• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] (Caelia Barony) – It's A Matter of Faith

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.
Please let me know if you wish to join this RP, so that I can help your character get an interesting entrance into the story and make sure they've got a goal being there. It should be noted that this RP is primarily intended for characters with an association to Caelia Barony (or with Regula Caelia).

What to expect out of character:
Considering the nature of the RP (see in-character expectations), some characters may move at a faster OOC than others, but all are encouraged to try to stick to 48 hour posting cycles as much as possible. Considering the nature of the RP, it is possible to join later or leave earlier, but do let me know about it, so that I can keep up some order/logic to it.

When relying on secondary skills, such as to investigate something or to recall knowledge without actively using them in an ability, please mention them in your post. When using abilities, please put the ability in its full at the bottom of the post it's used in. Don't hesitate to ask me questions if you need more details or want to confirm things, regardless of whether that's for plot-reasons or OOC-reasons.

What to expect in character:
This RP is a follow-up to the aftermath of [Isekai Hell] (Caelia Barony) – Barony Reforged in which Regula (and those aiding her), will attempt to restore (and where possible improve upon) the relation with primarily the Church and secondarily the Merchant faction. It will consist of three representatives meeting the baroness and her companions in order to individually submit them to questioning and investigation.

Caelia Barony's Shrine
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Stonewall, Shrine
caelia-shrine-lord-bara-png.1130233

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Regula was a little nervous. After all, even though she'd been baroness for a while now, she still wasn't the greatest at keeping up with politics. The Church withdrawing, despite her efforts to ensure everyone that the shrine wasn't the start of a new religion, had been a major disappointment. Considering she'd been told to handle it, she had reached out through her contacts with the merchant guild (Merchant Guild asset C) whom were wiling to help her set-up a meeting with three representatives of both the church and the merchant factions.

Her first suggestion had been to meet on more neutral grounds, perhaps in Osun, the county's capital, but instead, it seemed that the representatives had been more interested in seeing this at its source... which was why she was awaiting them in front of the shrine. If all were to go well, a few more of the people involved would end up showing. After all, the more folk would testify in her favour, the better her chances of restoring her relation with the church and merchant guild. Or better yet, to even improve upon it. Perhaps the latter might be a bit too much to ask for, but she'd certainly try it.

Still, she was a bit unsure of what to expect.

Zeouli
96xS0aB.png

A bit further away, Zeouli was tending to some of the plants surrounding the shrine. She'd greeted the baroness, but could somewhat guess that something was up. Considering she was still getting used to this 'new' time and place, she hadn't inquired further and was waiting for Teuihua to show up as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM-1.png

Languages: "
Common", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+"​
Mention: Elvario Elvario

Teuihua gave Regula a pretty typical friendly wave as he usually did while he lumbered along toward the meeting spot. Given Teuihua was from the civilization which had birthed the very religion the shrine was part of which Regula was facing some issues for now unfortunately even with their best efforts, it only seemed natural he was there to help her out. He couldn't help but feel a bit bad that their excursion had resulted in political and religious drama, he thought for certain her speech would have been sufficient in convincing those there that Regula had no intention of forcing them to follow the Mict religion, even if Teuihua believed it to be a good thing personally. He could understand why those of other faiths could be concerned, it wasn't like that much had changed since his time, there had been religious conflicts even in times of ancient antiquity.
Presuming Teuihua had been briefed before hand on why he had been invited there he did have some things to say. He also gave a wave to Zeouli. Once he got close enough he gave Regula a bit of a bow once more as was rather typical when he acknowledged her presence before speaking to her.
"Hello Baroness, I wish we were meeting on more positive terms, but I have faith that those who they ask will speak the truth and the truth is on your side as we all know. Thank you again for your generosity to Priestess Ringo as well, I am certain she greatly appreciates all that you've done for her especially now with what you are faced with as of current."
"While the god of passage is not the one which Zeouli's creation is dedicated too, given her functionality and knowledge on our civilization's religion I am confident that she will be able to help ease their concerns too should they be curious and want to ask her any questions."

He then turned to Zeouli, "+I believe that we will be of assistance to the Baroness here today in a matter which if resolved will help the Barony flourish, perhaps you even more than myself given your background knowledge. Even so I am pleased to see that you could join us here today, and I imagine the Baroness is as well, the more allies she can rally the better.+"

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Retili felt that in the past several weeks a series of permanent wrinkles had creased themselves on his brow. The decision to place down a new shrine in the Caelia barony at Stonewall had resounded quite poorly among the wider community of the realm of the Ryke. It wasn't so long ago Retili had helped kicked out the last batch of cultists from Sadek County, and now a new one had seemingly appeared randomly. Not to mention that both he and Regula were very easily associated with the previous administration who had stoked the coals of that cult. The last thing Retili needed after beginning his rise in the nobility was to have his wings clipped by this unfortunate moment. Either he would help rescue Regula from this crisis or he would have to find a way to distance himself from her. Given what she had done for him in the past however he decided that it would be better instead to assist her. He had ordered most of his personal guard to barracks for the day. They had grown so large in number that it had become cumbersome for them to be brought with him everywhere. Instead just the five pikes of his personal guard and the five Zentail nobles who had recently joined him accompanied him through the streets. The soldiers were stony faced in their dark uniforms, but the nobles were smartly dressed in an assortment of colored tunics. Each one had the emblem of a different house stitched in golden thread on their chests. He approached the shrine with them in tow and approached Regula. He gave a short bow to her as he came comfortably close enough. "Lady Caelia, I hope that I may be of some use to you today. I think it is safe to say that the future of your barony may depend on what happens within these next hours."

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare D, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Baron] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe C - Insight C, Perception C, Empathy C, Persuasion C - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing C - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion C, Empathy C, Perception D, Insight C, Business F - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

Caelia Barony's Shrine
Time: ~08:30 Weather: Clouds, no rain.
Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: Common | +Mictlantecuhtlian+

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Hearing Teuihua's concern, she straightened her back a bit. Then she put up a smile. Even even her most loyal companions were feeling like she needed the encouragement, she clearly needed to get her act together. Even so, his words were appreciated. “Thank you, I'm glad to have your support, even with tasks such as this.” She knew this was likely to be way out of the constructs original task and design, so she was glad he still offered to help out.

When Teuihua talked about the Mictlantecuhtlian deities again, she couldn't help ask one question aloud. “If only the ancient Mictlantecuhtlian gods could be related to the current pantheon. That'd make this all a whole lot easier...” She realised she'd said the part aloud short after. “Never mind, we'll figure it out regardless. So long as we show that we don't mean to convert people from the Ryke pantheon, nor wish to deny their existence or domains, it should already be enough.” She hoped so, at least.

Zeouli

Zeouli, unable to follow along with the conversation thus far, still had concerns of her own. “+I do not believe the current people in these lands worship Qeotl. In fact, they do not even seem to know of her.+” It's why she wasn't looking forwards to this at all. “+Would these visitors of the current religion not wish to attempt to have me denounce a deity that they are not aware off?+”

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Meanwhile, Regula herself had turned to Retili, who'd brought along a small army of five pikeman and five fancy dressed advisors. Truthfully, knowing how the news might've been brought to him, she was already grateful that he showed up. “I'm already glad to see your arrival.” She admitted as much. “I had thought I explained the purpose of this shrine well enough to avoid these circumstances, but Delilah has not favoured me.” With the incoming events, she'd read up a bit on the Ryke Pantheon. “It seems only the worst of rumours have reached the Church's ears and none of what was actually said and discussed here.” She sighed, then straightened her back once more. “Even so, that means we should not need much to rectify the situation. Let's use it to our advantage and ensure we leave with better relations than ever before.”

