• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Brothers: The Ten Pillars

OOC
Here
Professor Layton & Luke
Where: Battlefield Fortress
With: Byleth ( Ploegy Ploegy ), Shez ( megar megar ), Zeke & Pandoria ( Twice Knightly Twice Knightly )

"Hint coins are remarkable little coins that, when used, provides the bearer with extra insight," Layton explained. "Though there are occasions when the 'hints' given are rather, er, unhelpful. Sometimes they merely reword the question or provide trivia, which while interesting, doesn't get one closer to the answer."

As Byleth made his own thoughts known, Layton remained silent, eyes closed and hand on his chin as he did whenever he was in thought. Luke, meanwhile, had his little notebook out and was scribbling away. First, he made a sketch of the Super Smash Bros. logo, then noted down the swordsman's words.

1. Super Smash Brothers = People gathered from outside worlds to participate in fighting tournaments and protect the world.

2. Each symbol on the map = Smash Bros. fighter

3. Some fighters missing.

4. Stadium = meeting place.

Luke raised his head to look to the two Professors and Shez. "But, Professors, if this world has fighters to protect it, why was Professor Layton brought here? You're not a fighter! Er, I mean--"

"It's quite alright, my boy," Layton said, understanding the boy's intentions. "It is true that I quite dislike confrontations. I don't relish the idea of having to participate in a fighting tournament, but I'm confident that is not the reason for our being here. Our mysterious sender wrote that I am needed to solve a mystery: to find the Pillars of Creation and Destruction. I believe it is our role to find these Pillars, Luke, so as to aid Professor Byleth and the Smash Brothers in defeating this threat to the world." Layton smiled and tapped the brim of his hat. "To put it simply: the Smash Brothers provide the muscle power while you and I provide the brain power."

The Professor then pondered Byleth's words for another moment. Though the closest group of fighters was also the largest, according to the map, Byleth still advised against heading to that location. From what he gathered from the younger professor, a situation where a threat tried to wipe out all the Smash Brothers with one stroke has happened in the past. If that was the case, he can understand why Byleth would advise against a large gathering. What were their options then? They were in a desert wasteland, and with their lack of resources they certainly cannot afford to hang around for too long! Layton had little doubt that Byleth and Shez were also considering that issue so chose not to bring it up. Instead, he tried to focus on his mission: to find these Pillars, whatever they were, and get Luke and himself home safely.

"Professor Byleth, you said something about 'the Hands,'" Layton looked to the young man once more. "Am I correct to assume these Hands are figures of great importance?"

As Layton waited for an answer, his attention returned to Luke. The boy was stifling a yawn and rubbing his eyes. It was getting late, and after what Luke had been though Layton was not surprised in the least that his young friend was exhausted. He quietly moved to Luke's side and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Luke, why don't you get some rest?" Layton suggested gently.

Luke immediately sat up, shook his head, and smacked his cheeks to wake himself. "Ah! I'm awake, Professor! Really I am!" He couldn't fall asleep now! Luke wanted to be part of this big important meeting with the adults and help out too! He was Professor Layton's Apprentice Number One, after all! Luke's eyes then grew large, the boy becoming wide awake as he spotted something alarming in the darkened sky and pointed to it. "Professor, look!"

Layton looked in the direction of Luke's pointing finger and saw a meteor falling toward the earth! Before he could get a word out, a flying ship with a castle sitting atop it shot overhead in the direction of the meteor! Layton had to hold onto his hat to keep it from being blown away.

"My word..." was all the Professor could say!

yra / ythra
───────────────────────────────────────────

Location: Pirate Ship | Interactions: GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow
Seeing Pit jump into action, Pyra was glad he was willing to go along with her makeshift plan. Fighting was probably the worst way to go about it all, and maybe they should have gone with the wedding idea for something much similar, but Mythra was too stubborn to let that happen, and honestly, Pyra couldn't blame her. Even if it was supposed to be fake, something like a wedding was supposed to be something special and maybe that was why the other aegis was so against it. It didn't feel right to her. She could understand that.

Putting that aside, Pyra put her focus back into the fight before her. She had an important job after all- keeping Krook distracted and buying Toon Link enough time to do his part. Hopefully she could hold out long enough. Admittedly, the small bit of sleep had helped her regain some of her lost energy back, but it hadn't been long enough to feel fully restored. It was enough for her to keep on fighting.

Keeping up her pressure, the aegis did her best not to let the constant parrying of her attacks bother her. It was frustrating, but Pyra knew better than to lose her head. Staying calm and focused was what was important now. Besides, she had more than standard swordplay on her side, but that was her own trump card if she needed it.

As Krook lashed his tail out at Pyra, the blade managed to jump aside and avoid it, though it didn't come without its own problems. While she had successfully evaded the attack, the slippery deck beneath her feet did her no good as she landed. She still lost her footing, putting her in a vulnerable position. Catching herself on her knees, Pyra rolled off to the side to buy herself time to recover and as she did, the fire aegis threw her sword, causing it to burst into a wheel of flames as it spun towards the Kap'n. While he flames did still burn hot, the downpour did weaken their usual power, making her Blazing End a little less effective than it usually would have been. Still it acted as a distraction for her to get back on her feet.

Your flames are only going to do so much, you know... Mythra remarked, causing Pyra to softly huff to herself.

I know, I know. I just need to buy some more time and let you save up your energy if needed.

So Pyra was thinking ahead. Mythra should have known. Despite how her other half seemed at times, she was always doing her best to plan and give them the upper hand in whatever ways she could, even though she knew she was much weaker compared to the likes of Mythra. For now she would have to trust her judgment on the situation and wait for her time to come out- if it was even needed.

If things get bad, let me take over. His dirty tricks will mean nothing against my foresight.

That was probably true, and Pyra knew it, but she wasn't willing to back down just yet. There was still plenty of fight let in her and she would make it known. Seeing the flames die down from her weapon, it came spiraling back to her and she caught it without hesitation. However, even with weapon in hand again, the aegis didn't immediately jump into action again. Her fiery eyes quietly watched the kremling's movements preparing herself from his next attack instead.

Peachborder.png
Peachborder2.png

Princess Peach

"R-right, S-sorry..." The Mushroom Princess muttered at Nurse Joy's request, nodding and hanging her head in shame... Perhaps she was too overzealous in getting the dark-winged angel to their side... Even if the matter was URGENT.

She smiled consolingly at him as Pikachu curled up on Dark Pit's lap and the Nurse offered to bring them a blanket and a pillow.

"He's right, Sweetheart," Peach nodded as the Lake Scientist told the small Rabbit child about all the terrible things Lunaris has done and the Pink Princess couldn't help but frown and grit her teeth slightly, "Bad is too kind a word for them... One thing is for sure: He needs to be STOPPED."

All that being said, she couldn't help but smirk when the Lake Scientist suggested beating the information out of one of Lunaris' goons. Normally Peach was against such uncouth methods and resorting to violence, however, granted the severity of their crimes she was willing to make an exception for that man...

Then something occurred to her that would continue to bother her, she suspected: WHY was Lunaris so elusive?

Usually, these types of madmen would plaster their pictures over whatever they could stick their posters on (a particular narcissistic overgrown turtle "king" came to mind)... So why hasn't Lunaris? Everyone in the realm should know all too well what he looked like by now, yet none do...

Peach seriously doubted it was because he had a sense of humility or got a sudden case of nerves...

Sure, AT FIRST it would make sense for espionage purposes, but now that he's conquered the realm there was no need, was there not?

What was his end game?

Peach watched as Samus got up to leave, most likely to investigate the area further, and gave her a knowing look while slightly nodding. She decided to stay by Dark Pit's side and was yet again deep in thought while leaning against the wall and holding up her chin with her gloved right hand, staring a hole into the floor.

Lake Shore

Interactions:

GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow (Pikachu, Dark Pit, Samus, Nurse Joy, Lake Shore Scientist, and Big), SheepKing SheepKing (Princess Zelda), and SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 (Cream & Cheese)​

Suddenly,a the voice of an irrate man came over the intercomes of the soldier's comms "Any and all personnel, report! What's happening!? There's an ungodly levels of cosmic radiation descending towards the planet! What have you done?"

"We...We failed...We couldn't stop him...This...Is the end of it all..."

"It's not like we don't deserve this anyways..."

"If it's all over, I'm going home! I need to be with my kids!" One of the soldiers runs offs

"Same. We did the best we could, boys. No one can take that away from us. We gave it are all and that's what counts." With other soldiers agreeing with the sentiment, they run out of military base in an attempt to see their loved ones one last time before they're presumed death, while the rest stay behind.

A soldier takes a seat on the ground and casually looks at the black sphere descending upon them
"This will be the best, shortest vacation ever. If we're lucky, we probably won't even feel a thing."
"What are you idiots doing?! We need to evacuate!"

"Evacuate...Evacuate to where?"

"What about the shields? Activate the shield generators around the base!"

"Aren't strong enough to hold back the blast. Even still, the controls to shield generators are damaged."

"What about our weapon systems?! Fire everything we have at that anomaly!"

"They're down too. Even if we had a warhead, it couldn't destroy that. Face it doctor. We're better off making peace with ourselves and pray that some of us are lucky enough to be forgiven."

"No...! This..This can't be! This just can't be! Not yet!" And audible 'click' sound can be heard in the comms and the radio goes silent

"Hm. He took that better than expected."

Ploegy Ploegy Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat SheepKing SheepKing
------------------------------
Captain Falcon makes it to a near-by tree and grabs on to the trunk and pulls himself up to his feet despite the unbearable pain he was feeling in his knee nothing was going to stop him from helping his friends. Not even his severely injured knee "Alright...! Alright I'm up...! Let's do this thi-" The moment Captain Falcon turns back to face everyone else, he glimpses up in the sky and sees what looks to be a black sphere on fire "Whoa...Who-o-o-oa, what in the world is that? Wh-what is that? WHAT IS THAT?! Hey guys, look! In the sky! What evenIS that?!"
wigi wigi Ploegy Ploegy SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 Gears Gears

"Thank you, friend. You're help is greatly appreciated!" Peregrine bows to Cyan "Then let us not waste the dayli-" Peregrine looks up to the sky and sees an enormous black sphere covered in flames descending to the Earth "What...? What is that?"
Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat
781d60668c3d58e4a62ad721bc845d56.jpg

Somewhere in the glacier, stood a cathedral and standing outside of it was a figure wearing a white cloak with with golden accents, looking at he flaming, black sphere in the sky. Another figure in a white robe approach from behind before kneeling.

"Father, the others have seen it. Could it truly be the sign.

"Yes, the sign has made itself known. Now more than ever, our time to unite the two halves of all things has come!"

"What of our Master's enemies?"

"Let the beasts and the killers handle them. If they are not dead, they will not know of our presence until our duties have been fulfilled."

"What if they were to find us before our final deed is done?"

"Then they will face our divine wrath. By the Will of the Master, the two halves will become one whole and the secrets of the universe will be known to us all!"

1687539067552.png
1687539072231.png
The sounds of fighting ahead gave way to another boom. Snake elected to sit still through the consequential cave-in, a short-lived event for all the violent shaking and crumbling, until he could move forward. The path ahead was a grass and stone filled cavern lit by a great gaping hole up ahead. Sunlight spilled in from the sinkhole that seemed to be widening by the second, loose soil and stone still crumbling loose from its outer edges. Much too hazardous to climb up, and there was no time to try and gouge out of a safer path even if he wanted to bother. He looked back at the aftermath ahead and save that the debris created a perfect platform. Up ahead was a cave ledge where some of the light seemed to shine on a path. So he followed it, squeezing down the narrow passage and grateful it had survive all the previous collapsing. His crawl brought him into another chamber, though one that looked much more manmade than the previous rooms. With angles that were too smooth to be anything other than artificial extensions, and signs of tool use everywhere in vehicle treads and support beams, Snake figured he had found his destination - the mysterious military base. He tracked the vehicle treads back to a wall of stone where the tracks stopped, knocking across its surface until he heard the hollow sound he was looking for. A false wall? Nothing an explosive charge couldn't solve.

