• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Suggestion Stylize Fieldsets

Hrrrm. I see, I see. I rather enjoy the simplicity RPN has with the BBCodes. So... Not complaining tooooo much. XD

I think the only issue I have with this trick is if there is no background color, I see this...

1817c5b1dd3d46bcb7516ca37dbf8206.png

I'm using a Color Me of the site, and my post background is not pure white. So it doesn't blend. ;;A;;
Take a look at my post with the code, I have a note about changing that to work for RpN Night Life/RpN Color Me

I'll see what can be done with Fieldsets. The other one on said site uses an addon instead of basic HTML/CSS and crafting the bbcode from scratch.

All of our BBCodes except the accordion is made from scratch.
If at all possible, would the staff/administration be able to make some kind of colored fieldset code through my BBCode mish-mash? One that automatically changes the background color of the header to match layout on a user level, so there's no one layout or the other gets to see it properly?

If at all possible, would the staff/administration be able to make some kind of colored fieldset code through my BBCode mish-mash? One that automatically changes the background color of the header to match layout on a user level, so there's no one layout or the other gets to see it properly?

That requires more then just simple HTML/CSS I'm sure.

For it to automatically match stuff.

I think the only issue I have with this trick is if there is no background color, I see this...

1817c5b1dd3d46bcb7516ca37dbf8206.png

I'm using a Color Me of the site, and my post background is not pure white. So it doesn't blend. ;;A;;
Errr, I misread your comment. Thought that was an actual usage in the post, not a screenshot.

To fix that, copy the code I presented and, instead of using the normal editor, click that button in the top right of the post editor that pops up with "Use BB Code Editor" when you hover over it. Paste it in there.

Errr, I misread your comment. Thought that was an actual usage in the post, not a screenshot.

To fix that, copy the code I presented and, instead of using the normal editor, click that button in the top right of the post editor that pops up with "Use BB Code Editor" when you hover over it. Paste it in there.

I already use bbcode editor. Honestly I never use RTE XD
The issue I have is when there is no background color. Since my Color Me layout for the site doesn't have a white background for threads, I see everything. XD

I already use bbcode editor. Honestly I never use RTE XD
The issue I have is when there is no background color. Since my Color Me layout for the site doesn't have a white background for threads, I see everything. XD

To be honest, I don't change the font color unless I add a background color. That way everything should work for all themes... I hope.

Honestly, it would probably be easier to straight-up change the color of the fieldset instead of having to use clever tricks to do it.

About That...

With the code combination I have, there are more options such as fonts, border type, color of both the fieldset border and fieldset header/fieldset text (both text and header can be changed to be separate), and there's no actual need to implement new HTML in order to add a color option. Also header location, by adding more indents.

Honestly, it would probably be easier to straight-up change the color of the fieldset instead of having to use clever tricks to do it.

About That...

With the code combination I have, there are more options such as fonts, border type, color of both the fieldset border and fieldset header/fieldset text (both text and header can be changed to be separate), and there's no actual need to implement new HTML in order to add a color option. Also header location, by adding more indents.

https://jsfiddle.net/df92pa0f/

All that can be done much simpler using the actual fieldset, except for the header location, which, yes, your method does better. But it would be less complicated to use the already-set html rather than have to create an entirely new system.

https://jsfiddle.net/df92pa0f/

All that can be done much simpler using the actual fieldset, except for the header location, which, yes, your method does better. But it would be less complicated to use the already-set html rather than have to create an entirely new system.
Looking at that output, the location of the header isn't very appealing. Plus, you have to realize this forum doesn't do open-editing of HTML. There's the intricacies of actually coding it to where the fieldset command has options that one can change to actually change the border, the header font/color, etc. It's a lot more work than just using the HTML because the users only have access to the BBCode the staff generates.

Looking at that output, the location of the header isn't very appealing. Plus, you have to realize this forum doesn't do open-editing of HTML. There's the intricacies of actually coding it to where the fieldset command has options that one can change to actually change the border, the header font/color, etc. It's a lot more work than just using the HTML because the users only have access to the BBCode the staff generates.

Yes, I do know that we can't do HTML here. I'm just saying that it would be easier for the staff to make a new BBCode tag using a built-in system for fieldsets, instead of having to position various divs at specific points then having to measure the color of the background and apply it to the header while being aware that any change in the positioning of the elements could result in the whole thing breaking.

Yes, I do know that we can't do HTML here. I'm just saying that it would be easier for the staff to make a new BBCode tag using a built-in system for fieldsets, instead of having to position various divs at specific points then having to measure the color of the background and apply it to the header while being aware that any change in the positioning of the elements could result in the whole thing breaking.
Either way, it is still a lot of work to implement it all and with all the options presented in a convenient way for the users. So I suppose the best thing that can be done for now is to just try and make the best of current BBCode combinations until the staff put something together, assuming they have the time or desire to try and do so.

Anyway, was a bit fun having a miniature debate with you. Needed a little stress reliever after all the work I've been doing settling into my new home.

Either way, it is still a lot of work to implement it all and with all the options presented in a convenient way for the users. So I suppose the best thing that can be done for now is to just try and make the best of current BBCode combinations until the staff put something together, assuming they have the time or desire to try and do so.

Anyway, was a bit fun having a miniature debate with you. Needed a little stress reliever after all the work I've been doing settling into my new home.

So it's all up to the staff. We'll just have to wait, then.

I've never thought of debates being stress relievers. Interesting. Well, I hope you're all settled there now.

I Also Present...

The colored fieldset, Night Life Version! As well as a triple post because I don't feel like hitting edit buttons more than necessary. Switch to RpN Night Life to see this one actually fit, as the color behind the fieldset title does have to be changed based on which layout is being used. :x

welp. i didn't realize due to laziness since my color me bg is white. though i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for *^*

I Present........
pink

how did you this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back