There was, however, she wanted to ask the advisor for what he was an advisor for. “Before their arrival, do you have any bits of advice on how to approach the situation?”

Teuihua
Languages: "Common", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+"​
Mentions: Elvario Elvario conman2163 conman2163

It didn't take Teuihua's perception and insight skills to see that his Baroness really could use the support in this moment so it only made him more pleased to be there for her ultimately. He gave her a 'thumbs up' gesture.

"Of course as long as you can use my aid, I'm content staying here and supporting your efforts, I believe that you have a good heart Baroness Caelia, and that you do want to do what's best for your people, I think helping these people to see the same as I do is a noble goal which I can assist with."

His head tilted a bit in curiosity when she made that comment. Unfortunately he did not know much about the Ryke pantheon other than what he might have heard others discuss about it in passing perhaps.

"Hm, while I have heard about some gods and goddesses who may have some cross overs in representation or respective domains it is difficult for me to gage what the perception wlll be...but as you say, it is the truth there is no intention of converting people, nor are we opposing their religion." Teuihua also hoped between the number of people who could testify in Regula's favor and the lack of evidence of what the Church is afraid of was happening, it should be in their favor.

Teuihua then turned to Zeouli, giving a thoughtful nod, Her concerns were valid given the fact that to him and her, their pantheon was just as valid as anyone elses regardless of how old it was or how few followers it had now.

"+If we get to that point Zeouli, I do not believe it would be fair for you to have to denounce Qeotl, you are not currently making efforts to make converts of people who are currently following the Ryke pantheon. You or I simply believing in our gods and goddesses or partaking in our customs , should not be an issue to where it negatively impacts our Baroness's chances of making a good impression, because of two important factors which I have no qualms about communicating if necessary, first, we have not been put into religious positions of authority and second, nor are we actively trying to convert people, my hopes are that for these reasons it will be fine.+"

"+In lieu of Priestess Ringo, who knows? There may be others who follow Qeotl left, or others, and if that's the case then I certainly hope they can connect with you or myself here, I believe they will be welcome just as we have been.+"

When Retili rolled up, Teuihua also gave him a wave too. "Welcome friend and company." He spoke warmly to the Zentail. "I appreciate you joining us here today."For the time being Teuihua was on standby in his typical look out way, listening to Retili and Regula's conversation while watching for other arrivals or anything of interest in the surrounding area with his 360 degree vision.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Retili returned the wave of Teuihua with a short bow. "Master Teuihua, a pleasure as always." He considered the question of Regula carefully before nodding and speaking. "I must profess myself a devout atheist. I have trouble believing in the existence of any pantheon. However I do recognize the church's stabilizing influence in areas, and their political clout. I'm afraid that the Church may not be interested in what is or was discussed here. They have already branded this a cult." He paused for a moment before continuing. "I believe that our best recourse is to answer all of their questions as honestly as possible while minimizing the impact that the shrine has had on everyday life within Stonewall. Do not rise to any provocation they offer unless it is clearly overstepping their rights as members of the clergy. I personally would not meet them here if we did not have to but it seems that ship has sailed. Receive them not as peers as they will still be below your station as Baroness of this realm, but offer them the benefits of your hospitality. Have food and drink ready to be proffered after they arrive and offer them lodging within the keep. They may refuse as is their right but it is better to be seen as open and hospitable." He paused a moment longer. "You should also have a small pavilion tent set up nearby to receive them outside the shrine with several chairs as an additional offer of comfort. It would be better to be seen distancing yourself from the shrine as much as possible."

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare D, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Baron] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe C - Insight C, Perception C, Empathy C, Persuasion C - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing C - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion C, Empathy C, Perception D, Insight C, Business F - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

Seth
c4d99d9143a2b9b9d2c17e32ee3dc627 (2).jpg
Mentions: Elvario Elvario

Seth advanced through the neatly paved streets around the shrine with a spring in his step, befitting his good mood. He had managed to meet the spear master on the path and had even got a free lesson out of it. The trek to Stonewall with dame Ethel had been slightly confusing, given the eclectic attempts of the knight to appraise him of the recent events on the city, but a later encounter with the Guard Captain had cleared things up.

He had been asked a favour, and Seth figured that Ethel had been good to him, enough that he humoured the request. He usually felt a bit contrarian on matters of religion, but if an impartial testimony was needed, he could play the part. The mercenary finally reached the central area, where it seemed the folk he was supposed to meet were gathering. As he approached, Seth silently gave thanks he had decided to forgo the armour. Though he still felt underdressed, at least his simple travelling clothes were washed recently, and he had fixed his beard. The only concession he had made to his usual attire was his ever present short spear, fastened, as always, on his back.

Seth blinked at the assembly that stood on the shrine grounds. He'd spent a long time on this world, but the sheer diversity of its people still caught him by surprise often. However, it would have been rude to stare, so he quickly mastered his expression. As soon as he was close enough, he nodded to the group and bowed towards the fair-haired woman who he assumed was the Baroness, addressing them. “Greetings, Lady Caelia, and all.” He rose, still speaking with deference. You never knew with noble types' tempers. Though his face betrayed little, he couldn't help but remember Ethel's comment about tails. Probably not the time to mention that. “My name is Seth Leventis. I have been sent by the Guard to act as a neutral party in the coming talks. That is, if none of the present is against it.” A polite smile was firmly placed upon his face.

Caelia Barony's Shrine
Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

She truly hoped things would go as well as Teuihua made it sound like they would. At the very least, he reaffirmed that she wasn't wrong about the intentions behind the Mictlantecuhtlian trio. They were holding onto their old ways, without seeking to spread them. That would probably be something that couldn't be said clearly enough.

As for Retili's advise, she grimaced. “Considering the many witnesses there seem to have been regarding some of the gods, it's difficult to deny there are some highly powerful entities at play, regardless of whether you worship them or not...” She shook her head. “... but that is not a debate to be had right now.” Even without the religious knowledge, she knew enough about the culture (B) to know how big an impact some deities had on Ryke and on the bordering countries.

She listened to his advise. “It was one of them that requested to see the site itself.” She clarified. As for the rest, she nodded. “Go ask Hestia, Amika and Todo to arrange for some refreshments and set-up such a pavilion.” She commanded some of her private forces. It was a good idea to have a thing like that.

The arrival of Seth was a bit of a surprise to her, but once he explained his purpose here, she nodded. “Thank you for coming.” She replied, deciding it might be better not to converse too much with him right now. After all, his neutrality might be questioned if she was seen as trying to butter-up to him right before the start of all of this. Besides, the idea of being against his joining was probably bad by default, as that might only be seen as her trying to hide something. Hopefully the guards had sent a true neutral party, as she felt like the truth was in her favour.

Zeouli

Zeouli, meanwhile, had been attentively listening to Teuihua's remarks. “+Thank you.+” She eventually stated, feeling somewhat reassured by those words. It calmed her down a bit, although she was still a bit nervous. Perhaps it was simply the fact she could sense this was important, combined with this being something she hadn't been made for or dedicated towards by her creators. Even so, she followed Teuihua in giving a wave towards Retili and later gave one towards Seth as well.

It wasn't long after some of the preparations advised by Retili had been set-up that their guests arrived, and in style at that. A large carriage, kept a float by a combination of magic and six pristine white winged horses.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

The first to step out looked across the group, but his eyes soon fell upon the shrine itself for a moment. Considering how intensely he stared at it, even if for a moment, those with the right amount of insight (E or higher) might realise he'd likely been the one who wished to visit this shrine.

“Greetings.” He spoke, giving the baroness not a bow, but a respectful nod. “I am a servant of Elisiul, as which I'd ask you to address me for this purpose.” He stated, suggesting he would not give them a name, but merely the title and deity he served.