Snake opened his path forward with a grenade, entering the lowest bowels of the complex with his pistol drawn. It was quiet here, much too quiet for his comfort, but he only took note of that as he carried on down dark hallway after dark hallway. He had to find something - a control room, a vehicle bay, even an elevator. Just something to make this journey even a little bit worth it.

yleth

Location: Battlefield Fortress | Interactions: GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow
Twice Knightly Twice Knightly megar megar
Byleth quietly took in the exchange between Layton and Luke. While he didn't know much about the pair, their logic made sense to him- though to some extent he could disagree. There were plenty of Smash Bros not known for their combat prowess after all, yet they fought to protect the realm as well. However, these circumstances did feel different. It wasn't a formal invitation to join the Smash Bros after all, but rather a simple plea of help. Did that really change things though? There were fighters who didn't receive invitations either, yet still were among the roster. It was all too confusing for the professor to try and wrap his mind around.

Giving a small nod of his head at their conclusion, his eyes momentarily dropped down to the map once again and he quietly began to study it once again- more specifically he focused on the two logos that appeared to be moving across the map and in their direction. It was odd, especially the speed they seemed to move at. It made Byleth wonder who exactly they could be. Perhaps it was Sonic and he was carrying another as he ran along... Would that cause them motion sickness? As if that mattered in his speculation. If it was the hedgehog, perhaps they could join forces. Having a pair of fighters alongside him would be beneficial after all.

His train of thought came to a halt as Layton address him. Lifting his gaze from the map once more, he focused his attention upon the older professor, giving a bob of his head at his question. "You'd be correct in that assessment," he stated. "They're something akin to the rulers of this Realm, though I can't say I've interacted with them as much as others have."

Byleth's own encounters with the pair had been rather minimal during his previous stay, but then again his timing had been rather bad as well- arriving amidst the chaos that Galeem and Dharkon had caused. The Hands hadn't been on friendly terms with the fighters during that time, though by the end, they had offered their help to the group, even after everything that had occurred.

The professor would have carried on, but Luke's interjection caused him to stop. Lifting his gaze skyward as the boy pointed, Byleth pale eyes instantly settled upon the meteor looming off in the distance. That wasn't good, but it wasn't the only thing in the sky. His eyes quickly shifted to the Citadel that flew nearby in the sky above. Watching it move, his brain took a moment to process before it quickly dropped to observe the map. That was it! The two moving Smash symbols hung overhead, causing the professor to abruptly rise to his feet.

With no words, he hurried to a more open space and narrowed his eyes, wondering if he should rewind time and see if he could latch on to the ship with his sword. He needed to know who was overhead, and what their goals were. From his position, Byleth tried to make out any indication as to who it might be, but nothing about the castle gave him any clue. It didn't resemble Bowser's fortress nor did it seem like anything the other villains would dare using. Which of the heroes would fly a Citadel around? He was at a loss. Even if he did try to board it, he doubted his own sword could even reach, and his timing would have to be pinpoint perfect given the speed it moved at. Thus, he was left with more questions than answers.

Amidst his brief panic, Byleth's eyes had begun glowing, indicating his own indecision to use his powers or not. Even he hadn't noticed it at first, but when he did, he let the glow dim until it no longer lingered and he took a moment to compose himself.

Moving back towards the group, the professor gave a small shake of his head. "Apologies for that," he breathed out. "I thought I might be able to see who was aboard that ship because it seems others like me are there."

Sephiroth gave Roxas a dark look; this exact confrontation scenario played the same way as the meddling fools Zack and Cloud thereafter. This boy’s power level is certainly laughable; it was like looking at a small courel kitten trying to fight a foe bigger than itself. In Roxas' case raising his weapon against him. The boy’s and his powers are incomparable. He grabbed his masamune,” You’re either really brave or stupid to go up in arms against someone of my caliber. We’re not even on the same power level, boy. I have my doubts you faced some like me before. Well, let’s settle this right now.” It’s been a while since he went to use his octaslash. It has many uses, good for crowd controlling enemies, or striking down stupid children like Roxas. It’s just his idea of a warm up. Though why does the boy look like Cloud? Could he be the meddling fool’s love child, but he chose not to dwell too much on the subject, putting the child in his place is the priority. “ I’ll show you what a 1st class SOLDIER can do!” He dives down at Roxas in an instant. He delivered seven consecutive attacks on the teenage kid, ending it by sending the boy into the building below with the eighth and final blow. He circled around in the air knowing a blow that like through the building would leave the kid with a few broken bones. “ Get stronger than come face me.” His blue serpentine eyes flashed as he sensed something coming.

He could use more battles to put his powers to the test. It was fun to see how far he could push his limits, not that he had much limits to start with as the former SOLDIER. He could go for a battle and his hunger for a worthy opponent grows; perhaps nothing can convince him his duel with the Doom Slayer wasn’t as entertaining and fun. To his own arrogance, he watched and waited for the stranger to come face him head on. While short lived, sending Roxas back down is just a warm up, a disappointing one to say the least. Maybe once the boy grows a bit stronger he might accept the challenge later on. He couldn’t deny a duel when he saw the chance to test his skills and might. Maybe another opportunity would arise today.

Ploegy Ploegy GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow

Last edited:
1687645395965.png

While Joker, Noctis, and Prompto all faced against their wiry copies, Agent Three did all she could to provide support, picking off the polygonal forces one after another. Yet it wouldn’t be long before she too would encounter her own doppelgänger once more as within the writhing crowds of faux fighters, the Fakeling sprung forth from behind, nearly catching the real deal completely off guard. Three narrowly avoided the following ink fire with a swift dodge roll to the right, hands gripping into the grass as she pulled herself up and immediately returned fire from her own Splattershot, only to find the Fakeling to have once more dove into the crowd of polygons, nowhere to be seen.

Weapon raised and put on edge, Inkling narrowed her eyes as she circled the crowd of polygons, searching through jagged edge to jagged edge for any sign of the slippery fraud before deciding to. She couldn’t let him catch her off guard, after all she might have been lucky the first time, but she wasn’t going to bet on her odds a second.

“….”

"..!"

Wait, why waste time searching for him when she could just take them all down at once? Three grabbed a splat bomb and hurdled it into the crowd, and not a second later,

*Bang!*

Ink went flying as her blocky foes were met with an inky end, which just so happened to also reveal the Fakeling’s location, as he had been sent skyward from the force of the explosion. The Fakeling quickly landed on the exposed ground in a crouch, sending grass and stray ink into the air, before immediately lunging right towards her, Splattershot raised and ready to fire!

And yet Inkling welcomed the challenge, as she too narrowed the distance between them until they were inches apart, as she rose her Splattershot and used it to physically parry the other’s line of fire away from her and towards a nearby cluster of polygons.

*Clank!*

*Clank!* *Clank!* *Clank!*

More akin to a duel of swordsmen than anything to a turf war, the two became trapped in a close ranged engagement, as they shoved and tousled to get a clear target on the other, only to have their weapon quickly pushed aside before they could fire. The result was quite literally everything in their vicinity except for the squids themselves becoming coated in wireframe red and goopy orange paint. This engagement was fruitless, something Three was now keenly aware of yet unsure how to break out of. The moment either one lost their guard would certainly mean the other would get a clear shot and game over for them. Even worse, she glanced at her ink tank, only a third full and steadily draining with every failed attempt to get a clear shot in. One thing was obvious, she needed to break this stalemate, but how?

Out of the corner of her eye she could spot Joker and the others a decent distance away. The Phantom Thief in question had already long defeated his own clone, while Noctis and Prompto had the benefit of a two versus one to take out the Cloud copy. So, it was just her and Fakeling left, something that only made her all the more frustrated. This copy couldn’t be an exact replica, but then what did she have over it-

Her eyes went wide.

Oh.

Gosh this was embarrassing.

Ducking down as the Fakeling aimed and fired, Inkling replaced her Splattershot with a roller, slamming the weapon down and crushing the Fakeling into the earth, leaving him wedged and incapable of moving a muscle. This entire time she’d been viewing it as any other battle against a fellow Inkling or Octoling. It was easy to fall back into that mindset when faced with someone who so clearly fit the bill. Great Zapfish, even the Wireframe was tailored towards that manner of thinking, as he held onto his Splattershot and Splat Bombs just like any other Turf Battler out there. But that was the thing. This was no Turf War.

Inkling grabbed the Fakeling and threw him into the air, in one swift movement replaced her roller with a blaster and aiming right into the sky.

She pressed the trigger and a firework of ink erupted from the flame painted barrel,

*Bang!*

This was a Smash Battle!

The Fakeling broke apart into teeny tiny red shards that fell upon the battlefield like sparkling glitter, Three’s own confetti to celebrate her victory. And yet as she crouched down to gather her breath, she caught wind of something else that remained of her opponent. Strange glowing orbs of light that rose into the air. She took a moment to examine the strange sight before quickly shaking her head. Now wasn’t the time to gawk, after all there was still plenty more to take care of first.

Namely-

A chum raised its frying pan, hoping to smack Inkling in her moment of distraction, only to be greeted with a roller to the face, exploding into a puddle of green goo and power eggs.

There were plenty of straggler Polygons, Salmonids, and so on that we’re just begging for a butt kicking.

And so, Inkling raised a thumbs up to her allies to let them know her copy had been dealt with before rolling her shoulder and cracking her neck as she raised her Splattershot. And with one last confident smirk, she fired into the crowd of enemies, ready to end this once and for all!

Interactions: Ploegy Ploegy (Joker, Ann) SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 (Noctis, Prompto)

Cyan’s eyes widened as the meteor was seen in the sky. What could they do? Really? The size of the space rock could wipe the planet from existence. What could any of them do? He just stared starstruck by it like Peregrine. It’s the only thing the latter could do. This doomsday feeling that crept up his throat was exactly the way it played out back home when Kefka rearranged the goddess statues, throwing off their delicate balance on an apocalyptic scale. The tremors shook the planet’s very core. He and his friends couldn’t escape from the floating continent as a series of strikes split Setzer’s airship. It was such divine wrath if he ever saw one. Cyan could not begin to imagine the hell the people had gone through as the continents were mushed together forming new lands. He started to fall to his knees shaking as if he needed a reminder of that horrific day. Another failure.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Last edited:
Noctis and Prompto
SheepKing SheepKing Ploegy Ploegy Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat
Prompto noticed that the enemy were not wirefrsmes,but polygons. He felt abit bad for the mistake. He was focused on shooting the three gingliging polygon. Meanwhile,Noctis managed to defeat the Cloud Polygon. He was bruised badly though. "Anyone has a potion or something?" he asked his allies.
----------------
Shadow the hedgehog and Mog the Moogle
Ploegy Ploegy Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- wigi wigi
A white furry creature flew between Shadow and the corrupt Kirby. "Do not hurt him Kupo! He's my friend He dosen't know what he's doing,Kupo!"
"He is hurting innocents. He has to be stopped. The short argument was stopped when they heard Captain Falcon mentioning about something in the sky. Both Shadow and Mog looked up to notice the strsnge sphere.

oxas

Location: Military Base | Interactions: Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-
SheepKing SheepKing
Sephiroth's words went in one ear and out the other. Roxas had no care for what degrading nonsense the man wished to spit at him- he had to do this. His strength may be laughable in comparison, but that had never stopped him in the past. He always kept his head high and pushed forward, even when things seemed grim. Now was no different. He would meet this threat head on in order to stop whatever he was scheming- no matter how many times he had to get back up and try again. That reckless, stubborn nature of his would never let him do otherwise.

