was an open sky. “The Demon Lord is the storm?” She wondered aloud. “And it blocks the Sun?” That was very powerful. But surely the mystery was more than that. Storms may be intense, but they never last.

The voice spoke once more. “Is Nadine your Father Sun?” She shrugged, standing up. “I will meet your storm.” She'd never met one before!

• IMG_0170.jpg

Interacting With/Mentions:
    Fenrir ( Coyote Hart Coyote Hart ), Family( Taigakitt Taigakitt ), Keith ( Lucem Lucem )

~ ??? ~
    ~ A Time??? ~
    デーモンロード

He was running?

HE WAS RUNNING?

“GET BACK HERE YOU COWARD!”

Oh heck no! She just gave him a bunch of her energy. She was practically ready to blow flames. She looked more like an offended kitten than a scary demon but it was the thought that counted. She didn’t care if he was running away from it or it was one of his summons like Fenrir said she was soooooo bringing him down.

Her wings lit up once more showing her emotions were blazing as she beat them carefull. Her little wings weren’t made to be carrying much more than herself but she was a glorious empusa child and she was more than capable of morphing. Her body twisted and turned until what stood before Fenrir was a fully sized flaming maned pegasus. She turned with her eyes glowing with magic.

“Fenrir! GET ON! We’re totally giving this DEMON King a piece of my mind!”

ZEE-OH
zee-oh.png
Zee awaited patiently to see what was to come from the menacing red cloud in the sky. With uncertainty in his heart, he observed the large mass of gas come closer to the land, the lizard's hyperfocused state fully ignoring both the colourful individuals around him, as well as the cold droplets hitting and running down his honeydew skin. It had been...A long time time since Zee found himself in the face of true battle. For many a year he had resorted to simply evading or disarming his attackers, who would occasionally invade his forest in order to end his life. But he still knew that, deep inside, still had the flame in him, he was, after all.

"Our special star"

Words of praise from a long-gone, nebulous past, cutting through the mist and reminding him of what truly mattered. To help the people, that was his mission, what would make the frail, helpless humans feel happy and safe. A dogma deeply seared into his very being from the days he barely knew how to speak.

Finally revealing his true self behind the clouds, the man behind all the red flags that made Zee's instinct tingle uncontrollably, made his reveal, the lizard's heart only sinking deeper as he heard the cries of the helpless people inside the house, he would've rushed, but it was most likely already too late for them. The man spoke ominously, wondering about others wanting to make their presence known. It was only then that the hybrid finally broke out of his focus, his neck now turning to the sides repeatedly, his eyes tracing down all the uncommon silhouettes laying around the area.

But it was then that his instincts striked true once more, a chill running down his spine as he was able to feel the incoming hostility from the horned man.

"NO!"

He aggresively dashed on all fours, bared claws gaining greater traction against the muddy terrain. His mighty stride brought him close to the location of the man in purple, seemingly the main target of the dangerous man's attention.
Zee turned to face the mysterious horned individual, his tail ondulating above him.
"If you want hurt..." His massive, girthy tail slammed itself against the ground behind him. A powerful, loud crashing sound cut through the ceaseless noise of the rain, followed by water and thin mud splashing violently around, even the very earth shook around a radius of a few meters around him. "You go through me first!"

Zee-Oh frowned, unafraid to show his opposition towards the ominous figured. He wasn't quite baring his fangs, though, nor did he growl. No, he was not that kind of beast.

Aethelweard
The fur on the cats' backs stood on end as the shadow swirled down to the building. Aethelweard quickened his pace, but noticed his cats looking off to one side, in the direction of the strange lizard, who quickly drew his attention as well with the sound of his tail piercing through the chaos.

You're a brave one

He wasn't one for running, and Zee's body was far better suited for it anyway, but he thought that, if the lizard really was set on fighting this Demon, an armoured ally would make for a better target to "go through". Aethelweard did run, and though there was no question about his athleticism, the thick armour made it difficult. He didn't aim exactly to follow the reptilian boy, but rather to remain heading straight to the Demon from their direction.

Aethelweard noticed that others were hurrying around, people that differed from the plain villagers, perhaps people in the same situation as he. The Demon did demand that all those summoned make themselves known. He didn't understand who Nadine was, or the exact nature of his arrival, but it was unimportant right now. He clanged together sword and shield, making a cacophony of loud clangs that echoed out. The cats yowled in unison, tearing across the village in the direction Zee went.

You made a mistake terrorising these people.

Min-Su Yoon
Min-Su Yoon
Interactions
Yeong-Su []
“We should talk to them.”
Ignoring her brother’s muttering, she reinforced Yeong-Su’s agreement to discuss, slightly pleased to be able to see the supposed love drama in person. Making to shove the rifle back into her armoury before stopping, she tried to remember if she had a better way of sending messages than the electrogrid pistol.

