• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Stonewall Town] (Caelia Barony) – It's A Matter of Faith

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan continued to move like clockwork, adjusting the pieces of the amulet to their proper place. As he did, his expression was clouded with confusion. "Sol church? I've never heard of such a thing, Milady" the smith wondered if he should concern himself with such matters, but then shrugged it off. He was not a particular follower of any god, after all. And even then, the name didn't resound with any of the ones he knew, so it must be some nobility business. But wait, didn't they worship Vreign? No matter, it was none of his business, really.

What was of his business, was the amulet he was fixing. Now, it looked perfect, as if it was brand new yet again. "All done. Quite the beautiful piece, I must say. And with such a pure gold, there was no tarnishing to be concerned about." He commented as he handed over the amulet.

Elvario Elvario

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1705079714984.jpeg
High-Human, Legendary Craftswoman of Ryke, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Agriculture Expert, Architecture Expert, Engineering Expert, Law Expert, Investigation Expert, Mining Expert, Expert Tinkerer, Expert Artificer, Expert Enchanter, Advisor of Caelia, Ambitious, Strategist, Girl on Fire, Flatterer, Celestine Academy Alumni, Nomad, Crafter, Singularity Known

Amanda's expression remained steadfast, and she doubled down on her refusal. "I appreciate the information, but I won't be participating in the recording of titles. Titles and the recording of such are not within the purview of the church nor the merchants guild, especially when it comes to the Nobility and those working under them. Such matters of concern are for the Count or Duke to handle. If the count did in fact ask my Baroness to deal with the matter, I imagine he would find it quite amusing the church and merchant guild chose now to overstep their boundaries."

She glanced at the orb the merchant priest persistently offered, maintaining her composure. "Recording titles is beyond the scope of your current task. I suggest you stick to your original purpose and leave the matters of titles to those who are responsible for them. An investigation of your scope shouldn't require such a trinket unless, of course, you're incapable of investigating without it. At which point there would be much greater concerns to be considered, like how someone without a sufficient investigation skill managed to land such an important task"

Amanda's voice carried a note of caution as she continued, "Overstepping boundaries can have unintended consequences, especially when it involves matters of authority. I trust you'll proceed with your investigation within the limits of your role. I have my hands full as it is and I would rather not need to advise my Baroness of the appropriate legal actions to take should you continue to be so persistent in your wandering."

With that, Amanda returned to her sketching.

"It was a pleasure to meet you o wander of no name, do be sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out"

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

Mentions: Ryan Valkan Valkan

For all she could tell, the smith sincerely had no clue what she meant. Even so, perhaps that was just coincidence? If there was any cult activity, someone working in the city centre for various customers must've picked up something, right? She decided to try her luck just a bit further. “Nothing at all? Surely someone has informed you of what the Baroness intended with the new shrine she placed here, right?” Perhaps she was trying to bait a confession a bit too much, but she'd already committed to the act.

Sadly enough for her, her own act got a tad distracted by Ryan's comment on the piece. “Of course, I'd only consider wearing the best.” To her surprise, however, the smith had actually done a good job. “How come a talent smith works in a backwater place like this?” She asked, wondering what in the world anyone would want from here to begin with, let alone those who might have talent enough to leave for better, more civilised places.

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

Mentions: Amanda Uasal Uasal

Amanda's words certainly and clearly didn't amuse him. He managed to put up his (fake) smile again after a bit. “I shall relay your points of concern.” He spoke, as he gave a short bow. If a bow somehow could be seen as disingenuous, this one certainly was. He left without saying much else. Were someone to follow or check, they'd notice him going into some of the town's stores and onto the marketplace to 'investigate' the people there.

Gloria Ironclaw

“It might not be within me rights to ask, but... Was it smart to risk angering someone affiliated with the merchant's guild?” She asked, wonder if this might not have any backlash. Although, considering her task, there was one thing she was even more curious about. “Also, if I might ask, did you mean all what you said about the baroness?” She wondered what she should report to mayor Kirk later.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae

Meanwhile, the third priest had managed to find his way back to the shrine, where he found the next person up for questioning soon enough. “Hello again.” He first greeted Teuihua, then he looked over to the other two. “You must be this shrines priestess, correct? I am a Priest of Elisiul. I'd like to ask some questions, if possible.” He then turned to Siegfried. “Are you, per chance, one of this Shrine's associates as well?” He'd ask, wondering what the somewhat odd beast man was doing here.

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan turned to put away his toolkit away as he heard the noblewoman's question. He slowly nodded, "Well, yes, she made it pretty clear when it was put there. It's basically a hangout spot." Ryan put the rolled up leather strap into one of the apron's pockets, and turned again to the lady. "It's also from a place a few residents here are from. But it's from a far gone civilization... So even if it's a shrine in name, the religion it serves is pretty much lost. So yeah, it's more of an adornment than anything else. Definitely nothing more than a pretty building"

Ryan smiled upon hearing the noble's comment on herself. Ryan didn't run much into high ranking nobility, if at all. With his only consistent contact with nobility was Regula, but he barely counted that since she was more of a friend. Point being, this was an entertaining person he was dealing with. One that wouldn't look too much into him aside from his work... Which lead him to her follow-up question. "You flatter me, Milady..." Ryan said, with a mild blush adorning his cheeks "I still feel like I have many things to learn though. And while I'd like to make the name of my family more well known, I think skipping this place and going to a city would be a bit arrogant from me. I'm just a humble villager at heart, after all." His tone grew a bit more serious as he said the latter half of his answer.

