Stranded [Legendless & TheRoleplayingDovah]

"I'm sorry to hear that but hopefully, you'll find the perfect guy someday." Jennifer told Cecillia as she gave her a friendly smile whilst floating in the river. "I don't have anyone." She told her as she scooped up some water with her hands and drank some. "Ahh, that's better." She commented after drinking the water. "But hopefully, i'll find that special someone." She told her new friend and was unaware that Cecillia was trying to avoid blushing.

"I'm not really looking for perfect," Cecilia said, her face still burning despite the cool water. She also wasn't looking for a guy but she decided against outing herself. She wasn't sure if admitting she's a lesbian would make Jennifer want to leave and Cecilia didn't want to be alone.

"Really? Pretty girl like you. I'm surprised. I'm sure you'll find someone someday as well."

"I hope so." Jennifer said to Cecilia as she relaxed in the water. "and thanks." She added afterwards as she floated on her back. "You're quite pretty as well. I know you'll find the perfect man or woman one day." She told her with a friendly smile before drinking more water and submerged her flask afterwards to fill it up.

Pretty. Cecilia felt her face get hotter. Was that even possible. Without thinking she submerged her head, trying to get it cooled off. She knew she was only acting this way because she was lonely and well Jennifer was attractive. If they weren't alone maybe Cecilia could be more rational.

She came back up. Although she realized that Jennifer had included woman this time. Before she could say anything she heard a noise from behind. A slightly crashing noise. She thought of her weird dreams and tensed before realizing a deer had come up to the river's edge to drink. She went wide-eyed and tried to point the deer out.

"Look."

Jennifer remained silent as she watched the deer drink. "We are very luck to see this." She whispered to Cecillia with a smile. She hoped that the deer wouldn't leave any time soon.

Cecilia nodded silently. It was peaceful watching the deer drink. She let out a noise of excitement when a second deer joined the first. She didn't make any sudden movement or noise, afraid that doing so wouldn't just make them run off but ruined the nice moment.

She turned slowly to Jennifer. "Too bad we can't eat them. They are far too cute to eat now anyways."

"They're adorable!" Jennifer whispered to Cecilia as she watched the deer drink from the river. She doubted that they could kill the deer even if they wanted to due to a lack of sharp objects. She hoped that they could find something to eat soon and that they wouldn't have to kill an animal in order to do so.

"I keep thinking if we follow them they might lead us to like nuts or berries. I'm tempted to eat grass right about now," Cecilia said, half-joking. One of the deer raised it's head and looked around before returning to drinking. Cecilia sighed and looked towards the shore.

"There must be edible things here. I'm sure we'll be fine."

"At least we have each other." Jennifer told Cecillia whilst continuing to relax in the cold water. "Hopefully, we'll find some food by the end of today and won't slowly starve." She said to her friend and felt foolish for bring up the topic of death. "I hope it won't get cold later." She said to Cecillia in an attempt to change the topic.

Cecilia nodded. She was really glad that they were getting along. She couldn't imagine being lost with someone she hated. She might resort to cannabalism if that was the case.

Cecilia looked up at the sky and shook her head. "It might but it's summer. So luck is on our side there. No worries of snow. Although I do hope we can avoid storms until we're out of here."

Cecilia moved back to the shore and watched as the deer scattered. She glanced down the bank waiting for Jennifer to join her.

"Hopefully but knowing our luck, we'll get caught in one." Jennifer said to Cecillia whilst floating on the river. She scooped up some water with both hands and drank some of it before seeing Cecilia had moved back to the shore. She was glad that they were getting along and knew that she could rely on the woman. She smiled at Cecilia as she swam towards the shore and slowly walked up to the bank. Her shirt was clinging to her skin and all of her upper body was visible through it. She left the river and walked over to her shoes. "That was nice." She told Cecilia whilst putting her shoes and socks on. She hoped she wouldn't regret going into the river fully clothed.

They did seem to be unlucky didn't they? Although thinking about it it could be so much worse. She ringed out her hair as she watched Jennifer get out of the river too. She tried not to stare but it wasn't exactly easy. She turned away feeling a faint blush.

"I guess it's back to walking. Man will we be in shape when this is over." As they walked Cecilia let out a cry of joy. There was berries on a bush up ahead! She raced to it and picked one. But before she ate it she remembered learning that some berries were poisonous. She couldn't be sure if this was one of them. She tried to think of which would be the better death: Starvation or poison. She turned to Jennifer to get her opinion.

"Think they're edible?"

Jennifer was unaware that Cecillia had tried to avoid staring at her and that she had a faint blush. "yep." She said in agreement with Cecillia as she walked beside her companion. "We won't need to go to the gym for a year or two!" She told her before Cecilia let out a cry of joy. "No way!" She exclaimed in disbelief before Cecillia picked one. She walked over to the bush and picked a single berry from it. "I hope so!" She said to Cecillia. She looked at the berry she was holding and said "I don't know how to tell if it's edible or not other then taking a bite of it."

Cecilia peered down at the berry in her hand as if it could grow a mouth and tell her whether she was going to choke on it or not. Not that a fruit growing a mouth might prevent her from ever going near this bush again. It was up to luck whether they'd end up dying lost in the woods from posion but her stomach said it would be worth it.

Slowly Cecilia raised it to her mouth not sure why she had volunteered to be the guinea pig. She took a fit a feeling of pleasure from finally eating and tried to smile. "Well if I collapse you'll know whether this was a good idea or not." But after a minute she felt okay. A little queasy but otherwise okay.

Jennifer watched Cecilia eat the berry and hoped that she would be ok. "Hopefully, it's a good idea." She told Cecilia as she ate her berry and felt a bit queasy. "Not bad." She said to Cecilia as she helped herself to more berries and ate them. She hoped that they wouldn't pay for it later or worse, suffered a slow death.

[sorry for the lateness]

Cecilia ate more of the berries helping to pick the bush dry. She was worried that if they were poisonous that eating more would only make her death sooner but the hunger was overwhelming. She didn't realize how much until she started eating. Still the berries were good. Although that might have been the hunger too.

"I hope we get this lucky again," Cecilia. "Or we find a way out before it becomes necessary to find more food." She had a feeling the former was more likely than the latter but she didn't voice it.

Jennifer grabbed a handful of berries and shoved them into her mouth. "Oh my god." She uttered afterwards in a relieved tone. She grabbed another handful and proceeded to eat them to conquer the hunger within her. "Hopefully." She said to her friend whilst helping herself to more berries. She hoped that they hadn't made a fatal mistake by eating the berries. She didn't believe that they would find a way out soon but believed it was best not to mention it. "It beats trying to figure out how to cook a deer!" She told Cecilia as she crammed more berries into her mouth and ate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back