• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] (Caelia Barony) – It's A Matter of Faith

Seth
c4d99d9143a2b9b9d2c17e32ee3dc627 (2).jpg

Mentions: Elvario Elvario

Seth blinked at the orb he was offered. It did look vaguely familiar, but he couldn't quite remember what it was, or even if he had seen it before. He took it, trying to [appraise] it, and then replied. “Well… I am a newcomer to the city, and I will admit that I have met every representative involved in this matter for minutes at best.” The warrior fiddled a bit with the sphere as he put his thoughts in order. “Still, I expected a great deal of bad blood when the Captain sent me, not the conciliatory attitude that was clearly in display.”

It had surprised Seth how open and honest the Baroness had appeared. “Now, I am not a man of the court, but I reckon I can tell when most folks mean ill. And if I'm correct, Lady Caelia has only the bests interests of her subjects in mind: she wants a peaceful resolution of the conflict. Seems like a genuinely well-meaning lass.” He caught himself thoughtlessly calling lass to a landed noble and winced. Oh, well. At least she wasn't in the room.

Seth cleared his throat, hurrying to change the topic. “As for the city itself, I can't say I've seen much. I spent too short a time before I came to the shrine. It seems quiet enough, given everything that's going on.” Something else came to mind, now that he thought about it. “Ah, if it's worth anything, it seems like the roads around the city are safe. Well maintained and free of monsters and bandits, at least in my experience: maybe I've just been lucky.” That didn't seem likely, but better to cover his back in case it was what happened. “Someone has doing a good job, apparently.”

Beyond that, however, the merchant “priest”'s words had piqued his interest. “I must say, it is a curious faith you keep, sir.” He paused a moment to parse his question. “How come the paths that your God threads are an ill omen? I of course speak from ignorance but… One would think them blessed.”

- Appraisal F

Caelia Barony's Shrine
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Stonewall, Shrine
caelia-shrine-lord-bara-png.1130233
Time: ~09:00 Weather: Clouds, no rain.
Languages: Common | +Mictlantecuhtlian+

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki

Regula had watched Siegfried head off towards with a polite smile, hoping for the best. Not just for her own sake, but also for Ringo's and even Siegfried's. His introduction had been less than optimal, but his words just now had made up for a lot. For how world-strange he seemed, he also sounded honest and kind, in his own way. Perhaps, once she had some extra time, she could make a great knight out of him. She could always use a few more of those and, well... she did wonder what the fluffy tip of a lion's tail felt like to the touch... Right. She managed to get her mind from straying too much...

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163

Perhaps it was a good thing for Retili's surprise to be genuine, as it made her far more inclined to believe his explanation. “I see... so he must've been taken by the Fell Blight and turned into an enemy of yours?” She was in contemplation for a bit. “If traces of it remain, that would be a worry to all parties concerned, regardless of whether there is cult activity in the area or not.” She stated, perhaps the obvious, but at least it showed a willingness to focus on certain threats above others.

She chuckled a bit at Retili's open answer. Perhaps the most positive reply he'd gotten from her. “The desire to rise to nobility means you have ambitions that an association to a cult would make nearly impossible. If you had any association with it, your best option would be to avoid showing up here. So... It might not be wrong to assume you have not. Nor do you seem to believe that the baroness has any, seeing how you still subjected yourself to this on her behalf, regardless of your own ambitions.”

That said, her tone hardened a bit again. “Even so, whilst the god of Dominion blesses all equally, he also punishes all equally. Your association with the late 'Count' Light has already put you in a peculiar position, but I am sure you are aware of such.” She concluded, as she felt like she'd formed a good enough idea and that she'd humoured him with too many words already. “That'll be all.” She said, as she stood up. “I believe I might see to speak with the Baroness herself now.” She said, as she excused herself from the room.

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

Mentions: Seth Tattletale Tattletale

“Hmhm, hmhm.” The 'priest' replied to, all things taken together, most of what Seth was saying. It was difficult to estimate how interested he truly was. He did perk up at one comment with a reply. “So she's a fine lass, isn't she? Good, good.” He replied to his testimony regarding Regula. “So you haven't seen him, then?” He asked again, his most prominent question not having been answered clearly thus far. “Deities works in mysterious ways. Ours prefers to show himself to those that he stops blessing, rather than to those whom he grants his blessing.” The merchant replied.

As the merchant took back the black orb (which Seth's appraisal hadn't revealed anything about), he frowned. “Hmm, just a soldier, it seems.” He smiled again. “Well, I guess a soldier's word about safe roads is a good sign, at least. Thank you lad. You're excused.” He stated, waving Seth off. Apparently he'd already learned all he wanted, which mostly seemed to be confirmation that his god hadn't been sighted by anyone in the area.

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1704483836491.jpeg
High-Human, Legendary Craftswoman of Ryke, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Agriculture Expert, Architecture Expert, Engineering Expert, Law Expert, Investigation Expert, Mining Expert, Expert Tinkerer, Expert Artificer, Expert Enchanter, Advisor of Caelia, Ambitious, Strategist, Girl on Fire, Flatterer, Celestine Academy Alumni, Nomad, Crafter, Singularity Known

In the quiet seclusion of the keep's library and study, Amanda found herself immersed in the intricate world of blueprints, schematics, and failed prototypes scattered across her desk. The room, lined with shelves of dusty tomes and forgotten scrolls, provided a haven for her to delve into her thoughts and crafting endeavors away from the commotion outside. The weight of a new title pressed on Amanda's mind as she wrestled with each stroke of her quill. Frustration lingered in the air as crumpled sheets of paper accumulated around her. Each discarded attempt was a testament to her relentless pursuit of perfection, and yet, none seemed to capture the essence of her vision for the bathhouse.

The soft glow of candlelight flickered, casting shadows across the determined lines etched on Amanda's face. The ink-stained quill danced across the parchment, a reflection of her tireless dedication to the craft. The room echoed with the occasional rustle of pages and the rhythmic scratching of quill against paper. As she neared the completion of yet another drawing, a momentary sense of accomplishment washed over her. However, that fleeting victory was short-lived, as Amanda's critical eye found flaws in her creation. With a resigned sigh, she crumpled the parchment and tossed it aside, the frustration evident in her movements.

Leaning back in her chair, Amanda's inky hand pressed against her forehead, a gesture of both weariness and contemplation. The weight of the legendary craftswoman title loomed over her, a challenge that seemed insurmountable in the face of her own exacting standards. The library, once a sanctuary, now echoed with the soft sighs and musings of an artisan grappling with the expectations placed upon her.

"Legendary Craftswoman of Ryke... This new title is very concerning," Amanda mused aloud, her voice a whisper in the hallowed silence of the study. The room held the weight of her aspirations, and Amanda pondered how to navigate the path that lay ahead, one meticulous blueprint at a time.

"Gloria, would you fetch me some tea please, I'm getting quite the headache."