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1705181838598.jpeg
High-Human, Legendary Craftswoman of Ryke, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Agriculture Expert, Architecture Expert, Engineering Expert, Law Expert, Investigation Expert, Mining Expert, Expert Tinkerer, Expert Artificer, Expert Enchanter, Advisor of Caelia, Ambitious, Strategist, Girl on Fire, Flatterer, Celestine Academy Alumni, Nomad, Crafter, Singularity Known

Amanda looked up from her sketching, meeting Gloria's gaze. "While it's true that it's generally wise to maintain positive relations, there are moments when one must assert their boundaries. The merchant priest overstepped his role, and allowing such actions without resistance could set a precedent that others may exploit. It's about ensuring that certain matters remain within the appropriate spheres of influence. That and a man who offers not even his name nor hand upon introduction is not worthy of your time, respect is earned. It is most certainly not to be demanded." [Girl on Fire]

She then shifted her attention to Gloria's second question. "As for the Baroness, I don't speak lightly of matters concerning leadership. Regula has the potential to lead the Barony in a positive direction, and I am committed to supporting her in achieving that. However, my loyalty is not blind, and constructive criticism is a vital aspect of governance. My words were meant to emphasize the importance of respecting the Barony's autonomy in certain matters. Cult activity is naturally a concern of the church, it's precisely why I never went about constructing a church to begin with. Regula however summoned forth the shrine of a foreign god, in my opinion, this was an idiotic move and I'm not just saying that because of the zoning. I know not why she invited scrutiny onto herself right after stabilizing the Barony but there's no point crying over spilled milk. Regula is a kind-hearted individual, I may not agree with how she does some things but I will support her in so far as she remains loyal to the Crown and benefits Kirkwall and her people. So if you're probing me for information, know this. Regula is an excellent and kind leader and she will have my support and approval so long as she remains such."

With a thoughtful expression, Amanda added, "I call her friend and I wish nothing but the best for her. That being said I am Loyal to the Crown and I will not budge on such a matter for anyone."

Returning to her sketching, Amanda continued her work, leaving room for further questions or conversation if Gloria wished.

Teuihua

Languages: "Common", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+"
Mention: Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

During whatever part of the conversation they got too, Teuihua translated diligently, before he waved to the priest who had spoken to prior once again. It was pretty clear who he was there to talk too. Teuihua just hoped that Siegfried’s presence didn’t complicate the investigation any, as he knew full well the last thing they needed was something to upset those who came to inquire about the placement of the shrine.

“Greetings.” He then said with a bit of a respectful bow, figuring that was probably the best as to continue to make a good impression. Teuihua, knowing full well that Ringo was unlikely to understand what the Priest even just said, decided that he of course would assist. “Yes this is Priestess Ringo whom I spoke of earlier, as she can only understand our homeland’s language and the Sylvan language, I will assume responsibility for translation purposes if that is agreeable.”

Teuihua informed the Priest of Elisiul.

He then told Ringo, “+Ringo this is the priest of Elisiul, one of the important people from the Ryke’s church who has come here to inquire about the shrine, he would like to know information about you and the shrine no doubt. He has just asked if he can ask you questions. The way you answer is important here, we do not want to make our presence and the shrine’s presence here appear more threatening than it is in actuality, which is what these people are concerned about. It is important for the reiteration that none of us are trying to actively convert people to our religion.+” He figured he’d throw in for good measure, before awaiting Ringo’s response.

“+For additional information on the current conversation the Priest just asked if Siegfried is also associated with the shrine.+”

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

Hearing Ryan's words was a bit surprising. After all, it sounded like the baroness had already anticipated this type of backlash, as she'd given the exact message the church would want to hear. Except for that it never reached the church. “Very well, if that is all there is to it, so be it.” Considering she was a priestess, she figured she did have some duty not to let the lie rest. “I shall admit I was here to investigate the purpose of this shrine, but your words on it seem to prove that the baroness has indeed ensured that it won't spark any new cult activity.”

The second part of his reply was equally peculiar. “That sounds like a waste of potential to me, but it is up to you.” Even so, considering this blacksmith had been surprisingly capable, she did feel a tad 'generous' towards him, so she added one more advise. “This baroness of yours has a personal contract with the Merchant's Guild. Perhaps, if you request an audience and she wished to aid you, and if your work proves to be of high enough quality, you can convince them to find you here, rather than travelling to a city yourself.”

That was more than enough said on her end. “Either way, I must continue.” She stated, as she handed him a royal payment. “That should be sufficient. Thank you for your work and information.”

Gloria Ironclaw

The maid merely nodded at Amanda's reply, although it was a tad concerning. Her task of keeping Amanda safe would be significantly more difficult if Amanda started making enemies of the Church and Merchant Guild alike. All she could hope was that Amanda had made the right decision and that someone higher-up in both factions would indeed deem the investigators to have overstepped their roles. Even so, she wasn't sure how to diplomatically tell mayor Kirk that Amanda herself might have become a bigger danger to Amanda than the baroness could ever be...

At least the latter sounded like she was not as big a threat. There was, however, something that kept bothering Gloria when trying to investigate the baroness. “You speak highly of the baroness, yet I cannot help to have heard some rumours about her having... peculiar interests.” She brought up at topic that was difficult not to eventually run into when trying to investigate the baroness.

