• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Stranded Island - Realistic Survival RP Interest Check

Zelda

Heck
My basic idea is that a bunch of strangers like 18-30 years old either get in a plane crash or a ship wreck and end up on a small, stranded island. Like Lost, but realistic. I was thinking the plot could go something like we start out hopeful that a rescue will arrive, but after a few days we realize we're going to have to look around the island for more supplies and maybe a sign of humanity. Maybe send out exploration teams or whatnot. Someone can get injured in tussle with wildlife.

As far as characters, I was thinking of a mix between really incompetent and very competent characters. Probably 4-7 in total. I would like them to not be 100% cliché, as well (but of course, clichés are great starting points for characters).

Again, this is realistic, so death (or at least serious injury/disease) will probably happen. That's good for anyone who doesn't want to commit the whole way through - you can just die!

Romance and rivalry will probably happen as well. It would be interesting to have two completely different characters who fight a lot, or maybe an antagonistic character who makes it harder on everyone (but eventually comes around?)

The island will be completely uninhabited, but with stuff like bears, poisonous berries, crabs, plenty of spiders, plenty of mosquitoes, harsh weather, etc.

Anyways, so that's my input on it, but I would actually prefer to not be the leader. I would love if someone could take this idea over for themselves and make a nice plot and all that, or at least help me half and half. So just let me know.

Update: Character sheet is up, thanks to Mikkimi Mikkimi . Planning on allowing the first 10 people.

Last edited:
I'm super interested if you'll have one more, I'm happy to make the pages and the character sheets too if you wanted some help with that :)

I decided on a cruise ship hitting a storm mid sea these guys make it to a life boat and wash up on the island, hows that?

Can i join ^.^
I saw Flight 29 Down, so i'm kind of an expert :3 :3 :3
and i would love to roleplay *-*

I was thinking to allow the first 10 people who make character sheets. Even that is more people than I originally planned, but I'm glad people like the idea. I'm also assuming that a couple people will drop out in the middle of roleplaying, like most group roleplays.

Hey my dudes, since there's no ooc yet, I'm posting here.
1) Do I n e e d to have my faceclaim name? I lost it, and I can't find it :p If so, I'll try looking again or find a different faceclaim.
2) Are we planning to have some sort of ooc or nah?

Hey my dudes, since there's no ooc yet, I'm posting here.
1) Do I n e e d to have my faceclaim name? I lost it, and I can't find it :p If so, I'll try looking again or find a different faceclaim.
2) Are we planning to have some sort of ooc or nah?

1. nah just leave it blank if you want, a picture is fine :)
2. Go to the character sheets again, I just added in an OOC, sorry, I honestly forgot to put it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back