• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
I really do not know. I truly do not get the appeal at all and honestly never will cuz the trope is so bad imo
Like yes the player, if they didn't fuck up the interrogation and got on the path towards the true ending, finds out that was a cognitive version of Joker that is killed cuz the PTs set him up hard and used Joker as bait, but like you can't tell me when Akechi acts like this, fake Joker or not, that there's love of any kind
But man I should stop cuz I could write a whole 10 page essay on this LOL
True true, no matter which way you spin it, there truly is no chemistry or romantic feelings between them whatsoever, but clearly nobody likes to mention that when making their god-awful ships.
I don't have any strong feelings towards any of the girls that Ren can rizz up or whatever, but I just know that I hate the Akechi x Ren ship and for some reason I keep seeing it on my Pinterest feed, God hates me :,D
See I'm like a weird place cuz I love me some good friendships, but I'm so like a huge sucker for close friend to lovers. Guess I'm part of the problem LOL
Honestly it's not a problem at all, those ships are so cute! Link and Malon from OoT was my fave ship back in the day bc I found the 'fairy boy' teasing behind them super adorable, and I also love Silas and Corrin from Fates (like come on, he became a knight just to have a chance of seeing Corrin again? That's so sweet 🥹)

True true, no matter which way you spin it, there truly is no chemistry or romantic feelings between them whatsoever, but clearly nobody likes to mention that when making their god-awful ships.
I don't have any strong feelings towards any of the girls that Ren can rizz up or whatever, but I just know that I hate the Akechi x Ren ship and for some reason I keep seeing it on my Pinterest feed, God hates me :,D

Honestly it's not a problem at all, those ships are so cute! Link and Malon from OoT was my fave ship back in the day bc I found the 'fairy boy' teasing behind them super adorable, and I also love Silas and Corrin from Fates (like come on, he became a knight just to have a chance of seeing Corrin again? That's so sweet 🥹)
I don’t mind the cloud x Aerith or cloud x Tifa I see the chemistry between them just don’t get forcing something that’s not realistic or it’s toxic af. What are we teaching kids? That toxic relationships are ok? I’ll just cringe at the seph thing.

For real I love Link x Malon it’s my favorite oot ship of all time! Good to see another fan. I’ll always stand behind Cloud x Aerith or Cloud xTifa

Honestly it's not a problem at all, those ships are so cute! Link and Malon from OoT was my fave ship back in the day bc I found the 'fairy boy' teasing behind them super adorable
To this day, I still think OoT Link and Malon canonically got together.

Lol you're fine! I was just thinking about some past cartoons where they started out good, then tried to force a romance in, which ends up ruining the show overall. I don't mind romances when they're well-written and the characters have real chemistry.

I've never played any of the Xenoblade games so I don't have a stake in this, but I will say I do respect Monolith for having the gonads to do that, even if it did make me raise an eyebrow lol

I do love Pithra as a joke-ship though! It definitely makes more sense than a lot of Super Smash Brother ships! XD
I get where you're coming from tbh. I don't like when it's forced either and honestly I prefer when it's left open ended so the reader/watcher/player can make their decision on if they like it as friends or more, ya know. If you shove it down my throat and it's poorly written... no thanks!

Honestly, I give it to them too. I actually cannot believe they did something like that and did so out of the blue, didn't elaborate and went to credits not long after. Like okay damn. They did that and I gotta respect it LMAO

I'm always willing to do silly Pithra gag ship jokes just cuz I find it funny

Clearly I don't feel strongly towards a specific Joker ship... nah not at all. Never ever. They don't rot my brain or make me so happy or anything... Nah nope. I don't have like 50ish files of my own art of them in my art folder either... Hahahaha. Doesn't exist at all. But fr most the other options are fine outside the icky Joker x Adult ones (like Atlus WHY?!) and well I can't personally see him and Futaba romantically either given they have big sibling vibes to me

I'm always willing to do silly Pithra gag ship jokes just cuz I find it funny
When I try to think about this ship more seriously, I think there is potential there, not going to lie. I think it could be a very sweet one! ...Which then turns tragic because of XC3. But Super Smash Brother ships are all crack-ships by their nature, and canon isn't to be taken too seriously with these lol

I do like that in our AU talks, Pit and Mythra never actually seem to be a couple, just two people given the same responsibility, and they have a mutual respect of each other. They're like a divorced couple that are still on friendly terms XD

This RP made me like Dark Pit and Zelda, but I like them more for the potential in character development and interesting interactions than me actually wanting them to be together. Also, it's a sweet girl with a sour boy, that's pretty cute on its own!