That said, there was another thing she wondered about. Now that she was gathering the courage to ask things a bit more directly and realised she'd have a lot to report already, she might as well see if there was one more topic she could get some answer about. “Also, forgive me if I'm overstepping some boundaries of my own, but I couldn't help having noticed you've grown rather close to the Marshall.”

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae

“Sylvan, you say?” The priest said, a bit surprised. “That should make things easier.” He replied, with a soft smile.

“{Greetings, priestess.}” He spoke, switching to Sylvan. From how much the construct seemed to be telling the priestess, he felt like he was discussing more than just giving a translation, which made it preferable to communicate with the priestess directly. Otherwise, the construct might filter her words or give her instructions that would impact the truthfulness and clarity of her answers. “{As I assume you've just been told, I am the Priest of Elisiul, here to ask you a few questions.}”

“{I've been told you are this shrine's priestess. Could you please inform me a bit more about what that role entails?}” He figured he might as well get straight to the point. “{Also, would you please hold this for a moment.}” He stated, as he held out the same modified black orb as he'd asked Teuihua to hold a few moments prior.

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki

Regula was a tad surprised when the priest of Karkan suddenly entered the small make-shit seating area near the shrine. Thanks to her insight, she could instantly tell, from the look on his face, that he had gotten some answers and results that he was eager to discuss. “I take it your investigation went well?” She asked.

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

“Aye, that it did lass, that it did.” He replied.

Regula, however, frowned. “I do believe such a matter of address isn't entirely fitting now, is it?” She spoke, making the full weight of Baroness' Word A land upon him.

Baroness' Word A – Character Grade A, Appraisal A, [Baroness of Caelia] title, Culture B, Etiquette B, Insight B, Leadership B, Persuasion B, Religion B – Using her position as a baroness and her social prowess, Regula studies, convinces, inspires or otherwise engages in social conversation. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown.

A bit taken aback, the merchant gave a deep bow. “My apologies for being crass, baroness Caelia.” He stated, deciding to play it safe for now and await permission to speak again.

“Very well, I accept your apology. You may speak again.” She stated, glad that she could be authoritative when it mattered. That was the one thing both Amanda and Retili seemed to consistently agree upon as something she should work on, being more authoritative.

“Although one of your advisors was reluctant to cooperate, the wandering mercenary I was able to interview and the general populace I spoke with all suggest that there is indeed no sign of cult activity. Not only that, most people claim to have heard your speech about desiring for this shrine to become a meeting spot, rather than a place of religious importance.”

Regula nodded. “That is correct.” She wondered who'd been refusing to talk with this man, as she imagined both her advisors and even her Marshall might give him a tough time. Even so, it seemed better not to address the matter, as it sounded like the merchant priest had already reached the most important conclusion.

“It also seems that you managed to re-ensure the safety of the roads in your barony, after the collapse of the Sol Country.”

Regula nodded once more. “It was a combined effort of me and many of the people serving me.”

The merchant priest, having regained a bit of courage, decided to show Regula the scroll depicting his deity as well. “I'm assuming you haven't seen anyone like this around, have you, baroness Caelia?”

“That is correct. I have been fortunate enough not to have met the goddess of Trade and Commerce, so I continue to hope his blessing will remain upon me and my barony.” Regula stated (Religion B), showing she'd read up well enough to know what she was speaking about.

The answer was clearly satisfactory to the merchant priest. “Thank you for reconfirming as much, baroness Caelia.” He replied formally. Although he failed with it before, he figured he'd still try again. “Would you mind holding this for a bit, baroness Caelia?” He spoke, offering her the orb.

Regula was a bit surprised. “Your colleague has already had my [Titles] read by one. Would that not be sufficient?” She spoke, somewhat firm.

“Yes, technically it would be, but I humble request you to still do so, so that I might also share this information with those in the merchant guild that worry about potential trouble.” He stated, deciding to be a bit more tactful than he'd been with the advisor.

Regula suppressed a sigh, then nodded. “Very well, consider it my thanks for helping negotiate with the church.” She stated, as she held the orb for a bit and had her titles recorded.

As the priest had the orb returned, he was surprised. “It seems that the people you gathered around you aren't merely for show and that you are truly well [Connected], baroness Caelia. A highly important trait in conducting business.” He spoke, attempting to compliment her.

“I have been blessed with many good friends and allies.” She replied in turn.

“If I might ask, however, what is the situation with Redhook and Team Rocket?” The merchant priest asked.

“Redhook is a rogue construct I've defeated to ensure the continued safety of my barony. Team Rocket is an odd title I've gained upon the construct self-destructing after having taken it down and being blown away by the result blast. I am unsure of what it is otherwise.” She stated, having already expected the question to be brought up again.

“Then, if you'd permit me one last question... would it be true that you have a particular disposition towards tails?” He asked, clearly being somewhat careful with his words.

That was another question she expected to arise. She figured she might as well repeat the procedure from last time around. “I believe my personal interests aren't relevant to what we are discussing.” She stated firmly (Baroness Word A). “I can assure you that it does not lead me astray and that I first and foremost act with the good of the barony and the whole of Ryke in mind.”

The priest nodded. “Of course, ma'am, baroness, yet...” He decided to take a risk. “Might I inform you that the Merchant Guild has started a new line of tail-care products? Brushes, lotions, shampoos, hair-clips, bells, ribbons. We have an amazing assortment of various goods!” He claimed somewhat proudly.

