• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
LOL I feel you in the just thing though. It may not be in my rp posts as much but when I write ooc I type just and like so damn much. But you’re too kind to me. I really appreciate it ❤️
They're filler words and I think it's pretty bad of a habit to use them but it's so difficult not to :,)
Again don't mention it, Plo, just sayin the truth 💗
Ploegy Ploegy i echo ever in saying who gives a damn in what people think you have a talent I enjoy your posts. I tend to write like and too much I’m guilty for it Forevermore Forevermore
IT'S SO HARD NOT TO! And with speaking too, I almost sound like a valley girl with how much I use the word like

They're filler words and I think it's pretty bad of a habit to use them but it's so difficult not to :,)

IT'S SO HARD NOT TO! And with speaking too, I almost sound like a valley girl with how much I use the word like
Gos fr it’s hard not to I feel you

I just realized that I'm caught up with my posts for once...Huzzah! 🙌
I can make a post for the Church of Duality!
Or make a post for the Smash Hunters reaction to Lunaris placing bounties on the Smash Bros.
Hmmmmm.... Which should I do? 🤔

I just realized that I'm caught up with my posts for once...Huzzah! 🙌
I can make a post for the Church of Duality!
Or make a post for the Smash Hunters reaction to Lunaris placing bounties on the Smash Bros.
Hmmmmm.... Which should I do? 🤔
👀 church of duality

Now you have me questioning if I use them a lot in my actual posts LOL. I actually don’t know. Not that it matters much lol

Perhaps. Shiz IS gonna get R E A L once we get there
Ohh 😈 hype
Evil Plan Reaction GIF by Meme World of Max Bear

Yeah, I've seen in some media that Hylians can indeed move their ears, but I don't think to a very extensive degree. I also believe they move because of emotions, like Kameron said.
For example, they tilt slightly if they're confused, perk up when excited or surprised, or twitch with anxiety or fear.
I like to think they can in response to intense emotional reactions
Likely!

I wonder if Hylians can move their ears like that? XD

Definitely don’t source me on this but if I had to guess I think most examples of ear movements would probably be from the mangas where it’d be easier to exaggerate expressions like that In a bit I’ll go look through a chapter or two of a couple of the books see if I can find any examples or if I’m just completely misremembering lmao My own personal headcanon has been that in general most can move them, but it depends what era/game said hylians comes from. So like maybe during eras like wind waker or spirit tracks where they have much smaller and stouter ears, maybe that makes it harder for the average hylian to move compared to the hylians of ocarina of time who are usually depicted with much longer and thinner ones 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I figured Hylians would be able to manipulate their ears somewhat, such as the ears slightly drooping when sad or perking up when happy, but I don't think they can swivel them forward like I did with Lunaris's ear in the doodle. But it's supposed to be a silly 10-minute doodle and I'm just overthinking it. XD

TWILIGHT PRINCESS
So to begin I looked through the first four chapters of the twilight princess manga to see if I could get any strong examples of ear movement (Preferably a set of panels that showcase an exaggerated and intentionally drawn movement of the ears). While I didn’t get as concrete proof as I wanted, there were still a couple of panels that may suggest that Akira Himekawa was shifting their angle in certain scenes in order to convey emotion. And, there was at least one case of what might have been lopsided ears (although in context it could also have been Link’s ears moving with the wind instead)

1712370445999.png

FOUR SWORDS
I figured the next best place to look could be four swords, since with the issue of finding a way to differentiate the links in a black and white manga might hold more potential for more examples of exaggerated ear expressions. Just like with tp I looked at the first four chapters to see if I could find anything noteworthy. In general there seemed to be a bit more variation in how ears were angled, but I actually find it way more interesting at how the ear shapes in general can vary so strongly between characters. Like, look at Zelda in the left compared to the one on the upper right of her with shadow link where her ears going from being super rounded to being super sharp! And then with characters like the sages or Link’s father, they’re ears are drawn far more similarly to how Hylian ears are usually drawn in the other game adaptations, which kinda makes them feel almost out of place lol

1712372027478.png

CONCLUSION
I think I just misremembered the level of ear exaggeration from the manga, as most examples of possible ear movement were pretty subtle to the point where I had to debate if they were just drawn from a different angle or were intentionally showcasing movement. However, I looked at a very, very, very small sample size so there could definitely be some better proof out there! But, it was still pretty neat how the manga author seemed to occasionally use ear sharpness in order to convey aspects of a character, so it wasn’t a total lost lol