Last edited:
To this day, I still think OoT Link and Malon canonically got together.
I'm someone who thinks Twilight Princess Link is a descendent of OoT Link and Malon.
For real I love Link x Malon it’s my favorite oot ship of all time! Good to see another fan.
Glad to see other supporters of Link x Malon! I also believe that TP Link was canonically Malon and Link's child as well.

I am normally a big fan of Zelink but I can't really see them being together long in OoT, what with the different endings and whatnot (maybe in the adult timeline, but even then, it's still iffy). Maybe Zelda had a puppy crush on Link as children, as in, that immature, childish infatuation kids have when they're young, but I can't see them having anything more than a close friendship as time goes on, which is why Malon and Link is the superior ship in my eyes.
Clearly I don't feel strongly towards a specific Joker ship... nah not at all. Never ever. They don't rot my brain or make me so happy or anything... Nah nope. I don't have like 50ish files of my own art of them in my art folder either... Hahahaha. Doesn't exist at. But fr most the other options are fine outside the icky Joker x Adult ones (like Atlus WHY?!) and well I can't personally see him and Futaba romantically either given they have big sibling vibes to me
Oh no, definitely not. Like, golly gosh gee, it's not as if you RP said ship at all for the warm fuzzies it brings you, not at all, pshhhh, that would be ridiculous!

Futaba is cool, but yeah, I'd have to say that she's more sister than girlfriend material. I remember said friend from earlier explaining to me the women Ren can have a relationship with, and when she brought up his own teacher I had to put down my phone and take a minute XD

I don’t mind the cloud x Aerith or cloud x Tifa I see the chemistry between them just don’t get forcing something that’s not realistic or it’s toxic af. What are we teaching kids? That toxic relationships are ok? I’ll just cringe at the seph thing.

For real I love Link x Malon it’s my favorite oot ship of all time! Good to see another fan. I’ll always stand behind Cloud x Aerith or Cloud xTifa
Too true. I can already see kiddos getting confused on what actual relationships are like because of this garbage online. It's sad honestly.
I just think cringe ahh fangirls who think being 'fujoshis' is quirky or whatever is to blame. I had a very short period of time where I was cringe like this (unfortunately), but I grew out of it fast and looking back at it, that entire subculture of fandoms is weird, wayyyyyy too weird...

A friend of mine described Pit and Palutena's relationship as a guy cucking for a hot streamer chick, and I wouldn't say he's wrong in that comparison. Meanwhile, Pitto and Parthena tend to come across more as a married couple, in my opinion, but done in a humorous way. Hades even makes a remark about Pitto committing adultery by working with Nachure (Japanese Viridi). I don't ship Pit and Palutena at all, regardless of version, but in the JAP script that is the implied pairing. Meanwhile, Pitto shows no interest in Zelda in the JAP version of that Palutena's Guidance, and I wonder why that one was changed so much in the English dub outside of making another, "Lol ENG Pit is an idiot!" gag.

I think a mother/son relationship between Palutena and Pit would be a lot cuter, but that's not what the canon is.

When I try to think about this ship more seriously, I think there is potential there, not going to lie. I think it could be a very sweet one! ...Which then turns tragic because of XC3. But Super Smash Brother ships are all crack-ships by their nature, and canon isn't to be taken too seriously with these lol

I do like that in our AU talks, Pit and Mythra never actually seem to be a couple, just two people given the same responsibility, and they have a mutual respect of each other. They're like a divorced couple that are still on friendly terms XD

This RP made me like Dark Pit and Zelda, but I like them more for the potential in character development and interesting interactions than me actually wanting them to be together. Also, it's a sweet girl with a sour boy, that's pretty cute on its own!
See I could very well go rampant with shipping them cuz I do find it an interesting ship and I am all for crack shipping hell one of my old rping friends and I had some silly crack ships back in the day. I love doing that kind of stuff but I keep myself in check out of respect. Plus even if I wanted to doodle, I'd cry not only drawing Mythra but god I hate drawing wings so much

Oh no, definitely not. Like, golly gosh gee, it's not as if you RP said ship at all for the warm fuzzies it brings you, not at all, pshhhh, that would be ridiculous!

Futaba is cool, but yeah, I'd have to say that she's more sister than girlfriend material. I remember said friend from earlier explaining to me the women Ren can have a relationship with, and when she brought up his own teacher I had to put down my phone and take a minute XD
I hope I am at least not cringe af with rping the little bits cuz honestly I don't usually like doing stuff like that and Ann staying happened merely on a whim. Like man it might be cute for me, but I always worry it's cringy for everyone else involved
But also now that they're on my mind, I must post this cute moment again just to spread my propaganda
iQGHgtb.png

And don't remind me of the teacher. UGH I feel so gross even doing that confidant with no romance cuz it's so uncomfortable for me. But yeah Atlus did like 3-4 adult romance options for Joker and it's just ew!

