• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Strings of Fate

Royce nodded. "Indeed, delicious as always. Shall we be going?"

He stood as the wisps began cleaning the table and putting the food away, Vellari grabbing a couple more biscuits off of the plate before a wisp carried it off.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go," she mumbled, her voice muffled by the biscuit shoved in her mouth. The group left the kitchen and made their way out into the field, where they stood in the morning sun and felt the gentle breeze.

"Okay, let's get this over with," sighed the Lai'Ko, the red runes snaking down her arm as she invoked Desire.

@Dethbycoffee

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyra pressed a hand over her lips to stifle the giggle that bubbled through her over the Lai'ko's reaction. She honestly couldn't understand why the warrior always worked, and never played, but that wasn't her responsibility anyway. Royce agreed with her occasionally to have some fun rather than train day in and day out, and that was all that mattered to Lyra. "Finally a break. Time to have some fun!" she grinned, somewhat cheering to herself as she readied to leave with the others.

Tara giggled quietly, shaking her head slightly as she prepared to leave with the others. She tossed a dagger around her hand, twirling around her fingers with ease. "You and me can do some training later, Vellari, kay?" she said with smile up at her close friend.

(Sorry that took so long, @The Villain King. Some days.... some days.... -.-;; )

"Yeah, okay..." sighed Vellari, ruffling Tara's hair, then looking up as Desire materialized in the air before them.

"Darling, it's been too long..." crooned the Vice.

"Not long enough. Tara and I need to become human for a day."

"Human? My, my, you-"

"Cut the gushl and just do it," snapped Vellari, impatiently, biting a finger and holding out the bleeding appendage.

The vice caught a few drops in her hand, grinning and chuckling as she disappeared. As Desire departed, Vellari and Tara began to change and shift into human bodies. Vellari hated doing it, but it was necessary if they were going to spend the entire day on Earth. True, they could use Conduit power to make an illusion, but that would require constant focus and could possibly drain Vellari's energy. Easier to just make a deal with Desire and grit her teeth through the hangups of a human body.

big_thumb_827cc759d284533dc21ce39b22a25d65.jpg

Once the transformation was complete, she stretched her arms, nearly losing her balance. She muttered something about tails and practiced moving around before they left. Her human form was tall, Obviously not as tall as she normally was, but tall for a human girl, and slightly more muscular as well. Her lower lip was pierced with a metal stud, and her white hair was streaked with blood-red dye. She always took this appearance when she was forced to be human, mostly because it was fierce and intimidating, and other humans generally left her alone when they saw how she looked. Usually.

Royce smirked. "You always did make a convincing human."

"Let's just go already," Vellari grunted, her face slowly turning red.

@Dethbycoffee

Last edited by a moderator:
pic_1427303049_1_zpslzzqz3kr.jpg

Tara smiled as she looked at her pale hands, and quickly lifted them to touch her ears. Smooth and round just like a humans. She giggled, and looked at Vellari adjusted to her human form as well. "Just as fierce as always, Vel." she said warmly, unable to keep from giggling as her friend's cheeks reddened. She took her friend's hand, knowing even though she was human for the moment, her directional skills still didn't exist. "I'll try not to get lost. Promise." she said with a laugh.

Lyra grinned, "Let's go!" she said, unable to hide her utter excitement that they were getting out of there for the day. She loved Royce, and Vellari and Tara were entertaining, but she missed the hustle and bustle of everyday life from before she learned she was a Conduit. She knew that would possibly change as the years moved on, Royce had comforted her many times over this, telling her it would get easier as time moved forward. She blinked a few times, pressing back the sadder feelings. She minutely shook her head, Now isn't the time to think of that. We're going to have fun today! She silently told herself.

When they finally got to the world she remembered, the fair laid out before them, she grinned. "Today will be amazing!" she giggled.

@The Villain King

((My image of human Vel derped out. Did you get a chance to see it?))

Once they entered the Earth universe and arrived at the fair, Royce went off with Lyra and Vellari with Tara. "It's 5 PM now, meet back here when the fair closes at 10. Have fun!"

Royce walked around with Lyra, one hand in the pocket of his scarlet longcoat and the other holding her hand. He had to admit, he did enjoy himself quite a bit the last time they were here. The bustle of the crowd, the sounds, the music and the lights, it was all so festive and carefree. Some of the games posed an interesting challenge as well, that is, provided Royce didn't cheat with his abilities.

"Did you have an idea of what you wanted to do first, Lyra?" he asked, squeezing her hand and glancing over at a game stand, with copious amounts of stuffed animals in all sizes on display as prizes. He silently vowed to win one for her later.

~

"Are people here really lead such uneventful lives that their only thrills come from riding these mechanical deathtraps?" Vellari scoffed, looking up at one such ride evidently dubbed 'the Tilt-A-Whirl'. It was a question that she had been asking herself the last time she was here, but only just now had decided to vocalize it.

She was standing next to Tara, her head in full alert-defense mode as the two of them were carried along by the current of the crowd and, to an extent, their own two feet. She certainly didn't feel safe. The warrior maiden had heard Lyra's stories about what people from Earth were like, and she didn't trust them any farther than she could throw them. One group of individuals in particular were setting Vellari off: a band of poorly dressed, and, frankly, poorly-groomed miscreants that had been laying eyes on the two Conduits for at least ten minutes now. Her fingers clenched into fists with a symphony of knuckles cracking as she did so.

"Tara, come on, just pick a ride already. They're all basically the same."

@The Villain King Yeah, I'm gonna have to bow out... I'm having some horrid health issues right now. Almost non-stop migraines for close to a month now and the doctors can't figure out why, and medication isn't helping. It's all I can do to even look at my computer screen most days. I'm so sorry! I'll catch up on another rp or something with ya once I can get these damn migraines under control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back