Elvario Elvario

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM-1.png

Languages: "Common", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+"
Mention: Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

He nodded to the priest, when he said I see.

Hopefully the priest’s keen ability to tell how Teuihua was feeling wouldn’t prove to be a problem, but the observation was not incorrect that while Teuihua was willing to admit it was a possibility, he did not know for certain if those two gods were one in the same or just had crossovers, and deep down that probably wasn’t going to be something he was going to absolutely believe until he saw more definitive proof than just similarities between them. Nevertheless, entertaining the idea of it being a possibility and agreeing with that much shouldn’t hurt any.

Teuihua handed the orb back over to the priest when it was asked for him to return it, curious as it glowed, wondering if it was similar to the ones he’d seen around settlements before he was allowed to enter in functionality given its ornamentation.

It turned out that was the case as the Priest spoke more on the issue, assessing his titles. Teuihua was pleased to hear that none of the titles which he had acquired in the system were outright problematic to the Priest, but it did seem that one caught the priest’s attention pretty early on. He wanted to know who Redhook was,that was probably more understandable, given it was something which Teuihua had, as it said, led to the demise of.

“Of course I will elaborate on both of your questions.”

“Redhook was a militarized construct which appeared to have had gone rogue from what I could tell, it was with some other constructs operating in the border hill area near Kirkwall and what becomes the East Empire’s land. These constructs apparently were causing a lot of problems and likely resulted in deaths and destruction of property based on the details I heard. Regardless, in order to assist the well being of the Barony I came along on the mission to neutralize these threats, and helped to best Redhook and the other problematic constructs in combat. We were successful in this operation. Truthfully they were unlike anything I had seen before, but thankfully Kirkwall is much safer now as a result. I do wonder how they lost their purpose however..unless someone intentionally made them behave that way but that is not the impression which I got.”

Teuihua concluded on describing that title.

Then he moved onto the next one.

“I understand that this may appear strange to you, given my form, and that I am not an organic life like you are yourself, but I am actually able to ‘taste’ food, as well as other things. I can ‘eat’ by incinerating materials, which I can then convert into energy for my body, it is not a required feature for my survival but it is how I was designed. As for how I got it specifically, I assisted a wonderful fae under the name of Saffron who I met in Baroness Caelia’s land. I helped by tasting and discerning what candy was higher quality based on what I tasted and could tell that candy which had more effort put into it tasted better.”

Once that was said and done Teuihua responded, “Understood, it was no problem at all. I wish you well with the rest of your time here.” Teuihua said with a respectful bow once more.

----
Upon seeing Siegfried come over (since there wasn’t really a direction Teuihua couldn’t see) at this point, he was curious what the person who had been speaking to the animals had to say. He first gave Siegfried a friendly wide wave as he had with others. They were likely directed here for some reason, but when he started to do the mime gestures, Teuihua wasn’t really sure what to make of it at that point, it sort of looked like interpretive movement like one might see even back in his time in some of the amphitheaters.

“Are you some sort of performer? What brings you here?” Teuihua inquired to Siegfried in common, just generally out of curiosity, either way he wasn’t bothered by the miming, just not really following what its purpose was.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Retili nodded his head. "That explanation makes the most sense I believe. If the Fell Blight remains, even traces of it, we will have to prioritize eliminating it as soon as possible." He tented his fingers but said nothing in response to the comments about his aspirations to join the nobility. He did not agree that Vreign had any part in him rising to join the ranks of the nobility. Nor did he agree that Vreign's punishment was upon him for being part of the former Count's retinue. His actions and the consequences of those actions were his own, not the will or whim of some god to grant to take away. To punish or reward. Retili did feel slightly relieved that she did not seem to think that the Baroness was a member of any sort of cult however so he held his tongue and did not respond to the remark. "I bid you good day then Priestess of Vreign." After she left the room he leaned back slightly in his chair and drank from his goblet while he thought over what to do next.

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare D, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Baron] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe C - Insight C, Perception C, Empathy C, Persuasion C - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing C - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion C, Empathy C, Perception D, Insight C, Business F - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

Caelia Barony's Keep's Study
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Stonewall, Keep, Study
e14oxBa.png
Time: ~09:30 Weather: Clouds, no rain.
Languages: Common
Mentions: Amanda Uasal Uasal

Gloria Ironclaw

“Hmmm? Isn't that close to what you always wanted?” The maid asked, recalling her [Childhood Friend] had always been trying to engineer stuff in one way or another. Crafting might not exactly be engineering, but it didn't sound too far off. As she was asked to go make some tea, however, she nearly bumped into an odd man that had made his way into the room.

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

“Blimey, sorry about that.” He apologised, before spotting Amanda and her desk. “Would you look at that! You must be the crafting advisor I've heard about!” He spoke up with some enthusiasm.

Gloria, however, was less enthusiast. “Would you like me to remove this intruder from the room?” She asked, a tad eager to start doing so already.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

Meanwhile, Retili would find a servant entering. Whom would end up giving him a quick heads-up that the Priest of Elisiul wished to meet with him. By now, enough time had passed for the priest to have possibly shared some words with the Priestess of Vreign, should they have met on their way.

Either way, the priest of Elisiul's entrance was rather different. “Thank you.” He'd speak to the servant who'd shown him the way and announced his arrival. “I'm hoping you're still willing to answer some questions, despite already having been questioned by my colleague?” He asked Retili.

On the assumption the answer was positive, he'd continue. “From what I've heard and seen, I couldn't help notice that you have brought many of your people into these lands. Could you please tell me what your purpose is in doing so?” His tone was polite, although his question was surprisingly direct. His gaze was also surprisingly firm, as thanks to Retili's insight, he did spot a bit of worry and weariness behind his otherwise calm demeanour.

Last edited:
~Amanda Steelhaven~

1704588305241.jpeg
High-Human, Legendary Craftswoman of Ryke, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Agriculture Expert, Architecture Expert, Engineering Expert, Law Expert, Investigation Expert, Mining Expert, Expert Tinkerer, Expert Artificer, Expert Enchanter, Advisor of Caelia, Ambitious, Strategist, Girl on Fire, Flatterer, Celestine Academy Alumni, Nomad, Crafter, Singularity Known

A slight twitch appeared on Amanda's usually composed countenance. The title, 'crafting advisor,' hung in the air, and a subtle irritation flickered in her eyes. It wasn't merely a title; it was a categorization that seemed to downplay the complexity and scope that was her job as one of Regula's advisors. Though this was exactly one of the things she was worried her new title would see become more and more common. The misconception that she was but a crafter and held no other value.

Gloria, the ever-vigilant maid, was quick to offer her services in removing the intruder, sensing Amanda's subtle discontent. Amanda, however, raised a hand, signaling for restraint. There was a recognition that this encounter might delve into matters beyond the realms of crafting, and Amanda prepared herself for the forthcoming conversation.