See I could very well go rampant with shipping them cuz I do find it an interesting ship and I am all for crack shipping hell one of my old rping friends and I had some silly crack ships back in the day. I love doing that kind of stuff but I keep myself in check out of respect. Plus even if I wanted to doodle, I'd cry not only drawing Mythra but god I hate drawing wings so much
I personally don't mind at all, and I've been tempted to make Pithra art just for shiggles!

Also, your Joker/Ann stuff is cute, so no cringe on my end!

Glad to see other supporters of Link x Malon! I also believe that TP Link was canonically Malon and Link's child as well.
I personally like to think that OoT Link is TP Link's great grandfather. Given the heavy implications that the Hero's Shade is OoT Link, he does bring up not being able to pass on his special sword techniques to his descendants up until he encountered TP Link, which imply that they are family. Which doubly implies that Link at some point DID settle down and had a family of his own, which is a nice thought, even though he was stricken with anxiety following the end of his quests.
7c1.jpg

Last edited:
Chskdhdkf omg this is so superficial of me but I think the first thing that made me intrigued by the concept of dark pit and Zelda interaction was the visual appeal of their color palettes paired together.

Like the white and magenta on Zelda just really meshes well with Pittoo’s blacks and purple in a way that I really can’t explain besides there being both multiple points of contrast (the black vs white, red eyes vs bluefish teal, ) as well as just enough points of similarity (the gold accents) to where they don’t look aggressively out of place when standing to each other. On the other hand, with someone like Pit who just like Zelda has blue eyes, gold jewelry, brown leather shoes, small red accents, and white as a focal point of their color palette, you don’t really get that same degree of contrast besides that dark blue of Pit’s jumpsuit, which itself is so hidden by the white of his robes that it can’t really compare to the presence of magenta in Zelda’s. Which for me who actually prefers Pit’s color palette over dark pits, it leaves me a little disappointed that he kinda looks as if lacking(?) in something visually when paired next to zel’s design.

1712037244775.png

I’m sure none of this is how actual color theory or design theory works though 😅

Chskdhdkf omg this is so superficial of me but I think the first thing that made me intrigued by the concept of dark pit and Zelda interaction was the visual appeal of their color palettes paired together.

Like the white and magenta on Zelda just really meshes well with Pittoo’s blacks and purple in a way that I really can’t explain besides there being both multiple points of contrast (the black vs white, red eyes vs bluefish teal, ) as well as just enough points of similarity (the gold accents) to where they don’t look aggressively out of place when standing to each other. On the other hand, with someone like Pit who just like Zelda has blue eyes, gold jewelry, brown leather shoes, small red accents, and white as a focal point of their color palette, you don’t really get that same degree of contrast besides that dark blue of Pit’s jumpsuit, which itself is so hidden by the white of his robes that it can’t really compare to the presence of magenta in Zelda’s. Which for me who actually prefers Pit’s color palette over dark pits, it leaves me a little disappointed that he kinda looks as if lacking(?) in something visually when paired next to zel’s design.

I’m sure none of this is how actual color theory or design theory works though 😅
I understand what you're saying and I'm of a similar mindset that, because of Zelda and Pittoo's contrasts, in colors and personality, they're more complimentary to each other. That is generally what I look at when regarding a pairing: do they compliment each other? Would there be harmony here? I think Zelda and Pittoo would have enough in common that they'd be able to understand each other and get along, but enough in differences that one can make up for what the other lacks, or balance each other. For example, I think Zelda can help Dark Pit open up and be more warm and positive, while Dark Pit can act as Zelda's rock and keep her stable, if that makes sense. Meanwhile, they both have an intelligence, energy, and playfulness in common that one could maybe understand why they might get along with each other.

Lol I say this when the reason I brought up Pithra as a thing is because Pit and Mythra have a ton in common! XD

I personally don't mind at all, and I've been tempted to make Pithra art just for shiggles!

Also, your Joker/Ann stuff is cute, so no cringe on my end!
I figured as much in the case of Pithra. I just typically try to walk that line for anything so the other person doesn’t feel forced into anything. It applies to friendships as well. Like for example, if Sheep didn’t vibe with Joker-Inkling friendship I’d back off immediately out of respect. It’s just common courtesy for me

That’s a relief. I try to keep it short so it doesn’t get awkward or uncomfortable for others plus I don’t imagine Joker or Ann are big in the PDA department lol

I figured as much in the case of Pithra. I just typically try to walk that line for anything so the other person doesn’t feel forced into anything. It applies to friendships as well. Like for example, if Sheep didn’t vibe with Joker-Inkling friendship I’d back off immediately out of respect. It’s just common courtesy for me

That’s a relief. I try to keep it short so it doesn’t get awkward or uncomfortable for others plus I don’t imagine Joker or Ann are big in the PDA department lol
I definitely understand and appreciate it! I’m the same in that regard.