That, of course, took Regula off guard. Even so, she was instantly imagining buying a fancy brush for Ringo's tails, or rubbing them with some nicely scented lotions or... Her mind was straying. She had to go full [Focus/Mind Shield B] to draw herself back on topic. “I would certainly be interested in seeing what the merchant guild has to offer, but on a later date. If you were to leave a catalogue, I would certainly be inclined to look into it. For now, however, I believe we must discuss more important matters.”

The merchant couldn't suppress a bit of a smile. “Of course, baroness Caelia.”

“As you may have seen and heard by now, the barony is employing many talented people and has some big plans for the future. As a result, I am sure the continued support from the Merchant Guild will be profitable and beneficial to both parties involved.”

The merchant gave a bow. “I shall report such a desire to my superiors, along with my findings.” He stated, as he opened up a [Pocket Dimension] and handed her a small booklet with some images of brushes and other items on the front-cover. She silently took it and immediately put it away in her own [Pocket Dimension] for later usage.

Teuihua

Mention: Elvario Elvario StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Faynorae Faynorae

Teuihua gave a nod of confirmation to the priest at his rhetorical. The golem was pleased to see that he seemed positive at hearing that news. Upon hearing that it sounded like Ringo would not need his translation services, Teuihua saw there being little reason for him to stay in that area. Perhaps the Priest would prefer if he got to speak with Ringo without Teuihua being there as a constant presence when he was trying to discern information. Teuihua didn’t particularly want to feel intrusive.

“If you do not require translation services, then I will see if I am perhaps needed elsewhere for the time being.” There wasn’t much he could do to support Ringo there anyway with him not understanding a lick of Sylvan himself.

He then turned to Siegfried. “Feel free to accompany me if you wish, however I also understand if you want to wait to ask some more questions of your own.”

The [Large] golem gave a final respectful gesture of acknowledgement to Ringo and the Priest, before he lumbered off, feeling like he told Ringo what was essential. She would know most about her portion of the pantheon which his questions would relate to and likely knew even more about most of it than he did. Depending if Zeouli stayed or came, she’d be a resource too for Ringo to confer with, so Teuihua did not make this move without assessing the situation to the best of his ability.
---
Teuihua made his way out of the shrine area with company or not as the case may be, he ended up spotting Regula and the merchant priest who had been speaking at some temporary seating area. He gave a friendly wave toward them before approaching and maintaining a respectful distance. He’d then stay idle using his [Sentry] and 360 degree vision to keep watch at the surrounding area as perusal. Should there seem to be an appropriate time frame to do so in the conversation he gave his bit of a bow toward them.

“Baroness Caelia, I would like to report that Zeouli and myself have spoke with the Priest of Elisiul, based on my latest knowledge they are now speaking with Priestess Ringo, apparently they both share the Sylvan language, which left them without a need for my translation services. If there is any other way I could be of assistance, I am available.”

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan silently nodded upon hearing the noble being apparently satisfied with his words. Something he found strange, until she elaborated seconds later her real intent with the questions, to which he simply nodded again and added an "I see" for good measure. He had correctly guessed the part about this noble being here for Regula, the rest was just unexpected as he didn't see the harm in one building. At least not much. Luckily, he was a smith, not a political figure. So he didn't have to wrap his head around the minds of the masses and the higher ups, he simply struck metal for whatever purpose he was told.

"Is that so? Thank you for the tip, Milady. I'll be sure to keep it in mind." Ryan politely thanked the noble for the advice, which was for something Ryan truly wanted. Maybe his forgotten dream of making the Kylieth name big could be more than just a dream. He kept his mind grounded though, as he was still in front of a client. However, she seemed to be done with him. The noblewoman thanked him and gave him quite the payment. Ryan smiled and bowed his head "Thank you for your patronage, Milady. Have a nice day."

After seeing the customer out and putting the chair back in its place, Ryan looked around the empty forge and took a deep breath to decompress. Dealing with customers was a bit stressful, but since the day he forged for Ko, he had been getting progressively better at his professionalism.

With that said and done, he touched his coin pouch with a smile. It sure was a nice customer to start the day. But hunger crept in again now that he was technically free once more. He headed to the stairs and called out "Aileen! You there? Wanna have breakfast with me? My treat!" Ryan decided to check out with her just in case she was still up there and not doing something else, but otherwise, he'd head for the tavern by himself. It had been a while since he had eaten there.

He will probably cry, do not do it.
  • Whilst Teuihua spoke and described the quirks of his inorganic form, Siegfried felt a subtle bitter pang. As though being pricked by the thorns of a yellow rose, or mayhaps like the taste of an adder's tongue—it was a new feeling. He nodded, as Teuihua moved on, as means to show that he was listening. "Sylvan?" Siegfried tilted his head at the language's name, "As in silva—of the forest?" He'd cover his mouth for a moment, muffling his chuckle. "Fitting. " Siegfried would comment.

"I see—beauty." The gallant's eyes wandered over, "Anything that dies cannot be truly beautiful, for only in death shall they be eternal and thus achieve beauty. As once said upon a time, all destined to die shall soar beyond the stars and live forever; all that does not die, shall cease and become part of the realm as something new." He'd muse, before smiling. "Although, that is what mort... people would call a myth or a legend; or was it a tall tale?" He'd say. "That begs to say, where does a language go when it dies?"