Lifting his keyblade's to meet the oncoming octoslash, a strained grunt rumbled in the back of Roxas' throat. Even from only one swing he could feel the force behind it- one that was clearly intended to try and do him as much harm as possible. This man, whoever he might be, clearly wanted to thwart the keyblade wielder before the fight had even begun. How annoying. It irritated Roxas to his very core, causing his nose to wrinkle as he pushed back against Sephiroth's initial attack in attempt to show he wasn't going to back down easily. Such determination and grit would only get him so far though.

As the second slash of the one-winged angel came in, the teen already began to struggle to hold the force behind it back, even with a majority of his own strength put behind his blocks. This defense would only continue to crumble as the following slashed clanked into his pair of keyblades. With each attack, Roxas could feel himself losing more and more. His keys were being driven back towards his chest as his arms struggled against the force coming in upon him. Even so, his determination and drive still remained in his eyes.

"AUGH!!!"

His cry echoed out as the last slash wailed into him. His defense was finally broken and with it he found himself plummeting back towards the building at concerning speeds. If he didn't do something, he was going to be in a world of pain. His mind raced as it ran through ideas. There wasn't much he could do, but he knew he could at least try to minimize the damage he was about to take.

Without much thought, Roxas whipped up an aero shield around himself before blindly launching his keyblades backwards, hoping they'd break through whatever awaited him before his body did. Even with a shield around him, it was unlikely it would last for long given the damage he was likely taking. Even so it was all he could manage.

Luckily for him, the entrance into the building was painless thanks to his keys shattering the windows behind him, but that was all they could offer before clanking against the floor. Roxas however didn't stop so easily. His descent continued. The impact with the floor instantly caused the aero shield to break, and while it took most of the damage, pain still surged through the Nobody's body as his fall to the floor below went on.

Crashing into the Control Room, the boy howled out in pain as he landed against the floor. Fortunately, he had missed hitting any of the machinery in the room, leaving all devices intact, though the same could not be said for himself. Pain surged through every part of his body- it almost made him want to cry... Wait could he even cry? It didn't matter. He laid motionless on the floor, allowing his body to take in all the agony it found himself in.

However, even now, in his moment of discomfort, he wouldn't be allowed to rest. Despite everything, there was still more. He could feel it, or rather smell it. It was a pleasant smell, though Roxas' body seemed to take poorly to it. Irritation flared up within him and once more both his keyblades flashed into existence before whipping up a wind spell in order to protect the boy. Little did he know he was in turn protecting another as well.

As the winds quickly swirled around the keyblade wielder and forced the halothane gas upwards towards the hole he had created, the boy remained laying in place. Soft, pained groans escaped his lips as he moved an arm up to sling over his face.

"UGHHHHHH!" he hissed out in a mixture of pain and annoyance. Finally, he was starting to show signs of life. Rubbing his temples, Roxas' eyes squinted open and he stared past his hand towards the ceiling. The gaping hole he had created immediately caught his attention. Dropping his hand back down to his side, blue orbs focused, though there was nothing to see beyond the hole anyways.

With a sigh, his eyes finally broke their focus and began flickering around, though there wasn't much he could see given his current position. Could he even move though? He had to whether he wanted to or not. Even if his body ached, he still needed to move. He needed to get up and try again. He had to try and stop Sephiroth.

Roxas struggled into a sitting position- each movement of his body causing his face to twist and whimpers of agony to slip between his lips. Slouching over, the teen finally managed to lift himself from the floor and his eyes began to shift about again. That was when he finally noticed he was not alone. His gaze quickly rested upon the figure of a dog, sitting at one of the computers. It was an odd sight, but he was more than used to strange.

"You need to get out of here..." he breathed out, though he was sure his words were redundant. Given the vibe of this place, he was sure it was obvious, yet he continued on, nevertheless: "This place is in danger... Some white haired man is trying to blow it up..." Pausing from the strain talking was putting on him, Roxas winced as he began to clamber to his feet. "I'm not sure what you're doing... but I suggest you run while you can..."

Managing to get on his feet, Roxas used Oblivion to keep himself balanced while he slowly raised Oathkeeper to cast a healing spell. He needed some form of relief, even if it was only a little bit. The cura he cast could provide that much at least. Some of the pain escaped his body, though it wasn't all of it. Whatever internal injuries he sustained still ached, but there was nothing he could do about that now. All he could do was take a moment to regain himself, before trying again- if he could even manage to stand for that long. He was clearly unsteady on his feet after all.

Last edited:
Toon Link & Pit
Where: The Kremling pirate ship, the Black Scourge, in the middle of the sea
With: Pyra/Mythra ( Ploegy Ploegy )

Krook cackled triumphantly as Pyra slipped on the rain-soaked deck. He lunged for her, his sword out for a thrust, but a powerful wave struck the side of the galleon and threw off his balance. Krook growled and fought to maintain balance, only to be forced to dive into a side roll as Pyra's burning blade spun passed him. On all fours, he let out a vicious reptilian hiss as he lashed his tail out at the Aegis with intent to bludgeon her over and over.

"Scurvy wrench! I am Kap'n Jacquard Krook! Warlord of the Waves! Scourge of the Seas! Ruler of the Watery Realms! These stormy waves will wash away your bloodied remains!"

The loss of one claw not slowing him down in the least, Krook rushed on all fours toward Pyra, vise-like jaws open for a devastating bite attack!

Toon Link and the Zora girl emerged onto the main deck only to be thrown off-balance as the wave nearly bowled over the ship. Toon Link's arms flailed as he fought to regain balance while the Zora held onto the main mast. They both cried out as powerful winds threatened to thwart their efforts, but they managed to hold firm until it passed.

Toon Link frowned. He could use his baton to manipulate the wind, but it was too hazardous to do so. He needed concentration to be able to conduct, and with how chaotic the weather was, the worst thing that could happen is the Hylian losing his baton to the winds and sea.

"Ha-harr! Looks like fish is on the menu, me buckoes!" a pirate shouted, raising a cutlass.

A swift slash and a thrust from Toon Link's sword took care of him. The little swordsman grunted softly. He had forgotten he was still wearing the Zola costume!

He couldn't dwell on thoughts of fashion for long; he spotted Pyra in battle with Krook, and the Aegis was struggling to keep on her feet! A few pirates charged with weapons raised, determined to aid their Kap'n in disposing of the Smash Brother. Toon Link wasn't going to allow that! He took out his trusty hookshot and pulled one pirate to him, which he quickly took care of with his sword. This caught the attention of the others and they turned their wrath to the little Hylian, only to turn tail and run off as a few of the Zola crew chased after them. Toon Link blinked in surprise at the sight, then smiled. Zola weren't normally allies of Hylians, but it seemed they shared a common enemy in the Kremlings! Or they were still fooled by the Zola costume.

Pit ducked and weaved as Kudgel, the large and cruel Kremling taskmaster, swung his spiked club with intent to smash the angel to bits. Kudgel snarled in frustration and swung his weapon harder and faster as he and the slippery cherub made their way to the stern of the ship. Pit grunted softly as his wings touched the wall of the captain's quarters. Kudgel grinned evilly and, believing his pray to be trapped, brought his weapon down yet again. Pit brought his left arm up to use his vambrace to block the blow. Had he been a normal human, such an action would've destroyed his arm utterly, but Pit was an angel, and an incredibly durable one at that! Kudgel gaped in disbelief as the angel captain held his ground, and that brief moment was all the time Pit needed. Giving the huge Kremling a cheeky wink, he willed his Upperdash Arm to reappear on his right arm and sent it straight into the krocodile's gut!

Kudgel coughed and staggered back, a hand on his stomach. Unfortunately for Pit, Kudgel was also an incredibly durable Kremling! He recovered quickly and with an enraged roar he swung his club downward in a vicious blow. Pit took advantage of the opening provided to jump to the side, and the club smashed through the deck floor where he stood just a second ago.

"Hah! Too slow!" Pit taunted with a cocky grin. The grin suddenly vanished, the angel straightening up in alarm and raising a brow as a cracking sound from below reached his ears. That definitely wasn't thunder---

The deck floor beneath Pit, weakened by the hole made by Kudgel's club, collapsed! The captain groaned softly and shook the stars out of his head, quickly coming out of his daze. He looked down to see what had broken his fall and discovered that he, as well as the deck wood, had fallen to the galley and landed on top of the ship's cook! The plump Kremling lay still under the debris and Smash Brother.

Pit frowned, unhappy with the fate that had, well, befallen the cook. "... Sorry about that."

The galley doors bursted open and three Kremling pirates, armed with blunderbusses, took aim! Pit snatched the pistol the cook had in his belt and leaped over and behind the solid counter. Chunks of wood flew from the counter as the pirates fired their guns. As Pit readied his firearm to fight back, he saw that the large roasted meat that the cook had been preparing had fallen behind the counter when the Kremlings opened fire. He grabbed the large chunk of meat by the bone and took a big bite out of it; he was reminded of just how hungry he was! A nearby keg, now ridden with holes, spilled ale. Pit filled a mug and downed the dark liquid with one swig before putting it aside. Glancing at a nearby fallen metal plate, he could see the reflection of the three Kremlings waiting for him to show himself. He was about to break cover and return fire when dog-like growling and snapping noises alerted him to another creature's presence.

Sure enough, a little Klaptrap busted out of a bottom cabinet in front of the angel! Jaws snapping, the vicious kritter leaped at Pit, who reflexively held up the large chunk of meat in its trajectory. The Klaptrap sank its teeth into the meat, and both roast and Kremling flew over the countertop. Pit froze as the air became loud with the sounds of gunfire and the Klaptrap's high-pitched squealing. There was a -thump- followed by the dismayed cries of the pirates.

"'OY! That was Precious!"

"No! NOOO! PRECIOUS!"

oker

Location: Plains near Stadium | Interactions: SheepKing SheepKing
SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15
Finishing off a few polygons that had separated him from the others, Joker came to a brief stop to allow himself to catch his breath. His eyes flickered around, taking note that the others had managed to defeat the other wireframes. That was good, however, there were still waves of enemies around them.

"Good work everyone!" he called out. "Let's keep it up."

Despite his words of encouragement, Joker knew it was only a matter of time before they'd tire themselves out, especially the likes of him and Ann. Things needed to end before they were pushed that far. Was it possible though? Ren's mind began to ponder the idea, but was brought to a quick halt when Noctis spoke up. His gaze shifted towards Morgana and he signaled him forward with small nod of his head.

Seeing the Phantom Thieves leader signal him forward, Morgana hopped towards Noctis without as much as a word to be said. Stopping in front of the other, the feline tilted his head upward while swaying his tail out behind him- clearly trying to judge the severity of the others wounds. "Stay still," he finally meowed as he raised his paws up into the air. "I'll heal you right up!" With a wave of a paw, his persona once again manifested itself and cast a diamara upon Noctis. "That should do it!" With his job quickly done, Morgana didn't wait for a thanks before calling back his persona and scampering off towards the backlines once again.

