• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Super-Committed Partner w/ Lots of Time and Nothing to Write : ]

Thanks for stopping by. A bit about me: I'm a teacher on vacation until mid-August, so lots of free time. I have been role playing online for almost 20 years (yes you read that correctly). I'm really easy going and love to chat. Read over everything before you contact me, please. It looks like a lot but it isn't, I promise, I'm not too picky, I just want us to be on the same page from the start. I'm interested in writing whatever (with a few exceptions) you're interested in. Below is a list of information I think you should know before you message me.

What should I be like to get along with Chives?
(I'm not as picky as the length of this list makes me seem)

- You should be an adult. (I'm an adult.)
- You should be able to write at least 3-4 paragraphs a post. Get the point across, don't drag it out, and give me enough to work with.
- You should be able to post regularly. I don't expect you to post every day, but at least every few days and at the very least once a week. It’s hard to really get into an rp if we never make progress.
- You should have some exciting ideas. (I enjoy action/political intrique/suspense/wars and secrets. Lots of secrets)
- You should have mostly original RP plots. (Going off of an idea of a show's premise or themes is totally fine. But lets do something unique within them please)
- You should have original RP characters. (I do not want to canon RP fandoms. I do not want to RP characters from a show/movie/comic/whatever.)
- You should be open to playing multiple roles if the need arises. (There are more than two people in the world, after all)
- You should be flexible as to what happens in our story. (Having ideas is amazing, but if the result is a script set in stone what's the fun of writing it out?)
- You should be able to work your own ideas into the story as we go.
- You should follow the TOS. (This should go without saying)
- You should not be bringing me group RPs. (I know, they're probably fun, but I don't enjoy them and I'm really sorry.)
- If you love me, you'll chat with me (or RP with me) on Discord. Please please please please please please. I love to chat OOC.
- You should be ready for me to get Super Passionate about our story cause I go nuts.
- You should probably have a sample of your writing available. (Doesn't have to be anything special, just an idea of your writing style. I will also provide one on request)

What sort of things does Chives like in a story?
Inspiring Stuff: Hidden Enemies, Frenemies, Star-Crossed Lovers, War, Unlikely Allies, Against all Odds, Low Magic, Captured, Lost, Adventure, Assassination, Warriors, Fighting, Medieval Military, "On the run"
No Thanks Stuff (I had to add this due to people asking for it): Abusive relationships, describing intimacy (I am not here for smut y'all), racism, discrimination/violence against lgbtq, taboo relationships

"Plot" Ideas:
- Any GoT-Style Epic War Low-Fantasy - I just want to write a sprawling world. A big place for us to explore. I want this really badly.

- Mage Blood - There's a ruling family who have some type of ability/gift that is passed down through blood (Think Red Queen). My thinking is that at some point in the past these gifted humans seized power to rule over those with no abilities. There are a lot of options we can explore. Some commoner has exhibited a gift (aka they're obviously someone's bastard but maybe they aren't?), or maybe they have multiple gifts (and that fulfills some prophecy?). Some royal is born with a powerful gift no one has seen before and they're forced to marry someone to try and have children with this gift. Or a royal is born with no gift and they have to try and figure out why.

- Umbrella Academy-esque - Non-canon please. Interested in some people who were not in the Umbrella Academy when they were kids. Or perhaps they were in an "Umbrella Academy" from a different country or something. We can work this out.

- Slice of Life: Fame – A celebrity has gone to film a movie/tv series/show/something and is sent an assistant for the duration of filming. Said person is in theatre school/acting school/something and it’s viewed as a kind of internship for a class or something (I HAVE NO IDEA DON’T JUDGE ME). Anyway, this intern is not a fan of said celebrity’s work/has no interest in putting up with their shit. This idea just seems fun and intriguing to me.

- Star Wars: Commandos – I am actually a huge Star Wars nerd. My favorite series of books are the Republic Commando books which are Legends now (there’s a game that’s good too). I want to explore the complicated relationships between Commandos and their Jedi Commanders. I imagine the Commando unit coming in to help the Jedi and them working together through various missions. I can either play the Commando team (seriously, I’ll play all four of them) or split the team and play the Jedi. Really.

- Star Wars: Clone Wars – I have this idea of a Jedi Knight with a past that the Council is trying to keep under wraps, but has elevated to Knighthood due to their need for Jedi on the frontlines. We can have an apprenticeship situation or just partners in the war. Whatever is fine.

- The Crown-esque - I've become obsessed with The Crown on Netflix. I would love to do an RP revolving around the conflict a young husband has with fitting in to the role as Prince Consort to a Queen. It could take place in any time/era/genre as far as I'm concerned, I'm just interested in the conflict between the couple.

- Story Engine - I have a story engine that I'd love to try out with someone (you can check them out at The Story Engine Deck of Writing Prompts & Story Ideas ). We'd go through the game together to create a plot and then we could write it! I really enjoy using it to brainstorm plots and characters, and we can decide on a story together!

Last edited:
Hey lovely!! I’d love to write with you, always on the hunt for “bad guy” characters with underlying layers if maybe you’d like to write let me know!!

I’d love to do some star crossed lovers and maybe even build a “world” around it like GOT

Hello there. I am actually a big Star Wars fan, and I really enjoy the Republic Commandos game. I have some other Star Wars ideas, too, depending on your interest. I also have a plethora of original roleplay ideas floating around, and you seem like you might be the right partner for them. Either way, I would love to hear from you. Thanks for reading!

I would be game to make something like Game of Thrones if you were interested. Let me know if that tickles your fancy, and I do have discord as well, best to reply to me there. Amethyst Kenobi#0235

Hello! I am interested in your Umbrella Academy or Slice of Life: Fame lines! If you’re still looking, I’d love to chat more over Discord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back