• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~Stryka~

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kyung-rae nodded as he repeated the date of her birth and her brows furrowed ever so slightly as she noticed his eyes brighten before a smile, this time a real one, spread across his features. She felt slightly embarrassed as she noticed her cheeks had turned a slight shade of pink, she noticed as she felt the heat rise to her cheeks. She blamed it on her shyness though, rather than admitting to herself that it was just a reaction to the smile that rose on the male's face.

Her dark eyes widened, "No way!" she exclaimed softly. They were the exact same age? What a coincidence! That definitely explained the confusion on who was the maknae. Then a happy smile spread across her face, the shy and nervous look gone from her features almost completely. Oh, she was incredibly happy and relieved to have someone her age, especially her exact age, in the band. Someone she could easily be friends with without an age gap or a requirement of formalness.

"Well, it is nice to meet you, Namil." she said with a soft laugh of amusement, happy to not have to address him formally. "It's nice to have someone my age." she added, nodding as her eyes still squinted with her smile. "Speaking of that, we should probably go out there." she suggested as she realized it, her voice getting a bit quieter at the end of her own suggestion. Her shy side didn't like the idea that much, since there were so many strangers, but her friendly side wanted to make more friends and get to know her group members. Besides, she'd feel more comfortable with Namil, someone she already kind of knew, there. Either way, all of the members needed to get to know each other, so she decided it would be best if they went out and joined the others.

Last edited:
Nan was happy to see that Kyung-Rae had relaxed completely, and it urged him to make her feel even more at ease. "You can call me Nana." He said this rather quietly, running a hand through his hair and hesitantly take his mask off. He set it on his nightstand and scrunched up his nose, nervous without the protection. It just seemed rude now to be wearing it indoors around the others, even if it was extremely useful for him.

At her suggestion he sighed and nodded defeatedly. Of course, she was right. No matter how nervous he was he had to get to know the others sometime. Once he warmed up he knew he would be fine, it was just the initial panic of wanting to make a good impression. He ended up leading the way to the living room, not wanting his new friend to be nervous having to walk out first. She did appear to be very shy as well. He quietly joined the group, which had grown substantially, and sat on a couch. He looked around and observed everyone in silence, not sure how to speak up since everyone around him was older.

When she heard a voice talking to her, it startled her for a second. She didnt expect so.eone to talk to her, right? Well, she looked really innocent because of the dress she was wearing and her black hair was in braids. She bowed slightly to him. He looked older, so she knew how to address him, Korean culture seemed to grow on her that much since she moved here.

"I'm a Rapper, Composer, and the leader of this group. I'm letting everyone mingle before I start telling them what we are going to be up to because we have to get settled, pick beds, grocery shopping.... and I'm going to cook for everyone, at least I hope I won't cause a fire on our first day. Hyung, what's your name?" She asked with a shy smile and a cute laugh.

Katelyn actually seemed extremely comfortable to older men rather than the maknaes, maybe it was a her thing, who knows.

The small woman smiled softly at his words, "Okay, Nana." she said, nodding. "And you can call me Rae, or Rain. Whichever you want." she suggested, figuring she would tell him her nicknames, since he did so to her. She watched as he took off his mask, however hesitantly it was, and felt a bit more comfortable knowing that he felt more comfortable himself. And she couldn't help but be a bit shocked as her eyes observed his face; he was even more handsome without the mask. But, of course, she made sure to observe his very briefly so that it didn't look like she was staring.

Kyung-rae herelf sighed in a sort of agreement to his own sigh, which she knew was a quiet sign of his dread. And she didn't blame him, for she felt nervous as well. "Okay, let's go, then." she said with an unsure tone. But, seeing him exit the bedroom made her less nervous and she followed suit, almost completely following him to the group. She stopped beside the group, looking up at the other five people. There were two new people that she hadn't met yet, a pretty woman and a very tall, tattooed man. She bowed to the woman before bowing to the man, making sure her bows were polite. "Hello, I'm Chae Kyung-rae." she greeted respectfully, her voice having returned to its soft and shy tone, though maintaining a sweet and innocent one as well.

