• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Superhero/Supervillain Group Interest Check

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Superheroes, nicknamed Cloaks, are celebrities.

Their brand is a business. They sell merchandise from action figures and boardgames to graphic T-shirts and keyrings. They tour the world, signing biographies, headlining performances and panelling meet-and-greets. They appear on red carpets, showing off the fashion designers who competed indefatigably for the chance to create a costume for a Cloak. They have scandals, cameos, agents, Twitters and kids named after them. They even have a convention--Cloak-Con--and, alongside the Oscars and the Grammys, an annual award.

All light casts shadow and, of course, all Celeb-Cloaks have theirs. The Crook-Cloaks. These are the condemnables of the criminal underworld. They're the anti-establishment anarchists. They're the madmen who just want to watch the world burn. They're the religious zealots and the drug lords. The serial killers and the child snatchers and the organ traffickers who traverse the black markets. The shadows of the grey night. The red eyes in the abysses of alleyways. The stories mothers tell their unruly boys to scare them into behaving.​

This roleplay will have mature themes. Think MAX Comics or, outside of Marvel Studios, Frank Miller's Sin City. I'm looking for a small group of 4-5 roleplayers. If there's any interest, I'll cook up a character sheet. The premise is slightly vague, but, yes, Cloaks will have superpowers.

Last edited:
I'm interested if there's room for another hat in the ring.

As am I! I just finished reading through the lore as well. Such a cool premise!
I'd like to be a Crook, if that's alright? I'm unsure if it's allowed. If not, I'll wind up joining anyways, so no worries there.

Last edited:
So this story line isn't one that I'm particularly interested in or think would be fun to explore with my character, so I think I'm going to drop this. Have fun with it y'all!

Are we going to continue with this? I just noticed it's been some time since my latest post, and it still doesn't have any responses.

Taraninja16 Taraninja16 Sorry for the late response! Interest in the story has sort of dwindled down so it'll probably be best to discontinue. If anything changes (which I really don't think will), I'll post updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back