• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Superman: Fateful Encounter

Monokuma.is.best

Despair :3
On a different Earth, before the birth of the Justice League, a mysterious woman and Superman team up to face an unbelievably powerful enemy.

A loaded school bus rides down a single road through a field of wheat. On it, is a young farmer's boy named Clark Kent. On first glance, Clark seems rather average. No one who actually sticks out amongst a crowd. Well, that's his biggest advantage. For when he isn't taking algebra classes and reading up on the French Revolution, he's off stopping many a crime in Metropolis. How so? Believe it or not, Clark isn't exactly from this world. He comes from a destroyed world called Krypton and was sent to Earth to be spared from it's destruction. Since coming to Earth, he was raised by the Kents and soon afterwards, he found that he had powers. From laser eyes, to super strength, to freezing breath, to bullet speed, to even flight. There was seemingly nothing he couldn't do or stop him but realises now that with all this power, what could he do with it? Well, having been raised to know right from wrong, he opted to do good with his powers where they would matter the most. He became Metropolis' defender. And it's citizens have taken to calling him 'Superman'. The bus clears the field and enters the city. Here in the big city, he attends Metropolis High School. Cleanest School in the U.S. After passing several lights, The bus comes to a stop at the rather immaculate exterior of the school, allowing everyone off. Clark steps of and takes a long look at the school he's grown to love. He wastes no time getting to his class. He only had 10 minutes to get situated for first period.

Arriving barely on time, a young woman wearing a plain black hoodie, jeans with a CD player arrived shortly after the bus. Cat Ion had just arrived in town after a rather long trek and it was going to be her first day in school, at the behest of a rather serious police officer. Despite her rather plain attire, no one would ever assume that she wasn't a pure human to begin with. Crash landing in the Japan, she traveled the world a bit before settling down in Metropolis. She felt that it reminded her of the cities of her previous planet and that was well and fine in her eyes. She gave an audible sigh as she looked back seeing the squad car tailing her. Sure she could fly away, but she had decided that while she stayed on the planet she would try to live closely to the standards of human society. Though she had more of a love for vintage things compared to modern day girls her age. Turning, she waved at the officer as she entered the school. Despite being ushered here, she did get registered to this school by the state. Cat walked inside with a quick stride, her pack swinging by one strap over her left arm absently.

"Hm... now off to class I suppose..." At that moment, not paying attention, she accidentally walked into Louis. Noticing her beginning to fall, Cats arm shot out quickly grabbing her blouse and stabilizing her back to her feet. "Sorry about that." With that, she left the girl speechless as she continued to find her classroom.

Clark makes it to his locker. He unlocks it and begins shifting through his belongings, getting his books situated and taking only his algebra text book out. He also takes his binder out with his homework in it. Clark always made sure he was organized. Another trait he learned from the Kents. No one wants good home-grown products all over the place, now do they? And speaking of products, he takes an organic apple of of his lunch bag aswell. Clark closes his locker and enters the classroom door. He was fortunate enough to have a locker right next to his morning class. As he enters, he sees no one inside aside from math teacher Mr. Bradshaw sitting behind his desk, preparing today's lesson.

"Morning Mr. Kent. You got my snack?"

"That I do, Mr. Bradshaw." Clark tosses the apple to Mr. Bradshaw

Mr. Bradshaw catches the apple and sits in on his desk "Thank you."

"You really ought have a stache of snacks in your desk, Mr. Bradshaw. You know nothings free. Especially for us farmers down in Smallville." Clark makes his way to his desk near the far back

"I would but a teacher's salary has to be used sparingly. And I hate the apples they sell at the stores. The skin is way to waxy for me. The more organic apples are just what I need and your family has 'em. So I'm sorry, Clark. I'm gonna have to mooch off of ya' some." Mr.Bradshaw chuckles

Clark smirks as he sets his stuff on his desk and slides into his desk. "Don't drain us dry though. My family has to make a profit too."