With the situation handled, Ren's eyes shifted away and once again began to assess the situation around them. Arsene and Carmen still fought valiantly on the frontline, allowing him to even have this time to stop and think. Even Ann was still holding her own- the cracks of her whip indicating such. Here they were working so hard, while he stood doing nothing to help, though he had done plenty thus far. Still, it wasn't enough. He needed to find a way to end this all and help everyone. Could it be that simple though?

Again, Joker found his mind on that subject. His mind raced with thoughts, and while he did seem distant, his body still moved as enemies approached him once again. He didn't need to fully focus to deal with them, though sooner or later that might come back to bite him in the ass if he didn't get it together. Absentmindedly thwarting the mob that had come for him, Ren hadn't noticed Ann's approach and nearly jumped when he felt a hand gently rest upon his shoulder. His abrupt movements and hand moving to raise his dagger were enough to prove how distracted he truly was, but as his eyes settled upon the other thief's face, he let his body relax.

"Sorry..."

A kind smile formed on Ann's lips before she shook off his apology. "No need to apologize." Her voice was comforting and soft, but even so Joker couldn't bring himself to look her in the eyes. That only made it clearer that something was wrong. "What's on your mind? Something is bothering you again..." Of course she could tell. That was no surprise to Ren, but he still didn't know how to respond. It wasn't as if he could easily put his current thoughts into words anyways.

The silence between them did him no favors though. Ann's eyes hardened the longer he stayed quiet until it felt as if her gaze was piercing through him. Flattening his brows, a look of guilt formed upon his features before a sigh slipped through his lips. "Just thinking of some way to bring this all to an end. We're going to tire ourselves out if we don't."

Finally Panther's eyes softened again and a light chuckle of amusement escaped her lips. "Is that all? We're going to be fine, Joker! I promise!" With those words, she gave his shoulder a light squeeze before she turned away once more and darted off to jump back into the fight again. Ren's eyes trailed her, but the thief remained in place. Even though he knew she was trying to reassure him, he still held his own doubts. He had to do something. Dark eyes shifting to find his persona once again, an idea began to form, though he wasn't too certain of it. Still, it was better than nothing.

"Arsene, to me!" he bellowed out, knowing he needed to assure he got the attention of his companion. Without hesitation, the persona burst from the frontlines and return to his other half's side. Quietly staring down at the teen, he awaited for whatever orders the boy might have for him.

"I'm going to break the chains that shackle away Satanael," the thief said lowly, not wanting the others to overhear his conversation with his persona. He knew some of his allies might object to such a reckless idea. There was no guaranteeing it worked after all, but it was a gamble Joker was willing to take if it meant finishing things quickly.

Hearing the boy words, Arsene stared at him for a moment before turning his own head away. There was no dissuading him. He could see it in his eyes- an unwavering resolve that words could not shake. That was fine with him. It wasn't as if he would object anyways. It wasn't his duty to. He was merely there to grant the boy the power he needed to forge his own path- nothing more, and nothing less.

"Very well, I have heeded your resolve," the persona spoke, keeping his voice low as well. "Just remember, even if this fails, I will always be with you and in due time, I will return to your side."

Those were the only words Joker needed to hear to find confidence in his decision. Giving his companion a firm nod of his head, the thief reached out to grab hold of one of the chains that circled around Arsene. His grip tightened around it before he forcibly whipped it forward towards the ground, instantly causing it to shatter. As it did, the pieces rose and the persona howled out, immediately catching the attention of both the other thieves. One look at the scene and they both knew what their leader was doing, but even so, neither could do anything about it.

Seconds passed as Arsene's howls of agony only grew louder, and soon enough the persona burst, causing glowing streaks of light to come falling down around the battlefield. It was a pretty sight to witness, though knowing what had caused it made it grim. Joker couldn't let that bother him though. Staying silent, he waited, but the rumbling of thunder that signified Satanael's arrival never came. Instead, blue flames quickly flickered around himself, disposing of his thieves attire and leaving him in his school uniform once again. He had failed to harness his power.

The sight of it all caused Ann to gasp out. She knew what it all meant, or rather she had an idea of what it meant. It meant Ren was defenseless. As much as she wanted to scold him for his recklessness, she couldn't bring herself to do it. His safety was what mattered most now.

"Protect Joker!" she yelled out as she scrambled to put herself between the oncoming horde of enemies and Ren. It was all in vain though. Before she could even manage to draw close to her fellow thief, a wave of polygon fighters had already rushed past and closed in on him. Her eyes widened in fear as she turned her head abruptly in his direction, but even as he was being ambushed, he showed little fear- he was still quick on his feet after all.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine!"

Would he though? Ren knew his statement was filled with a false promise, but still it slipped from his lips. The last thing he wanted was to come off as deadweight after all and if the others had to protect him then that was exactly what he was.

"But Ren-"

"Keep pushing forward! I can handle myself!"

His voice was firm, yet it was harsh. He knew Ann was only trying to look out from him, yet here he was pushing her away. The look in her eyes told him enough. She was hurt, yet she could tell what he was trying to do. For that he was thankful, though he wished it hadn't come at her own expense.

Seeing Ann turn her attention back to the fight in front of her, Ren was left to figure out his own situation. Quietly, his eyes watched the polygons circle around him. They kept their distance for now, but he knew it wouldn't be long before they came in to attack.

Think, Ren, think!

His mind began racing once again, panic rising in his chest as his dark eyes continued to follow the Pokemon shaped figures. No solutions were coming to him, yet his own stubbornness wouldn't allow him to ask for help- not after he had pushed Ann's help away. Ren's brows flattened as he bit down on his lower lip. Mentally he was screaming at himself to find a solution, but still none came. Not until finally a voice cut through his thoughts:

What's the matter? Are you scared? Joker froze as his mind wrapped around the new voice- it was familiar, but not at the same time. It wasn't Arsene, yet it sounded somewhat like him. Before he could question it though, it continued on. Have you already lost hope in yourself? Does it make you angry, being forced to give up on yourself because you failed?

The voice was almost taunting him. It was similar to when he first heard Arsene's voice all that time ago. Was he going through another awakening? Was that what the Smash Realm deemed reasonable to keep his powers in check? He could only assume so. If that was the case, then there was no need for him to panic. The concern washed away from his features and looks of confidence soon replaced them. "Lend me your power."

I see... you've caught on quick. I feel your determination, so vow to me!

As that phrase echoed out in Ren's head a surge of pain instantly filled his body, causing him to cry out as he slouched over. Tears pricked at the corners of his eyes as the pain continued to agonize him, causing his cries to get louder, all while grabbing the sides of his head. Sweat began to coat his face as his body struggled against the internal pain that plagued him. He had to fight through it. This was his only chance of gaining new power!

Both Ann and Morgana were quick to stop and turn to observe what was happening. In an instant they both knew what was taking place. They had seen it enough times before, but neither knew why or how Joker was experiencing a second persona awakening. Nothing like this had never occurred before to anyone on their team. There was no questioning it though- it was an undeniable sight. As much as they wanted to jump in and aid him, they knew it was up to him to come to terms with it all. Even so, his yelps of agony pained them, especially Ann, but she could only continue to fight on.

"Don't worry about Joker! If all goes well he'll be okay!" As confident and reassuring as she tried to sound, Ann knew she fell short. Her own concern clouded her mind, yet there was nothing more she could do. She had to believe in Ren to pull himself through and continue fighting.

Gripping tightly on his hair, Ren's struggles continued, but his pain hardly seemed to faze the voice in his head a it finally continued on with their vow. I am thou, thou art I. Thou who seeks to rebel against the rules of this world and rise against them of thy own accord, fill thy heart with the flames of rebellion and never let them be quenched! Unleash that anger, call upon my name and release thy rage!

One last scream roared out from Joker before he finally fell silent. In that moment of silence though, a gust of wind would burst from around him, blowing the polygon fighters back. That was when the mask would finally return to his face. He knew what he needed to do. Releasing his hair, his hands moved to the mask and curled around both sides- fully blocking his own vision- before he began his struggle to pull it off.

Growls of frustration rumbled in the back of his throat as he wobbled around and clawed at the mask upon is face, nothing seeming to make to budge. He needed it off and now! He needed its power! Joker howled out in a mixture of pain and rage as he fought against the mask. With one last yank, he finally tore it from his face, causing blood to splatter and quickly begin running down his cheeks. In that moment, his eyes turned a vibrant shade of gold and a twisted smile crossed his face. His new persona finally was one with him!

jokerawakening.png

"COME TO ME RAOUL!"

With those words said, the blood quickly dissipated into blue flames and quickly shrouded the phantom thief. Soon enough, the flames took shape into his thieves attire once more and a new figure burned from the teen's back, allowing itself to be born from the fire. Much like Arsene, it was much taller than Joker. Actually, the being looked similar to Arsene in many ways too, though more "modern" in appearance. This persona was none other that Raoul- Joker's third tier persona.

Laughter erupted from the shadowy figure as it stretched out its wings. Clearly it was pleased with itself. Why, even Joker couldn't tell, but he could assume it had something to do with how this world had tried to keep this power trapped within him. To break that shackle was good. The more power he was able to harness, the better.

"Allow me to offer you my strength to break through this battle."

Ren gave a firm nod to those words as newfound confidence and power surged through him. He knew he could bring this all to an end now. There was no doubt in his mind- he and Raoul would keep everyone safe no matter what!

"Raoul..." the teen breathed out. "Ravage them!"

Such a simple command, yet it was all the persona needed to hear Joker utter. As the polygon fighters that had previously been blown back came running towards the again, Raoul quickly grabbed the end of one of his wings and tugged it forward in a motion similar to throwing a blanket. "Gotcha now!"

Darkness briefly blanketed the area and as the persona finished his spin, the enemies dropped in place, soundly asleep. That was Raoul's power, Phantom Show. Its potent sleep capabilities over all enemies in range would certainly prove beneficial at ending things quickly. The tides were quickly turning their favor. That was exactly what Joker had hoped for. Quickly following up with eigaon, the polygons were taken care of and the thief finally was able to rejoin the others.

"Let us end this quickly!" he called out to the other. While he would still likely need their help picking off the enemies, he was prepared to make it far easier for them- a sleeping enemy didn't fight back after all!

Shifting his gaze back to the persona that hovered nearby, he gestured him forward with a small movement of his hand. No words were necessary this time. Raoul knew the plan and was ready to fulfill it at once and without hesitation. Briefly watching the persona dart off and begin putting the polygons and salmonids to sleep, Ren's eyes moved across his other companions. "Raoul is making it easier to pick all these enemies off! Act quickly and we can end this now!"

Without waiting for any kind of confirmation, Joker rushed forward with dagger and pistol at the ready. No enemy was receiving mercy from him moving forward. The thief blazed across the battlefield, swiftly targeting and destroying enemies left and right. It was hard to believe that only moment before he had been fumbling around completely defenseless and in search for answers. The tides of battle truly had played in his favor.

He wasn't the only thief that had jumped into action. Both Ann and Morgana were quick to follow suit, though neither displayed the same agility and power that Joker had to put on display, but they didn't have to. The thief and his persona working in tandem allowed for less effort needed from the others. Even the phantom thief himself could work less, but his own stubbornness didn't allow him to. He needed to work the hardest to ensure his team got out of this in one piece.

Joker was nothing but a blur of blacks and grays as he blitzed about. Shots from his gun echoed out and the occasional WOOSH cut through the air when he swung his dagger. His attacks were swift, but precise. It helped that most of his targets were asleep after all.

The battle didn't last much longer. The combination of Joker's reign of destruction along with the persistent attacks of the others was more than enough to overwhelm all the foes that had once stood in their path. It was a clean victory!