"Welcome to the Library good sir. My name is Amanda Steelhaven and yes I would happen to be one of the Baronesses Advisors. How may I assist you? for reference I advise on the following areas - Business, Agriculture, Architecture, Engineering, Law, Mining, and though there has yet to have been a reason for me to, I am also well educated and able to offer advice in warfare tactics. " she responded, her tone courteous yet laced with a hint of wariness. Amanda was keenly aware that the man's presence likely carried the weight of the church, the very institution she had hoped to avoid entangling herself with in the quiet sanctum of the library.

Elvario Elvario

Ringo-Lord Bara 1.png
Ringo
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Elvario Elvario
Languages: Common | <Beastial>

Ringo watched as the butterfly flew into another one of the shrine's buildings before looking back, still with a pout on her face. It cleared up suddenly, however, when she saw Regula pointing at her. Her tales began to flow behind her in excitement as her beat a little faster, but then she realized Regula would not be joining her and she instead would have to talk to this approaching person. Her pout redoubled its efforts. But wait... was this one of the people Regula said might want to talk to her? One of the important people? She didn't want to make things worse. She straightened up, slightly, merely resting on the window sill now, instead of hanging out of it. Her mind raced with thoughts about what she would say when this person interrogated her.

These thoughts were destroyed immediately upon his wild movements as she gaped at him confused. It looked like he was flailing ridiculously, but... there was a lot she still didn't understand about this world. Was this important stuff she needed to understand. She looked at Teuihua in panic. "+Wh-What's it doing? Is this a test? Am I gonna get Regula in trouble?! How do I tell it hello?+" She looked to Siegfried and grimaced uncomfortably while slowly waving a hand at him, attempting a polite gesture despite her unwelcoming expression.

Hello, fellow possibly 1000 year olds!
  • Up lifted his head to look up at what Siegfried referred to as "The Moving Boulders." He tilted his head to the side; "What does it feel like to speak for one such as yourself? How is it that you control your movements? Do they feel heavy?" He'd ask the large construct as brazenly as in one's own mind as such accompanied by the blank expression of someone that is musing in thought rather than that of a person asking questions; he'd then transitioned into a smile as he'd waved back to Teuihua.

"The day is most serenely, yes? You must be Sir Teuihua—" He lowered his head in a respectful bow, "My name is Siegfried Grunelke Adlieber of Vaticinor, an aspiring knight," The gallant would introduce himself in the same manner he did to Regula. His eyes wandered as he regarded Teuihua's question "I was once a performer mayhaps—my singing was hoarse and my dancing was more akin prancing." He'd reply with a smile, before shrugging. "Withal, I am no performer here." Siegfried would say.

With a twitching tail-tip, it seemed as though Siegfried's smile had widened, "Yes, I am here to inquire with her reverence, Madame Ringo, if she were privy to any methods of lifting curses of sorts—" He lowered his head for a moment in thought, "Yet, Madame Baroness did indeed inform one that we speak not the same tongue and that we must speak through you, in her words: Teuihua, the large construct friend." Siegfried sighed, "I was attempting to say such through mimes, as once I have told that gestures, music and visuals were most comprehensive to all persons. Yet, it seems I am most ungifted in the art of silent gestures."

Siegfried smiled with his palm on his chest, as he looked up to Teuihua, "You and Madame Ringo seem both long alive—" He'd turned to Ringo, noticing what he would remark as a strange expression. He smiled, "I pray you mayhaps inform her reverence that I meant only to ask her if we could talk. I feel my unlovely prior performance may have been startling." He then sparked up slightly, a subtle excitement in his voice, "And, do either of you know aught of mythical beasts? Celestial and divine creatures, ones who eternally attend to and nurture hallowed lands." Siegfried inquired, with a sparkle in his eyes; a sparkle similar to that of a child most anticipating his birthday forthcoming the next 'eve—his face then blanked as he gestured to Ringo's many tails, "An' if it is not impudent to ask, why does her reverence have a surplus of tails? Are they a symbol of sorts?" He'd state with a tilted head.

Mentions ~ StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal ; TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Language Keys ~ "Common"; ("Woodland Animal")​

e14oxBa.png
Time: ~09:30 Weather: Clouds, no rain.
Languages: Common

Gloria Ironclaw

Gloria merely nodded upon being stopped, keeping a weary eye for a bit, until it seemed that this conversation was going to go through regardless of her input, after which she went off to make some tea.

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

“Thank you lass.” He stated upon being welcomed into the library. “I'll have to give my introduction another time, as for today, I am merely a priest of Karkan.” He replied.

As she mentioned all the areas upon which she advised, he raised an eyebrow. “I was not aware the baroness had such a shortage in staff.” He spoke, a bit concerned upon how much work seemed to be shoved upon the shoulders of a single woman. “I am merely here to seek out if this region has withdrawn itself from Karan's blessing or not, but seeing how I've managed to find someone involved in such a wide array of topics and, form what I've gathered, familiar to the count himself, I cannot help myself from being curious as to what is in store for the future of this barony.” He stated, not exactly hiding the fact that he might be looking for future business opportunities.

“Alas, first things first.” He spoke, a tad more serious. “You've seen to know the baroness personally for a while now, but not long enough to become reliant on her, as I'm sure you could work for the Count himself. What makes you stay here, even though she's at risk of falling into the same fate as the late count Light and becoming a taint upon everyone who associated with her?” He was surprisingly direct and fairly accusatory, for one reason or another.

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki

Out of the three, Regula hadn't expected the Priestess of Vreign to be the first to approach her. Yet here she was, sitting across from her in the temporary seating area outside the shrine.

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

“I must say, you have found yourself some rather peculiar, perhaps even 'exotic' people in your employ.” She stated, after having greeted the baroness.

She wasn't entirely sure she liked the tone at which it was delivered. “I've been fortunate to make great friends amongst a diversity of people.” She replied.

“Friends... I see.” The priestess of Vreign looked like she'd just confirmed something. “Would you mind holding onto this, baroness? I assume you already know what it will do.” The priestess asked, deciding to get down to business early on.

“Very well.” Regula stated, as she held the orb for a bit, before returning it after her titles had been read by it.

“With all due respect.” The priestess started, which indicated that her next message after seeing the titles wasn't going to be all that nice. “Even in your titles, I see very little signs of nobility, other than the fact that you at least seem to conduct yourself in a prideful manner.”

Regula figured she'd challenge that notion, even if just for a bit. “I have my domain, a keep, guards, advisors, subjects. Is all that not a sign enough of my status?”

The reply caught the priestess a tad bit off-guard. “To own such things and to act accordingly are not the same.” She eventually replied. “You're still an adventurer, still a blacksmith. Those aren't appropriate for those of noble status. For all intends and purposes, it makes you seem to be a peasant playing nobility.”

Regula's polite smile faded a bit. “This topics seems more personal than relevant to the investigation, but I shall humour you with an answer. It's not 'playing' that got me to this position. It's a combination talent, hard work and support from friends. Is Vreign not also the deity prayed to during the ascent of leadership? For me to find evidence of my noble bloodline and to ascent to Baroness, I do believe I have been blessed just as equally as any other. For is it not that Vreign does not merely favour the existing nobles in power, but all that he deems deserving?”