"That sounds nice. Do you have any stories from that time? Wondrous and strange ones." He'd again question, he wondered how different the stories were then from now. The story of Ayotl sounded fascinating, so surely there were more that Teuihua or Ringo may have remembered. The childish sparkle again showed itself when Teuihua offered to show Siegfried how their language was written. "That would be quite good! If you do, could you write me something splendid? A word that can only be conveyed in the Mictlantecuhtlian Empire's language, I would be most grateful." He'd express with a grin you'd only see on an excited child who gets to choose the first game everyone plays on the playground.

"I see, thank you kindly Sir Teuihua." He'd slightly bow, before lifting himself straight again. "Then off to see the sea I must be, mayhaps. They may know the word I seek, although—" Siegfried looked to his left, and then right, then up and then down. "Where, Sir Teuihua, do you find the ocean? Or a large body of water." He'd ask with a tilted head.

"You must have not been close to a grove then; but they do indeed visit only in a dream, for they are not meant to be seen." Siegfried would reply. "They are red, or black, or white. They look like a deer and a goat and a horse and a lion and they have one long spiralling horn more splendid than any star twinkling in the cloudless night sky. Amaltheia is the first... Said to be the first, and the only one with a name for she was the favourite one, born from the first mother's first shed tear." He explained, "Or so goes the story." Said the gallant as he smiled.

Siegfried would stare quite discourteously with the arrival of the Priest of Elisiul. "You wear strange vestments." He'd blurt out with a blank expression, almost pointing with his eyes. However, when the priest addressed him, Siegfried would smile as though he hadn't said something strange at all just a moment ago; "Good greetings, your reverence," The gallant lowered his head, before lifting it again to reply. "No," Siegfried said, blunt as a club. "I have nothing to do with this shrine, Madame Baroness or this realm... This part of the realm." He would affirm, as the baroness had asked him to prior.

Siegfried listened briefly to how this supposed [Sylvan] language sounded as the priest spoke, his tail swaying in his focus before having said focus diverted by the moving boulders. His tail fell, as he looked up at Teuihua. "I will," He'd nod, "It is impolite to listen to others' conversations—or so I have been told." Said the nominal knight as he follow Teuihua out of the shrine area.

Siegfried mirrored Teuihua in his wave, "Good greetings, Madame Baroness and Sir with the ash-coloured hat." He'd state, referring to the merchant priest with the not ash-coloured hat. Of course, a horse wouldn't know that his hat was the colour of a strawberry rather than that of ash. The tip of Siegfried's tail curled as he approached Regula, "I must truly say thank you, Madame Baroness. Both her reverence and Sir Teuihua have provided one with truly aweful answers. If there is aught I could do to express my gratitude, I would do so merrily." Said he expectantly.

Mentions ~ StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal ; TheTimePiece TheTimePiece ; Elvario Elvario
Language Keys ~ "Common"; ("Woodland Animal")​

Ringo-Lord Bara 2.png
Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario
Languages: {Sylvan} | +Mictlantecuhtlian+

Ringo watched as the newcomer approached, her tails standing on alert. When Teuihua explained who it was she scrambled to right herself, standing up straight and smoothing her robes. She was about to give Teuihua a response to translate, when the priest suddenly introduced himself to her in her Sylvan. She gasped and her eyes lit up happily. "{Finally! someone else I can speak with! I-I mean... um...}" She folded her hands across her front, squeezing them together ever so slightly out of nervousness, and bowed politely to the priest. "{W-Welcome to our shrine, Priest of Elisiul. Regu- Ah, the Baroness told me there would be people who wished to speak with me.}" she listened to his next statement and held out her hands to receive the orb, looking it over curiously before remembering to respond. "{Oh, y-yes, I am the priestess here... or I guess I am, at least...}" Her ears and tail slumped. "{Honestly, that title is more honorary than official... I am only the priestess because I am the only one left... I'm not really sure what my role as such is... I have always been the shrines caretaker and guardian, preparing it for others, making it a place that was welcoming and comforting. I participated lightly in the celebrations and traditions, but I do not know them... I just want to assist Regula... I was told I was to serve her, but I do not know what I can do... So my duties here now are... I guess, just... being a support and comfort for the community and those who wish to visit... someplace where people can feel joy and relief and come together. My shrine has changed in the time I was away, both physically and spiritually. I wish to restore it's physical state. I do not believe the spiritual one can be restored. But it can still be somewhere people come to celebrate and seek help. That is my role now.}" She smiled, hoping she had thoroughly answered his question, unintentionally answering one of her own in the process, and not said anything that would harm Regula.

Karkan “Priest” Merchant
pCveA6x.jpg

The merchant priest was already on his way out, as he spotted Teuihua and Siegfried. For a moment, it looked like he might ask some more questions, but then he decided against it and headed back into town again instead.

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae

Upon confirming on priests were nearby, she sighed. “Thank you.” She told Teuihua, as he reported in. “Do you think they'll be convinced to have the church's efforts return here?” She asked Teuihua, hoping he'd also gotten a somewhat positive impression.

Meanwhile, Siegfried's words confused her. “Awful answers?” She asked. “That does not sound very positive. Were they not able to give you the type of answers you were hoping for?” As he stated his gratitude, she couldn't help chuckle. “You gratitude should go towards them first and foremost, as they're the ones that gave you the answers. However, if you do want to express your gratitude, I wouldn't mind you owing me a favour. With all that's happening I'll undoubtedly have some things I'll need help with in the future.”