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

The second to step out carried herself with a lot more pride. Her clothing was aligned with pure golden threads, which looked rather expensive. An amulet in the shape of a pure golden hand adorned her neck. However, those with insight (E or higher) or empathy (E or higher) could sense some negative emotions arise upon seeing the constructs. In turn, however, those even more keen (insight D or higher) would see her gaze rest approvingly upon the golden details woven into Regula's current attire.

“Am a servant of Vreign.” She declared, giving a short bow towards the baroness in order to respect the latter's noble status.

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

The last one to step out was rather odd. His attire formed stark contrast compared to the other two. A necklace with an expensive looking scale emblem hang around his neck. “I'm a merchant, although I worship none other than Karkan.” He grinned a toothy grin. “I was asked to come see whether or not Karkan has been following you, or if those were mere rumours, baroness.” He stated, making a polite bow whilst doing so. However, to this with insight (E or higher) it was clear there was a bit of a threat to his words. Those with religion (E or higher) would know why. Being followed by Karkan was often a sign of inbound disaster.

More can be learned about these NPC's by (secondary/sense) skill usages. The more specific the thing you're trying to discern/question about them and the higher and more fitting the skills used for it, the more I'll be able to answer.

The priest of Elisiul spoke up again. “If it is acceptable with you, we would each like to question some of the involved parties directly.” He stated.

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Regula nodded. “That can be arranged. There are rooms available in the keep, or even the Shrine, should you prefer. If neither would suffice, I can arrange for some of the inn's rooms as well.” She offered.

“I would prefer to speak with you at this shrine.”

“I'd rather see the keep.”

“The inn seems good.”

It seemed like these representatives each had their own preferences. Not only that, the priestess of Vreign was quick to make another demand. “I'd wish to speak this advisor.” She stated, eyes upon Retili.

“Then I'd like a chat with this fellow.” The “Priest” of Karkan mentioned, pointing at Seth.

“Very well, then, if you were to permit us to speak to some subjects first, I would wish to talk to these servants of yours.” He spoke, eyes upon Teuihua and Zeouli.

Regula, admittedly taken a bit off guard by the directness, kept Retil's words in mind. This wasn't necessarily above what they could demand of her, right? No. In that case... “Very well, I'd ask everyone to comply with this arrangement.” She spoke, upon which the priestess of Vreign would head for the keep (expecting Retili to join her), whilst the priest of Elisiul would head towards the shrine (expecting Teuihua to follow, to whom Zeouli would tag along if he did) and finally the 'priest' of Karkan heading for the inn, expecting Seth to come along.

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

Mentions: Retili conman2163 conman2163

Upon reaching the keep's meeting room, the priestess didn't wait long to fire off her first question. “What is your exact relation to the baroness?” She asked, eyes seemingly trying to pierce straight through Retili.

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

Mentions: Seth Tattletale Tattletale

The “Priest” of Karkan was a lot more casual. “So, chap, you want a beer? It's on me.” He'd ask. Whether or not Seth agreed, he'd order one for himself. “So, how'd you get wrapped up in all of this, then?” He asked, leaning forwards as if wanting to hear some gossip.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

“So, why don't you two tell me more of who, or perhaps even what, you are, as you show me more of this building?” The priest of Elisiul asked the two constructs. Zeouli would look at Teuihua, expecting him to take the lead on this.

A little birdie told me...
  • "How foreign..." There were perhaps many a wonder tale to be told of how Siegfried had somehow stumbled from the ruins of Yemaya's forests to outside the walls of Stonewall. Nonetheless and to cut down a tall story; Siegfried was perhaps tricked. He'd come across a little white finch and had asked where he may find a priest. The finch said "A house of god of course!"; when Siegfried asked where one such "House of God" may be, the little white finch sighed and told the nominal knight to follow it. Off it flew and the gallant would follow in suit. The bird had managed to disappear peacefully into the clouds when Siegfried rested his gaze upon the quaint shrine before him

The nominal knight was verily bemused, although he did not understand it. To him, he felt it strange that a "House of God" would look so... Simple. Gods were celestial, so he usually assumed all places of prayer were as grandiosely decadent in architecture as the ones he'd scarcely seen in his prior life. Simplicity was simply something he did not associate with the gods. Other than the awe-uninspiring buildings, what quickly caught Siegfried's gaze was what he would see as a giant pile of sculpted boulders, a moving pile of boulders. There was a woman with wings, a tiny man with a beard and another... very ordinary-seeming man. Then there were the three distinguished people with the...

Pegasuses? The way Siegfried's tail would straighten up, hooking by the end showed his inner excitement with more accuracy than the lack of expression on his face, the only thing changing being his slightly widening eyes. Yet, he felt something wrong with this, after all the winged horses were all harnessed to a carriage. His tail thrashed down, as he'd tilt his head and slowly approach the horses. Were they really pegasi? Or merely mounts with wings?

Paying no heed to anyone else, Siegfried approached the winged horses from an angle. [Animal Handling E] {"Pardon me,"} Left him as a soft noise, simply to get one of the pegasi's attention and to make himself known. {"Do you... For what are you here?") He'd attempt speaking to one of them, assuming they would converse in the same tongue as that of the woodland. Outstrecthing an arm, he would gently place his palm unto the pegasus' shoulder, using this chance to [Appraise] the creature. [Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme]

Language Keys ~ "Common"; ("Woodland Animal")​

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Retili carefully examined each of the priests as they approached and offered their own greetings. He sucked his teeth in disapproval at them not offering their names to the Baroness. To not know who they were speaking with was rude to say the least. He picked up the subtext of all of them, noting the approval of the Priestess of Vreign when it came to the gold of Regula's outfit. He didn't say anything but bowed respectfully to Regula as she made her wishes known. "As you say Lady Caelia."

He followed behind the priestess at a short step. Unless she asked for help with finding their way to the keep he would not offer any, instead choosing to observe her with Perception D, to see if she seemed to know the way or if she became frustrated. She had chosen to lead him after all. After they entered the keep and made their way to the meeting room Retili's look turned carefully neutral. "My name is Advisor Retili Loxinofican Priestess of Vreign, thank you for asking." He replied smoothly skipping over the question with a professional tone. He stepped over to the side table and checked two wine goblets before picking them up and bringing a bottle of red wine with him. He placed the goblets on the table within the room and uncorked the wine before pouring first one cup then another. He proffered the cup of wine towards the priestess. Whether he accepted it or not he would take a seat across from her and drink from his goblet. The wine was sweet and refreshing. "Priestess your journey must have been tiring, please sit with me." He gestured towards the chair opposite to him. "While Lady Caelia was so kind as to not ask for your name Priestess I am unfortunately quite persistent on knowing the identities of whom I speak with. Seeing as you have me a disadvantage please enlighten me. What is your name?" He used the full weight of [Noble Bearing C] with his words while watching carefully for her reaction.

(Ability use - Noble Bearing C, Looking for any body language to find out what the priestess is feeling or what she might be thinking while also soothing her with his words.)

Teuihua

Languages: "
Common", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+"​
Mentions: Elvario Elvario conman2163 conman2163 Faynorae Faynorae Tattletale Tattletale

He felt reassured that Zeouli at least seemed to be feeling at least a bit better, as he gave her a nod to her thanks. Teuihua felt reassured that Retili had joined them and was having the conversation with the Baroness now since he had been quite reasonable and helpful in the past.The golem was a bit surprised to learn that Retili did not have a belief in any faith from the sounds of things as that was a very foreign concept, even the word Atheist didn't exactly have a direct translation over in his native language, but that shouldn't be too relevant here, even if Retili didn't see eye to eye with the church people who were coming, he knew Retili was logical and was unlikely to offend with how polite he was. He also appreciated the reciprocated greeting.