She didn’t manage to recall one before Nadine spoke. If Min-Su had a scale of 1 to 10 on how much she trusted Nadine the light elemental, after it said it didn’t know where one of the summoned went, it dropped from a 5 to a 4: okay intentions, but way too incompetent to see them through. It wasn’t a great score, but it might be enough to suss out the method to get back home. But of course, the world couldn’t leave them with a guide that was simply incompetent. When Nadine openly announced that all its summons had died, whether they obeyed it or not without a single sign of remorse on its lizard-y face, she almost laughed in disbelief.
“You’re seriously saying that? I don’t know whether you’re shit at marketing, princess, or you just don’t give a fuck.”

When the elemental declared height insults the worst Demon Lord had done to it, she scraped the edge of her trigger with a fingernail a little too hard to be safe. A self-serving psychopath. She didn’t know if not understanding elemental body language was messing with things, but she was betting it didn’t make much of a difference. The rating was in the negatives now, and short of sending them back immediately, nothing would bring it to a reasonable number.

“Do you even know how to bring us back …?”
She trailed off as her line of sight automatically traced the tiny creature’s wave. The Demon Lord had Demon Lord-ified. It wasn’t smoke anymore, which was both a good and bad thing. Good in that she could now shoot at the body and have it do damage, bad in that she didn’t know why it’d reformed itself when the smoke cloud seemed to be doing just fine. It reminded her of an old hand-held console she’d found lying on the streets with enough juice for her to finish a boss fight. Was this its final form? Did becoming humanoid massively increase its abilities and were they all going to die?

“Shitting robots, it really did just drop onto the house we were at,”
she whispered, belatedly realizing where the demon was standing and almost afraid that a louder voice would bring the Demon Lord on top of them. Replying to her brother even more belatedly, she added,
“Just because I can hit it, doesn’t mean I will. See? I’m not always trigger-happy.”

It was one of the few times in her life she didn’t want to shoot something. Not because she was frightened of the aftermath, but because the Demon Lord seemed to be a better choice than the companion she had by her side. There was something wrong if she thought the enemy they were supposed to defeat looked like a better prospect than the one who summoned them, but it hadn’t destroyed anything yet, which was more than she could say for herself.

Last edited:
GM Post #5
Tags: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Roda the Red Roda the Red WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Ambiloquous Ambiloquous AI10100 AI10100 gxxberkit gxxberkit Lost Echo Lost Echo

IMG_7512.jpegLike insects, the disgusting summons were cropping up.

The chase for the fake “Demon King” could wait. Or…

Yeah, sending off one of his Knights to take care of him was next best. He telepathically sent that message off.

A flaming Pegasus, a green lizard, a silent suit of armor, a tree, and assuming the scaly boy next to the Pegasus.

Well, that was about as colorful a cast he often seen. How many did Nadine summon this time anyway?

No matter, they’ll get found and snuffed in the end.

He looked pointedly at the Dryad, then the armor, the Pegasus, and lastly landed his sights on Zee-Oh.

Fine.

The Demon Lord smiled as he suddenly became larger, the straw roof giving out from under his added weight.

It didn’t hold out either.

Guess what would go squish underneath?!

Collapsing the building wouldn’t stop there as his height kept growing, taller and taller until he stopped at around 40 feet in the air, enough to tower over the small buildings and see around the village in a sweep.

As he shifted taller, his body took on a more monstrous shadowy form, but solid. A jagged maw with bright red eyes and ferocious horns!

He swung a clawed hand out to snatch Zee-Oh from the ground.

As he went swinging an arm, a leg soon followed to punt the armored Aethelweard.

• Blink.

The demonic hag just started a Yugen for a good second.

Not very sharp, are we?

Might as well explain, then.

You see, I was pretending to be afraid of the darkness when in that town. That town belongs to this evil Light Elemental that wants nothing more than to stamp out darkness. Look at yourself— do you think they’d spare you? You’re the night sky incarnate.

She waved her sharp nails towards a window that one could slightly see the town from the twisted trees, “It’s safer here so I can be myself!

The woman stood up and held her elbow out to Yugen, “Join us to fight that Light. You heard our Lord call her Nadine.

A dangerous glint sparked in the hag’s eyes as she awaited Yugen’s answer.

The hag tilted her head slightly as if listening to something in the air. Though, there was nothing different for Yugen to hear.

A dangerous smile came to the demon’s face that matched the dangerous glint.

Last edited:
YUGEN

“..Oh!” She got it now. Or, at least, got it as well as she could.

What she didn’t get was the point, really.

And that she could glow. Wouldn’t she be more “light elemental” than anything else out there? At least, she was pretty sure she didn’t see anyone else glowing....

She glanced towards the window the witch had pointed to and back towards the witch. “If you can only be safe here, why don’t you just leave?” she asked, gesturing towards the rest of the house, “this place is kind of... eh, anyway.”

The being stood up out of the chair and floated to the witch. It pulled her wrinkly, green hands into theirs. With a gentle, reassuring smile, the being looked into her eyes. “You don’t have to stay here if you don’t feel safe. You could pack up and run away! There are lots of better places, aren’t there? Run away with me! To a place that accepts you for who you are!”

She drew away from the witch, once again looking around the home. “The last time I went anywhere, I didn’t bring anything with me, but you probably should bring something. Why don’t you bring your stick? I think it’d love to!”

Yugen proceeded to point in a random direction —but at least the direction was not towards the town. “At dawn, we head west! Okay?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back