• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Supernatural/Paranormal Town Reboot

Safety Hammer

A walking piece of shit in a stupid looking jacket
Man it has really come to this.

I took quite the break from RPN a while back, losing all motivation for new projects and roleplays I couldn't be asked to write more than a few sentences. But now that I have been quarantined, that urge to do something again has gnawed at me. So I decided to take a rather stillborn rp that I loved and tried to reboot it.

Man it has been a long while since I have started another rp. But do not fret, loyal reader! I have retained my skill in setting up a semi decent plot!

Hopefully.

See, at the time of making this I had been been watching quite a lot of Twin Peaks and listening to even more Welcome To Night Vale. Sooo, seeing how those two seem to be the prime examples of the "weird town with spooky secrets" genre, I though it would be radical tadical to make an rp based off of it. And hey, I hadn't seen any on the site like it. Why not?

Basically it's gonna be an rp where you, yes you, get to play a citizen in a spooky town called Loudwater, a safe haven from the giant pines where there are strange doings about.

tl;dr : This reboot RP is gonna have the weird supernatural elements of Midnight Texas, the weirdress of Night Vale and Gravity Falls, and hopefully the character building and writing of Twin Peaks. Join if you want. I'm horribly bored.

People who might be interested seeing this again, or just people who I know:

Birdsie Birdsie
@fireman
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
kyle kyle
Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy
VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow

Last edited:
You know you can count me in, bruv.

Is a "No Education, Experience or Training" guy who flunked out of university and is now stuck working a hellish job as an underpaid cashier at a seedy gas station a possible character? Preferably, he'll be cynical and pessimistic, as befits someone stuck in the rut of having lost all of his hopes and dreams.

Also if we ever have to fight any crawlies, he'll break out that mop from alley five and slip those mofos with soapy water and quarterstaff taijutsu.

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Interested. Been listen to nightvale as well in my free time. Bizarre town that treats weird things as mundane is my type of setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back