• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
I remember getting a lot of online vitriol for criticizing Uprising's portrayal of Pit. I actually didn't finish the game for the longest time because, as a fan of the original NES game, I hated how dumbed down they made him. I stopped when he shouted out his illiteracy. I was like, "Waitaminute! He was obviously literate in the NES and GB games! What the hell was he doing with those maps and checklists then? Toilet paper?"

It did make me feel better to know that it was a dub change and that his characterization in Japanese is much closer to how I imagined Pit to be, based off what little was given in the NES game through manual artwork and story.

Am I doing something wrong or is it simply that no one expects Mewtwo not to be the same Mewtwo that was in Smash Brothers?
Considering Mewtwo is an incredibly rare Pokemon, yes, everyone in the Smash Realm would reasonably expect your Mewtwo to be the one that is in Smash Brothers. Pikachu and Pichu are far more common, so folks are less likely to immediately assume every Pikachu or Pichu they bump into is the one that is a Smash Brother.

I do have to question why a Mewtwo that isn't a Smash Brother transported himself to the Smash Realm as the whole reason for the Smash Brothers showing up in the first place is for a reunion party. I mean, it's fine if you want your Mewtwo to be independent, but I'm going to have the world react accordingly.

Considering Mewtwo is an incredibly rare Pokemon, yes, everyone in the Smash Realm would reasonably expect your Mewtwo to be the one that is in Smash Brothers. Pikachu and Pichu are far more common, so folks are less likely to immediately assume every Pikachu or Pichu they bump into is the one that is a Smash Brother.

I do have to question why a Mewtwo that isn't a Smash Brother transported himself to the Smash Realm as the whole reason for the Smash Brothers showing up in the first place is for a reunion party. I mean, it's fine if you want your Mewtwo to be independent, but I'm going to have the world react accordingly.
It's more of a reflection of my own inexperience. But yeah, it doesn't make sense for any random Mewtwo to teleport for the reunion!

Lol she might admit that to DP at some point in the future
Samus catches Dark Pit, Tetra officially joins the group, and everyone else is like, "Oh no! There's TWO of them!"

That said, Dark Pit does not have to be pursued or caught if that's what you and Forevermore Forevermore want to do. He can stay with the group or go; doesn't matter to me. I don't want to railroad folks into thinking they absolutely must go after him.

Samus catches Dark Pit, Tetra officially joins the group, and everyone else is like, "Oh no! There's TWO of them!"

That said, Dark Pit does not have to be pursued or caught if that's what you and Forevermore Forevermore want to do. He can stay with the group or go; doesn't matter to me. I don't want to railroad folks into thinking they absolutely must go after him.
Double trouble XD
Listen, it'd be boring if all the girlies at the lake were all easy to get along with imo

I'm fine with pursuing Dark Pit, I'm just having Tetra be a negative nancy about it because she still has a grudge lol, whatever Ever wants to do is fine with me.

Double trouble XD
Listen, it'd be boring if all the girlies at the lake were all easy to get along with imo

I'm fine with pursuing Dark Pit, I'm just having Tetra be a negative nancy about it because she still has a grudge lol, whatever Ever wants to do is fine with me.
It's perfectly reasonable for Tetra to not want to be dragged along with a bunch of strangers, with no idea as to what is going on or where she's going! Stranger danger! I'd imagine it would take mentioning Toon Link for her to be more on board with joining the group.

I think I've mentioned before that had I still control over Samus, I would've had her snap a collar onto Dark Pit that would prevent him from going beyond a set distance from her ship! It'd be like being attached to an invisible tether. Something like that may cause irreparable damage to Dark Pit's trust though. A part of me can imagine a sweet scene of Zelda deciding to free Dark Pit from that collar (Samus entrusted her with the key code in case a situation comes up where Pittoo must be freed; she trusts Zelda's judgement) as she considers such a thing very degrading and more harmful than good. And I can also see Tetra taunting Pittoo only to run just out of his range. XD

this is off topic but with the 3ds/wiiU services going offline in four-ish days it got me thinking about my time playing Splatoon 1 back in the day, more specifically my player character/OC, so I thought it’d be cute to draw her side by side with Inkling

1712212155919.png
For the longest time I didn’t have an actual name for her but eventually I finally landed on it being Opal. Back then I played the E-liter, which I was definitely bad at but little 11 yr old me was way too dumb to realize 😅

The most my Wii U got used for were Miiverse (which did not last long) and watching YouTube. Off the top of my head, the games I have for it are WWHD and SSB4. It was a disappointing console for me, but drawing on Miiverse was fun.

In general the Wii U was disappointing af. I too was not a huge fan of it and it definitely suffered from slow releases, misleading name (since it was nothing like the Wii at all) and just not great console design. The gamepad was bulky (I have lil hands so it was uncomfortable and actually hurt my wrists as pathetic as that sounds) and not the easiest thing to play on. Some of the games themselves weren't bad (we'll overlook Mario spinoffs cuz most of those in that era were bad), but suffered from being on that console, but that's why a lot of them were ported to Switch except Xenoblade X. Forever stuck in Wii U hell so I'll never play it but thank god it's not canon for the numbered titles

My disappointment in the Wii U is made worse in that at the time, I worked as a grocery bagger for tips and saved up cash for it, and I got the special WWHD console.