Cat looked up and down the halls slowly. "Hm." She remarked to herself. It wasn't that she was lost per say, but more that she was intrigued by the design of the school. She had honestly never knew that schools were so spacious inside and had assumed that they were more like the library or a grocery store. She tapped her chin deep in thought, before stretching and making a beeline for her class. She had seen it on her way in, by hadn't made it a point to go there immediately. Perhaps she would find more interesting places within the building once the school day ended. With a small smile she walked to the class door and carefully opened it, mentally bracing herself to not slammed the door. 'Got to act normal,' She thought to herself, 'I can't use my full strength here.' She successfully opened the door, making it a point to pull her headphones and hood down to be presentable.

"Um, hello," She didn't know why she felt a bit sheepish stepping into the room. Maybe she was nervous, or maybe it was the idea of not wanting to mess up that had gotten her a little worried, "I am the new transfer student." She wasn't really paying attention to the teachers words, but he did hear him say something about introducing herself. She looked up at the seated students, "My name is Cat Ion..." She rubbed her left arm with her free hand, "Nice to meet you all." She gave a little bow. She was directed to take her seat by the window and she complied quickly. She didn't know what had gotten into her all of a sudden. Even now she could hear the hushed whispers of students around them talking among themselves in hushed whispers. She could feel her cheeks flushing with embarrassment and with that she rested her head on the window pane to look outside. Looking to the sky she caught a small light streak across the sky to the west. 'Impossible.' She thought to herself. 'Most be a trick of the light.'

"Ah yes, Ms. Ion. We welcome you to the U.S. but more improtantly, we welcome you to Metropolis High. Class, feel free to say 'hi' to our new exchange student."

The class stays silent for the most part. One students coughs.

"Hello Cat, We're welcome to have you here!" Clark speaks up, causing everyone to turn to him.

"Thank you, Clark. For breaking the awkward silence and making our new student welcome. How unfortunate that no one knows human curtesy. Alright students, it's time to get back into the thick of it. We have been learning how to factor polynomials. Do any of you remember where we last left off on at?"

None of the students answer as they look to each other hoping someone else knew the answer

The teacher sighs "Ofcourse you don't...But regardless, the class must go on. So be sure you're taking notes, even though you all refuse to study." The teacher turns to the chalkboard behind him and begins to write on it

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Cat blushed a bit and gave a nod to Clark, "T-thank you..." She nearly whispered. Despite seeming distracted for the most part, she was, in fact, tuned in to class and syncing to the satellites above them. Transferring the signal she estimated the general area of where she seen the object and began scanning through new broadcasts, using her custom made CD player as a conduit. She had the headphones off of her ears but she could distinctly hear the news as if she was watching t.v.

"...this just in, live from the scene... a large object has crashed landed somewhere in the West River! Crews are searching around for this object, but there hasn't been any word..." She quickly tuned out of the broadcast and pretended like she was writing notes. She thought to herself that she would need to investigate to be sure that if it was what she thought it was, it wouldn't waken up any time soon.

Clark was writing down the notes on the board in his journal intently but somewhere in the middle of his writing, he picks up something with his super hearing Something had just crashed. Not like a car crash, but it sounded huge. Like a bomb going off in a mountain. Clark thinks nothing of it and continues writing down his notes, believing that's the case until he picks up something else: A News Broadcast. "...this just in, live from the scene... a large object has crashed landed somewhere in the West River! Crews are searching around for this object, but there hasn't been any word..." A large object in the West River? That's rather unusual. Could be nothing....But he didn't want to run that risk. "Excuse me, Mr. Bradshaw. You mind if I step out right quick?"

"I mean, class just started, but go ahead Mr. Kent. You got 5 minutes." Mr. Bradshaw says without looking away from the board.

"That's all the time I need." Hopefully "Thank you, Mr. Bradshaw." Clark gets up from his desk and leaves the classroom

Cats eyes watched as the boy known as Clark got up to leave. 'Better check out that thing before it causes problems.' "Um sir..." A long trail of blood began to ooze from her nose and down to her neck.