BONUS

I was too lazy to actually go back and reread the first few chapters of Alttp but I just want to say that that I think it’s very cute how these Zelda and Link’s ears point so upwards compared to other incarnations. Zelda and Link are rabbits confirmed/j🐰 🐰

1712372619236.png

Last edited:
TWILIGHT PRINCESS
So to begin I looked through the first four chapters of the twilight princess manga to see if I could get any strong examples of ear movement (Preferably a set of panels that showcase an exaggerated and intentionally drawn movement of the ears). While I didn’t get as concrete proof as I wanted, there were still a couple of panels that may suggest that Akira Himekawa was shifting their angle in certain scenes in order to convey emotion. And, there was at least one case of what might have been lopsided ears (although in context it could also have been Link’s ears moving with the wind instead)

View attachment 1155371

FOUR SWORDS
I figured the next best place to look could be four swords, since with the issue of finding a way to differentiate the links in a black and white manga might hold more potential for more examples of exaggerated ear expressions. Just like with tp I looked at the first four chapters to see if I could find anything noteworthy. In general there seemed to be a bit more variation in how ears were angled, but I actually find it way more interesting at how the ear shapes in general can vary so strongly between characters. Like, look at Zelda in the left compared to the one on the upper right of her with shadow link where her ears going from being super rounded to being super sharp! And then with characters like the sages or Link’s father, they’re ears are drawn far more similarly to how Hylian ears are usually drawn in the other game adaptations, which kinda makes them feel almost out of place lol

View attachment 1155376

CONCLUSION
I think I just misremembered the level of ear exaggeration from the manga, as most examples of possible ear movement were pretty subtle to the point where I had to debate if they were just drawn from a different angle or were intentionally showcasing movement. However, I looked at a very, very, very small sample size so there could definitely be some better proof out there! But, it was still pretty neat how the manga author seemed to occasionally use ear sharpness in order to convey aspects of a character, so it wasn’t a total lost lol

BONUS

I was too lazy to actually go back and reread the first few chapters of Alttp but I just want to say that that I think it’s very cute how these Zelda and Link’s ears point so upwards compared to other incarnations. Zelda and Link are rabbits confirmed/j🐰 🐰

View attachment 1155378
Thank you for your research into this topic!

I've also noticed that ALTTP Hylians tend to have ears pointing upward while other games have them be more horizontal. I like the idea of some Hylians (such as in one of my Ianthe drawings) having an awkward ear phase during their childhood where one sticks upward while the other stays low.

Lol maybe the ears sticking up is how Zelda is able to tell that Lunaris came from her world specifically rather than the worlds of the other Links and Zeldas!

The artwork of Zelda reminds me of Kira from The Dark Crystal.

1712373520286.png

You know it’s random share time with yours truly and us Persona fans got this last week and this intro goes too hard and is too well done for some mobile game that may never release in the West maybe they are sparing me from how confusing this story is cuz all the beta info released makes it confusing as hell plus I do not need to suffer gatcha hell for Joker LOL

A certain Joker may look familiar in this. I totally don’t know why

You know it’s random share time with yours truly and us Persona fans got this last week and this intro goes too hard and is too well done for some mobile game that may never release in the West maybe they are sparing me from how confusing this story is cuz all the beta info released makes it confusing as hell plus I do not need to suffer gatcha hell for Joker LOL

A certain Joker may look familiar in this. I totally don’t know why

Obviously I don't have a stake in this, but I do wonder what is different enough about this group that they are the focus of the new game instead of the Phantom Thieves. Hopefully these characters are their own thing and not just the Phantom Thieves in a different coat of paint.

After watching that, one of the video links that followed is that of P5 Tactica where Joker ponders marriage and shows all of the options. I was like, "Wait, I had Pit experience this in the RP!" XD Too bad I hadn't seen that sooner because I would've been very tempted to make an art piece for that post as a reference, if the game was even out by that time! XD

Obviously I don't have a stake in this, but I do wonder what is different enough about this group that they are the focus of the new game instead of the Phantom Thieves. Hopefully these characters are their own thing and not just the Phantom Thieves in a different coat of paint.

After watching that, one of the video links that followed is that of P5 Tactica where Joker ponders marriage and shows all of the options. I was like, "Wait, I had Pit experience this in the RP!" XD Too bad I hadn't seen that sooner because I would've been very tempted to make an art piece for that post as a reference, if the game was even out by that time! XD
As far as I know the whole concept is a parallel world to Joker and his team (I really don't know and like I said most of it has been confusing), but like it's weird cuz Joker shows up? Who knows if they'll be unique. I can tell the new protag does not have the Joker swagger though LOL. And the blonde girl from all the translations we've gotten is kinda super similar to Ryuji, just ya know female. I don't expect a whole lot from a mobile game. At least the intro is a banger and looks pretty.