Priestess of Vreign
YMaFWHl.jpg

Ryan would be able to find Aileen after the noblewoman left and got to have breakfast with her, but that was for another RP and/or off-screen moment.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

Mentions: Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Siegfried had managed to raise the priest's eyebrows in question, but upon his confirming that he had nothing to do with the shrine, it was quickly forgotten about.

He was a lot more attentive to Ringo's reply. He couldn't help notice an odd battle between his scepticism and empathy. Her words were almost like they'd been trained to be something she should say, yet her genuine confusion, perhaps even disappointment, made it seem like she was speaking truthfully. “{That sounds like a lovely new purpose for a place like this.}” He eventually stated, as his professionalism melted a little by the honest smile that was put on display.

Even so, he did have genuine things he wished to debate. “{This shrine used to be dedicated to a deity of passage, from what I have gathered. Currently, the deity worshipped as such as Meldaron, the God of Death and Transitions. He is known to be awe-inspiring, towering and timeless. His visage is almost akin to what you would expect from a Fae, having a silhouette between sunlight and forest leaves, skin like wet bark and woven from shadows, yet eyes of silver. He carries a staff with an ethereal flame, representing guidance and transition. It's said that he safeguards the equilibrium between the realms of the living and the dead, as he oversees a soul's passage. It is said that he might send signs and omens through shifting patterns of rivers, rustling of leaves and other subtle and cryptic messages. He rarely intervenes with our world, but sometimes picks a mortal as his 'chosen' envoy. His worship is often combined in acts of burial, like using the ashes of someone that passed away within the soil to plant a tree.}” He finished his relatively long explanation. “{Does any of this seem similar to the deity that used to be worshipped here?}”

As he was handed back the orb, he could see some peculiar things in the titles. Yet all the religious background it reflected had been explained already. All he really wanted to confirm, at this point, was whether or not there was indeed a link to Meldaron.

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1705451047154.jpeg

Amanda's expression shifted, revealing a subtle bashfulness as Gloria brought up the topic of the Baroness's rumored interests. "Rumors tend to circulate, especially around figures of influence. It's essential to approach such information with a discerning eye. People are complex, and their interests are often diverse. Baroness Regula has a vision for the Barony, and I focus on supporting her in achieving those goals."

As for the second question, Amanda's bashfulness deepened. "Well, I suppose I can't keep everything a secret. Aria and I have grown close, and we are in a relationship." She admitted, her tone carrying a mix of warmth and shyness. "It's a personal aspect of our lives, but it's also a source of strength. Aria is an exceptional individual, and our connection is very meaningful."

Amanda returned her attention to her sketching, giving Gloria the opportunity to respond or delve further into any other matters she wished to discuss.

Teuihua

Interaction: Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario
Teuihua wasn’t really sure about the sorts of philosophical questions which Siegfried posed like where does a language go when it dies.

However the question about whether or not Teuihua had stories from that time, Teuihua nodded,

“Well Sir Siegfried, Yes I have many, I have existed for many years even during my time, I have seen all sorts of beings and things at the border of where I was stationed, people from all over the realm traveling for different reasons in and out of all social and economic classes, many animals, styles of clothing, cultures, and religious practices. I have also seen my fair share of wicked monsters and formidable opponents during times of adversity. My kind were some of the first sent out on the frontlines along with units to by the settled areas I was protecting some time to better prepare when faced with the possibility of invasion. Naturally these are just my own personal stories, I understand there is another way to interpret your question, I have stories passed down through oral and written records about people who descended into the underworld to rescue their beloved, ones who parted mountains with words, built constructs unlike anything seen before, those who were said to have been favored by the divine, legendary creatures, as well as stories which teach lessons and values. If they are ever a topic of specific curiosity I would be willing to discuss them further.”

“I can certainly demonstrate how to write a word in the Mictlantecuhtlian language soon enough, that will be no challenge, I do not even require writing equipment to do so, if we can get to a proper patch of earth I can do it there.”
He replied, not exactly wanting to mark up the shrine floor if it could be avoided, but no one would probably mind if he did it out in the dirt somewhere large enough for Siegfired to see himself. He also didn’t reckon it made sense to get Ringo to fetch some scrolls, parchment, or ink now, so that would be the most straightforward.

“Well I know that there are rivers which go through not all so far from here which I would recommend trying first, if that does not work then maybe a lake, there is a river which you can follow to the lake if it is similar to my time, you will need to travel somewhat of a distance to get to the sea from this area to my understanding otherwise.”

Teuihua listened diligently to what Siegfried had to say about those he inquired about.
He nodded to signify he was listening. “Thank you, those sound..wondrous, perhaps I’ll get a chance to encounter them some day.”

As for the next part Teuihua knew that Siegfried’s bluntness probably wasn’t the best when the priest of Elisiul arrived but thankfully he didn’t express being particularly offended, and since Siegfried wasn’t actually affiliated with the Shrine, it wouldn’t matter nearly as much.

Teuihua nodded when Siegfried said he’d follow, that was probably a good thing.

Teuihua on the other hand actually did understand what aweful meant in this context, so he was pleased to hear it. It was also nice to hear that Siegfried was grateful.

“Of course Re-Baroness Caelia.” He corrected maintaining the warm tone.