Jinwoo had walked a bit closer into the room, knowing it would look so odd if he had just stood next to the door. Though, just as he was going to sit on one of the couches as girl with maybe the smallest face ever had spoke to him. If he hadn't been watching his new members, he would've missed her introduction as she was so soft-spoken. He bowed to her in response, a soft smile adorning his lips, " Hi, I'm Jinwoo." After his short introduction, he sat on the couch offering the seat next to him to Kyung-rae,

"So, is there anything that we're supposed to be doing as of now?" Jinwoo asked, having never been in this type of situation. He had known Hyunwoo for year before debuting, but he was pretty certain he had never seen any of these trainees before.

Kyung-rae's lips spread in a small, shy, and sweet smile as the tall man returned the introduction with a smile of his own to accompany it. So his name was Jinwoo. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to call the boys, other than Nana, oppa or not, so she just avoided addressing them until she did know, at least at the moment. She bowed once again after he introduced himself and watched as he sat on the couch, following as he offered the seat next to him for her. She was happy with that, since that meant she could sit in between Jinwoo and Nana, who had sat down on the couch earlier. "This is Namil." she introduced to Jinwoo, gesturing towards the male beside her. She didn't feel that comfortable talking this much to strangers, but she figured she would introduce Namil to Jinwoo since he was there.

She looked over at Jinwoo as he spoke and shrugged in response. "I'm not sure, this is my first time." she said, her eyes moving to the others who still talked amongst themselves. As she looked around, she couldn't help but wonder who were vocalists and who were rappers, but most of all, she wondered who the leader was. Anyone of them looked like they could be a leader, since they all seemed kind, smart, and confident. But, she figured she would have to wait until said leader introduced themselves, which made sense for the leader to do. Running a hand through her hair, the small girl sat on the couch, waiting for whatever would happen next.

Last edited:
Namil smiled when Rain sat next to him, glad she had filled the spot next to him. He looked over curiously at the male on the other side of her, and dipped his head respectfully when introduced. "It's nice to meet you Hyung." He too looked around, wondering the same things. He wanted to know who the oldest were, what everyone's names were. Who would be rooming with who! It was all starting to become a bit exciting to him, and he leaned over to Rain slightly. "Do you have any idea who's in charge?"

Jinwoo greeted the blonde boy on the other side of Kyung-rae as well with a slight bow of his head, "You too." It seemed as everyone was waiting for someone to start up their first meeting as a group. With a shrug, Jinwoo looked over all of the new members, three girls and five guys to make a total of eight members. He was sure he wasn't the only one looking for their leader, but he felt like if they didn't start doing something productive, then they were going to be staying out here all day.

Without knowing who the leader was, Jinwoo cleared his throat, "So, hi." He started, getting all eyes pointed at him. "So I'm Jinwoo, I mostly rap and dance. I'm not the leader, but I thought a real introduction would be good for us all." He shrugged slightly , looking towards Kyung-rae to continue his initiative, hopefully.

When she heard a voice talking to her, it startled her for a second. She didnt expect so.eone to talk to her, right? Well, she looked really innocent because of the dress she was wearing and her black hair was in braids. She bowed slightly to him. He looked older, so she knew how to address him, Korean culture seemed to grow on her that much since she moved here.

"I'm a Rapper, Composer, and the leader of this group. I'm letting everyone mingle before I start telling them what we are going to be up to because we have to get settled, pick beds, grocery shopping.... and I'm going to cook for everyone, at least I hope I won't cause a fire on our first day. Hyung, what's your name?" She asked with a shy smile and a cute laugh.

Katelyn actually seemed extremely comfortable to older men rather than the maknaes, maybe it was a her thing, who knows.

"I'm Rhydian, nice to meet you", he replied, feeling a little relieved that they already had a leader who seemed to know what she was doing. She even offered to cook, truly their savior. And at least she had a good plan, he wondered if she knew anything else about the group that he didn't. The only things he had gotten was their name and their dorm's address. "I feel like I should be helping you with some things too. We're kinda the authorities here", he obseved with a little laugh, glad that she had told a joke before so he was probably free to do it too, he assumed?

"Also, you can talk to me in English sometimes, if the cultural shock is ever too much to handle", Rhydian offered. He knew what had saved him in the first two years was having other trainees next to him who were also pretty new to everything they were going through, so in a way or another this felt like returning their favor and their kindness.