As Regula's smile faded, the priestess' smile formed. “It seems you have studied up. It is as you say.”

Whatever she wanted from challenging Regula like that, it seemed like she'd gained it. There was another question she deemed worth asking. “What did you do to become consider a 'Tail Freak'?”

Considering she'd seen that one coming, she had an answer at the ready. “I believe my personal interests aren't relevant to what we are discussing.” She stated firmly (Baroness Word A). “I can assure you that it does not lead me astray, that I shall strive towards peaceful solutions wherever I can and that I continue to treat others with respect.” She added with the same conviction.

For the first time, the priestess chuckled a bit. “Each noble has a few of their peculiarities. Perhaps you are more of one than expected.” It seemed she wasn't going to make more of a deal out of it, oddly enough.

The next question was also expected, although it finally seemed more relevant to the investigation. “So, what does being a Mictlantechulian Chosen mean?”

“Truthfully, I am not sure, but I believe it might mean that I've been chosen to watch over those that woke up outside of the time and culture they used to live in. There was no grand task, nor were there promises or oaths. All interaction there was between me and whatever was in that shrine, was the binding of Ringo to me, along with this status as a 'Chosen' that didn't seem to entail much beyond continuing to grant hospitality like I'd granted to Teuihua.”

“Teuihua?” She'd ask.

“The larger of the two constructs that were here, a friend of mine whom woke up first and needed purpose. I invited him to stay and gave him such a purpose.”

“I see... what you said earlier, you mentioned this 'Ringo' is bound to you?”

“Yes, although I'll admit I don't know the exact details of the situation.”

“That is most peculiar indeed...” She spoke, thinking about some things, before she shook her head. “I shall be direct. If these subjects of yours were to indeed show cult-like activity, how would you control them?” She asked, stressing the 'control' part in her question, for it was an important aspect of her deity.

The question wasn't an easy answer, but Regula did have a reply. “I shall carefully walk the lines between allowing them freedom to do as they wish whilst ensuring they will not lead anyone onto the same path that the late lord Light threaded upon. I see them as friends and I value them as such, but my duty as a baroness is to control this barony, which means I am first and foremost responsible to ensure it won't be led into disaster, regardless of whom or what might cause such, even if that might mean going against their desires.” She spoke with (Baroness' Words A) conviction.

The answer seemed to satisfy the priestess. “Very well, thank you for speaking with me. I shall leave you to my colleagues.” She spoke, as it seemed the last answer had convinced her well enough.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

The Zentox sat in quiet contemplation in the meeting room until a soft knock came at the door and a servant pronounced who would enter. He beckoned them to enter with a single wave of his hand and then the next priest was inside the room. Retili examined the man taking in the face that seemed youthful for one in his position. Retili decided to take a different tack with this person rather then press them immediately for their name. "It is unsurprising that a priest of peace would be interested in the influx of people of a foreign race and nation. I think my answer will be unsatisfying to you though." He took a moment to drink from the goblet of wine that still sat on the table. "I have attracted them to me by sheer stint of being the most successful member of my species in foreign lands. I left my home a wanderer and I came to the Ryke. They have heard word because I occasionally write to my father in the undercity of the Zentail." He tilted his head to the side. "In other words, I am not here to start a hostile takeover if that's what you are worried about Priest."

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare D, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Baron] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe C - Insight C, Perception C, Empathy C, Persuasion C - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing C - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion C, Empathy C, Perception D, Insight C, Business F - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

Teuihua

Interactions: Faynorae Faynorae StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Naturally for Teuihua he felt kind of bad when it became apparent that Ringo was at least somewhat panicked by this new comer approaching, given the day’s circumstances her feelings were not unreasonably founded as there had been plenty of people who were pretty important not to displease who were investigating this area of the barony as well as the shrine in lieu of the news they had heard. He stayed near Ringo for the time being and if she felt inclined to move closer to him once again as she had in the past, he had no trouble with that, either way,

“+Based on the movement, perhaps a performer of some kind, I am uncertain If they have anything to do with the ongoing investigation at the moment or not, so I will try to find this out as quickly as possible Ringo. You need not worry, I believe you are more than capable of assisting our Baroness.+” Teuihua was quick to respond in Mictlantecuhtlian himself.

Teuihua then focused his attention on Siegfried more fully, facing him with his head, as a physical gesture of attention than anything else.

What the golem wasn’t quite expecting was the series of questions directed to him so up front with the head tilt and everything. But he had no qualms about answering them.

“When I speak my head feels a bit warmer than when I do not. My creators imbued life into this form, which permits it to move, so in some capacity I believe that I control my movement much like many others do, without thought needed. I do not ‘feel’ particularly heavy while I am aware that I am heavy, unless you consider feeling a state of being pulled down heavy, in which case I have felt that on occasion, but otherwise it is not often on my mind.”

“That is correct I am Teuihua, it is nice to meet you..Sir Siegfried Grunelke Adliebe.” Teuihua figured that was the appropriate title since he called himself a knight. Teuihua had learned that much after being active in the current time as long as he had. Teuihua gave a bit of a bow back out of politeness.

Teuhiua nodded when he said that he was not a performer currently even if he had been in the past to some extent.

“While I would not know how to assess your ability on ‘miming’ I can assure you I am uncertain if it is something from which me or Ringo would recognize from our respective times and places..so perhaps it is the audience rather than your ability.” Teuihua naturally positively spun Siegfried’s comment.

“It is true that Ringo will be unable to communicate with you directly unless you speak the Fae language or my own which seems unlikely, from the sounds of things you have already gone through all of that with the Baroness, as you are aware I am capable of translating so that you and Ringo may have a conversation. I have no problem with that arrangement. I will explain that you wish to have a conversation and will translate accordingly.”

“I will add that your observation is correct. We have both been alive for many years, in fact I am uncertain exactly how many have passed.”

The large golem then turned to Ringo.

“+Ringo this person here is Siegfried Grunelke Adliebe an aspiring knight, apparently he was a sort of performer in the past, and I believe what he was attempting earlier was some sort of nonverbal performance art to communicate. The Baroness gave him permission to speak with him if you would like.+”

Presuming that Ringo was okay with it, Teuihua continued.

“+Sir Siegfried would like to know if you know anything about curses and how to cure them more specifically. He would also like to know if either of us anything of Celestial and divine creatures particularly those who tend to sacred lands. He is also curious, if it is okay to as why you have so many tails.+”

Teuihua knew of some Celestial and Divine creatures himself significant to the Mictlantecuhtlian culture and sometimes religion, which one could classify as the criteria which Siegfried had, but perhaps Ringo with her religious background would know more on the subject.

