• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Suggestion Stylize Fieldsets

sorrow made you

from the bottom of the dark, dark sea
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I use Fieldset quite a bit, however as far as I know, on RPN, fieldsets can't change colors. I know there is another site using XenForo system that has the capability of changing the color, the font, and the border style of a fieldset. I actually think it's called a fieldbox instead. o__o
I'm not sure if it's custom to their site though

ANYWAYS. If possible, being able to customize Fieldset a little bit would be awesome.

There was an old tutorial which used the borders and alignment BBCodes to create a faux fieldset.

Code:
[imagefloat=left][indent][center]Lorem Ipsum[/center][/indent][/imagefloat]

[border=2px groove #b80b0b]

Lorem Ipsum

[/border]

Mmm, yeah but it's not quite the same as what I'd like to see. D;

I actually do have a working colorized fieldset. Just a moment while I fetch both regular RpN and RpN Night Life versions, since the color I have to put behind the fieldset title requires changing between the two.

I Also Present...

The colored fieldset, Night Life Version! As well as a triple post because I don't feel like hitting edit buttons more than necessary. Switch to RpN Night Life to see this one actually fit, as the color behind the fieldset title does have to be changed based on which layout is being used. :x

Oh, I should also give the code for this fun little creation of mine. Do note that the only color that should not be tampered with in any way is the BG command, with only a single exception; going from RpN Default to RpN Night Life.

The color for Default is #fefefe, and the color for RpN Night Life is #323232. Anything else will make it look weird due to the background of the fieldset header not matching RpN's background.
Code:
[imagefloat=left]
[INDENT][centerblock=100][bg=#fefefe][COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 89)]I Present...[/COLOR][/bg][/centerblock][/INDENT]
[centerblock=200][/centerblock]
[/imagefloat]

[border= 2px groove #950000]
[COLOR=#0059b3]The colored fieldset![/COLOR]
[/border]

Notes: The fieldset doesn't display right within quotes, and has not been tested with additional background color, with commands such as [ print ] and [ row ], as well as has not been tested with changed text size. Fieldset may be imperfect. However, fonts, bold/italic/strike-through should all work just fine.

I Present...

The colored fieldset!

My attempt at backgrounded feildsets:

I Present...

The colored fieldset!

Code:
[imagefloat=left]
[INDENT][centerblock=100][bg=#FDE792][COLOR=#D1570D]I Present...[/COLOR][/bg][/centerblock][/INDENT]
[centerblock=200][/centerblock]
[/imagefloat]

[bg=#FDE792][border= 2px groove #A9CC66]
[COLOR=#5A1F00]The colored fieldset![/COLOR]
[/border][/bg]

My attempt at backgrounded feildsets:

I Present...

The colored fieldset!
In that sense, there's not much of an issue with the actual background color. What I was referring to was having an overall BG color to the whole of the post. Still, I never did attempt this since I thought there'd be an issue with the shape of the fieldset header background not fitting within the red of the background code.

Nice to know it's not all that bad. I could probably do something to get that in working order with enough effort, though perhaps you might want to take on that task seeing how fun BBCode can be to mess with.

Just wondering, is there a reason why you used a grooved border rather than a solid one? Personally, I think the solid borders look cleaner.

I Present...

The colored fieldset (with a solid border)!
The grooved border is the one that lines up best in the code, as well as is the most resembling of the original fieldset BBCode. Though I suppose you could technically use any of the options for the border command so long as you don't mess up the rest of the coding in the process.

The grooved border is the one that lines up best in the code, as well as is the most resembling of the original fieldset BBCode. Though I suppose you could technically use any of the options for the border command so long as you don't mess up the rest of the coding in the process.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

In that sense, there's not much of an issue with the actual background color. What I was referring to was having an overall BG color to the whole of the post. Still, I never did attempt this since I thought there'd be an issue with the shape of the fieldset header background not fitting within the red of the background code.

Nice to know it's not all that bad. I could probably do something to get that in working order with enough effort, though perhaps you might want to take on that task seeing how fun BBCode can be to mess with.

We will see. I'm getting use to the fact tags on different lines = empty lines. Make the coder in my antsy not to be able to format my code without affecting the end result. :o

Testing
I Present...

The colored fieldset!

Hmm... Apparently indents force a line break....

Last edited:
I Present........
my shelf

Code:
[imagefloat=left][INDENT][heightrestrict=20][bg=#fdfdfd][COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 89)]I Present........[/COLOR][/bg][/heightrestrict][/INDENT] [border=0]my shelf[/border][/imagefloat]

[border= 2px groove #950000]

[/border]

I think the only issue I have with this trick is if there is no background color, I see this...

1817c5b1dd3d46bcb7516ca37dbf8206.png

I'm using a Color Me of the site, and my post background is not pure white. So it doesn't blend. ;;A;;

I think the only issue I have with this trick is if there is no background color, I see this...

1817c5b1dd3d46bcb7516ca37dbf8206.png

I'm using a Color Me of the site, and my post background is not pure white. So it doesn't blend. ;;A;;
welp. i didn't realize due to laziness since my color me bg is white. though i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for *^*

I Present........
pink

Mm! It just seems that you'd have to use a background color in order to hide it. Even if it is white on white background. xD

Thanks for the trick though, gaiz. ;;A;;
This is very useful. ♥

I'll see what can be done with Fieldsets. The other one on said site uses an addon instead of basic HTML/CSS and crafting the bbcode from scratch.

All of our BBCodes except the accordion is made from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back