Teuihua listened in and gave a welcome wave and then nod of acknowledgment to Seth when he arrived on the scene out of respect. Then he felt the anticipation when the Ryke pantheon people arrived, going on alert momentarily when he saw the carriage with winged horses descend. He did however give an intentionally respectful bow in their direction when they came out and said who they were, thinking the more general wave gesture he did might not be as appropriate for people he did not know well and who were as distinguished as they seemed to be.

What Teuihua hadn't necessarily expected was Siegfried, another less familiar face seemingly getting close to the horses to speak to them. While it did put Teuihua a bit more on alert, Siegfried didn't really seem to be a threat with how gentle they were being, so for now he was just on watch with his 360 degree vision, able to multitask nicely looking at those he needed to, to appear respectful while being able to see all around him at once.

When Regula made it clear she was intending on listening to Retili as well as letting the Ryke faith representatives do as they pleased for the time being of course tha meant that Teuihua gave her a "Yes Baroness." With another respectful bowing like gesture, before he made his way to follow the Priest of Elisiul to the shrine area.

Looks like Teuihua was going to get to leverage his [Tour Guide] title. He lumbered along at a modest pace as to keep a respectful distance with him and Zeouli and the priest of Elisiul

"Very well then, I shall do my best to explain." Presumably while on the way to the shrine threshold and central area he was able to explain.

"My name is Teuihua and my companion you see is named Zeouli. We are constructs, golems, more specifically from a very old civilization The Mictlantecuhtlian Empire or Mictlantecuhtlia. There are only some ruins here and there of it which remain, and both of us being golems, survived the years until becoming active again for one reason or another."

"Unfortunately Zeouli does not speak common but she does understand our native language and analog, so if you have any questions for her I can translate them for you, she will be more knowledgable on specific topics, as my original function was a border guard, and her's an agricultural religious one."

"What I can tell you about the building itself is that it is a Mictlantecuhtlian shrine which original purpose was for the Mictlantecuhtlian God of passage, however it was not moved here because of any religious significance but because the Priestess, Ringo of the shrine survived the long passage of time as well in some form of stasis and due to this priestess the shrine was like her home, she lived there, and as an act of kindness the Baroness moved the shrine here for her because during our excursion the Priestess Ringo accidentally got bound to the Baroness in some magical sort of way."

Teuihua figured it was better to leave out the part where they thought there was a possibility of divinity there since he knew this priest was unlikely to believe it, nor would it probably help their case.

"I will reiterate that the important detail to note out of this background is that the Baroness did not move this shrine for religious purposes. Zeouli and myself, nor the priestess are actively trying to encourage people to convert to our faith, in fact we have only discussed our faith in an informational context when people are curious. There have been no services, or worships held for the public."

"As for the building itself you'll find some inner areas which contain some sacred spaces to my understanding, Zeouli could tell you more about the significance of the tree in the center if you are curious, and of course I am more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have."
Teuihua continued with a warm intonation, presumably by that point they had gotten to the central area with all the surrounding buildings.

Caelia Barony's Shrine
Mentions: Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Regula sighed deeply as the three representatives headed off. So far, things hadn't gone too awry, it seemed. Still, the fact they wanted to speak to others first meant they were likely going to question her more thoroughly later, as they'd want to confirm or deny some of the things that others had told them as well. It wasn't the greatest prospect. She was, however, thoroughly surprised when a peculiar looking tall man walked up to the representatives' horses.

As Siegfried approached the horses, he was awarded a faintly curious snort. Thanks to his animal handling, the pegasi remained calm. However, they did not reply to him. Upon his appraisal, however, he would see they all were classified as [Fae] and as [Pegasus], four of them had the title [Hard-working], one of them had [Lazy] and a sixth had [Herd-Leader]. The [nature] in the ability didn't reveal much else. Religion showed that they were deemed [Celestial Servants]. Arcana showed that they had [Magic] along with [Wind Affinity] to them. Animal Handling revealed that they had [Flying D] to them, although the wings might've also given that away. Furthermore, it revealed that they were [Tamed] and [Well-Trained].

As he was trying to speak to the horses, Regula could only see him make some incomprehensible animal-like noises. “Are you alright..?” She asked, wondering if some manner of lunatic was going to pull something with the representative's horses. That wouldn't leave a good first impression.

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

The priestess was able to find her way to the keep well enough, although Stonewall wasn't large and the streets were heading in clear enough directions. Only at the building itself did she halt and gesture for Retili to show her to where they could further discuss things. From his perception, Retili could see that she didn't know the way, but had an easy enough time guessing up until they entered the keep itself.

The priestess clearly looked irked by Retili ignoring the question. His attempts at hospitality clearly weren't taken too well, as she ignored the wine placed in front of her, although she did take a seat. Upon his request, she smirked. “I am not here in the capacity of a visitor or guest. I am here in the capacity of a formal representative to investigate whether or not this domain is worth the churches' presence or if it will repeat its past mistake. As such, there is no need to know my name.” She stated firmly.

That said, Retili's words did carry some weight (persuasion C), so after a bit more thinking, she eventually caved in a little bit. “If you must know a name to address me by, I can grand you the know the knowledge that I am part of house Seroria.” It was a name that Retili would recognise as that of the dukedom that Caelia was part of. A combination of empathy/insight C made it clear that she stated it with pride. It was unlikely that she was high up on the ladder within the house itself, but being part of the noble house of a duke was making it clearer why she'd follow a deity like Vreign.

“Now, I hope you will not have me repeat my question?” She sated, a slight hint of annoyance noticeable thanks to his empathy/perception/insight.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

Luckily for Teuihua and Zeouli, the priest of Elisiul was taking well to his [Tour Guide] abilities. Teuihua's Insight and Perception (E) were just about high enough to realise that the calm and relaxed demeanour was not all, as the priest seemed alert and thoughtful beneath it. Even so, it was tough for Teuihua to see through the priest's surface level appearance of a relatively calm and peaceful individual.

At some points, he'd interrupt Teuihua to ask for clarifications.

“What does being 'agricultural religious' entail?”

“By god of passage, are you perhaps speaking of Meldaron?”

At the mention, Zeouli was able to pitch in thanks to knowing some more about religion (E). “+The God of Passage is said be timeless. It is said he rarely interferes, unless deciding upon someone to serve as his Chosen. Even so, it would not surprise me if he is known still, merely be different names.+” She stated, trying her best to be of help by trying to recall what knowledge she could.

The priest would wait for a translation, but asked some other questions as well.

“What do you mean when you claim she got bound?” Teuihua's insight was high enough to spot a hint of concern.

“You speak of your faith fondly, yet you would not seek to spread it?” He asked, sounding a bit more challenging than he'd sounded thus far. It was clear he was sceptical of such a claim.

“Please have her do so.” He'd state, upon the mention of the tree. Zeouli would do so upon translation of the request.

How can anyone be alright being mortal?
  • "I see," Siegfried lifted his palm from the pegasus, "Before, we indeed were brethren mayhaps," He would've sighed if he were used to so, however, the disappointment could so be heard within his low voice. "I cannot understand wherefore you all would bequeath deference to these... Oh;" The former monoceros would have an epiphany, realising the creatures as [Celestial Servants], "I see, perhaps it is but the prescript you are to abide." It was strange knowing that these were indeed pegasi, and that they were perhaps celestially ordered to carry around a carriage like mere horses. It was mortifying—to Siegfried at least.