“As for the question which you in part asked me, I have heard stories of a divine celestial creature known as an Ayotl. They are four legged, and have large protective shells, they are a able to swim effectively in waters and can get quite large, sometimes they are said to bless the land of communities who are suffering from famine, or provide protection to innocents against their enemies, the same would be true for these hallowed lands you speak of, they are guardians by nature and could sufficiently tend to land to ensure that it flourishes and protect land if the goal was to ensure it’s longevity in a literal sense as well.”

Teuihua was then prepared to translate back what Ringo had to say to Siegfried in response.

Last edited:
~Amanda Steelhaven~

1704722056408.jpeg

Amanda maintained a composed expression, acknowledging the priest's presence with a nod as he entered the library. His introduction as a priest of Karkan was noted, and she awaited the purpose behind his visit with a sense of caution.

As she listed the diverse areas in which she provided advice, the priest's raised eyebrow did not go unnoticed. Amanda, accustomed to the weight of her responsibilities, offered a measured response. "The baroness values my expertise, and I am here to contribute to the growth and prosperity of the barony in any way I can. It is not a matter of shortage in staff but rather a collaborative effort to address the challenges and opportunities that arise."

The priest's inquiry about the future of the barony hinted at a deeper interest, one that extended beyond a mere assessment of divine blessings. Amanda, ever astute, detected an underlying curiosity about potential business ventures.

"Concerning the baroness's personal history and potential consequences," the priest's tone took a more serious turn, "I am well aware of the risks. However, my loyalty lies with the ideals and vision she upholds. The baroness is committed to the betterment of this land, and I find purpose in contributing to that endeavor."

The accusatory nature of the priest's next question did not go unnoticed, and Amanda met his gaze with unwavering resolve. "My choice to stay is not rooted in dependence or opportunism. It is a conscious decision to support a leader I believe in. The challenges we face are not unknown to me, but adversity does not diminish my commitment. I am here to make a positive impact, regardless of the risks involved."

Amanda's words carried a subtle strength, a reflection of her determination to stand by Baroness Caelia and contribute to the unfolding destiny of the barony. That and though she didn't make it known to the priest, Amanda was making her own home a better place by working under Regula. That and she could remain close to Aria.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

The priest frowned a bit, upon the warning he'd get an unsatisfying answer. However, upon learning the answer itself, he nodded. “Claiming to be the most successful member of your entire species would normally not be believable, but seeing as to how rare yours seem to be, I would believe it.” He gave a bit of a chuckle at the Zentox' directness. “Whether you are here to do so or not is less important than whether or not you're creating the situation that allows for one to start, but no, it is not a take-over that I was worried about most. I'm mostly hoping to learn that such a large group of strangers to these lands can live together with its earlier inhabitants in peace.”

He sighed. “For what it's worth, you have my gratitude for aiding the cultists with a peaceful exit out of these lands.” He seemed to be debating something for a moment. “Yet, I do wonder. You have seen, first-hand, the amount of power this Blue Knight had on display. I've heard some rumours that the baroness might reach similar levels of power. What, in your honest opinion, do you think might ensure that we can prevent the troubles with the late count Light and the Blue Knight from starting all over again?” Although his questioned sounded honest, there did seem to be an element of 'testing' to it, as it was clear it was both a practical and an ideologically loaded question to Retili's level of insight.

e14oxBa.png

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

“Hmmm... I see, I see.” He mumbled at Amanda's reply, perhaps not entirely convinced. “Collaborative huh...” He wondered with whom, if she was to work on so many subjects by herself.

His tone got a bit more serious by the conviction Amanda was putting in. “You're really putting a lot of trust in the baroness.” He commented. “I'm assuming you're aware you could probably earn more, work for someone with higher standing and less baggage, yet I doubt you'd consider that, would you? Interesting...”

As he was speaking, he'd slowly pace forwards to glance at the things on Amanda's desk. “You haven't happened to hear about anyone seeing someone looking like this...” he showed her a scroll;

E84kc91IVdbJfLAKvxDCHi8lQp16llWW5bjLgjCpHlVYWedvEI83lgnze92CBIrQBnPy6u_aag575ESTlF-zVViGf6ZwT0DwlK9NNDTsN2K12K81b93COq4HmwrkNo7ULSc6hK5K8ZFlrXzVNzFAyw

“have you?” He finished his question with the unrolled scroll held before Amanda, which had conveniently brought him close enough to get a glance of the things she was working on.

Gloria Ironclaw

“Ahum.” She coughed, bringing along some of Amanda's favourite tea and two cups. “I've brought your tea.” She spoke, elegantly pouring Amanda a cup, but being unsure whether to offer the stranger one as well.

Ryan Kylieth

These past few days have treated Ryan well. He hasn't been particularly busy at the forge, which has granted him time to work in his own projects, as well as tending to his loving girlfriend. They have been awkward, but the good kind unlike before their talk the say of the shrine opening. Ryan still had a tough time figuring out how to make her happy other than just being nice to her. He was nervous to push the boundaries a bit, given how that ended last time. But he had been building the courage to set up another date, for which he had been studying reading romantic novels, though he knew a real woman's advice would be better than an ink one.

Casting those thoughts aside, Ryan was currently at work. The barracks made an order, so he had been working since yesterday in new weaponry for the defense forces of Stonewall. Happily humming a tune, he hammered away. Morphing a steel ingot into a steel sword, slowly but surely. WIth some already done and in a basket nearby. He hadn't had breakfast yet, so he was also debating if he should get something to eat after finishing with the steel of this sword and then come back to resume his duties...

Elvario Elvario

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1704822681934.jpeg

Amanda maintained her composure as the priest mumbled in response to her explanation of collaboration. His probing questions about trust and loyalty were met with a calm gaze. "Trust is earned through actions, and loyalty is a choice. The Baroness has proven herself to be a leader worth supporting, and my commitment is not solely driven by material gain. My allegiance is first and foremost to the Protectorate of Ryke, my advice will always therefore be for the betterment of our nation. I don't think on the small scale, I'm what the Count would call, a 'Girl on Fire'. "

As the priest approached Amanda's desk, her eyes flicked to the scroll he presented. Observing the depicted figure, Amanda recognized the individual as the goddess of commerce and trade. Her features remained composed as she spoke, "I haven't encountered anyone resembling the figure on that scroll. What brings the goddess of commerce into the affairs of this barony?"

The arrival of Gloria with tea provided a brief respite. Amanda accepted the cup graciously, nodding her thanks. As Gloria elegantly poured the tea, Amanda took a moment to gather her scattered papers, placing them neatly within the desk. The priest's proximity prompted her to safeguard her work from prying eyes.

"I appreciate the tea, Gloria. Thank you." Amanda spoke with a slight smile, taking a sip before addressing the priest again. "Now, about the goddess on that scroll. What relevance does she have to the current situation in the barony?"