Finally coming to a stop, Joker heaved out a sigh of relief as he rolled his shoulders back. It was over- at least for now. Silently eyeing the plains, salmonid eggs littered the area as well as green goop that they had brought. Looking down at himself, he noticed he was covered in it as well. Blotches of green clung to his coat and completely covered his boots. How unfortunate.

"Ew..." he quietly muttered to himself, but his disgust was brought to an end as Raoul floated in front of him.

"For now I shall leave you and allow your other self to return," he stated as he played with the cigarette in his mouth. "But when you need me again, I will return to aid you so long as you keep the flames of rebellion in your heart."

Ren gave a silent nod of his head before watching the persona burst into blue flames and form a mask upon his face once again. Even though he had been the one to form the mask, it was no longer Raoul that was within it. The thief could feel that much. The presence within was one of familiarity: Arsene. Letting a faint smile cross his lips as he took in the familiar feeling, the thief moved to put his weapons away, but his moment of repose wouldn't last long.

"JOKER!"

Ren had no time to react before he felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso. The embrace squeezed him, causing him to wince, but he didn't complain. He quietly let the girl bury her face into his chest as she clung onto him. While she clearly was trying to keep herself from crying, he could hear her soft sobs of joy. It warmed his heart. He would have returned the embrace if his arms hadn't been caught up in it, but for now he simply accepted it.

Ann wasn't the only one to come for him though. Morgana hopped along until he arrived to and happily hugged the teen's legs with a happy purr. "Come on everyone! Bring it in! Group hug on Joker!"

Hearing those words, Ren's eyes widened. "W-Wait! I'm covered in goo don't do that!" Neither thief seemed to care about his protest and instead tightened their grip around him. "H-Hey! You're going to crush me! Besides we shouldn't be celebrating yet! We haven't reached the Stadium!"

His words continued to fall upon deaf ears. A small celebration was going to happen whether he liked it or not.

1688180586584.png

With Sora crouched down and arm extended out towards him, Pichu swiftly nodded as he scurried up the boy’s limb and onto his head, grabbing a tiny fistful of spiky brown hair as he turned to face the cloudy oblivion down below. Looks like there really was no other option but to trust Sora and prepare for takeoff! Eyes squeezed shut and face scrunched up, he’d feel Sora take a step forwards and-

“PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHUUUUUUUUUU!”

In those few moments of pure free falling Pichu has no choice but to assume the worst. Fur wildly blown about by the wind and his stomach in his throat, Pichu screamed and screamed as they careened downwards, every moment reaching closer and closer to the layer of clouds below and the ground below. Yet, in all his panic, Pichu failed to see the sparkling glitter twinkling from Sora as his magic finally quicked in. The sensation of falling melted away as something else took its place entirely.

“PIIIIIII….Pi?

Pichu finally opened his eyes, at first just a hesitant peek yet soon nearly bulging right from his skull as his jaw fell to the floor in awe.

An ocean of cerulean skies lay before them and a field of pillowy white down below. It, everything, and all so endless in scope it couldn’t be described as anything but infinity itself. Pichu almost assumed that he’d somehow found himself in actual heaven. As he slowly rose his head upward however, Pichu was greeted by the warmth and blinding shimmer of the sun and the playful laughter from Sora below. A laughter filled with such confidence that all prior panic was blown away with the wind that whirled past them, leaving nothing but adrenaline in his veins and elation in his brain.

Very, very, carefully, Pichu’s hands released themselves from Sora’s hair, his feet digging further into his hair in its place. Arms free, he rose them up and out towards the sky like a soaring Wingull. The emotions were far too much to be stifled inside, as the Pokémon had no other choice but to take a deep breath and cheer out-

“PIIIICHU!”

He was flying!

Joining Sora in his bout of laughter, thankful for this tremendous gift of freedoms like no other and even more thankful to share it with none other than the keyblade wielder he held onto.

The excitement eventually began to die down as Pichu returned his grip onto Sora’s hair, keeping a watchful gaze of their surroundings. Meemee told them of the threats that lay in the air, and Pichu couldn’t deny their own lack of protection. Like a lone Wishiwashi caught in open seas, they need to heed any potential dangers that may come their way. A sentiment proved true by a sudden laser beam nearly shooting the two right out from the air! Pichu held on for dear life as Sora weaved out its way, the shot just narrowly missing them. With Sora’s warning Pichu nodded and braved himself for what was sure to be a bumpy ride.

As Sora maneuvered out of the way of another oncoming shot, Pichu couldn’t do anything save for holding on. With how unstable his electric attacks were, the last thing he wanted to do was accidentally shock either of them. Thankfully however, Sora could make up for Pichu, as he swiftly summoned his keyblade and dealt with their unknown foe, revealing it to be a strange eyeball shaped device.

Such a victory would quickly be made null as they found themselves surrounded by even more eyes, leaving it to Sora to try all he can to evade their continuous fire. With him so focused on the immediate threat however, Pichu would be the only one to notice the approaching castle, true to Meemee’s word. Yet at their speed he’d have no time to warn Sora when-!

*SLAM!*

“Piiiichuuuuuuu”

1688180749132.png

With Sora’s hardy skull acting as a barrier between Pichu and the wall, he thankfully wasn’t the one to take the brunt of the force, but that didn’t mean the sudden stop was anywhere near a pleasant experience to be had. After all, while slamming into a head full of hair was surely more favorable than brick, Pichu was still left with a killer headache as the two slowly slid down…down…down ...all the while Pichu's sympathy for Sora’s poor abused face only continued to grow.

Yet more importantly, Pichu shook his own daze away as he glanced downwards, praying to dear arceus above that they wouldn’t fall to their doom as soon as they reached the end of the wall. And thankfully, he answered and Pichu saw what appeared to be stable ground below, to which Pichu breathed a sigh of relief.

“Pi!-“

Only for that breath to be cut short as Sora, and therefore Pichu, collapsed onto the ground, the poor Pokémon momentarily squashed beneath Sora, nearly squishing the Pokémon into mush!

“Piiiiii Chu!”

Not a moment too soon Pichu was able to squeeze from out under the boy, thankful to live yet another day. And soon enough Sora eventually appeared to snap out from his daze, shouting out the little Pokémon’s name in a panic before quickly calming down upon seeing that he was relatively fine, asking him if he was alright as he returned to resting his face against the stone floor.

If anyone should be asking that, it was Pichu! But nevertheless he’d give a simple “Pichu pi” of confirmation as he gently nudged the boy’s arm. As much as he wanted to give Sora a break now was most certainly not the time, especially as they lied right smack dab in the middle of enemy territory. If those strange lasers were there to defend the castle’s perimeter, Pichu could only assume that the fortress' own defenses were all the stronger. They needed to be on high alert! Although the odds were slim, Pichu was well prepared to face whatever terrifyingly powerful guards and weapons that’d surely come their way in no time. Yes-

"Hello? Hello? Hey!"

….Maybe terrifying was an exaggeration. Though Pichu doubted this tiny little fairy could even be considered a guard at all. In fact, she seemed to display genuine concern for Sora, or well until she switched to scolding the boy for their reckless behavior.

“Pichu!”

Pichu snapped back, which just so happened to also double for his introduction. Shaking out his fur, he’d take to climbing up Sora’s body to reach the fairy’s height, plopping down onto the boy’s shoulder and giving her a mean stink eye. Yet, as the fairy examined his friend’s necklace, the glare melted away to an expression of confusion, tilting his head upon the fairy’s peculiar question.

A prince?

Pichu looked back at the boy and back towards the fairy. Where in the world did she get that idea from? But considering the situation, Pichu supposed the assumption was better than being treated as the stowaways they actually were. So, the little Pokémon looked over towards “Prince” Sora’s way.

Interactions: Ploegy Ploegy (Sora) GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow (Shiri)
Map TBA

yra / ythra

Pyra watched as Krook dropped onto all fours and began running towards her with his jaw at the ready. While she didn't want to rely on Mythra almost immediately, the situation had changed to favor the other aegis' fighting style. Her speed would fair much better against a rampant foe like this. She couldn't afford to take too many chances in this fight, especially while others lives were also at risk. She knew how Mythra felt towards that and she didn't want her other half thinking she could have done more if something were to happen.

With that in mind, Pyra allowed herself to swap places with Mythra, allowing the blonde to take full control. The instant she arrived, she triggered foresight and everything around her slowed. Such an effect only applied to her, but it gave her the information she needed to proceed forward. She could see where the attack was coming from and where it would occur. That was more than enough for her to act and pick her own actions properly.

Allowing time to return to normal for her, the aegis moved swiftly as the kremling came in for his attack. Today was no day to become croc food. Sliding across the wet, wooden deck, Mythra quickly pushed herself forward from the side. If she could pin him down, things might be easier, though she doubted such a task would come without its own complications. Even so, she had to try.

Her feet left the ground as she jumped mid sprint and aimed to land atop Krook's back and force him to the ground. The timing itself was difficult given how quickly the other was moving. Even with her own skill, Mythra couldn't easily pull it off and while she could see her own trajectory wasn't on point, she would make the most of it.

Slashing her sword downward at the back of the kremling's neck, the aegis hoped to land a painful blow onto her opponent. Despite the critical location she targeted, the slash wasn't meant to act as any kind of killing blow. It was simply an attempt to slow him down and turn the tides in her own favor. If she had wanted something to kill, she would have flared the ether on her blade more. Besides, she wasn't sure what their goal with Krook exactly was.

Landing once again- far past her desired target- Mythra swiftly turned to face her opponent again and held her sword up high. Like Pyra, her expression was cold- colder actually- but she didn't care all too much. He deserved every harsh look she could offer. Out of the corner of her eye though, she could see Toon Link's arrival, and while she should have been rejoiced, she couldn't help but find his "munity" a bit underwhelming to say the least. It seemed things hadn't panned out the way they had wanted it too. Perhaps it was good she had avoided the whole wedding scenario then. If this was what was supposed to save her then she would have felt doomed.

However, she thankfully hadn't chosen the route. Any help they could get in this chosen path her and Pyra had decided to walk was better than nothing. That she could accept, though she wished the others would come to their senses and realize it was now or never. Shaking her head, Mythra put the thought aside for now as she forced her mind back to the fight at hand.

1688767632270.png

The Lake Scientist confirmed their suspicions, as he helpfully explained the situation regarding Rayquaza, who after encountering a dubious bunch, had suddenly fallen ill, and retreated into the lake, only surfacing to breathe. If this were true, then the situation seemed to rhyme with what had befallen the Great Deku Tree before his own passing. Right, there wasn’t any doubt this was the work of Lunaris, which could only mean one thing. There was likely to be a Pillar with him, and hopefully if things went well, they could both cure the dragon and obtain the object. Yet, Zelda was doubtful it’d be as easy as that. She’d heard from the Pokémon trainers about the frightful power at Rayquaza’s disposal and based on Diddy King’s and Fox’s recounting of their prior battle against the beast during the age of Brawl, this was further evidence that taming the beast may be no easy feat, especially one that’s been brought to its last legs. As much as she felt for the creature, Zelda couldn’t deny the risk of danger that would certainly come with helping the beast. Despite all the risks she was still confident that if she and her friends worked together, they could help Rayquaza before it was too late.

Zelda gave a graceful nod and smile as she replied to the Scientist,

“Thank you dearly for the information. I’m confident Rayquaza’s ailment is connected to what we are looking for so we will do our best to heal him. It’s the least we could do for all that you have done for us“

She turned towards Nurse Joy, her eyes briefly falling upon Dark Pit and Pikachu’s resting bodies nearby. For a moment a frown fell onto her lips, as she faced what very well could be the results of her decision to prioritize the Pillars. Zelda thought the fighters would be able to handle the realm on their own, but if Dark Pit was in such a state and the original Pit seemingly in deep danger, had she underestimated the true danger her friends were in? Zelda squeezed her arm, forcing down the sudden bout of unease as she smiled towards the Nurse’s way.

