Stranded [Legendless & TheRoleplayingDovah]

Legendless

Netherworld Overlord
Cecilia wasn't sure how she got to the point she was at currently. She remembered waking up this morning thinking it was going to be a nice day. A nice outing with her parents and younger sister. A chance to get away from everything.

The park they were at was near a trail and Cecilia remembered deciding to go up it. She hadn't really paid attention to where she was going or how big the trail actually was. She probably should have. It was so easy to veer off at the sound of a noise and well, not she wasn't sure what had happened. It was all a little blurry in her mind.

What she did know though was that she was not alone. She turned to the girl she had ran into while trying to find her way back to the path. They hadn't introduced themselves yet but she looked about the same age.

"So I'm Cecilia," she said finally.

Jennifer had walked along a different path from her friends. She was curious to where it would lead and didn't realise that her friends weren't following her untill it was too late. She didn't know how to get back and wandered in a random direction, hoping it would lead her back. She had ran into another woman along the way. "I'm Jennifer." She said to the other woman.

Jennifer. Good name. Cecilia nodded not sure what to say next. She was pretty good at making friends, but they were currently lost and so Cecilia was nervous and worried. Not the best time to chat it up.

"Jennifer. Do you, ah, know where we are? I thought I heard an animal and wanted to see. Don't get a chance to see much wildlife where I live. I think I went off the path too far."

"I don't." Jennifer told Cecilia. "I just wanted to know where the path went and got lost. By the time i realised my friends weren't with me, it was too late and i couldn't remember the way back." She told Cecilia as she walked with her. She wished she hadn't let curiosity get the better of her and hoped that they would find a way out before nightfall. But if they couldn't make it out before nighttime, at least she wasn't going to be alone.

Cecilia bit her lower lip as she glanced around. The forest looked pretty much the same in all directions. It was hard to tell which way she might have come from. If they went the wrong way they'd only get themselves more lost.

"We have a few hours before it gets dark. I'm sure we will find the trail." She wasn't sure how convincing she sounded to Jennifer but she didn't believe herself.

"Hopefully." Jennifer said to Cecilia. She didn't believe they would get back before dark and knew that they would have to find a place to sleep in the woods once it was dark. She believed it would be impossible to make their way back once night struck them. She uncorked her flask and drank the remains of her water. She had drank most of it during the past few hours when she was with her friends. "****." Jennifer uttered after she noticed that her flask was empty. She sighed as she continued walking.

"So what brings you here," Cecilia asked. There wasn't much else to do other than walk and search for the trail. Why not try and strike up a conversation? In truth the woman would rather have an awkward conversation with some stranger than walk in silence. She would never admit to it but she was freaked out and talking was a distraction.

"I came here with the family. I needed a break and so did they. Walked off on my own and yeah."

"I came with here with a few mates and i kinda wandered off. I just wanted to know where this path lead to and before i knew it, i was lost." Jennifer told Cecilia as she looked inside the flask to see if there were any small bits of water left. There were none and she sighed again.

Cecilia nodded. So they have both strayed away from the people they were with. She could see her mother calling out to her and her father's face all furrowed and worried. She pressed down harder on her lip in guilt.

"Well then people should be looking for us too," Cecilia said. She watched Jennifer for a moment. "Are you, um, thirsty?"

"No." Jennifer lied to Cecilia. She didn't want to worry the woman or using her drinking supplies because it would mean she would have less to drink. "Just checking how much i've got left." She told Cecilia. "****." she quietly uttered under her breath.

Cecilia nodded believing the other woman's words. She walked in silence as she tried to think of something to say. She didn't want to bombard Jennifer with questions but she was uncomfortable by the silent they walked in. It allowed her to think too much without a distraction and the fear of being lost for a long time was one of the things she wished to avoid thinking about.

"I'm glad we found each other. I couldn't imagine being here alone. I'd probably cry or something." Yes Cecilia that was good. Say how much of a wimp you are.

"I'm glad i found you as well." Jennifer said to Cecilia as she walked with her. "I would hate to be here by myself and probably would end up crying at some point." She said as she walked and looked at the sky to see if it was starting to get dark or not. She walked without saying anything for a few minutes before realising that it could be very cold tonight. "If we don't get out by tonight, what are we going to do?" She asked the other woman.

Cecilia was glad to find that they both had 'crying lost in the woods' in common. She opened her mouth to answer her question but shut it. What would they do?

"I guess we'd have to try and sleep here," Cecilia answered finally, not liking that idea at all. It was going to be cold and she didn't really have anything she could use as a blanket. She tripped over a rock, cursing. As she bent down to fix her shoe she heard what sounded like a branch snapping. She froze for a moment before shaking her head. Nerves were getting to her.