Purple hair kitsune nine tails hazel eyes shrine samurai s-1644768126.png
Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Faynorae Faynorae
Languages: {Sylvan} | +Mictlantecuhtlian+

Ringo looked up at Teuihua, resting her head in her hands on the window sill. "+He's not part of the investigation? Then why should I talk to him?+" She pouted and looked away, her ears twitched as the Sentry and the Knight spoke. She sighed, realizing how she was behaving, but she couldn't help it. The priests had called her a brat and child behind her back when she acted like this. But she had been nice and kind since meeting Regula and somehow things still ended up like this.

Her ears perked as Teuihua said that Regula gave him permission to talk to her. She turned to face the two quickly with an excited look on her face. "+Regul- I mean... the Baroness wants me to talk to him? I will!+" She listened to Teuihua translate, when her eyes suddenly lit up. "+I'm a divine creature who was tasked with tending to a holy land! I can help! Oh, uh, my tails...?+" She turned and looked at them, making them flow and spread around in a gentle display. "+My statue is a fox with nine tails, so I bear the qualities of it. Is there something special about having so many? I never thought about it...+" She gave a resolute look to Teuihua. "+What else does he want to know? How else can I help!?+"

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Retili folded his hands after setting down his goblet. "My species is few in number. We are long lived, like many fae, but we live in underground caverns and have built a culture of nurturing the latent nature underground for our survival. We were isolated for many years. It wasn't known that the surface was habitable. Indeed until recently I would be deeply sunburnt by even a few minutes of exposure to the sun. I doubt many knew what my true appearance was until I changed." He considered the question by the priest. "I hope you will understand that I have no love for the Blue Knight. There are some who have begun to elevate his status to that of a divine. They did not see him level half a city out of recklessness. I didn't even get to see it first hand and I still was horrified by the aftereffects. Does killing half a city and then reviving it really absolve you of your sins? In my opinion he deserves to be sealed away securely in some place, or else his powers bound by some strong magics." He went quiet for a moment further. "The Baroness is different however. She considers her moves carefully, whether she realizes it or not. She leans on the advice and expertise of those around her. She is no Blue Knight. If she were to be on the path to becoming one I would not be so close to her now." Retili suddenly stood and moved back over to the table with the wine bottle, plucking his goblet up and taking it with him. Once there he poured water into the cup from a nearby pitcher. "You ask how I would deal with it if she began to go down that path that swam with cultists? I would have her assassinated and then turn her into a martyr for the church of the Ryke. I am sure that someone of the god of Peace can appreciate that sometimes the correct death could help maintain the peace. Poison could probably do the trick." He moved back to the table and sat back down again, this time with the goblet of water. "Then I would blame the death on the cultists. Bring in a new baron to crack down on them and remove them from the country. It would be the only way to make certain that the local populace didn't do anything stupid in her name and end the cycle." He tilted his head to the side again. "Other than killing them we can't hope to control them or their powers. Only support them through their early days and hope once they achieve their full power that they remember their friends." Retili said the words with a [Noble Bearing C] to help them slip past the priest better and make certain they were received in the way they were intended.

(Ability Used [Noble Bearing C] Retili uses the ability to ensure his words were received the way they were intended and make the priest accept them more easily.

e14oxBa.png

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

“So it seems...” He mumbled in reply, as he failed to get a closer look at what Amanda was working on. That said, her question about the one on the scroll made him laugh. “Haha... I can see why religion is one of the few things you're not advising. Anyone with a shred of knowledge knows that their employer is in dire need of financial advise when Karkan shows.”

Gloria Ironclaw

Gloria, pouring tea, gained no further instruction, so rather than pouring the priest a cup as well, she just put the it down again and went to stand in the corner for now, keeping an eye on the odd guest without being in the way of the conversation.

When Amanda brought the attention back to Karkan, the 'priest' got a tad more serious. “How about you hold this for a bit, while I explain it? You can probably recognise what it does, no?” He held out a strange black orb, adorned with golden scales around it.

If she were to accept holding it for a bit, he'd speak up again. “As for Karkan, let's just say that it was necessary to come check whether or not he was sighted here and that sightings of him aren't a good sign. Luckily for you and your baroness, it seems he's not been visiting.”

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

The priest was listening with some degree of genuine interest to Retili's tales. The story of his species' was odd, but not immediately worrying.

It was his story regarding the Blue Knight that was of more immediate interest. “It seems you are of a similar enough opinion as some of those in the church.” He replied, sensing no lies in Retili's statements.

Even so, there was a bit of an odd conflict. “You claim she considers her moves carefully, yet she has not sought out the church for the placement of this shrine.” He mentioned the main issue they were here for. Even though Regula had told everyone explicitly that there was no religious meaning to what she was doing and that it was pretty much just her placing down a fancy building to serve as a meet-up spot in a speech that logically would've reached the Church.

“To speak of the assassination of a noble, someone you serve, so easily...” He had some difficulty gasping Retili's words, but they were rather persuasive. With some insight ( C ) it was easy enough for Retili to spot the priest might've wanted to hear some stuff about ensuring she wouldn't stray, stopping her from ever going there or something along those lines first. Whilst it didn't seem like the priest was against such a solution, it was clear he was taken aback by the sound of it being the first course of action, rather than the last resort.

Even so, he managed to recover from the surprise and ask another question. “How would you say the integration of these foreign people, to whom the shrine is related, is going and might be going in the future? It is not too dissimilar from that of your own people, after all.”

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

Mentions: Ryan Valkan Valkan

The priestess of Vreign, meanwhile, had gotten some answers from both an advisor and the baroness herself. She felt like she mostly knew enough already, not really wanting to bother to speak to more, other than perhaps the shrine's priestess. It's why she had headed back into the town to have a look around and see the place for herself. It was a bit of a dumb. Far from the city streets she was used to walking about in the bigger cities and noble estates. Despite it being a dump, she didn't spot any suspicious activity.

She did, however, hear the sounds of a blacksmith at work. She hesitated for a second. Interacting was commoners was below her, yet they might be able to tell her more than those in the immediate vicinity to the baroness that were all 'in-the-know' with her. She sighed, deciding to take one for the team, as she entered the smithy and approached Ryan.

As she entered, she was a bit surprised to find someone looking somewhat young and not as dirty as she'd expected the peasants here to look.

“Are you the blacksmith here?” She asked, although she'd not wait for an answer as spotting what he was working on gave her more than enough of an answer. “Have you ever worked with gold before? I need this fixed.” She'd show him a highly expensive looking amulet, of which some of the golden fittings for its fancy looking minerals had become loosened and crooked.

She figured she might as well get another job done to use as the cover of what she was truly here for, which would be to try hear him out later.

Last edited:
Ryan Kylieth

Ryan was almost finished with his current work. The metal had been shaped just as he wanted it. Now it just needed quenching and sharpening. The latter could be done after breakfast, so for now, he used his tongs to carry the hot blade into the barrel of oil. As he inserted the blade in the liquid, he noticed someone entering the smithy. Using his [360 Degree Vision], he stole a glance at the visitor. A lady of beauty and wealth, that little he could tell. Nobility? He missed the memo of such a visitor coming to Stonewall.