"The culture shock isnt that bad, its adjusting to being a leader of 7 other members. Sometimes I need someone to back up my.... decisions, I guess" she spoke with a laugh. Katelyn stood with a grin and patted Rhydian on the shoulder before she walked towards the center of the room. "Attention everyone! I have things to say!" She shyly yelled out and bowed, "My name is Katelyn, I go by Kate, I will be one of your Rappers and most importantly... your Leader. I hope I can lead this team to success like our Star Entertainment Seniors have done. Now, Stryka will be more than a team. It's going to be an incredible family and I hope we can be best friends too." Katelyn bowed once more, proud of what she said.

She was happy with how professional she sounded, and so she stepped back. She let them mingle again. They had alot to do with the fall being their biggest season yet, and they had yet to pull things together for a debut and an eventual show.

Here's to new beginnings.

After watching the small interaction and introduction between Jinwoo and Nana, the young girl continued looking at the others, just observing. She was also trying to remember their names, at least the names of the ones who had introduced themselves to her. But she also wondered what she would call the boys. She didn't know if oppa was appropriate, or if they were comfortable, and she wouldn't call them hyung since she was a girl. She knew she would call the two other girls unnie and all, but she had no idea what to call the five boys. That was one of the reasons she was unbelievably relieved to have someone like Namil, someone she didn't have to worry about addressing respectfully.

Raising her brows, she looked over at Namil as he spoke to her. She shrugged, shaking her head. "No, I have no idea. I was just wondering the same thing." she said, her eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I'm sure they'll introduce themselves soon, though." she added, sure of her words. It made sense for their leader to just let them mingle before getting things started, so she figured it was that. She would probably do the same if she was the leader.

Kyung-rae looked over at Jinwoo as he cleared his throat and spoke up, listening to his words. Ah, so he was the same as her, a rapper and a dancer. She nodded along, but her eyes widened slightly as she noticed he looked over at her for her to go next. "Oh, um." she said quickly and quietly and was going to introduce herself when one of the other girls spoke rather loudly. She listened to her with a kind expression and nodded, her mouth opening slightly in understanding as the girl, who introduced herself as Katelyn, announced that she was the leader of their group. After Katelyn's introduction, there was a brief moment of silence and Rae decided she would force herself to introduce herself, as much as she hated speaking up.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Chae Kyung-rae and I am also a rapper and dancer, as well as the maknae." she said in her usual sweet, shy voice, though she made it louder than usual so the others could hear her well enough, with a small bow of her head accompanied with her hello. She then nodded, as if to confirm the information and conclude her introduction, and gulped down her nervousness in relief that she was done before waiting for the next person to talk.

Last edited:
Namil looked to their leader as she introduced herself. He was a bit surprised it was one of the girls, and she didn't seem to be very old either. He would of course treat her with just as much respect he just found it interesting. After she did his newfound friend, Rain, told everyone her name and positions. He smiled a little, seeing how brave she was to address everyone directly and speak up so loudly. He admired that confidence, because he was sure he wouldn't be able to mirror it in the slightest.

Once she was done he closed his eyes for a split second, already feeling his cheeks heating up. He spoke up but it probably wasn't loud enough. His words caught in his throat at first, but eventually he managed to push them out just loud enough to be heard by everyone. "Hello, my name is Nahm Namil, though I would like to be called Nana or Hero..." He looked around nervously and gulped, "Um... I dance mainly and kind of sing." He hated his voice so didn't exactly want to advertise it too much. He quickly tagged to the end, "I am the Maknae... Along with Kyung-rae we were born the same day... January 7. Coincidence." He realized soon that he was babbling, adding way too much information and bit his tongue. Finally he looked down, "Uh- yeah."

After their leader started the introductions officially, everyone seemed to be doing the same, or at least planning to. They seemed to be getting along just fine after all; one of Rhydian's biggest fears was being selected to be part of a group that didn't talk or like each other at all. This was good, though, all of his dongsaengs seemed like great people. The auditions for their company also were definitely not somehting you could easily pass, which meant that all of them had to have some level of talent. Rhydian felt really good about this. "Okay, nice. My turn", he said, excited, trying to get everyone's attention for now.