"It doesn't sound pleasant but I'd rather not try and walk in the dark."

"Are you okay?" Jennifer asked Cecilia after she tripped over a rock. She was glad that the woman was okay after she bent down to fix her shoe. "Me neither." She commented before hearing the branch snapping. "Did you hear that?" she asked the woman in a bit of a worried tone.

Cecilia nodded twice, once to say that she was okay and the second time to indicate that she heard the noise. A similiar noise had drawn her off the path not too long ago. But she wasn't going to get curiosity get the better of her this time.

"It's probably an animal. I know some deer live in here." Hopefully no bears of any sort. Deers would run off if they got too close, but dealing with a bear or any large animal would be bad. "I spotted a doe earlier. Unless it's someone walking in which case we might be close to the path." That was possible too and Cecilia wondered if they should head towards the noise.

"Hopefully it's a doe but i think we better not go that way in case we make it worse for ourselves." Jennifer told Cecilia and sighed. She hoped she was right and that they were not in danger of being attacked by an animal. "But then again, we may be near it and knowing our luck, walking away from it would be the wrong thing to do." She said to her. She had nothing she would use as a blanket apart from her coat but it wouldn't really keep her warm due to it being fairly thin.

It seemed they had a plan. Cecilia bit her lip again wondering if she was going to end up breaking the skin. She nodded and headed towards the noise. She walked for a bit, glancing at Jennifer every so often. She heard another noise and turned to the left, but she didn't see anything. Maybe it was an animal and it had scurried off.

"Damn! I wish we had a map or something so we know where we are." Cecilia thought she saw something brown out of the corner of her eye but it moved away too fast. "Do you see anything?"

Jennifer folowed Cecilia and saw that it was an animal before it ran of. She sighed and said "Looks like we'll spend the night here." She sighed afterwards and wished that hadn't eaten all of the food she had taken with her on the hike.. "No." Jennifer worringly said to Ceilia. She wasn't looking forward to sleeping out in the forrest but believed they would and hoped that it wouldn't be cold tonight.

"Oh well."

Cecilia sat down on the ground glad that it was dry. She was tired from walking and they weren't getting anywhere at the moment. She leaned against a tree trying to think of something that would help. Short of screaming for probably hours or setting the forest on fire to draw attention, she couldn't think of anything.

"It's not going to be the most comfortable night. Hopefully it'll only be tonight."

"Hopefully." Jennifer said as she sat down on the ground and was relieved that it was dry. She too was tired from walking. She started to feel a bit thirsty but didn't say anything to Cecilia and said "We may as well stay here tonight unless you want to find somewhere else." She hoped it wouldn't rain tonight and hoped that it wouldn't be that cold.

"I think here is fine for now." Cecilia looked up at the branches. Would sleeping in the tree be safer? It'd protect them from any dangerous wildlife maybe but they could also fall out of it and broken limbs were not a good idea at all. "Do you know how to make a fire? God I so regret not going to Girl Scouts now."

She dug into her own pack for water and sipped it, looking at Jennifer again. She was pretty Cecilia decided. Much prettier than herself. She looked away not wanting to creep her out by staring too long. "I guess we could always huddle if we need to tonight."

"No." Jennifer said to Cecila and looked at the tree. She doubted it would be safe to sleep in and smiled at Cecilia when she looked at her. "We could." She said before lying down on her back. "I'm glad i'm not alone." She commented as she stared at the sky and hoped it would not rain.

We could. Well at least she wouldn't feel as awkward if they had to share body heat. The thought wasn't that bad to think about either. Not that she'd ever think about that at a time like this. Flirting and anything else was off-limits until they found their way back. She drank more of her water. If she ran out maybe they could locate a stream.

"And that I'm not a psychopath," she added. "Being stuck with one of those would be worse than being alone I think."

"Ah, we may have a bit of a problem. I'm one of them." Jennifer joked to Cecila. She looked at her and said "I'm just kidding but yeah, being stuck with one of them would be a lot worse." She wondered if they could look for a stream in the morning and how they would eat. She had no food left and was sure that the other woman had none as well.

Cecilia went wide-eyed for a second before laughing nervously. She kept the smile on her face when she stopped. Laughing felt good at a time like this. It made her feel a little better.

"So Jennifer," Cecilia started moving closer to the woman. "Know any scary stories? I kid. The last thing I want is to freak myself out any more. How about we tell each other about ourselves? Might help past the time. Unless you'd rather not. Which is fine."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back