For a moment, Siegfried weighed freeing them of their harnesses, however, they would probably choose to stay around considering their [Tamed] and [Well-Trained] attributes. Mayhaps pegasi and unicorns were not much brethren as he had believed? Perhaps they simply played very different roles. After all, a unicorn's duty is to nurture a hallowed grove. Or perhaps, unicorns and pegasi played entirely different parts in this realm. Siegfried looked up at the sky for a moment, squinting at the slow-moving clouds. "I hoped one of you would mayhaps see what I am and enlighten me of my own..." Siegfried quieted as he turned his gaze to Regula, he slightly tilted his head. "No." He answered bluntly. He could never be all right, not in this form.

With his focus falling onto Regula, he would be reminded that he was indeed looking for a Priest, and the House of God apparently located in this area. Siegfried pointed to the buildings around them, "Is this place perchance a House of God?" The gallant inquired, "I am in need of a reverend." He'd add. "...Oh—" Siegfried would then remember that courtesy is appreciated upon one's first meeting and bowed his head to the lady. "I ask your forgiveness for my impertience, Madame," He lifted his head with a gentle smile, pressing his palm to his chest, "My name is Siegfried Grunelke Adlieber of Vaticinor, an aspiring knight. I am yet to be ordained accolade." Siegfried had been rehearsing his introduction over the days, after listening to a few people's own introductions. He'd learnt they oft' included their full given name, where they hail and what they do. This was proper enough, was it not?

Mentions ~ Elvario Elvario | Language Keys ~ "Common"; ("Woodland Animal")​

Teuihua
Mention: Elvario Elvario

For any questions the priest asked, Teuihua would translate back to Zeouli so she could understand them and provide input where deemed appropriate.

From what Teuihua could tell he was glad that the priest did not appear hostile, calm at the very least for the time being.

Teuihua would try his best to address questions which the Priest of Elisiul posed, since it was pretty understandable that he was bound to have them given how strange the Mictlantecuhtlian faith was probably in comparison to his. Not only was it more obscure due to it's ancient origin making it possibly appear more ripe for creating a cult out of, but it was natural inclination to be more skeptical of what wasn't as well known.

For the first question, Teuihua responded,

"Zeouli is a construct which was created in devotion to the Mictlantecuhtlian Goddess of Harvest Qeotl she was made with the capabilities of being able to carry out tasks which are believed to appease Qeotl, as well as having knowledge on, as a result she is also capable of gardening and helping to ensure healthy plant life. I will state that she is under no obligation to try to spread a belief in Qeotl either, nor has she tried to get anyone else to partake in religious activities related to Qeotl."

While Teuihua realized that Zeouli may believe that spreading a belief in Qeotl might be a way to appease the goddess, he knew that wasn't a good thing to say to the priest, and he was still being honest by stating that she wasn't obligated to specifically do that, nor had she tried to convert anyone.

Teuihua did translate what Zeouli said, as well as added.

"Zeouli has given the response to your question regarding the God of passage, unfortunately I do not believe I have one singular name to provide you as I was referring to the Mictlantecuhtlian god of Passage, what she did say however is that he may be known by other names in this time and place. From what I have heard there may be an understanding of there being some similarities of responsibilities or domain between Meldaron and the Miclantecuhtlian god of passage conceptually. Regardless personally I am under the impression there are probably not many left alive who are aware of the specifics of the Mictlantecuhtlian religion."

"I mean to say that when Zeouli and I traveled to the shrine, and after the Priestess had come out of her stasis some sort of magic triggered which bound the priestess to Baroness Caelia under the context of her being a servant or aid to her, the closest equivalent I can think of is how some places in this realm have magically induced slave pacts, or how a summoner might make a pact with what they summoned, but it is not an exact equivalent, for she is not enslaved nor summoned, just expected to serve the Baroness...unfortunately understanding how magic works like that is not my specialty."

Thankfully while the next question might not have been the easiest to answer, particularly since Teuihua had picked up on a bit of skepticism, he had a logical answer which he hoped would at least allow the Priest to not jump to the conclusion that they were going to go out of their way to actively spread it at some point.

"Like other constructs or particularly golems, Zeouli and myself value what our creators saw fit for us to partake in, for it is like our purpose for existing to us, my function as a border guard and my military functionality does not relate to me acting as one whose business it is to try to spread religion. My primary objective as of current is to keep Baroness Caelia safe, as well as the residents under her care, as well as assist to the best of my ability, as far as I'm concerned spreading the Mictlantecuhtlian religion is not a purpose I need concern myself with." He hoped he did a good enough job there explaining.

Zeouli on the other hand would answer the tree question the following way: It's an actocatli tree, a tree that used to be common but has all but gone extinct in current times. It was seen as the focal point of the Shrine, a symbolic conduit that carried prayers to the god, like an antenna. Those who partook in religious practice at the shrine mainly used it for worship during holidays, but often decorated it as it was seen as an important part of the shrine.But it was all symbolic, however the tree has no significant magical or divine powers that anyone was ever aware of.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

A priestess who hailed from the very dukedom that they were in. It was a concerning sign that one who had relations so high up were here in the first place. Clearly he had underestimated the impact that the church had. Retili smiled congenially and placed his goblet onto the table. "Well Priestess of Vreign, now that we both know who we speak to I would be happy to answer your question. Though I am afraid that the answer might disappoint you." He crossed one leg over the other and leaned back in his chair. "I am the advisor of Lady Caelia as you well know. I was formerly the advisor to Count Light of the Light County. I came into her service after the late Count Light was killed for his crimes against Ryke. She was offered the Barony and I was offered a job as her advisor." His eyes narrowed and the smile dropped from his face. "However I am certain that a priestess of your own station must have been able to learn at least that much prior to coming here. Why is it you ask?" Retili used his [Charismatic Scribe C] to infuse his words with both weight to her and to observe her reactions carefully.

(Skill Use Charismatic Scribe C: Retili uses his words to get the priestess to answer his question and to figure out what sort of reaction the Priestess is having to the conversation)

Caelia Barony's Shrine
Time: ~09:00 Weather: Clouds, no rain.
Mentions: Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae

One of the horses snorted at Siegfrieds words. Another slapped away some flies with its tails. A third munched on the bit in its mouth for a bit. Whether they were once magnificent creatures of intelligence or had always been mere magical animals was unknown, but it was clear they hadn't much going on right now. Either that, or they were playing the part extraordinarily well.

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

'Oh no... here we go.' That was the thought arising in Regula's mind as Siegfried straight up told her 'no' at her question if he was alright. Having a trouble-maker arrive in these times was definitely not something she could use right now. His questions didn't help too much either... “It is a shrine dedicated to a God that is no longer present. There are three reverends here, but they are currently on a very specific duty.” She had a feeling it might not be the best idea to make this man become part of the impression these folk would get of her barony.

Even so, he did say some intriguing things. “I am baroness Regula Caelia, it is a pleasure to meet you.” His own name made her wonder. “You have a rather long name. Are some of these reflecting a noble lineage?” She asked, wondering if she was dealing with an estranged noble of sorts. “Ordaining, I see...” She thought for a bit more. “I think that I am legally able to do such things.” She'd state, keeping the law ( B ) in mind to come up with some of the manners in which she could provide someone knighthood. Random thoughts aside, however, there were more pressing questions. “What were you trying to do with these pegasi and why do you seek knighthood?” She asked, deciding to be direct.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

Teuihua's replies weren't all equally convincing to the priest.

“So, one might conclude that her very purpose is devotion towards this goddess through her work? Would that not mean that merely having her work here might make her try to spread her deities blessings? For one, even if these lands happened to be naturally fertile, would she not tell all that it was Qeotl blessing them?” He asked, attempt to challenge Teuihua a bit more. Whilst worshipping other deities wasn't forbidden, it could lead to undesirable conflict.