"I'm Rhydian Kwon, or Kwon Soohyeon, they're both fine. I've been dancing for as long as I can recognize myself as a person, which, from what I understood, was before most of you were even born", he started, deciding to throw in a little joke as a way to tell everyone he was the oldest of them; now everyone knew his basic character too. "I'm also a singer and one of the visuals in our group. Let's all work hard and do our best", he finished speaking with a smile as well, pleased with himself after doing a good job, even if it hadn't really started yet.

Sanghwa realized the next turn had come to her, though she was standing a bit behind the group, observing. It had been a mix of conversation and people walking about so when things had finally calmed down, she chose to listen and look around as new people introduced themselves to get to know the members of the group better. It seemed like they had a lot of dancers, which made her stifle a small laugh. Well, it seemed there would be no shortage of help for her lack of skill in the dancing category. Now, with a slight smile, she raised her hands in an awkward wave to the rest of the group out of habit. When she got nervous, she tended to not be able to hold still, hence her need to move her hands and shift her weight. "Hi. My name is Moon Sanghwa. Er, well, my birth name is Maria. I'm a vocalist." She let her hands fall to sit clasped over one another in front of her.

Minjun stood behind the door that lead into the room his new band members would be in, feeling his brain practically screaming at him to just walk away- despite that being quite impossible now, considering how long Minjun had been waiting for this and how hard he'd been working for it.
A minute passed before the boy inhaled sharply to himself and pressed his hand against the door, pushing it open. His head popped into the room from behind the door and he immediately noticed the group all sat down opposite of Min. His eyes widened a bit and his mouth formed a sheepish, timid smile. He felt terribly out of place already, and he'd just only poked his head in.

" A-ah. I'm sorry for not showing up earlier. I had to deal with something. "
The boy apologised, silently walking towards the group and taking a seat on the couch in silence, too nervous to make eye-contact with any of his band members for more than a second.

Namil glanced at the boy who entered, registering that he was very beautiful. Just like everyone here... He basically felt like a gremlin next to any one of the members! He was a bit embarrassed when the new boy sat next to him, acting a bit shy as he avoided all eye contact. Clearly an introvert. This instantly made him feel a bit better, knowing he was going to be the more confident out of the two of them. He tilted his head, and nudged his arm gently, "What's your name? I'm Nana." Again he had to reintroduce himself, but he didn't mind too much. The others seemed to be busy with their own introductions so weren't really paying attention to the two of them. Or so it seemed.

Minjun was looking away from his group nervously, deciding to himself how he should behave- was looking away making him look like a snob? A brat? Min has had this problem in the past before, and he never really knew how to deal with it asides from being 'more social'; a vague concept to the boy.
Though, a soft nudge on Min's arm immediately caught his attention. He snapped out from his daydream and turned his head to the boy besides him, blinking.
Min immediately put on a soft smile, one of his hands waving weakly before falling limp.

" Ah, hello. My name is Pom Min-jun. Call me Minjun for short. " Min replied to Nana, relieved that someone had decided to engage in conversation with him rather than him needing to insert himself into the group to converse.

"Minjun…" He formed the name and thought on it, then quickly replaced it with a respectful, "Hyung." Instead. "I don't feel comfortable being informal." The youngest explained softly, inching a bit closer to the newest arrival. "What are your roles? How old are you? Where are you from?" The questions all poured out in a rush and he blinked, feeling a bit bad in case he was overwhelming his Hyung. He just couldn't help but be curious about the lives of all his new members! Especially this shy male.
Plus he wanted to make anyone who felt nervous feel better, just because he knew how sucky it was to have that shy and sickening feeling of nerves in your stomach.

Min placed his elbow on the arm of the couch and leaned back a bit, trying to relax himself- or appear more relaxed, anyways. He certainly wasn't going to calm down very soon. Namil was doing a good job easing him a little bit, so perhaps Min would find his place quicker than he would without the boy. Perhaps.

"I mainly sing, but I also double as a dancer." Minjun explained, crossing one of his legs over the other in a slightly feminine manner. Min would go into detail about his roles, but there wasn't much really to talk about- asides from Min not being good with extended periods of exercise. It'd be best not to go into petty details at the moment.

