• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Superhero original characters RP need 3 more dedicated players

KyleTok

¯\_( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)_/¯

hTyHhge.png
Hi we just started an RP and still looking for 3 more active players to fill in 3 different archetypes!

MASKED is a comic book themed superhero roleplay inspired by MASKS RPG. This is a non dice twist on the game where we just write SHORT stories in campaign format to explore many aspects of the world that our characters introduce. Each character of MASKED is based on an archetype that leads as a prompt for story telling and direction for us to follow in the upcoming campaigns. Each campaign will be named and logged, and kept as a reference to past events! If you are interested to know more about the Archetypes, please visit our character pages.

Campaigns can be a group effort, a 1 on 1, and a solo endeavor. Everything would be logged and included in the ever growing lore of MASKED. The idea is to have many separate stories that build the world as a whole, kind of like DC and Marvel do it! just in RP format. We did not start yet, so currently there are no campaigns to list.

This is a semi advanced RP that focuses on longer posts, often with in-depth plots, character development and extensive settings/lore. You must make a dedicated effort to minimize typographical errors and to use good grammar. Generally two paragraphs are enough.

The overall lore of this world is going to be decided by the characters!

This is a roleplay that relies on images! each hero will need to have a drawn model to be used in our posts for immersion. The feel is to be very comic like, and the stories to be very fast paced. There are plenty of doll dress up apps out there where you can create characters if can't have it drawn. PLEASE, DO NOT use other people's art without permission. I might draw your character for you if I like your concept!

The 3 archetypes we need are The Beacon, The Janus, and the Transformed!
Character Page where you can read the archetypes
Unfinished lore page that we will update as we go!
OOC page, feel free to say hi

I was looking at this a little, because I have a villainess I really want to use and this looks really cool and well thought out, so if you ever want to take the RP in a direction that would include a villainess PC, please keep me in mind!

I was looking at this a little, because I have a villainess I really want to use and this looks really cool and well thought out, so if you ever want to take the RP in a direction that would include a villainess PC, please keep me in mind!
Well technically you still could, part of the CS is to come up with a nemesis that is specific to your character - so if you have a villain thought out, you’d just have to think of the hero that they mainly have a conflict with. We plan to use each Nemesis for different campaigns and sometimes in alliances with other villains. If you have a good idea, you can come up with your own campaign ideas wirh that villains that we can run :)

Shit, Red might make for a good Beacon. Young woman from a low-income neighborhood, ostensibly chill with a phat ego. Would magical weapons fit in with the lore? I like the idea of a hero finding an artifact but not having any powers aside from that.

Shit, Red might make for a good Beacon. Young woman from a low-income neighborhood, ostensibly chill with a phat ego. Would magical weapons fit in with the lore? I like the idea of a hero finding an artifact but not having any powers aside from that.
Like Zeno said, the Beacon is meant to be the archetype of superhero that is not super in anyway all but their incredible proficiency with a skill. Think Batman, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Black Widow.
A magical artifact doesn't really fall into the skill category.

That being said if you have a unique idea for an OC that fits one of the other archetypes that are already taken, I might allow a maximum of 2 for some archetypes considering we will most likely face withdrawals from the RP once in a while. You can pitch your idea here and we can brainstorm how it can fit. You just have to be dedicated to make sure I am not opening a slot that is not going to be used.

My goal with the post tho is to fill in the Beacon, Janus, and Transformed.

I'm trying to stick to preexisting characters for now... the best I could do is refit my parahuman with cloning powers into a Janus. I was thinking his civilian identity would involve working for the G.I.D. in some capacity... By the way, what's the idea behind the character roles other than keeping it thematically in-line with the tabletop game?

I'm trying to stick to preexisting characters for now... the best I could do is refit my parahuman with cloning powers into a Janus. I was thinking his civilian identity would involve working for the G.I.D. in some capacity... By the way, what's the idea behind the character roles other than keeping it thematically in-line with the tabletop game?
Technically all licensed Guardians work for the G.I.D on some capacity. If you meant to be an actual agent, you totally could be. The G.I.D has three sectors and only one of them is really paid attention to atm.
And the idea is actually for a story telling template from the same playbook. We are not using the dice and stats mechanics of it but I am using the challenges outlined in order to formulate campaign ideas. The Archetypes work more like a writing prompt that give you specific questions to answer about your character. The original idea I had for it was a lot more ambitious with basing each campaign on an archetype, but it proved to be a little too much of a challenge with people signing up for an archetype and then disappearing :ghostxnx:. Biggest hope for using it is that each OC is actually different both with origin, conflicts, and goals, and not just a re-flavour of another with different colors.

Yo Masks sounds like a fire module. But an agent sounds like what I was thinking about.

Can I take a stab at a second Janus? Totally fine if you want to save for a Beacon or Transformed.

Yo Masks sounds like a fire module. But an agent sounds like what I was thinking about.

Can I take a stab at a second Janus? Totally fine if you want to save for a Beacon or Transformed.
yeah I can allow a second of one of the archtypes, I'm just not sure how well the agent idea can align with the Janus. The point of the Janus is to struggle with your secret identity, and I think it's more aimed on a younger character. If you're an Agent of the G.I.D it would be more of a full time thing.

If you are really committed to the idea, I have a pretty good place to insert you into that is not one of the archetypes if you really wanted. The thing is if you create a non archetype character, I ask you do not introduce new huge world elements like the others do and instead utilize existing ones.

Although I am using the archetypes to formulate stories right now, my plan is to allow more slice of life characters later and allow players to have multiple characters so that there is flexibility in where we go with the next campaigns, once we establish the world fully. These are only there for a starting mechanic. We literally will make concepts up as we go.

That's a kind offer. I kind of want to try to make a new character for the Transformed role so I can get a small shot at world-building. If room for more characters opens up, I'd be onboard too.

NOOOO I gotta stick to the plan. Honestly I'll keep an eye on this because I like how you've organized everything and how you respond to sign-ups, but I don't think I'll making a character for now.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm still relatively new to the form so forgive me if I'm missing information as I browsed through everything. This seems like an amazing concept and I would love to get in on it! Just two quick questions-

Is a cyborg appropriate for the Transformed archetype?

If not, I have a shapeshifter that was made in a human experimentation weapons program if a second Bull archetype is open?

Is a cyborg appropriate for the Transformed archetype?
Cyborg totally works - having mechanical bits stuck on your face qualifies haha.

The Bull is already used but if you are set on the idea its open for discussion :)

That's a kind offer. I kind of want to try to make a new character for the Transformed role so I can get a small shot at world-building. If room for more characters opens up, I'd be onboard too.

NOOOO I gotta stick to the plan. Honestly I'll keep an eye on this because I like how you've organized everything and how you respond to sign-ups, but I don't think I'll making a character for now.
Thats fair! no worries.

Cyborg totally works - having mechanical bits stuck on your face qualifies haha.

The Bull is already used but if you are set on the idea its open for discussion :)

Alright sweet! I'll start drawing up the Cyborg character and should have her up by tomorrow. Do you want her in the character thread or does she have to get preapproved somewhere?

Alright sweet! I'll start drawing up the Cyborg character and should have her up by tomorrow. Do you want her in the character thread or does she have to get preapproved somewhere?
You can put her in the character thread! make sure you're using the template. I will give you feedback on it after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back