Zeouli

Upon translation of the question, Zeouli would be able to give a somewhat more nuanced reply, being vaguely aware of what was meant and what might be at stake. “+I do believe it would be Qeotl's blessing, but now that nobody worships her in these lands, perhaps it would be more appropriate to say that Qeotl would bless my work, rather than these lands? Just how their deities will bless them.+” She tried to reason with (religion E) in mind.

The priest seemed to contemplate Teuihua's answer regarding to God of passage. “So there may be an unclear relation or overlap between the both of them, with the possibility of them being one and the same in different forms between ancient past and now.” He concluded, as it was (from his perspective) a relatively reasonable assumption that a deity like Meldaron could've been behind this. “Meldaron, nowadays, is considered the God of Death and Transitions. He carries an ethereal flame representing guidance and transition, overseeing a soul's passage from one state to the next. Although he is said to rarely interact with the moral world, he is also said to sometimes pick a mortal as his Chosen envoy when the equilibrium is threatened.” As he was talking, it was clear that he was reaching his own conclusions. “Souls from ancient era's awakening in modern times could be considered such a breach. Whilst it is not the deity I serve, I know enough to know about such similarities to deem it a possibility.”

Upon Teuihua's explanation of what was triggered, he frowned. “Binding people to others falls under the domain of Vreign. His priestess might be interested in hearing such practices.” It didn't seem like those were topics he was favourable towards himself. “Even so, it might reaffirm the idea that she has been ordered to help gather those who's souls have not gone through the normal passage of time.”

As for Teuihua's last words, he nodded. “Nothing much has chanced, it seems.” He merely replied, upon hearing that constructs then functioned much the same as constructs now. Made for a specific purpose and intended to follow it.

As for the three, however, it was another comparison. “Normally, a deceased ashes are combined with soil to plant a tree, as a sign of Meldaron's dominion over life, death and nature. Having such a tree as a focal point of the shrine is yet another thing they have in common, furthering my suspicion that we might be speaking of the same deity, merely having appeared in different times and different forms.”

As he finished, however, he held out a black orb. It looked a lot like the scanning orbs used by most city guards, yet it was modified and adorned with images of golden poppies. “Could you and Zeouli please hold onto this for a while?” He'd ask, intending to hand it over.

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

Thanks to Retili's insight/empathy/perception, it was clear that the priestess wasn't entirely happy with the conversation, mostly due to how much 'liberty' Retili was taking in balancing politeness with challenging words. Especially how he seemed to 'claim victory' by only answering her now that she'd revealed her house seemed to make a flare of anger arise for a moment, although it was quickly suppressed. The fact that he was taking a very casual position in his seat didn't help her impression of him either.

It's why her tone of voice contained a tad bit of hostility when she replied to his question. “If you deem yourself to be an advisor of any worth, surely you know that hearing something directly from the person in question means more than hearing something from second-hand sources.” She replied. “You helped the cultists leave this area, did you not?” She asked, or rather, stated. “One might wonder how being with them for such a long period has affected your thinking on their believes.” Considering he'd been openly challenging, it was clear she was taking a more openly hostile tone as well.

She brought out a black orb, vaguely resembling one used by the guards, yet modified. It was highly decorated with golden elements, including the form of a hand that seemed to be holding it. “Would you be willing to hold-on to this, for a moment? I am sure you can recognise its purpose and why I'd desire to use it.” She stated, matter-of-factly.

Seth

Mentions: Elvario Elvario

Seth followed the jovial fellow who had opted for going to the inn. There had been something slightly ominous about his choice of words on arrival, but he didn't know what to make of them: lack of interest and a relatively short time on this world had left him with little knowledge about the gods. He would have to be careful. Even if this didn't affect Seth directly, a dispute between cults could cause a lot of harm to the common people.

Still, the mercenary did appreciate that he got the least overtly religious of the three envoys. Though he didn't have anything against faith itself, devout types often made him uncomfortable. Maybe it was a guilty conscience. He focused on the merchant priest's words while he picked a stool for himself next to the counter. "Ah, I appreciate it, but I'd rather not. Hard to stop once I begin, and I think I'll be needing a clear head" He grinned, amused by the other man's body language, and leaned in too, conspiratorially. "Well, you know how it is. One gets a bit too comfortable around the Guard and suddenly they dump their work on you and have you helping to settle religious matters." He sighed. "I suppose I could have refused, but one of their Guardswoman has been nothing but good to me, and they asked for the favor."

"How about you, sir? If you don't mind me asking. No offense, but... you don't really look like a priest.
" After a pause, he added. "Oh, I apologise, I'm here to answer questions, not ask them. By all means, ask away, sir."

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
  • Siegfried tilted his head, the way the lady said "A god" sounded as though there were more than one god in this world. "How complicating..." The gallant thought aloud. "What do you mean a no longer present god? Are they not omnipresent—" Siegfried stared at the shrine's roof. "If the god is nought, then what need is there for a shrine, Madame?" He'd inquire. Hearing that there were indeed reverends visiting made Siegfried subtly smile, although his expression did not compare to his inner excitement which more showed in his tail, which twitched at the tassel into a curl. "I understand Madame." Quoth he, whilst he turn to face Regula, "May it perchance be plausible for me to talk with one such reverend when their duties has been fulfilled?" Asked the knight to be.

Siegfried kindly smiled when Regula introduced herself, "I too find it pleasant to make one's acquaintance, Madame Baroness." However, it seemed he lacked the basic social understanding to know that Baroness was a title in standing and not her first name. "Why would the length of a name reflect noble lineage?" He'd ask, before placing his palm unto his chest, "It is simply the name the matron chose for me. Vaticinor is an orphanage in Roran. The matron's last name is Adlieber," Siegfried's began to wonder, his tailing swaying slowly. "Matron Adlieber is fond of flowers, growing a variety all throughout the seasons, it is also Vaticinor's means of profit. Matron Adlieber traditionally gives all the children a second name, usually of a flower in compliment to us; Grünelke apparently means green carnation—which was foreign to me, for carnations cannot be green—fittingly that was what Matron Adlieber meant by it; since she says I weirdly appeared in the cradle once upon a time." The incessant babbling came to a halt as the gallant turned to look at Regula, his brows knitted. "Why did she find it weird that I appeared in the cradle one day? Are mortals... Are babies not created that way, Madame Baroness?" Surprisingly, he'd ask as though it were a serious question.

The unknighted knight's eyes widened slightly when the lady claimed she had the authority to ordain him, "I see," He acknowledged, "However, I am sure you would be uninclined to knight or ordain some man you have only made an acquaintance of as of today." Said he, after all, no person is knighted simply because they ask. Even a crazy man who wishes to replicate chivalry must first cause immense trouble for his illusion king to be knighted simply so that he would leave. Siegfried tilted his head as Regula inquired as to what he was doing with the pegasi. "You understood not?"

"Well, I hoped for this lot to know me, as we should have met once upon a dream. Withal, it seems I was most presumptuous in my assessment. Mayhaps, a [Grassland] or [Azure] tongue rather than a [Woodland] one." Siegfried's eyes fell to Regula's large wings, "Similarly to these pegasi, you possess feathered wings. I pray thee, could you perchance converse with them, Madame Baroness?" He asked, as though it was ordinary for people to speak to animals. Regarding her question to his goals, "What other reason could I have? To aid those in need and protect those who cannot protect themselves, a champion of the right and the kind against that which threatens the wellbeing of all persons. It is my duty." He forced himself to chuckle, a slight reddening on Siegfried's cheeks as he smiled plainly. "Mayhaps, I need not be an ordained knight to do these things, although, I am certain mortals... People will put more trust in me if I was so." It felt strange to say such things, it felt nice up until he realised he was talking to a stranger. At which it felt like locusts were darting around in the cavity of his abdomen.