" I'm 20, and from Seoul. " The boy finished soon after. He paused for a short while before shooting a question back at Nana.

" So, how old are you, and where are you from ? "

Kyung-rae smiled softly as she watched and listened as Namil introduced himself to the group, also adding the fact that she and he were born on the same day and, therefore, were the maknaes of the group. After Nana finished with his introduction, the young girl's eyes fell upon the boy Rhydian as it was his turn to introduce himself. She nodded along with his words, laughing softly at his joke, which also cleared the air on his age. So he was their eldest member. And he was also one of the visuals as well as a singer. She nodded along before her eyes looked towards another girl, who she remembered as Sanghwa, who was next, and she listened to her words. Ah, she was a vocalist. Rae had gotten that kind of feel from her, but she hadn't thought anything about it since she wasn't really in any place to assume someone's role, considering she herself was a rapper and probably didn't have the appearance or personality of a typical one.

Suddenly, the door to the dorm opened and her brown eyes flicked over to it as a rather short but pretty boy walked in, giving off a very shy air, in her eyes. She smiled very softly in response to his apology, basically saying it was okay. After he sat down next to Namil, her eyes went back to whoever was speaking up next, but she looked back at the two not much later as she heard them talking. "Hello." she said with a soft smile, feeling comfortable addressing him since he seemed a bit nervous and shy himself. "I'm Chae Kyung-rae." she introduced, giving a small bow of her head to the newcomer with a friendly smile. "I am a rapper, dancer, and maknae." she added. If he didn't want to talk to her since he was talking to Nana, she would stop, she just wanted him to know who she was before.

Rhydian looked around as his fellow members introduced themselves, still not interacting much since he was a little new to this and he didn't really know anyone yet. But he could tell that they were all good-looking and couldn't wait to see them perform. They were all very different also, and he wasn't sure how they would all fit into one group with the same concept. He had received little to no information about them as a group, there were still a lot of questions in his mind. He decided to wait for a moment of silence to ask.

"By the way, guys", he asked after the last introduction, his voice a little louder to be heard by such a large group of people, "is everyone already here? Do we know how many members we have?"

Namil smiled when Min asked him the same questions, hoping that meant he was comfortable. He answered in a very soft and polite tone, "I am eighteen, and from a small town outside of Seoul! My father worked in the city so we lived near." His eyes turned towards Rain as she also told him her name, and he added right after. "And I sing, but mainly dance. A lot of people seem to." He said as an after thought.

When Rhydian stood and asked how many of them there were he tapped his chin thoughtfully, "I think there are six?"

(If Mystic Butterfly continues to be unactive I may remove them so we'll say six for now.)

The boy nodded in silence to Namil’s response, interested in what the 18 year old had to say for himself. Minjun was about to speak up, but a new voice in the conversation had caught his attention.
Min’s head turned to the side and soon located the girl. He shot a small sheepish smile back at her.
“ Ah. “ Min started, his brain hurriedly trying to paste together an introduction.
“ Hello, “ He started, one of his limp hands reanimated to give Kyung-rae a tiny wave before falling back down uselessly.
“ I’m Pom Minjun. I main in singing and dancing. “

Then, a voice louder than the others caught Min’s immediate attention. The boy turned his head over to Rhydian and looked on in silence, listening to the other band members answer his question.

"Well, sounds good to me", he answered honestly, smiling at Namil as he replied. He had been okay with any number of members in the group from the beginning, just slightly worried about the size of their dorm if they were too many, and the only thing that had surprised him was the fact that they'd have girls too. It was a good surprise, however, and genuinely wanted to be friends with all of them. Speaking of which, he had something else to say, "We should probably choose our rooms soon, then".

Jinwoo found himself shocked that Kyung-rae, who was a quiet and sweet looking girl was a rapper as well. But, in this industry, looks are often deceiving. He wasn't as surprised by others roles within the group however he had figured out that he was the second oldest member after Rhydian. "Age based for the guys? And the girls can room together?" He suggested when it came time to divide into their new dorm rooms. "Or maybe we should draw lots?" Jinwoo chewed on his bottom lip in thought, hoping he didn't sound too sexist when throwing out his ideas. Living with the opposite sex was already hard and it hadn't even been an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back