But yeah these two cutscenes alone make me ??????? Like the first one is clearly a dream, but why is homie dreaming of Joker? And the second one Joker just shows up then poofs????? I do not understand. Doesn't help it's all being beta tested only in China

LOL the random P5T marriage talk and Joker imagining his wedding with each option yet not even imagining himself in a suit. Guess he's keen on getting married in a school uniform LOL we all know the option I went with. It would have been a silly lil art reference to make

As far as I know the whole concept is a parallel world to Joker and his team (I really don't know and like I said most of it has been confusing), but like it's weird cuz Joker shows up? Who knows if they'll be unique. I can tell the new protag does not have the Joker swagger though LOL. And the blonde girl from all the translations we've gotten is kinda super similar to Ryuji, just ya know female. I don't expect a whole lot from a mobile game. At least the intro is a banger and looks pretty.

But yeah these two cutscenes alone make me ??????? Like the first one is clearly a dream, but why is homie dreaming of Joker? And the second one Joker just shows up then poofs????? I do not understand. Doesn't help it's all being beta tested only in China

LOL the random P5T marriage talk and Joker imagining his wedding with each option yet not even imagining himself in a suit. Guess he's keen on getting married in a school uniform LOL we all know the option I went with. It would have been a silly lil art reference to make

Joker needed cash quickly, so he agreed to make cameo appearances in this new game. Shows up, be awesome, leaves without an explanation; what a chad! Is it a mystery as to why anyone would dream about Joker? :P I thought his wearing his school uniform to his wedding was pretty funny too!

I'm trying to imagine what Mythra's wedding dress would look like and what she would say! Pit's probably mimicking his blushing, flustered sprite from Uprising the whole time.

"I imagine Mythra as my significant other..."

Joker needed cash quickly, so he agreed to make cameo appearances in this new game. Shows up, be awesome, leaves without an explanation; what a chad! Is it a mystery as to why anyone would dream about Joker? :P I thought his wearing his school uniform to his wedding was pretty funny too!

I'm trying to imagine what Mythra's wedding dress would look like and what she would say! Pit's probably mimicking his blushing, flustered sprite from Uprising the whole time.

"I imagine Mythra as my significant other..."
Is it a mystery why anyone would dream about Joker? I CHOKED LMAO. But it's true. It's not hard to imagine why

Oh no don't put this thought in my head. Now I'm gonna wanna draw it lol! But I honestly don't know what kind of dress she would wear. Maybe she ends up in more traditional Japanese wedding attire given in XC3 a lot of XC2's aesthetics lean into Japanese/Asian inspired

It'd be funny if it became a bit of a running gag, with a different character having a daydream about marrying another character, and it just gets more absurd each time it happens.

"Hmm, Yoshi wonder...?"

Yoshi then has a fantasy of him marrying a huge, beautiful wedding cake covered in tasty ripe fruits! He eats it all in one gulp!

Just so I know in advance I'm only up for Pyra rn, right? Hit me earlier I might have Yoshi, but wasn't sure so I thought I'd check even though replies probably won't happen till during the week

Just so I know in advance I'm only up for Pyra rn, right? Hit me earlier I might have Yoshi, but wasn't sure so I thought I'd check even though replies probably won't happen till during the week
I don't think the Jungle group has a set turn order, so you can post as Yoshi now if you want, or you can wait for Captain Falcon.

I don't think the Jungle group has a set turn order, so you can post as Yoshi now if you want, or you can wait for Captain Falcon.
I'll be honest, I'm a little stuck on what to post for Yoshi so I'll probably wait and see

Is it a mystery why anyone would dream about Joker? I CHOKED LMAO. But it's true. It's not hard to imagine why

Oh no don't put this thought in my head. Now I'm gonna wanna draw it lol! But I honestly don't know what kind of dress she would wear. Maybe she ends up in more traditional Japanese wedding attire given in XC3 a lot of XC2's aesthetics lean into Japanese/Asian inspired
I get the feeling that during the wedding, Mythra would allow herself to be vulnerable for a brief moment and say something very sweet, then be offended by Pit's silence and his flustered face, and yells at him.

I'm not happy with this at all but part way through I started feeling blah and forced myself to finish. I couldn't be asked to do any detail or add a veil
mythrawedding.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back