“And thank you once more for looking after our friends. Dark Pit may have his… apprehensions towards letting others help him, but I’m sure he appreciates all that you and the doctor have done for him.”

Truthfully though, Dark Pit was indeed quite the enigma, and save for Pit and Palutena herself, she doubted any of the other fighters knew what went on in the angel’s mind. After all, most of the fellow tournament fighters lived in universes where the lines between all that was good and evil were black and white, Zelda herself no different. Compared to the stark contrasts of heroism and villainy like the Links and Ganondorfs or Marios and Bowsers of the world, Dark Pit seemed to exist completely outside of any measurable. Although certainly admirable in some ways, this made even the simple decision whether to put their faith in him one that could not be so easily answered.

Like a looming echo, Samus’ words rang in her mind.

But if there's even a hint any are in league with the enemy...

Zelda stopped herself before she could complete such a thought, the guilt of just even thinking such a terrible thing leaving a disgustingly bitter taste. For her own sake Zelda forced all thoughts away from the angel and instead refocused on Cream and the doctor, as the topic began to shift towards that of Lord Lunaris himself, the doctor providing some rather fascinating details concerning their foe, and most importantly how to confront him when the time was right. When the doctor suggested beating the information out from Lunaris’ forces, Zelda lightly laughed as Peach seemed to smirk at such an opportunity for violence.

“If we do come across some thugs in need of an old fashioned “whooping” we’ll be sure to keep that option in mind.”

Who wouldn’t want to see Princess Peach hit someone upside the head with a frying pan? Nevertheless, it seemed that if they wanted to gain the attention of Lunaris, they’d need to somehow learn the means to do so, whether it be from the citizens of Lumiose or Console City, or by simply beating it out of someone aligned with the Lord. However, despite the Doctor’s mention of her and Peach’s nobility possibly playing in their favor to schedule a meeting, Zelda pondered if that was truly an available option. Twirling a strand of hair, she mumbled to herself.

“…While we are nobles, wouldn’t our status as fugitives take precedence first? Though perhaps being nobility would give us more protection in gaining an audience…perhaps framing it as some kind of negotiation would lend us the benefit of not immediately being imprisoned…”

Well, Zelda supposed that option could be dealt with later, as there were more immediate issues to be handled. So, with another nod, she’d formally respond to the scientist.

“We’ll definitely make sure to keep all of this in mind. But for now-“

Zelda bent down towards the young Cream, patting her head as she smiled.

“Please help Nurse Joy and Peach watch over our two friends here, I’m sure they could use an extra set of hands.”

Next, as she stood back up, Zelda directed her attention specifically to Princess Peach, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“I’ll see if Samus has found anything of note yet. And once we find the pillar and heal Rayquaza I’ll make use of my telepathy to see if we can locate any more of our friends.”

Zelda fell quiet, a pensive frown pulling at the corners of her lips as she relented.

“….I was so fixated on finding the Pillars before contacting the others, but Dark Pit’s injuries have proved it was presumptuous of me to suggest they face the might of Lunaris and the Realm alone. And for that…I apologize”

Zelda gave a soft squeeze before letting Peach’s shoulder go. While that certainly didn’t clear all her guilt, the Hylian princess couldn’t deny that it felt good to at least air out her thoughts to her friend, even if for just a moment.

Interactions: Minako Minako (Princess Peach) GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow (Samus, Pikachu, Dark Pit, etc.) SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 (Cream the Rabbit)

1688782812028.png

Last edited:
Cream and Cheese
GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow SheepKing SheepKing Minako Minako
Cream listened to what princess Zelda had to say. She noddec to them." Of course! I will help them right away!" The young mobian rabbit ran to Nurse Joy and Peach while Cheese flew after her.
" Nurse Joy,Princess Peach,I would like to assist the both of you!" She asked.

Ganondorf

Ganondorf Ocarina of time.png

Interactions: ???

The Harsh sun beat down upon him as the winds kicked up sand across ancient brickwork that refused to yield despite its clear age his mighty cape bellowing in it, to some this weather would be practically unbearable and quite a harsh environment but as for himself, it was just a reminder of home and his goal to change that fact.

His Arrival at this unfamiliar desert ruin while not his intention when he stepped through the gateway to this world, it was certainly a shock as the last time something similar happened he got a divine beam for his troubles though if it was anything like his own world this place could hold a treasure of great power, and if it had already been taken? It would still be a great test to further hone his mind and body whether it be the traps and puzzles of the looming spire ahead or the frankly bizarre creatures between himself and it.

The “Things” he had encountered so far were quite frankly nonsensical even by the standards of Hyrule, diminutive Paper-thin multi-colored beings that fought in swarms, cycloptic orb-shaped constructs with drawn-on grins that reproduced rapidly, and a strange creature on wheels with a small round head and scythe-like hands attached to stick-thin arms.

They weren’t all that of a threat to himself aside from the aforementioned scythe-handed one, a warlock punch or wizard’s foot here a slam of his mighty sword there and they all had disappointedly crumbled under his might without much effort.

The image of what appeared to be a citadel or some form of castle soaring across the sky certainly had made him pause his advance but without any clear way of reaching it, he found it would probably be better to just take a mental note of it and stay focused on his current goals after all that and the last time he sought out something from the heavens it had nearly sealed his fate messing with anything potentially of the divine was better to be avoided in his eyes.

In slightly more optimistic news, the further he traveled the more brickwork and vegetation slowly started to encroach and replace the sandy dunes were clear signs of a potential water source and the potential of game to hunt to sustain himself even if it was things like the levers and like-likes of his homeland, on the other hand, the bizarre things he had been fighting had only become more plentiful and surprisingly more organized the closer he got and while that might make setting up camp quite difficult if anything it proved his hunch correct that something of value was within these ruins.

This challenge did nothing to snuff out the fire in him quite the opposite in fact for fortune favored the bold and surely great fortune lay ahead, with an eager grin his gaze lay on the grounds that may hold what he had been journeying to this world for all this time.

Last edited:
ora

Location: Citadel -> Battlefield Fortress | Interactions: SheepKing SheepKing
GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow
Letting a sigh of relief slip from his lips, Sora was glad to know Pichu was fine through the entire situation. That was one less problem for him to worry about. His own pain was what he could focus on, though there wasn't much he could do for it. His own healing magic probably could relieve some of his pain, but it wouldn't fix it all.

Pushing himself up from the ground, the keyblade wielder struggled to bring himself to a sitting position. While a majority of the pain was centered in his head, his upper body had taken some of the impact as well, causing small movements of his shoulders and arms to strain him. Groaning in agony, Sora brought a hand up and rubbed his temples, still trying to shake the dizziness from his mind. Even if he was conscious, he certainly wasn't all there. His mind was still hazy thanks to its throbbing. Shiri's voice almost wasn't enough to pull him to his reality. Luckily- or perhaps unluckily- between the pitch of her voice and her scolding, the boy shook the stars from his vision.

"Huh...?"

Eyes shifting to the pink ball in front of his face, the teen blinked a few times before he realized that said ball was what was speaking to him. Confusion washed over his features as Sora pulled his face back and gave himself a better look. It was a fairy. What was a fairy doing in his face? The look in his eyes seemed blank as his mind slowly began to process through everything. What had happened again? Right... he had been flying, then...

Rubbing at his temples again, Sora started to get lost in his own mind as he replayed through the events that had brought him to where they currently were. However, Pichu's snap back caused him to be drawn back to reality once more.

"I didn't mean to alarm anyone..." he began. Luckily, his mind had somewhat processed the fairy's bombardment of questions, though he was still frazzled over his crash landing. "I didn't even-"

Sora would have continued but the fairy's next question immediately cut him off. Again, he found himself confusion- a feeling he seemed to share with Pichu. "Prince...?"

What had sparked that idea? Sora hardly would consider himself one of "princely" nature. He was no Marth. His clothes were far from what royalty wore as well, or at least that was what he had thought. Maybe princes did wear clothes that looked to be too short on them. What would he know. It didn't matter anyways. What was said afterwards was of much higher priority. Remaining silent, the realization of their situation began to settle in. The lord this fairy spoke of must have been the "owner of the castle" Meemee had spoken of. That meant...

Sora's eyes widened. Everything hit him quickly and panic rose in his chest. This was bad... Not just bad, but REALLY bad... No, REALLY SUPER DUPER bad. They were in enemy territory, with all of them on high guard thanks to his accidental triggering of security. The only saving grace was this fairy not immediately turning the two of them in. How long would that last though? If they agreed to leave, would she even let them? Was leaving even their best option?

So many questions, yet Sora couldn't find a single answer. His mind was rattled. Anxiety crept in causing a wild look to become present in his eyes. It was an emotion he hardly showed, but it wasn't one he was immune to- fear. He couldn't afford to be afraid, but now, in the moment he felt it. The pounding footsteps echoing out and the cries of the nobles hardly helped. They only distracted his mind further.

What to do? What can I do? THINK THINK THINK!

Sora's mind was screaming as it searched for an answer to his problems. There was no silence for him. All the noises outside and inside made it impossible to think straight. His brows furrowed in frustration, but before he could even think of letting a scream of his own out, he bit his tongue. Screaming now would only draw attention which was exactly what he couldn't afford to do.

Be calm... Relax...

His shoulders dropped as he took in a deep breath. The panic and frustration washed from his face before being replaced with a sheepish expression.

"I'm sorry I caused all this," Sora finally spoke. "We aren't here to see your lord. Actually..." His voice trailed off as he stopped himself from saying something completely unnecessary. The last thing he needed to do was blurt out that they were likely enemies. Painting a target like that on his back would only cause bigger issues. "We were just passing by... And we should probably leave before things get worse. I'm sure it'd only be more of a headache for you if we stayed!"

He couldn't afford to wait for some kind of answer. He needed to leave. Escaping was his solution. While it was cowardly, he knew they were well in over their heads if he and Pichu stormed the castle. And with it unsuspectedly moving rather quickly now, it was likely their best chance to escape and avoid confrontation with its owner. Glancing at Pichu, Sora gave the rodent a look that suggested he hold on. It was all he could do.

"Bye now! And sorry again for the trouble!"

Scrambling to his feet, Sora bolted forward. While he had no clue where the Citadel's edge was, he needed to find it and quickly! His escape didn't go without notice though. The panicked nobles had spotted him and raised suspicion, which turned the attention of a group of alloys in their direction. He didn't dare turn to face them. He simply kept running. What he was doing was probably one of the worst solutions he could have come up with, yet he had chosen it. As he continued on, his breathing became heavy and he occasionally glanced back towards their pursuers, seeing them closing in. Luckily for them, the edge was closer.

"HOLD ON!" he bellowed out as he launched himself forward.

No longer was there ground beneath them- only the air. The pair immediately began free falling, though unlike last time, Sora's magic didn't kick in. The pair were left to fall at alarming speeds. Sora could feel the panic rising in his chest once again.

"PREPARE FOR A CRASH LANDING!"

Pulling Pichu from his shoulder with one hand, Sora held him tightly to his chest as he turned to have his back face downward. In the other hand, he manifested his keyblade- instantly having it conjure an aero shield. While it would likely shatter from the impact, it could at least lessen the damage to himself. Once the shield was up, he despawned his key and moved his arm to join in protecting Pichu.

