• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Summer Beckoning Camp

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

deathrisesagain

Beckons Ranch is a ranch an hour outside of the small town of Telluride, Colorado. Shortly after getting married, the owners, Mary and Ben Beckons was given the unfortunate news that they were not going to be able to have kids of their own. The way they were able to coupe with the news, by creating a summer camp for teenagers to come out to their ranch for the whole summer and work, ride horses and live away from the city/town life. This has worked very well for them. Their ranch is nearly 7000 acres, set in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

Ben and Mary have just a few rules for the ranch, doesn’t matter whether you are a camper, ranch hand or family.
  1. Breakfast is 6am, Lunch is 12pm, Dinner is 6pm, you don’t show up or you are late, you don’t eat until the next meal.
  2. Lights out 1030pm Ranch wide, unless Ben and Mary state otherwise.
  3. Do your job when you’re supposed to do so.
  4. No fighting!
  5. Keep safe, due to the vast size of the ranch, everyone carries a radio for communication.
  6. If you are a first time Camper, you will have to decide on a hobby to learn, whether it be woodworking, blacksmithing, metal work, stained glass, etc…
  7. You don’t mess with Top, his word is just as good as Ben or Mary

Ranch Ranking:
Trail Boss, Usually Top, Ben or Mary,
Scout, second in command, usually Jacob or Jose
Chef
Trail Hands
~ Forward
~ Left
~ Right
~ Rear

Last edited:
(This is just my introduction) Sibhàn O’Neill just turned 14 and was enjoying coming back for the second time this year hoping that the pony she rode last year would still be there after all she came from a small home which she was quite sad in but ever since she came here she definitely has brightened up.

she held a lead rope and head collar she bought especially and had the name stitched into it by hand a very tidy job aswell. (If I do name the pony Could it be like Woody or Zermes?) as she carried her bag down and looked around breathing in the fresh farm smell.

Jade walks up to entrance with his care taker noting knowing what to do with him anymore.They look around for the person who runs the place so they can go over a few things about Jade. Jade who never talked in his life points at a horse his face lights up at the sight of it.
The care taker smiles" Yes, Jade i knew you are going to like it here. I hope I can find a home for you in running out of options. "

She noticed jade from the corner of her eye as she ran down and saw Alota a 15.2hh pibald cob,she hugged it tightly “ I missed you..” she whispers as she feed her a carrot

Jade nods and takes his care taker hand. Together they walk to the main house and knock on the door. Jade looks around at all the horses and people where already here.
Care taker: They said to meet them here at the house
Jade counties looking around

Dylan had a busy day yesterday and not gotten home to very late last night as he was finishing up different things that he had to do before he was going to be able to spend a lot of the summer at Beckons Ranch. This is were he been allotted to help out at this summer.
Summer is a very busy time for the community as a whole and Dylan's family, there is always so much to do during the summer months.

Dylan's alarm clock goes off and he slowly wakes up from his deep sleep. Luckily
Ben and Mary had been very understanding yesterday when Dylan had told them that it looked like he was going to get home very late at night, they had told him that it was okay for him to not rush up or anything.

Dylan really does not perform to the best of his abilities when he has hardly had any sleep.

He slowly gets out of bed and looks at the time before getting ready for the day. After he is fully dressed and clean, he quite quickly goes downstairs and whips up some breakfast for himself.
He soon finishes it and then grabs his stuff that he needs to take with him including his already pre packed suitcase.

He then calls phone number for landline at the Beckons Ranch and hopes that someone picks up as he turns the key and locking the front door, briskly he goes over to his car and gets in before turning the car on and enabling the Bluetooth on his phone so it connects to the car.

He pushes the remote control to open up the big gates which are part of the house he lives in and then drives out, starts makeing his way over towards
Beckons Ranch.

Interactions: deathrisesagain deathrisesagain

Last edited:
She walked on as she hugged the head collar and sat on a bench as she caressed her hair and looked about as she looked at horses jumping about.

she looked at the bruises on her arms as she clenched her hands together

Jade and his care taker seats on the porch waiting for Ben and Mary. They watch the horses.
( Open for interaction)

She saw that jade looked around her age and went up to him and his caretaker “ erm hi I’m sibhan ! You must be new? I don’t think I saw you here last year” she smiled lopsidedly pulling down her sleeve as she twisted her foot nervously

Jade looks at her
Care Taker: Hello I'm Rose and this is Jade he's 7. He never talk s I'm trying to find him a home. Have you happened to seen Ben and Mary?

“ no sorry,well it’s nice to meet you Jade!” She smiled she always had a soft spot for young for children as she pulled a bag of sweets out of her pocket “ would you like one..?” She asked as she held them out from abit from Jade and Rose

Dylan doesn't seem to get through to them on the phone so he hands up the call, thinks about leaving a voice message but decides there is no point to as he will be there probably before they call him back anyway.
He keeps on driving unit he arrives close to the entrance to the ranch. Where he notices some people in the driveway. He drives up the driveway slowly in his big red 4x4 car hoping they would notice and move out of the way, so he could go and park his car some were.

Interactions: SugaISAMOOD, nymphball and
deathrisesagain

Last edited:
She smiled as she shifts out of the way and puts the sweets away and sits on the grass

Rose: I have to go now. Here's the papers you have to give Ben and Mary. Be good now
They hug and Rose leaves for

Dylan continues to drive up the driveway and then finds some were to Park his big pick up truck. He then gets out before locking the car and heading over to the others to see what is going on. As he does so he recognises one of them from last year and smiles at all of them as he gets closer to them.
"Hello sibhan, nice for you to be joining us this year again". He then looks at the other two you must be jade it's good to see that you will be joining us this year . My name is Dylan, I am a community volunteer."

“ nice to see you again Dylan.” She smiled shutting the book “it’s so good to be back “ she said as she stood up and looked around agai c

"right ok, please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you said that you had to go? Before I got over here. Don't worry I can look after Jade unit either Ben, Mary arrive or Jacob. I am not sure were they could be. They are usually around to meet people.I'll give it a couple more minutes and if they don't turn up I will try calling one of them. Anyway dose Jade have anyway of communicating at all?" Dylan asks Rose.

Rose: Yes I have a plane to catch. He uses sign language mostly or body language. He dosen 't like loud noises. I have him the papers Mary requested me to bring.

"okay I hope you have a safe flight. OK then it's lucky that I know sign language very well. When you work with the a lot it's good to have different communication skills so you can communicate with a lot of different people. Do you have the paperwork on you?" Dylan asks Rose.

He then looks at Jade and makes sure that he has his attention "hello my name Dylan, and I am helping out here for the summer. I will look after you until the owners come, just ask me if you need anything thing ok?." He signs to him to show him that he understands sign language.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back