As he inspected the blade for imperfections, he answered "Good morning, Milady. Yes, I wo-". The woman went straight to the point, probably because his actions and looks were enough of a confirmation. Once he confirmed he had done well with the blade, he set it aside and turned to her. That was a lot of gold on her. She definitely was someone of high ranking in society, not that he was knowledgeable in the subject, but he could tell that much.

Once Ryan listened to the request, he nodded "It's uncommon, but yes, I've worked with gold before Milady" It was weird being so formal, weird enough to not know if he was being formal properly. Regardless, there was something he was quite more accustomed to "May I?" the smith asked as he removed his gloves and extended his hands to hold and inspect the amulet. Given that he was already being requested to work on it, such a thing wouldn't be problematic in his eyes.

Amulet in hand, Ryan inspected it thoroughly yet carefully. Very detailed and quite obviously expensive, but nothing too scary. Not wanting to bother the noble with unnecessary questions, he got to work. "I most certainly can help you. Allow me a moment, please" the smith commented as he pulled out a rolled up strap of leather from his apron, which he unraveled on a nearby table. "Would you like a seat while I work, Milady?" he asked before tending to the amulet. Were she to like one, Ryan would bring her a chair. Otherwise, he'd simply nod and turn to the table. With a delicate touch of his smaller tools, Ryan started to carefully restore the precious amulet to its full beauty. "If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to Stonewall, Milady?" he asked, between movements of his tools.

Elvario Elvario

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1704915022274.jpeg

Amanda couldn't help but chuckle at the priest's remark about Karkan. "Ah, you speak of the god's whimsy. I must admit I always found that rumor to be quite odd. Perhaps it's just a misunderstanding on your part no? Perhaps the goddess is simply trying to warn those she passes they're approaching an important choice. Alas, who am I to interpret the actions of the gods? That's the church's job. Would be blasphemous for anyone else to but of course."

When the priest extended the strange black orb adorned with golden scales, Amanda raised an eyebrow. Her amusement persisted, and she replied with a witty remark, "Ah, a modified appraisal orb, I presume? I'm afraid I don't just hold strange objects for anyone who asks."

She gracefully declined to place her hand on the orb, asserting her boundaries. "No offense intended, but I'm not in the habit of indulging in such requests, especially when the reason isn't clear. You understand, I'm sure."

Amanda's tone remained composed, and she continued the conversation with a more probing inquiry. "Speaking of which, is the Count aware that humble and nameless priests are making rounds in his county with modified appraisal orbs? It seems quite an unusual practice for the church to employ. Odd enough that perhaps I should inquire about such a thing post haste? Gloria, could you fetch the communication orb from the treasury please."

Actually just a child.
  • "To move without thought, and to be mindless of one's weight... That is usual?" He'd asked, seeming genuinely bemused, "How foreign, I always found this body awfully cumbersome and with many unnecessary additions. It is too loud in here. Are either of you loud inside? How do you move if you are not thinking of it? How could you not consider it being weighty if once you could be lifted into the air with a petty hop and yet now—" Siegfried gestured to the ground, "No matter how high you attempt to leap, you stay bound and pulled by unseen threads to this earth." He'd state, although there was indeed a hint of whining in his monotonous manner of speaking.

"...Fae language?" Siegfried repeated after Teuihua, "Fae, as in fairies and such or as in one who is fated to die? Withal, it seems redundant for fae to have their own language, rather, is it not redundant for everything to have its own language?" The nominal knight questioned with a thoughtless stare. "Do you not think so, Sir Teuihua? This surplus of languages makes conversation difficult between unalike groups and further foreigns each person from one another. Once, or so I believe, all creatures spoke the same tongue." Siegfried's eyes glanced to the pegasus, "That time seems to have long come to pass. Yet it seems most prevalent in books." Said he with subtle forlornment.

Siegfried listened closely to Teuihua's language, his tail swaying behind him as he took note of the unique sounds and words of the language, after Teuihua was done, Siegfried lowly raised his hand, "Pardon me Sir Teuihua, If I may ask;" He'd softly say, "Whose language is this and why? Where did it come from and how is it drawn? Is there a song that can only be sung in this language?" The gallant would ask the moving boulders, his blank stare into space showing no thought behind his sparkling eyes.

Siegfried nodded, lowering his head as brought a hand to his chin, "Ayotl... I have never met one. Most due to how I rarely stepped upon unfrozen waters. In truth, I have never seen the ocean before, it was only recently that I saw an unfrozen pond with moving animals... I should go to the ocean..." He'd look up at Teuihua, "This 'Ayotl', Sir Teuihua; where do they live? Oh, do you know what colour they may be and the sound of their voice?" The gallant would ask, before adding, "Are you truly innocent if one bears ill toward you? In their heart, you are not truly an innocent; are you?"

Hearing Teuihua's translation, there was a noticeable shift in Siegfried's demeanour, the tip of his tail twitched and his eyes were dyed in stars and even had a smile widely plastered upon his face. It felt nice, however, Siegfried found it hard to concentrate with his blood-pumping organ loudly accelerating. "That is aweful—" Despite the word having a negative connotation, Siegfried used it very positively, "Madame Ringo, perchance, are you privy to a method of undoing a curse, or rather, if aught were to be reborn anew in a form unlike their origin; would you know how to revert this new form to its first one?" Siegfried turned to the both of them, "Have either of you met a unicorn? Or maybe an Amaltheia?" He'd ask with a smile on his face, awaiting an answer from either expectantly.

Mentions ~ StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal ; TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Language Keys ~ "Common"; ("Woodland Animal")​

Teuihua

Interactions: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Faynorae Faynorae

While Ringo’s initial reaction wasn’t as promising to the construct of them having a solid conversation with her less than impressed pout, thankfully she became more positive at the prospect as the conversation went on. Teuihua felt better at that point.

While he didn’t answer her first question, Teuihua did nod at her excitement at the second one. “+Indeed, happy to help then.+”

After Ringo spoke, Teuihua was quick to translate what she said in response. He mentioned how she was a divine creature who was tasked with tending holy land, and her affirmation that she could help. He also translated that because her statue was a fox with nine tails so she had qualities of it, and that she hadn’t thought about whether the number of tails was significant or not.

“I do not have enough information to know if it is usual, but I do know that it is usual for me as my creator intended.”

“Unless one were to open me up, it might be difficult to know if i was loud inside..I do believe that the Baroness offered to do some work on me at some point, which I am inclined to take her up on..she is quite skilled. Perhaps Ethel will still want to come…”
Teuihua said the latter part still in thought a bit.

“From the sounds of things, you’ve experienced what it’s like to be even lighter than you already are..I imagine our difference in experience is from me myself having an inorganic form, and you having an organic one, I am uncertain how everything works about me like why I feel certain things and not others, but I do know that it has been advantageous to my functionality as my creator no doubt intended.”