"Hm? Ms. Ion are you okay? Your nose is bleeding. Why don't you head to the nurse. Do you know where it is?" She nodded sheepishly and stood up heading out of the classroom. Finally out of the room she headed to the football field. At least there she wouldn't have to worry about being seen or so she hoped. Making sure that the coast was clear, she wiped the blood off her face with a hand.

"Well better get to it." With no effort she soared into the air and began her flight toward what would be the crash site. It took her little to no effort to find the location after Geo locating the satellites in the area. Floating high in the sky she turned her eyes down to the water below. To the untrained eye there was nothing to see, but as she continued scanning she could spot a dark spot within the water fading away. "Oh no you don't!" She stated, putting her headphones on, "I won't let you get away." It was then that she sensed someone else near her location. "I thought that your reaction was a bit to well timed."

Clark had gotten into his Superman costume and was soaring through the skies of Metropolis, heading towards the direction of West River. With any luck, this whole ordeal won't be as serios as he thinks. Within a few minutes he's made it to the river. He doesn't see anything upon first viewing so he switches to his Enhanced Vision to so what in the river. Upon using it he can see something large descending towards the bottom. until someone says "I thought that your reaction was a bit to well timed." Superman turns around instantly and sees her. The new student with headphones...And is flying! Superman's eyes are wide with surprise. "Ummmm h-hello miss! Who might you be?" He asks trying not to sound too nervous

Realizing a bit to quickly that perhaps she was mistaken. "Forgive me, it seems you aren't who I thought you were..." At the question as to who she was she quickly responded, "I am just a concerned citizen. That's all." At those words she could feel herself mentally face palming. A citizen? Humans didn't fly, and this guy obviously wasn't one either. He totally wouldn't by this.

She scratched the back of her head sheepishly. "I don't have time to explain. If that thing is what I think it is, we need to take care of it now before it surfaces. These things don't land in areas for no reason. Whatever it is plotting we won't have long before it begins..." As if on cue the water below them began to move and quake from below. Something was beginning to stir from the waters depths. "Make your choice." She said.

Superman breathed a sigh of relief over her not recognizing him but then what she told him next only confirmed what he was afraid of prior: That this was alot more serious than anticipated. Her evading his question was expected but she was right. Whatever this was, it needed to be dealt with immediately. This might take longer than five minutes. Superman takes a deep breath and dives into the water and continues after the descending object. Superman catches up to it and grabs hold of the large object, he begins to try to pull it upward with him.

With a loud gurgling snarl the water below them would explode upward sending Superman flying away unharmed. From the falling watery mist a long, metal skeletal like leg of a crab machine. It's large round encased eyes zoomed in on it's first targets from within it's mist. Then without warning the water slammed into the ground as if gravity had increased around it.

"Oh God, it's a gravity machine," Cat groaned feeling a small strain to stay upright. If it wasnt for her being a android it probably would have killed her or at the very least bring her to the ground. She looked around for a weakness, but finding none she opted to try punching it. "Guess I better test it's Hull..." Zooming away she took to the sky high above it.

Flying straight down, she drew her hand back and right when she brought her hand in to connect with it she felt her hand hit it softly. "What the...?!" She had never encountered a machine that could shift gravity both ways, and as if to emphasize this she realized she was floating. A sound akin to laughter filled her ears and with a slap of it's massive claw, sent her skidding across the ground and through a tree.

Superman was taken aback from the object transforming and launching him away. Manages to regain his momentum and sees Cat getting attacked by the machine. He wastes no time diving towards Cat and landing in front of her to try and protect her from the machine. Superman's eyes glow red and suddenly beams of heat shoot out from his eyes at the advancing machine.

The energy would, in fact, push the giant machine back a bit but it didn't leave much of a scratch. Cat looked up at Superman with a small smile, "Thanks I usually fight these things in space. I am not used to their strength on this planet." She adjusted herself a bit, bringing one headphone to her ear. "Gotta aim for the joints." As if to emphasize the point her aura turned a pale white. At light speed she approached the machines front leg, grabbing it she bent it in the opposite direction. Successfully snapping it off she moved away just to narrowly avoid another leg coming down. Sliding to a halt on the other side of the machine, she held onto the destroyed leg, formulating a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back