SLAM!

The shield dissipated on impact and caused dust to fly up around them. Sora cried out as well, but luckily the damage taken was far less than what he had taken upon crashing into the castle. Still, the pain crept up his spine and caused his face to crinkle up. His hold on Pichu loosened up as well and his arms released the electric rodent before they dropped into the dirt.

"Man... This sucks... I need to stop crashing like this..."

Pikachu, Dark Pit, & Samus
Where: The Lake Shore
With: Princess Peach ( Minako Minako ), Princess Zelda ( SheepKing SheepKing ), Cream & Cheese ( SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 )

Pikachu's round brown eyes looked up to the night sky. Her heart soared among the twinkling stars. Was Pichu healthy and well? Was he also looking up at the stars and missing her just as much as she missed him? Why, oh why, didn't she keep a closer eye on the little rascal? Pikachu had to stay hopeful! Maybe Pichu found a trainer, a kind human who took him far away from this world and its troubles. The thought of never seeing her little brother again pained the Electric Mouse's already broken heart, but she considered it the best case scenario. At least he would be safe.

A growl from Dark Pit drew Pikachu and Nurse Joy's concern. The good nurse had placed a pillow behind his head and draped a blanket around him, yet the angel's condition seemed to be worsening. Joy knew it wasn't unusual for fevers to occur as a result of head injuries, but Dark Pit's restlessness in his slumber told her something else was amiss. To be sure, she took out a pokeball.

"Audino, come out!"

The pokeball opened to reveal the Hearing Pokemon. At a nod from Nurse Joy, Audino approached the reflection and, taking hold of one of her feelers, placed it to Dark Pit's heart. "Audino can use the feelers on her ears to assess one's feelings and condition," Nurse Joy explained to the Super Smash Sisters. She suddenly gasped, startled as Audino let out a terrified cry and ran behind her trainer, curling up into a ball and clapping her hands over her ears.

"Audino, what's wrong?" Joy asked, the worry clear on her features. Audino remained curled up and shuddered. The nurse looked to the other women. "Something has Audino frightened! I can't make sense of it."

When Cream offered to help, Nurse Joy managed a smile down at the rabbit girl. As a nurse, she had to keep herself under control. It wouldn't do to scare the child! "Why, yes, there is a way you can help, dear. Would you bring me a bowl of water and a cloth, please?"

Truthfully, Nurse Joy was at a loss as to what more she could possibly do for the black angel. The only conclusion she could come to based on Audino's response was that some strange affliction had befallen Dark Pit. Whether his head injury was the cause of it, or exacerbated it, she didn't know. The only thing she could do for him now was keep him cool and comfortable, and hope that the Smash Brother would pull through it. "If I could Mega Evolve Audino, she would be able to ease his distress and put him into a deeper sleep, but my Key Stone has gone missing." The nurse sighed. "If I had it, I can also use it to summon Rayquaza from the lake."

Far to the west, out into the sea, Pneuma expelled the negative energies that held Pit in thrall.

Pikachu's ears rose as she felt Dark Pit relax. Peace had fallen over the angel, his growls softening to slow, steady breaths. Pikachu sighed in relief. She didn't understand it, but she knew Dark Pit would be alright. She curled up and rested her head on her paws. Now she can get some sleep herself. It was pretty late!

"Ah, one more thing, Princesses," the scientist said as Zelda was about to check up on Samus. "You'll be able to identify Lunaris's followers by the emblem they wear: a grinning face of silver and gold, same as the mask the man himself wears."

Her investigation of the lake finished, Samus was returning to the group when an unsettling high-pitched giggle came from the darkness of the nearby trees. "Hm-hm-hm-hm-hm... Lunaris, 'of the Moon,' and a mask of silver and gold. ... How curious..."

Pikachu immediately raised her head, the strange voice disturbing her rest. Faster than a blink of an eye, Samus had her arm cannon aimed at the trees where stood the enigmatic Happy Mask Salesman. Pikachu's ears flattened against her head fearfully, perturbed by the man's seemingly frozen grin. At being held at cannon-point, the Happy Mask Salesman raised his hands in an attempt to be disarming.

"Oh! Please, excuse my nosiness! I am a traveler in search of masks. I am the owner of the Happy Mask Shop. I was passing by and overheard your conversation... and I couldn't help but be reminded of an old story. If you would please indulge me for a moment... I would like to share this story with you. After all... there is wisdom to be found in old legends." The Happy Mask Salesman turned his gaze to Princess Zelda. "... I'm sure you would agree, Princess?"

The strange man clapped his hands together. "This legend is about the Night Dragon.

In the distant past, when dragons flew in the skies of Hyrule, the kingdom was abundant with magic. It was so plentiful that it was believed even the commonfolk knew a spell or two to make their daily toils easier. This was the work of the Night Dragon, also known as the Star Weaver, the Guardian of Magic, and the Bringer of Dreams and Omens. Every night he flew over Hyrule, filling the dark sky with color and new constellations that guided the people, and banishing nightmares that plagued their slumber.

One day, tragedy befell the kingdom. Hyrule's beloved princess was afflicted with the Sleeping Sickness, an ailment that affected those who could see omens through dreams. Those stricken with the Sleeping Sickness were trapped in their visions, unable to awaken... and many never do.

The King did everything in his power to awaken his cherished daughter. He sought the most powerful healers, oracles, and mages, and even traveled to the fairy fountains to find a cure, but nothing could free the princess from her dreams. Desperate, the King ordered his Champion Knight and his Royal Wizard to seek the Night Dragon. The King had grown to hate the Night Dragon, blaming him for the princess's condition. He was certain the Night Dragon held the cure for his daughter's affliction... and he was determined to get it!

The Knight and the Wizard journeyed far until they found the lair of the Night Dragon. It was day time, and the great beast was in deep slumber. The Wizard, full of the same love and grief for the princess as the King, used his great magical powers to subdue the Night Dragon... and extracted his Spark, the source of a dragon's power... their 'heart.'

His Spark stolen from him, the Night Dragon changed. His body became a twisted shell of what it once was, barely able to hold itself together. His breath became blight. His mind, once full of love for the people and magic, was filled with feverish hatred and vengeance! The Knight and the Wizard had no choice but to slay the beast.

With the new, awesome power taken from the Night Dragon, the Wizard and the Knight returned to Hyrule, and with it they were able to awaken the princess. The kingdom rejoiced, but the princess's revival came at a heavy cost. Without the Night Dragon, much of Hyrule's magic faded away, and those with the ability to use magic will always be tempted with corruption.
"

Finishing the tale, the Happy Mask Salesman was silent a moment before speaking once more. "There is an artifact from those days: a mask of silver and gold, believed to have been made from the remains of the Night Dragon, and given to the Royal Wizard as a reward for his service. My... would I be happy to have that mask in my possession...

... The tale I shared isn't a happy one, but I am sure knowing it will be helpful to you. Maybe from the ashes of that tragedy... new happiness can come forth. I have faith in you."

Without waiting for the group to speak, the Happy Mask Salesman turned to go. "I must continue on my travels. Farewell... Oh! One more thing..." He regarded Zelda again. "... I've heard say that dragons cannot tell lies."

With another chuckle, the Happy Mask Salesman vanished into the darkness of the woods.

Samus lowered her cannon. What an... odd man. While there was something disturbing about the Salesman, Samus could not sense any ill intent behind his words. His pointed ears revealed him as a Hylian, and so the Huntress turned her gaze to Zelda, wanting to hear her thoughts.

Last edited:
Professor Layton & Luke, Lord Lunaris
Where: The Battlefield Fortress
With: Byleth & Sora ( Ploegy Ploegy ), Shez ( megar megar ), Pichu ( SheepKing SheepKing )

Shiri was silenced by Pichu's indignant squeak. Taking note of Sora's dazed expression, the fairy realized this may not be the time for a scolding. Ashamed of letting her stress get to her, she softened her tone as she addressed Sora. "Are you okay? Do you need help?"

She flew around the teen's head as she inspected it and his eyes for signs of injury, considering taking the strange boy to Odessa for treatment. Unfortunately, Shiri lacked the healing powers of the Fountain Fairies. She was a Guardian Fairy: her purpose was to guide and protect her charge, and provide them with companionship. Thankfully, it seemed medical attention was not needed as the boy seemed to snap out of his daze and express that it wasn't his intention to cause trouble.

Both the Pokemon and the boy appeared confused at Shiri's inquiry about them being royalty. Sora wore a necklace with a crown amulet and a matching chain on his belt. His clothes were certainly unusual to the fairy. Was he not a prince? Who was he then?

She never got an answer as Sora, realizing the situation he was in, became alarmed and admitted that he wasn't even supposed to be there. After giving her another apology, he took off with Pichu in tow!

"W-wait!" Shiri, startled by Sora's sudden departure, called out. She flew after the teen, avoiding panicking nobles and vigilant guardsmen as she did. She didn't want them to be put into more trouble by their recklessness. Surely, she would be able to arrange a means to get them off the Flying Citadel with merely a warning. "Please stop!"

Shiri and the pursuing guards skidded to a halt at the citadel's edge, horror on their faces (the ones that had faces, anyway) as Sora plummeted through the clouds. Shiri was very upset. Believing Sora and Pichu to have met their end, the pink ball of light sobbed. So distressed she was that she didn't even notice the Meteor, nor the cries of the citadel's inhabitants as they pleaded for their lord to save them!

Before Layton could respond to Byleth, Luke, upon seeing something fall from the airship, threw caution to the wind and ran off to check it out.

"Luke!" Layton shouted, an arm outstretched. "Wait!"

Professor and apprentice ran in the direction of the airship, Luke well ahead of his mentor. By the time Layton had caught up with Luke, the boy had found what, or who, had fallen from the sky.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked Sora, alarmed to find that a person had fallen from the sky! Spotting Pichu, Luke knelt before the small Pokemon and gently took him into his arms. He had a big heart toward animals, and even possessed the ability to speak to and understand them. "Aww, you poor thing! Are you alright?"

With Luke seeing to Pichu, Layton focused his attention on the fallen teen. Kneeling beside Sora, the Professor put a careful hand on his chest to encourage him to lay still. Until he was certain of Sora's condition, he didn't want him moving. He spoke, his tone soft and genuine in its concern. "Easy, boy. Are you hurt?"

The Flying Citadel continued on its charted course at rapid speed, flying past the Battlefield Fortress, past the Wilds, and past the Ruins. Lord Lunaris stood out on the massive balcony outside his private quarters, eyes fixated on the Meteor. He could hear the desperate cries of the citizenry but did not address them. He will deal with this Meteor; he had no desire to rule over ashes! As the citadel came upon the Military Base, Lunaris's eyes landed on the man responsible for the impending danger: the One-Winged Angel, Sephiroth!

Lunaris had once considered trying to make an ally of the legendary swordsman, as he did Ridley and Bowser, but one look at the man was all he needed to know that it would have been a foolish endeavor. Lunaris could sense his cold insanity, and his ambition to destroy all he came upon. Sephiroth was dangerous, too dangerous, and needed to be taken out like a mad dog.

The sorcerer's face was unreadable behind the mask, but magical energies sparked and crackled around his enchanted gauntlets. Even with all his power, Lunaris knew this would be a hard-fought battle. How long would he even last, his condition being what it was? He banished the thought. Doubts would do him no good.

Moved by his will, the Golden Eyes that protected the Flying Citadel stopped their orbit, took aim at the Meteor, and fired their lasers. Lunaris, without a word, extended his left hand and shot a bolt of pure destructive, arcane energies at Sephiroth. The first shot had been fired!