“The history of linguistics of this time I am even less aware of, I am certain that many languages which I knew, are now all but extinct or nearly extinct, including my own. And I meant Fae, as in fairies but also other magically inclined beings, the formal language name if i remember correctly is Sylvan.”

Teuihua could tell that Siegfried was sort of sad at this prospect. “In ways, I do see your point..Sir Siegfried, it would be nice to communicate with everyone freely and it would simplify interactions, but even if it is not advantageous for function, there can be beauty in diversity, the way different languages sound, what they represent..you statement does make me wonder if there was a time where all spoke the same, it was not the case in my time, and does not appear to be in this one..perhaps if we were to go even farther back there is a common origin language.”

“To answer your questions about my language it is the language of what was the Mictlantecuhtlian Empire, where I originate, from what I can tell now a long gone civilization. It is the same one which Ringo and Zeouli are from. The language itself was adopted for similar reasons that you mention, with such large swaths of land and different groups and cultures, one unified language being required helped to streamline the administrative and official communication process all across it.”

“It is written symbolically, perhaps I or Ringo can show you some written text, at the moment there are also many new words and concepts from this time which there have not yet been words made in the Mictlantecuhtlian language to represent them, I imagine this would mean there are Mictlantecuhtlian words which cannot be translated exactly into other languages, meaning that, there are probably songs you could make which could not be easily replicated in other languages.”

Siegfried would hear the tonal nature of the language, tone and word choice having significance in meaning.

“I heard that Ayotls have been seen in Rivers and the great lakes, even sightings in the ocean but I am uncertain how much has changed since I became active again. But if Ayotl still lives, bodies of water are your best bet, they come in various hues from what I’ve heard, blues,,oranges, and greens, even purples.”

“Supposedly their call is soothing, but i have not heard them speak myself, if one bears ill toward you I imagine that you are probably not someone who is doing something innocent.. that would mean you are threatening what they seek to protect in some form.”

Teuihua then looked back to Ringo,

“+You can help by letting Sir Siegfried know if you knew a way of undoing curses like a curse where if one were born into a different form than their past life. It sounds like to me he used to be in a different form, and is now in his current form and he says it is a curse. He would also like to know if you have met a unicorn or an Amaltheia. Unfortunately I myself do not know if the number of tails has significance but it would be interesting to learn. Also I feel that I should note that he is curious how our language looks written, I believe it shouldn't be too difficult to show him that with the right supplies. If there was anything else you wanted to share with him about our language, of course I’ll let him know too.+”

“In my years of being a border guard I do not believe I’ve encountered either which you mention because I have not heard of them until now, I presume that you may have? What are they like? I you describe them perhaps I could better ascertain if I have.”
Teuihua asked Siegfried out of curiosity back.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Now Retili was certain the priest had missed the reports of the baroness's speech. When one considered the text of the speech you could understand why Retili considered the move to have been a mis-step and not a deliberate move to provoke the church. "She does consider her moves carefully. She may misjudge her steps here and there, but is it not the nature of mortals to make mistakes? This is a large one, and rather unfortunate it is true, but it is something she will learn from." The Zentox turned his blood red eyes onto the priest to consider his issues with what he had said. The scar on his face shifted darkly in the light of the room to give him a darker look then one would expect out of someone so small [Ability use: Charismatic Scribe C]. "In regards to an assassination I hope you do not mistake me as drastic. The baroness is not someone who teeters precariously on the summit of evil and must be held back with tooth, claw, and nail. She is a good woman with the best interests of her barony at heart. I just wish for you to understand what it is you ask. To control someone with one foot set firmly on the path of ascension? One must be ready to go to drastic measures. The magnitude of power that someone like the Blue Knight holds is massive. They are not going to be easy to bring to heel. I have had experiences with them that make me keener for more drastic measures. Even for my liege who I consider a friend. Enough talk of it though." He considered the next question raised by the priest. It was a tad bit of a curveball. Foreign people? He knew only of three such foreigners and two of them were constructs that served the Baroness. "They integrated smoothly. They are like travellers from afar who settle in a rural village and keep to themselves. Certainly they have their own ways, but they do not proselytize them. If the villagers have had an issue they have not brought it up. They claim to have been part of some ancient empire long ago so I think it is only natural they are a little strange. So long as they continue as they are I think we will have little to worry about."

(Ability Used [Charismatic Scribe C] Retili uses the ability to ensure his words were received the way they were intended and put the priest at ease regarding his earlier statements.

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

Mentions: Ryan Valkan Valkan

She'd allow him to inspect the amulet. It didn't seem like there was anything special to it, just a fancy and intricate piece of jewellery. “Yes, I would.” She answered to his question if she wanted a seat. To her surprise, she didn't even need much of an excuse to get Ryan to talk and possibly spoil any cult activity, as he asked her what she was doing here out of his own accord. She spoke up at a bit of a hushed voice. “I've heard the Sol church was being formed again and hoped to support them. Do you happen to know whom I could speak with?” She claimed and asked. Even though she wasn't a great liar, she did have some practice (Deception E) .

e14oxBa.png

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

“That it would be.” He replied, as she stated it'd be blasphemous for anyone else to try, noticing the barely concealed insult. “Yet whether you find it odd or not, the money goes where Karkan doesn't.” He said, with a (fake – Insight C) smile.

Gloria Ironclaw

Gloria formed a slight smile when Amanda told her to fetch the communication orb. “Right away, ma'am.” She stated, as she headed off to go fetch it. She knew it might just as well be a mere threat, but such a thing wouldn't work without tangible action to it. That was a task she'd gladly take on right now.

The merchant was a tad surprised at the refusal, clearly having considered this to be going to be a tad bit easier. The slight surprise turned into confusion when she tried to turn the tables against him. Even so, he didn't need too long to come up with his counter. “By all means, lass, although you might want to be careful not to embarrass your Baroness if you do. As far as I know, it's the Count who told her to fix it and she's the one that asked the merchant guild to help as intermediary between her and the church to help fix things.” He held out the appraisal orb again. “These are merely for them to know what's up with the folk here, once we return to report. We're not all blessed with truth-sighed and you'd be surprised how much a bit of recording can help bring across an investigation.”

He leaned forwards. “So, now that you got that out of me, would you care to have your titles recorded to support our investigation?”

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

He let Retili's claim of a mere misstep sink in for a bit. “That would be fortunate, if true.” He eventually replied. As for Retili's justification of possibly assassinating his own employer, the words, combined with [Charismatic Scribe's] underlying social pressure, held enough weight for the priest to nod. “Very well.” He stated when Retili wrapped up that particular subject. The final subject, however, was not entirely convincing. “So long as they continue as they are... does that mean you believe they might start doing otherwise?” He asked, wondering what might've been hinted at by that statement.

Even so, he had learned enough, all things considered. “With regards to that, I believe it is time for me to visit the baroness and the shrine's priestess themselves.” He stood up. “Thank you for your time.” He stated, with a polite nod, before heading off again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back