Mentions ~ Elvario Elvario | Language Keys ~ "Common"; ("Woodland Animal")​

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

Mentions: Seth Tattletale Tattletale

The “priest” shrugged at Seth's refusal of a drink. “Exactly, lad, it's the same with trade. You hire your personal guards once and suddenly the city guards think you'll keep half the town safe just to keep the trade going!” He laughed at himself, even though whether it was a joke or not was unclear.

He also laughed at the comment that he didn't look like a priest. “No worries, I've heard that before.”

As he said it, he took out a scroll and showed it to Seth.

E84kc91IVdbJfLAKvxDCHi8lQp16llWW5bjLgjCpHlVYWedvEI83lgnze92CBIrQBnPy6u_aag575ESTlF-zVViGf6ZwT0DwlK9NNDTsN2K12K81b93COq4HmwrkNo7ULSc6hK5K8ZFlrXzVNzFAyw

“That's what all those who worship my god claim he looks like. Not what you'd expect, aye?” He laughed again. “Although you'd best never see him. If you do, you're already in trouble. To that extend, did you happen to have heard any rumours of sightings of Karkan in this region?” He got a tad more serious. “In this case, being a priest and merchant goes hand it hand, lad. To establish new trade routes, to find new markets, to make good profits, it's all a way to worship and receive Karkan's blessing. Yet to go where Karkan has been seen, that, lad, is a bad idea. A very, very bad idea.”

He took out a strange black orb, adorned with golden scales around it. “If you've entered a city, you've probably seen these before. This one's only a little bit altered. If you could hold it for a bit, that'd be great.” He stated, intending to hand it over to Seth.

Hoping that Seth would take, he'd continue. “By the way, as a neutral party, did you happen to spot anything of value or interested while you were here?”

Ringo-Mr. Noir 2.png
Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: {Sylvan} | +Mictlantecuhtlian+
Image Courtesy of Moonberry Moonberry

Ringo hung with her top half slumped out the window as she watched Teuihua talk to the man. Her tails lay limp, reflecting her miserable state. She was supposed to be helping and serving Regula, but her and the shrine's presence was causing problems already. She sighed heavily as she glowered at the priest, her ears folded down in disappointment. She just wanted to help people and make them happy, give them somewhere they could relieve their worries and express their hopes. But apparently people were scared of her? She didn't think she was scary... Regula said someone might want to talk to her. She was nervous, unsure if her words would be helpful or make things worse. She probably shouldn't mention the sleepovers, Regula said people wouldn't understand that.

Honestly, she wasn't sure what people were upset about. Something spreading religion? She didn't even know what that meant. Her job before was just to tend the shrine and participate in the ceremonies when the priests told her too. And now her job was just to tend to and serve Regu-... the Baroness. Things were getting confusing. Regula says they're friends and it's okay to call her by her name, but Ringo was supposed to be a servant and the old priests said servants were to show respect to those they serve by using proper titles, but the one she was supposed to be serving said it was fine, and she was hungry and kinda tired cause they had to get up early and they still hadn't made a apple pie yet. "+UUUUUuuUUuuuuuuggghhhhhh!!!+" Ringo let out an audible noise of frustration as she hung out the window and pouted, a vibrant blue butterfly fluttering past her head in the temperate cloudy morning air.

Teuihua
Mentions: Elvario Elvario StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Teuihua continued to translate where needed. While the construct was trying his best it was clear that this priest wasn’t totally sold on everything he was saying, which was to be expected, once again Teuihua just needed to focus on getting this guy to at least not believe the worst case scenario in his mind which that Regula was trying to start a false religion to replace the current one to bolster her own power.

When he heard the counter point raised by the Priest of Elisiul, he had to think of the ‘gears’ in his head turning at the moment. Thankfully Zeouli had a reasonable response all ready to go, which he would translate to the priest in response. Truthfully Teuihua had no issue if Zeouli wanted to attribute the good fortune to Qeotl’s blessings and perhaps she could continue too once they weren’t so set on trying to find something wrong with the shrine being in the Barony.

“I believe under the context which Zeouli is saying she could frame things more appropriately moving forward would be in a similar context to how you might thank one of your Gods when someone does something which they believe is good and will please the God, this I do not believe would equate to her trying to spread her faith to others, but instead reiterating her own faith, particularly if it is in the context of her saying the work she is partaking in is blessed by Qeotl rather than the fertility of the land being a result of Qeotl.”

Teuhua attempted to further reason and perhaps leverage his [Mediator] title in the process.

Teuiha nodded at that, “ I see, I was unaware there may be another connection there, what you say is certainly another possibility of the order you speak of.” He said regarding the Vreign comment.

Teuihua wasn’t really sure if he was to take the priest’s comment about nothing changing positively or not, what he did know however at the very least was that golems like himself and Zeouli tended to be minded that way. Either Way it hadn’t sounded negative which was nice, Teuihua also didn’t get the sense that this Priest disliked constructs which was another benefit, since Teuihua had certainly met others who weren’t the biggest fans of them to say the least.

By the time the Priest got to the third overlap Teuhiua nodded at the overlap comment. What he of course was uncertain himself if what the priest said was actually true, but the fact that he was thinking that was to their advantage no doubt.

“There is a possibility then they are two somewhat different understandings of the same god from very different times and places then from the sound of things given the details you have mentioned and what Zeouli has spoken on her knowledge of this god of passage.”

“Unfortunately I would not have been awake if this transition took place.”

Regardless Teuihua knew enough that he wasn’t going to start arguing with the Priest, this was a good line of thought to allow the Ryke church to keep in mind since it was pretty clear that it would be a much better outcome if they concluded that the Mict God of Passage was just an older variation of their god of passage irrespective of how accurate it was.

This Priest was definitely different from Hathaway, not exactly unkind, but much less warm and more serious he felt.

“I imagine Priestess Ringo will be able to illuminate some answers to your questions even further than even we can, since she is the one who no doubt is most familiar with this god of passage we have told you about."

Hopefully she would have an easier time with this sort of questioning, was what Teuihua would think to himself.

Teuihua then gave the Priest of Elisiul a respectful bow.

Before he reached his hand out and gently to accept the black orb. “Yes of course.” He was curious why it had poppies on it, and he also wondered why he had given it to them, but he had no reason not to accept it at the moment.

[Mediator]
- This character defused a situation using the power of words and steadfast conviction

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Retili folded his hands as he listened to the priestess speak. He took a bemused look on her words regarding the cultists and her openly hostile comment about being an advisor. He chose to ignore her comment about his job and instead focused on the second more important part. "You presume much about the journey that I took escorting them to the border." He casually picked up his goblet and took another sip of the red wine before placing it back on the table. "While I was on that journey we kept separate camps, and I did not follow them beyond the border. If my way of thinking had been changed so much you would think I would have followed them across the border to see them to safety." He spoke the words with the same bemused tone as his expression. When she removed the orb he examined it, but made no move to touch the item for the moment. "Quite curious. I do not believe I have ever seen a black orb in such a state of.... customization. I am aware that it will show you whatever information exists to be known about me deemed as important by beings far more powerful than I. Titles I believe some call them. I presume you would be looking for some sort of condemnation among them. Normally I would refuse such a blatant invasion of my privacy by you. However given that the Baroness clearly desires for us to cooperate with you I will oblige your request." He plucked the orb from her hand and held the item.

Caelia Barony's Shrine

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Mentions: Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

She chuckled at the idea of gods being omnipresent. “They're only omnipresent until they're not.” She answered, not sure if his question was meant to be taken serious or not. The need for a shrine was easier to explain. “It's the home of someone dear to me and it might become a great place for people to meet.”