Noctis and Prompto
Ploegy Ploegy Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat SheepKing SheepKing
Noctis and Prompto did their on the battlefield,fending off the pesky polygons.
Noctis was surprised to see the cat like being that hangs with Joker coming to him and asking him to stand still so he could heal him.
Noctis only nodded. He felt and noticed energy around him. It felt good. Better then any potion. "Thanks little guy!" The prince said to Morgana.
"Noct!" Prompto cried. He noticed a wave of polygon fighters running toward them.
The next events were even more shocking.
"Is Joker getting a new power?" Prompto asked.
Both the prince and his brother witnessed the rampage as the polygon were getting destroyed by the Phantom thief.
To Noctis this was stronger the Armiger and the power of all the Astrals combined.

Fortunatly,it stopped and Ren seemed back to normal. At Ann's demands they went to meet with Joker.
"Don't scare us like that,ojay Dude?" Prompto said to Ren.
-------'
Cream the rabbit
GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow SheepKing SheepKing Minako Minako
"I'll will get sime right away!" Cream replied. She went to look for a bowl of water and towel,only to return with the items a few minutes later. She handed them to Nurse Joy.

Toon Link & Pit
Where: The Black Scourge, in the sea
With: Pyra/Mythra ( Ploegy Ploegy )

Krook cried out in pain as Mythra landed on his back and landed a painful blow with her sword. It was due to his thick, scaly hide that he wasn't taken out right then and there. Snarling, red eyes flaring with rage, he twisted his flexible body to face Mythra and rose to his feet, abnormally long tail swishing to and fro. The sword reappeared in his hand and he charged with a yell. His sword was a blur as he slashed and thrusted at the Aegis, intending on keeping her on her toes and busy with parrying him as his wicked brain thought up a plan. His eyes caught sight of a barrel behind Mythra and smirked.

A Kremling popped out of the barrel and reached out to grab Mythra!

Pit broke cover to fire his pistol at the Kremlings. He ducked, the pained cry of a pirate confirming to him that his shot had hit its target. Pit could feel the impact as the other two reptiles fired their blunderbusses upon the counter that acted as his cover.

"Quit wastin' yer ammo, fools!" Kudgel shouted from above. As soon as they stopped firing, he leaped down the hole to join them. The cook groaned and sat up, the debris falling off of him when Kudgel landed on top of him, promptly knocking the unlucky kroc back out. Kudgel didn't even notice as he raised his massive club overhead.

Pit only needed to hear the large taskmaster's voice and feel him hit the floor to know he needed to move! Without a moment's hesitation, he rolled forward, barely avoiding the club as the counter was smashed into splinters. Swiftly rising to his feet, Pit turned and jumped over the spiked clubhead, and up Kudgel's arm. The Upperdash Arm reappearing, Pit let out a fearsome yell as he put his whole being into a vicious right-hook that he could swear caused the Kremling's head to turn a whole 180 degrees! Kudgel spun around dizzily and fell onto the Kremling riflemen, the two only managing to let out one brief shriek. Pit slammed the Upperdash Arm into Kudgel's stomach to make absolutely sure he wasn't getting back up before walking out of the galley.

The angel captain was exhausted, but there was no time to rest. He had to help Pyra! Where was Toon Link? Did he manage to get that mutiny together? Pit had no time to ponder as he felt his feathers rise, and when his feathers rose, that meant danger! He looked down in surprise as an aiming cursor suddenly appeared on his chest.

"GET OUT!" a rough, disembodied voice shouted.

"That is NOT good!" Pit tore down the orlop hold as the cursor followed and hovered over his person. He either needed to get off of the deck or find shelter, and fast! There was an evil laugh, and Pit dove into a forward roll. He heard gunfire behind him. The cursor reappeared on Pit's body, and he knew he couldn't afford to look behind him. Sensing another shot coming, he took cover behind a large pile of folded spare sails. As soon as he heard the gunfire, he broke cover and kept running. Up ahead he could see the stairs that led to the gun deck. Almost there...!

Pit heard the familiar click of a gun about to fire and he once again took cover, this time behind a crate. As he fell to a crouch, Pit spotted the painting that labeled the crate's contents. His eyes widened.

He was behind a crate of orange grenades!

Pit was barely able to summon his Guardian Orbiters as he was engulfed in flames!

There was a BOOM as an explosion tore apart the port side of the Black Scourge. Pirates and captives alike screamed out as the force knocked them about, some unfortunate souls sent flying into the violently churning seas. Even Krook was knocked off his feet, the Kap'n' tumbling away from Mythra as the bow of the galleon took a sudden dive forward. The captive sailors burst onto the main deck, having been driven out from below by the explosion and gushes of water that came afterward.

Toon Link was also thrown off the ship, along with the Zora girl. Thinking quickly, the Hylian swordsman took hold of her arm with one hand and used the other to aim and fire his handy-dandy hookshot. Pulled back to the ship, Toon Link allowed the girl to use him to climb back aboard before he took out his Wind Waker. His sharp, pointed ears heard the creaking and crackling; the ship was going to break apart! He must stop the winds now, or everyone will be falling into the stormy waters!

Hanging off the ship, Toon Link waved the baton, putting his full concentration into the task. Twice he had to start over as a powerful wave or wind caused him to swing and lose his focus. As he heard the disembodied voices of a heavenly choir, he knew the baton was working its magic. The winds began to die down and the waters started to calm. Satisfied, Toon Link put away the baton and pulled himself back aboard. Already, the captive crew of the Black Scourge were scrambling to get into lifeboats. The Zola kept the Kremlings locked in battle. The incoming destruction of the Kremling galleon meant nothing to them; they were in their element regardless!

With an earsplitting crack, the Black Scourge broke in half, and the innards of the ship began filling with water! Krook, standing on the ship's bow, screeched his rage to the heavens.

Toon Link found Mythra and tugged on her hand. "C'mon!"

They had to get off!

Peachborder.png
Peachborder2.png

Princess Peach

The Mushroom Princess was so deep in thought that, for a moment, the wise Hylian Princess would find Peach flinched in startlement for a moment but then blush and look bashfully at Zelda's feet for being so jumpy (The Mushroom Princess had forgotten that she was not alone, but among friends). Despite that, Peach intently listened to Zelda and solemnly nodded at her suggestion: Dividing and conquering, for now, didn't seem like a bad idea at all.

Zelda was right.

Zelda was right about nearly everything.

Not surprising coming from the one wielding the triforce of wisdom. Sometimes, if the Pink Princess was honest with herself, she was a little envious of Zelda's natural wisdom... What monarch wouldn't want such a vast pool of insight to draw from when governing their kingdom?

Though Peach supposed that brought Zelda more trouble than it was worth with Ganondorf constantly being after her (and, to an extent, her Link as well!) FOR that very reason.

At least Bowser would give it up if Peach died and ever came back as someone else... She couldn't imagine having an eternal enemy that kept coming after her no matter how many times she died and was reincarnated... Heh... Well... That also came with a LOVE that constantly kept coming with her to the following life, so mayhap that canceled out?

Would Peach be willing to forever have to deal with Bowser if it meant she could always be with Mario?

As much as she detested that block-headed Koopa King, she WAS grateful to him: It was because of him that she was able to meet Mario, after all.

It must be incredible to have such a deep love that they even find you in the next life... What Peach wouldn't give to have that with Mario...

She felt a little bad to be a tad jealous of her friends' situation deep down inside, especially when Zelda was probably as fed up (if not even MORE fed up) with Ganondorf as she was Bowser.

When Zelda apologized Peach vehemently shook her head in disagreement, however:

"N-no! No... You're no more to blame than I... We can't do this by ourselves, and I also thought Dark Pit's presence meant something..." Peach murmured sheepishly, not wanting Zelda to take all the blame for this when there was plenty of blame to share.

She sighed heavily as Zelda exited the makeshift hospital in the lab, looking down at the ground guiltily. She really should be fighting those feelings MORE, even if she didn't act on them. It wasn't fair to Zelda.

After a moment to collect herself and shake the bad thoughts from her head, which was quite easy to do when there was such a cute bunny child from her friends' world (who was also his friend) to help the Nurse take care of their (hopefully) future ally. Cream was a good girl and it was no wonder Sonic was friends with her and her strange but cute little pastel blue companion.

"I'd like to help you look for this Key Stone, if that's alright: Could you please describe how it looked like?" The pink princess offered up her services as well, feeling like she needed to make herself useful.

"Hm?" She muttered when she suddenly heard what she thought sounded like someone approaching the Lab and then.... talking....? Uh oh, whoever's voice that was disturbed Pikachu enough to wake her up and cause her to go towards it...

Was everything alright?

It was probably Samus and Zelda, back from their investigation... There was a small chance they could have come back with the missing Key Stone, but it was doubtful as they most likely could not identify it... But...

If it WAS Zelda and Samus returning then why did Pikachu jump towards the entrance and begin acting strangely???

"Girls? Is that you? Everything ok?" Peach called out cautiously as she took a step forward, towards the sounds and the entrance, but didn't quite leave Dark Pits, Creams, and the Nurse's side.

The Lake Shore

Interactions:

GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow (Samus, Nurse Joy, Pikachu, Dark Pit, Lake Scientist, and Happy Mask Salesman), SheepKing SheepKing (Princess Zelda), and SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 (Cream & Cheese)​

Last edited:
yra / ythra

While her attack had been success and she managed to land on her feet again, Mythra hardly had time to prep herself for the kremling's next attack. Even with her foresight, he was on her quickly and she was only able to meet his sword with her own. No tricks, no surge of light, just regular attacks. Her blade kept up with Krook's as the pair moved across the deck. Despite how aware she was, nothing could have prepared her from a kremling to jump out from a nearby barrel and grab her.

Taken by surprise, the aegis had no time to try and escape. She was immediately held by the hidden assailant. Struggling against his hold, Mythra growled and squirmed about, but even her own strength wasn't enough. The more she fought, the tighter the croc's arms were against her. It was as if he planned to crush her. Still, she fought on even as she began desperately gasping for air. She couldn't give in. Losing here was not an option, even if it meant fighting until she passed out. Mythra was more than willing to do such a thing.

Jabbing her elbows sharply into the kremling, the blonde's struggle would continue on for a moment longer until a loud BOOM echoed out. The sudden explosion caused her captor to let down his guard and with one quick kick to the shin followed by another jab of her elbow, the aegis was able to break free.

Mythra stumbled forward, gasping her air as her body tried to recover. Even that was something she hardly had time to do. The cries of the captives panicking as they rushed about was more than enough to cause her hazy gaze to flicker around as she tried to assess the situation. Despite how disastrous her situation was, the blade hardly seemed panicked herself. Maybe she was too dazed to do such. One look at her and it was obvious her gaze was distance, though she was doing her best to keep it together.

The aegis would have likely been lost if Toon Link's voice hadn't reached her. Turning her head to look towards the Hylian, Mythra gave a small nod of her head. She understood what he was suggesting, though where could they go? The lifeboats were likely their only option, but would that put the captives at risk? She wasn't sure, and she didn't want to risk it either, but what choice did she have? Returning to the bottom of a sea wasn't exactly what she wanted to do. Five hundred years of that had been more than enough for her.

"Go ahead," she finally spoke. "I'll be right behind you... I'm going to make sure we're not followed."

There was no telling if there was truth to those words. Mythra knew that much, but she needed to make them believable. She needed to assure the others at least got to safety even if her own wasn't guaranteed. It was the least she could do after all the pain she had brought to people of her own world. If she could save people for once, then that was exactly what she would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back