It sucks that the Miiverse archive saved my cringey art and not my good ones. 🥲

yeah for all my nostalgia for the WiiU, it definitely wasn’t the greatest console 😅 Besides Splatoon, Miiverse, and occasionally smash bros, I mostly used it to play Wii Games when I couldn’t use my actual Wii

I agree the WiiU wasn’t great the only game I played it for Wind Waker HD had issues with it mostly technical

I spent like 2 mins on this to warm up but felt it silly enough to share
whathedo.png

If you know the meme, you know what this is referenced on LOL

I hope I am at least not cringe af with rping the little bits cuz honestly I don't usually like doing stuff like that and Ann staying happened merely on a whim. Like man it might be cute for me, but I always worry it's cringy for everyone else involved
But also now that they're on my mind, I must post this cute moment again just to spread my propaganda
iQGHgtb.png
And don't remind me of the teacher. UGH I feel so gross even doing that confidant with no romance cuz it's so uncomfortable for me. But yeah Atlus did like 3-4 adult romance options for Joker and it's just ew!
You don't gotta worry about what other people think. Do whatever makes you happy imo if it's not hurting anyone.
Besides, your Ann x Ren stuff is cute :3

Trust me, I get it. Like there's always gonna be student x teacher stuff whenever applicable in a fandom, even if it isn't possible or whatever, but having it actually be propagated by the game itself is uh....ya know...
THANKS POOKIE ^^
Corrin is just vibing lmao, she is literally just ":]"
And cmooon, Sheik is ALWAYS as cool as a cucumber, and Splash Mountain is no exception XD

OMG that's hilarious! Daisy truly has no fear aidbeisfhej

Lol thank you! I plan to have them have more cute little interludes like that in the future. It's just fun for me to write about imo
YW ^^
Idk why but Corrin always reminded me of an axolotl
191ed897c661eb7ee3dc1525a7bc3c37.jpg

Maybe it's just the way you write and talk about her but she always gives off the energy one of those little happy Japanese emoticons you like to use.

Daisy has no fear, even villains quake in her presence!

They are really cute! You've always been good at writing dialogue and shifts between characters so I'm looking forward to what else you got in store :]
AUGH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE FRIENDS TO LOVERS, I EAT THAT STUFF UP-

Link and Malon were so cute together!! I seriously believe they were meant to be all along!!!!!!

Silas is such a sweet pea! Good choice honestly, can't even be mad about it, cuz he seemed so devoted to her and wasn't even that upset when Corrin said she didn't remember who he was.
SAMEEEEEEE

FELLOW LINK x MALON ENTHUSIAST, I APPROOOOOVE >:3c

IKR???? Their dialogues were so cute! I really enjoyed the support dialogues, especially between Takumi shhh pretend he wasn't Mr Betrayal and Corrin (uh, not the romance part tho =_=). Maybe it's just because he reminded me so much of Dark Pit without trying to?

I DON'T CARE IF HE WAS SUBJECTIVELY A JERK, HE TAUGHT CORRIN ARCHERY AND HIS SNARKINESS WAS ENDEARING TO ME, SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE-

Just to indulge you abit 😏
974e92e9a7f994bf3548e4f8ef6bc9e1a7d264f5_hq.jpg
BRO TWILIGHT'S FACE XD
"Please, just kill me now"
Hdhdhhdhd I can't even imagine what that would be like-

Just looking at three of my PCs alone...
undefined
Marth: Shield and sword forged of a goddess' teeth, blessed by the divine dragons, paired with a warrior of greath strength and agility.
Corrin: Sword that grows in strength amongst its siblings, representative of the princess who wields it, power to alter terrain and become a mythical beast.
Min Min: CONCRETE GO BYE BYE, STRONGER THAN TNT, MY FISTS + YOUR FACE = YOUR DEMISE 😀

No but seriously, really thinking about it, if our characters were as strong as they should be canonically, some characters would be WAY broken while others would lose all combat ability lololol
Posted for Tetra and Agent 8! As you can tell, I updated my post formats to include images and embedded links to music :3
Omg I love the pics for Tetra and Eight! Don't be shy show the rest /j

Double trouble XD

We can capture Dark Pit if yall want to, I don't mind at all and it seems like fun in fact.

You don't gotta worry about what other people think. Do whatever makes you happy imo if it's not hurting anyone.
Besides, your Ann x Ren stuff is cute :3
I do worry how others feel cuz I try to be mindful of if they are uncomfy or bothered by it all. That's like the last thing I wanna do in a rp. Plus I don't wanna be even more cringe af or weird. I already do that enough

I do worry how others feel cuz I try to be mindful of if they are uncomfy or bothered by it all. That's like the last thing I wanna do in a rp. Plus I don't wanna be even more cringe af or weird. I already do that enough
I’m gonna echo here I enjoy your art you’re not bothering anyone. I love the concepts you come up with

I’m gonna echo here I enjoy your art you’re not bothering anyone. I love the concepts you come up with
I appreciate the sentiment though we were talking about my posts not my art

I should be fully judged for some of the dumb shit I draw and I won't sugarcoat that LOL. Like I debated posting a Joker my friends dared me to draw for Easter/April Fools, but I decided I did not want to be judged for the dumb outfit I put him in this time 😅

I appreciate the sentiment though we were talking about my posts not my art

I should be fully judged for some of the dumb shit I draw and I won't sugarcoat that LOL. Like I debated posting a Joker my friends dared me to draw for Easter/April Fools, but I decided I did not want to be judged for the dumb outfit I put him in this time 😅
Oh same thing then sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back