The question to speak to a reverend was... not ideal. “Perhaps... maybe... if you were to tell them you aren't from this area first. They are here to question the people from this barony and I'd rather not have them get confused by the questions of a guest.” She tried, trying to at least be somewhat subtle, yet also wanting to be clear.

It was a tad bit odd how Siegfried addressed her by her title, but she didn't think too much of it. “Your... entire story is rather peculiar, to say the least...” She replied, now even more certain it might not be great for him to meet the clergy. “Suddenly appearing in cradle's is as uncommon as being granted more than two names. Some even have just one.” She eventually stated, hoping to equate the two to not have to go into further detail about the baby-making part.

At least he was right on the money regarding ordaining someone. “That would be correct. I'd rather have them prove themselves to me first.”

His talk on the pegasi was confusing, more so when he casually asked her if she could speak to them. “No... no, I cannot.” This man was truly peculiar. She'd deem him interesting in normal circumstances, as she'd like to question him, but with the investigation going on, she wasn't in the right mindset to do so.

One line, however, prompted a smile from her. “I'm glad to hear you have such noble reasons to desire knighthood.” She replied. “If you wish to have more people trust you, you might wish to try to understand them better. No offence, but the way you call others 'mortals' and speak with animals is not common and it's off-putting...” She instantly regretting bringing it up, as she would not have time to explain such things. Until she spotted Ringo hanging out one of the shrine's windows.

Ringo said she wanted to help her, with whatever duties Regula had for her, right? She definitely said that. Silently apologising in advance, she pointed at the Komainu. “That, over there, is Ringo. She might not technically be a priestess, but she knows a lot about religious matters. She might have some of the answers you seek. Teuihua, a large construct friend of mine, should be able to translate for the both of you.”

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

The priest nodded at Teuihua's and Zeouli's reply. “I see.” He stated, leaving it difficult to figure out his exact reaction as he said so, as he was seemingly complicating some things. Whatever it was, it went unmentioned. Perhaps thanks to the mediating power.

Teuihua's agreements were a wise move, but the priest did sense the Construct wasn't entirely convinced, which was in turn noticed by Teuihua. “I shall have to speak to this priestess later.” He eventually stated.

As Teuihua held the orb, it'd start to glow. After a while, the priest would simple ask for it to be returned. As he was (presumably) handed back the orb, however, he nodded. “No criminal relations. No hidden monstrous nature. No sign of involvement in any cult-activity, even some positive associations... Though, I must ask, whom is this 'Redhook' and how have you been their demise?” It was clear he'd used the orb to get a read on Teuihua's and Zeouli's titles.

There was another thing that interested him. “Although it is not pertinent to my investigation, meaning I shall not demand an answer, I am curious. How does one become a connoisseur of 'effort'?”

Presuming nothing of urgency was brought up in the answers he'd gain, he would eventually nod. “Thank you for your cooperation. I shall contemplate these findings and return to question the priestess after a short respite.” He stated, excusing himself.

Not long after, either Regula herself or perhaps Ringo/Siegfried themselves would come ask him to translate for the two of them to be able to interact with one another.

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

She squinted her eyes. “Perhaps, or perhaps they convinced you to pretend to remain neutral and continue their work here.” It was clear he was pushing the conversation a bit more into a direction that made her more aggressive in her replies.

As Retili went on his talk about the black orb, she was genuinely surprised. “Your humour fails to reach me.” She eventually concluded. “Whilst it is not the exact same, I can assure you this device is close enough to the many black orb used by guards, upon everyone wishing merely to enter a city.” It was clear his claim to privacy was not something she was familiar with, especially not with regards to having one's titles read.

As she was (presumably) handed back the orb after a while, she nodded. “Could you explain to me whom this Torrin the Fell might be?” She asked. Her voice suggested a faint familiarity with the name, but not enough to reach conclusions. “Otherwise I shall give credit where credit is due. Your titles suggest that you have lived up to your position.”

She clicked her tongue. “Would I be correct to assume you have ambitions to join the nobility yourself?” She suddenly asked. Even though he didn't have any title related to his (close to noble) status equipped, the many men he commanded and the way he behaved were surely hinting at it. She left out an explanation as to how it pertained to her investigation, but it did seem like she thought there was something to be learned from it.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

The Zentox considered the mood of the Priestess as she examined his titles. He clearly had pushed her just a little further then was safe. For now he would be more careful in his tone, switching to one more neutral and void of bemusement. He was however quite surprised to learn that the title regarding Torrin the Fell was on the list attached to him. For a moment as he read the title the shock was evident but he quickly gathered himself and his expression became neutral once more. "Torrin the Fell was not what he was called last I met him. However the only one that could refer to would be the former Advisor to Count Light and former Baron Torrin. He was presumed dead in the disaster at Yemaya. When the Fell attacked the place and began slaughtering civilians. He told me he was going into the city to warn the adventurers who went in to rescue civilians that our camp had been moved. Then he never returned. As I said he was presumed dead afterwards. Apparently he is not so dead as I once thought." He folded his hands in front of him and then tilted his head at the final question. Retili thought it likely that she was going to gauge whether or not he would be a future threat to the hold of the church and relay her findings accordingly. "I am curious as to the relevancy my own ambitions hold to the investigation of cult matters but I it is no secret I think that I hold that ambition. I do not always wish to be the advisor to a baroness far from the capital."

Siegfried, the swan prince.
  • "How bemusing;" He allowed his thought to escape him. To he who believed that god, or the gods were always aware of everything that occurred in past, present and to come. Well, it was not a topic that verily interests him so Siegfried chose not to further expand on it. He nodded hearing that someone lived here, "I see, residency on hallowed ground must prove most idyllic." The would-be knight remarked.

"I will do so indeed, Madame Baroness" Siegfried acknowledged with a smile, "I truly do hope that one such person mayhaps be capable of enlightening me of my circumstance." He exclaimed, with joy tinting his voice—"Is that so?" Siegfried would subtly frown, "I find it rather vexing to be encumbered with such an array of names. I would have none if such were my decision." The gallant would state, annoyance clear in his tone as he spoke of the subject.

"Speaking with animals is uncommon and off-putting?" His eyes widened, as Siegfried lowered his head in loud thought, "I see, it is hard for me to comprehend mor—uh... other persons easily. I am more accustomed to the antics of silvan creatures than people due to my former isolation..." He looked up at Regula, "You have my sincerest gratitude for your good advices, Madame Baroness. I will be most certain to walk amongst people rather than in woodlands from here on." Said he with a thankful and rather mellow tone.

Siegfried looked to where she pointed "You speak of the moving boulders, yes?" The gallant asked, turning back to Regula. "I most dearly appreciate your kind thoughts, Madame Baroness. I hope for you to be most well and safe then," He'd said with a bow and smile, before he walked over to Ringo.

"Pardon me," He said to catch the priestess' attention, he waved as way of saying hello before bowing as a means to show respect. As Regula said moments ago, they weren't able to understand each other. So Siegfried's genius and not confusing idea was to speak in mimes. Everyone knew mimes, right? He saw them performed frequently when the orphanage would go to watch performances where dancers danced on the tips of their toes.

With his palm, Siegfried gestured to Ringo before bringing his hand near his temples and cupping it over his ear; then pressing the palm to his chest. After that, he'd stretch his arms out with his palms toward him, fingers pointing up and then gestured over to Teuihua with his palm again, as though pointing. Whether Ringo could understand any of all was completely lost to the gallant.

Mentions ~ Elvario Elvario ; StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal ; TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Language Keys ~ "Common"; ("Woodland Animal")​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back