Lol I can see it being like “I Won’t Say I’m in Love” from Hercules with Mythra leaning blissfully against an angel statue, realizes what she’s doing, and go into heavy denial.

On the subject of couples being complimentary, I think what could make Pithra work is that it’d be built off of empathy and understanding. It’s because they have so much in common that they’d be able to uplift each other.

I definitely understand and appreciate it! I’m the same in that regard.

Lol I can see it being like “I Won’t Say I’m in Love” from Hercules with Mythra leaning blissfully against an angel statue, realizes what she’s doing, and go into heavy denial.

On the subject of couples being complimentary, I think what could make Pithra work is that it’d be built off of empathy and understanding. It’s because they have so much in common that they’d be able to uplift each other.
I just try to be respectful so people hopefully act respectful in return

That honestly is just Mythra cuz it’s similar to how she is with Rex as well. She denies a lot but definitely feels stuff on the inside whether she wants to say it or not. Those feelings are a big part of her overall character development throughout the game itself and there is a big scene with her finally accepting she is Rex’s blade and showing very strong feelings over it which shows her finally showing said feelings

I just try to be respectful so people hopefully act respectful in return

That honestly is just Mythra cuz it’s similar to how she is with Rex as well. She denies a lot but definitely feels stuff on the inside whether she wants to say it or not. Those feelings are a big part of her overall character development throughout the game itself and there is a big scene with her finally accepting she is Rex’s blade and showing very strong feelings over it which shows her finally showing said feelings
I think if there is one Smash Brother who can understand Mythra and what she has been through, it’d be Pit. He can definitely empathize with always being the butt of everyone’s jokes and being treated as an idiot, as well as being the cause of death for many innocents.

The difference is that while Pit pushes onward and does what he can to make things right and rise above it all, I’m of the impression that Mythra would rather run away through denial and suppression, and distancing herself from others.

I think if there is one Smash Brother who can understand Mythra and what she has been through, it’d be Pit. He can definitely empathize with always being the butt of everyone’s jokes and being treated as an idiot, as well as being the cause of death for many innocents.

The difference is that while Pit pushes onward and does what he can to make things right and rise above it all, I’m of the impression that Mythra would rather run away through denial and suppression, and distancing herself from others.
Pyra's whole existence is because Mythra had sunk so far into her depression and wanted an escape so she created someone she thought people would love and made sure she wasn't as dangerous as herself. She just wanted to hide away until she could possibly get to the World Tree to beg the Architect to kill her so she wouldn't have to deal with all the pain and fear she holds. So yeah she definitely resorts to running away especially after killing people she was close with on accident. That did her in real bad

Speaking of the girlies, I'll try to get a post up today or tomorrow for them. Gotta figure out how I wanna approach it first cuz my brain is empty

Pyra's whole existence is because Mythra had sunk so far into her depression and wanted an escape so she created someone she thought people would love and made sure she wasn't as dangerous as herself. She just wanted to hide away until she could possibly get to the World Tree to beg the Architect to kill her so she wouldn't have to deal with all the pain and fear she holds. So yeah she definitely resorts to running away especially after killing people she was close with on accident. That did her in real bad

Speaking of the girlies, I'll try to get a post up today or tomorrow for them. Gotta figure out how I wanna approach it first cuz my brain is empty
And I think that the huge difference in how Pit and Mythra deal with similar problems is what can make their interactions so interesting!

I can see Pyra pointing out to Mythra that she and Pit have so much in common, and Mythra scoffing in response.

Mythra needs a Rafiki to knock the sense into her lol “Learn from de past!” *WHACK!!*

And I think that the huge difference in how Pit and Mythra deal with similar problems is what can make their interactions so interesting!

I can see Pyra pointing out to Mythra that she and Pit have so much in common, and Mythra scoffing in response.

Mythra needs a Rafiki to knock the sense into her lol “Learn from de past!” *WHACK!!*
Mythra can definitely learn it just takes the right person to actually get her to learn which is what makes Rex’s character so good even though Xenoblade fans love to hate on him so much (or at least did prior to the XC3 DLC and now suddenly people love him…)

That aside it does open up unique interactions because it shows two very different ways of coping with very similar things. It can easily give the other perspective on things they might not have thought of

I’m feeling inspired and have energy I’ll get a post out for Paula or wait for Hazy to post?

I’m feeling inspired and have energy I’ll get a post out for Paula or wait for Hazy to post?
I don’t think there’s any reason not to post expect maybe waiting to see if Nurse Joy expands upon what Joker said but even then I wouldn’t say it’s 100% necessary just might be more convenient so all the info can be reacted to in a single post but that’d just come down to what you’d prefer to do and maybe what Grumpy thinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back