As for Regula’s questions, Teuihua was quick to respond. “I am of the belief that my and Zeouli’s conversation with the priest of Elisiul went well enough to support that outcome, even if he had some skepticisms which needed to be addressed, I believe that the addressing them went about as satisfactory as they could be for him given the circumstances. Presuming that Priestess Ringo’s replies are also satisfactory I think that it is likely that he’ll at least be inclined to report that it does not appear that we are trying to propagate the spread of the Mictlantecuhtlian faith.”

“Of course for how the others who came feel I am uncertain, but I do hope that the results of their inquisitions are in our favor too.”

Teuihua then looked for a patch of dirt, since he had not been given further instructions he figured he could give an example to Sir Siegfried then and there. Teuihua bent down and started to write in the dirt with his more dexterous hand, while it looked like he was drawing, it was actually because of the logographic written form of the Mictlantecuhtlian writing. It sort of looked like Teuihua was drawing an angular figure who had some sort of helmet from antiquity like hat on with basic shapes to suggest robes as well as symbol which could be interpreted as a curved staff with a large spike on the end. They were simplified for ease of writing, but the idea was still there.

“This word here Sir Siegfried is a singular written word in Mictlantecuhtlian roughly translating to Priest of Cuhxoch. The language can be written side to side, or up and down, and many words can be strung together. " He finished, the scale of the writing decently sizable given Teuihua’s size.

Ringo-Lord Bara 1.png
Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario
Languages: {Sylvan} | +Mictlantecuhtlian+

Ringo ponders the priest's questions, placing a finger on her chin and cocking her head in thought. "{We never had any statues or reliefs or images of the deity, but there are certain similarities in your depictions. He was a traveler, who was often mentioned to have a large walking stick or staff. He was a guide and shepherd of lost souls, that was also one of my duties, making sure that remnant souls reached their destination when they were ready. He oversaw the soul's passage, watching over the boundary between the living and the dead. He rarely intervened and we were taught to find his presence in the small joys and facets of life. And, I suppose Regula was chosen by this deity... But, that is all I know.}" She smiled and looked for a sign of what the priest was thinking in his expression.

When it was clear the priest was finished, Ringo made one last plea. "{I-I don't really understand what is happening here, but... it seems my presence... and the shrines presence have upset a lot of people. But... please, don't blame Regula... she only brought the shrine with her because I was stubborn. I refused to leave and she was was just making sure I had a home in her Barony... If anyone should be punished, it's me...}" She stood with her head hung and squeezed her hands, hoping her words would have any affect on the priest.

Gloria Ironclaw

Gloria nodded at Amanda's reply, although the gears in her mind were churning. Was this the type of think she'd want to report to the mayor? Amanda's reply clearly dodged the question, so there might be some truth to the rumours. At the very least, it did help reduce the image of the baroness being a ruthless powerhouse to know she apparently might've had such a side to her.

The next answer, however, she knew not to report in. As Amanda's [Childhood Friend], that was something she believed would be up to Amanda herself to one day speak about at home. Instead, she just smiled. “Congratulations, I am happy for you.” It was comforting to know Amanda had found someone to be close to.

Priest of Elisiul
OophyUF.jpg

Mentions: Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

The priest made sure to note down some of the similarities that were confirmed by Ringo. Right now, it seemed like it was plausible for whatever the baroness encountered to have been a servant of Meldaron. He doubted it'd be the deity himself, but the similarities were close enough. The deity previously worshipped, however, did seem to have been a previous version of Meldaron. “{Thank you for answering me.}” He replied.

He was, however, taken aback by Ringo's next statement. “{The baroness' actions are her own. If she is so easily influenced as to endanger her domain due to someone else's whims, that would be of equal, if not greater concern.}” He replied firmly. That said, he was able to take on a more gentle tone next. “{Yet I believe we have sufficient evidence to suggest that there won't be any issues from this domain. I shall report these findings to the priests of Meldaron and to the church in general, but whether they agree with the plausibility of the origins of these deities being the same or not, it seems unlikely new cult activity will arise here.}”

He gave her a nod. “{Once again, thank you. I shall take leave to conclude my research.}” He spoke, after which he'd walk out to approach the Baroness herself.

Regula Caelia

C8CsoBD.jpg

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

She was glad to hear that things sounded like they'd gone well thus far. “That's good, thank you.” She replied, a bit of worry vanishing from her mind. The same worry reappeared when he expressed his uncertainty about the other priests. “You're right. We'll have to hope for the best.”

It wasn't long after that the priest of Elisiul showed up, upon which Teuihua and Siegfried were asked to relocate so that the baroness and priest could talk in private.

“Greetings, baroness.” He gave her a respectful bow. “I've learned much from those I spoke with already, but I was hoping to have some words with you as well.”

“Of course.” She stated, offering him a seat.

“Thank you. Then, would it be presumptuous of me to ask if you would want to hod this? My colleagues might've already told you what it does.”

By now, Regula had expected the routine. “Very well.” She stated, holding it, then handing it back after it'd gotten her titles.

A slight smile displayed on the priest's lips. “Much of this speaks of a good nature. A Hero, Well-Meaning, Gregarious, Earnest, although Prideful...”

He frowned, as he went through some other things. “Some of this, I do not understand.” He admitted, as he continued. “Who is this 'Redhook' and how have you been their demise?”

“It was a dangerous construct wreaking havoc within my domain. I had to put it down for the safety of my people.” She stated. Her Baroness' Word making every bit of her reply carry a certain weight. By now, she could at least anticipate what they'd ask about and had some answer at the ready.

“Very well.” The priest seemed to get a clear grasp of the necessity from her words alone. “Next, who or what is this 'Rocket' team that you are a part of?”

“I'm not sure. I believe this was bestowed upon me after surviving a self-destructing explosion from the earlier mentioned Redhook.” She stated, upon which the priest nodded. “Peculiar.” “Indeed.” Considering there wasn't a shred of dishonesty in her voice, the priest moved on.

“It seems you have an... unnatural disposition towards... tails?” He questioned, clearly unsure of what to think of this.

“I believe my personal interests aren't relevant to what we are discussing.” She stated firmly (Baroness Word A). “I can assure you that it does not lead me astray, that I shall strive towards peaceful solutions wherever I can and that I continue to treat others with respect.” She added with the same conviction. Third time was the charm, after all.

The priest sighed, weighing his options. “I shall pray for such to be true. Luckily, none that I have met would claim otherwise.” He eventually stated.

That left him with the most important question. “What does it mean for you to be the Mictlantechulian Chosen?”

This question had Regula worried the most, even though she saw it coming, as it was the one most difficult to explain. Oddly enough, it felt like the Priest was putting a fair bit of weight behind those words. Far more than the other two had questioned her.

It's why she was careful about giving her answer. “Truthfully, I am not entirely sure. What I do know, however, is that I've been glad to be able to welcome those from the Mictlantechulian culture into my domain. They have been good to me and thus I wish to be good to them. Preserving part of their culture and tradition would be an honour, yet I do not strive to reimplement it, even though I might be considered their Chosen. Perhaps all that I am Chosen for, is to be a safe haven for those that remain and find themselves in a new world and time without allies and guidance. Surely, even Elisiul would desire the peace and prosperity of those claimed by such unfortunate circumstances as to wake up in a time and place far beyond their knowledge?”

The priest contemplated her words carefully, before nodding. “So long as what you speak remains true, which the words of your servants seem to back-up, it does not go against our believes or interests.” He contemplated more. “Even so, you walk a fine line. The peace had nearly ended due to count Light's missteps. The situation has been mended, but a repeat of such an incident would surely remove Elisiul's favour from these lands for generations to come.”

She nodded, as she couldn't deny the dangers that had been present back then. “I shall be careful to ensure that won't happen.” She could speak so with honesty, as whilst she still had ambitions to rise among the ranks, she had the desire to do so peacefully.

The priest eventually displayed a smile. “Thank you, I believe I have learned enough to come to a conclusion. I wish you Elisiul's continued blessings in the times to come.” He stated, giving a bow, before he'd eventually reconvene with the other priest and leave the barony to report.

Wrap-Up

The priests would eventually be able to report their findings to the church and merchant guild alike, which would hopefully convince them to return. With some luck, relations wouldn't merely be mended, but even deepened. Count Sadek would be informed of these events having taken place as well.

The End

These are only suggestions, please wait until a grader confirms them before adding them.

Narrator bonus worth = 42 points (From having multiple A-grade characters.)

Teuihua
Title: [Interpreter] – Character is known for functioning as a translator between other characters.
Skill: [Religion F] (7 points)

Retili
Title: [Sharp-Tongued] – Character is known for being able to make arguments as sharp as a freshly sharpened blade.

Seth
Title: [Road Warden] – Character is known for having informed others on the safety of roads with a domain.

Siegfried
Title: [Supernatural] – Character has a type of aura and mannerisms to them that makes them seem slightly off to those unfamiliar with magical creatures. They are more likely to be considered interesting by those interested in the magical/supernatural.

Ringo
Title: [Adorable] – Character has a certain charm to them that can make people take on a milder, kinder tone when engaging with them.

Amanda
Title: [Sharp-Tongued] – Character is known for being able to make arguments as sharp as a freshly sharpened blade.

Ryan
Title: [Goldsmith] – Character has started to develop a reputation for being a smith capable of working with gold and jewellery.

Isekai Hell Grade

Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Tattletale Tattletale TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Uasal Uasal Valkan Valkan conman2163 conman2163

Felt like a short rp in that not much happened, but the pages and dialogue filled it. Let's make friendly with the factions is generally good plan. Now to make a decision.

Aftermath
The merchant's guild was never in disagreement with the Barony, so Regula's efforts were appreciated but ultimately unnecessary. The Merchant's guild would wait on the church's response. They had no interest in losing out on business opportunities with Caelia, but they also didn't want to get caught up in a potential war of some kind either.

The church federation of Ryke received positive reports from their representatives and quickly sent reply correspondence of the terms for their clergy returning to the domain:
Until such a time as when the god of the Caelia shrine is acknowledged by the federation, the shrine must be removed from the barony and no open worship of the deity associated with the shrine may persist. Should these terms be met, the clergy will return to their assigned temples.

Count Sadek sends word he is pleased with Regula's efforts and trusts she knows what must be done to not follow in the footsteps of her predecessor.

Rewards

Regula - 30pts (narrator)
optional title acquired [peacekeeper] - character tends to seek peaceful solutions to potentially dangerous conflicts.

Ringo - 13pts
optional title acquired [Churched] – Character has become slightly more aware of the deities and the rituals to worship them.
optional skill acquired [Religion F] – If upgrade is taken, add 7pts to earned and spent.

Teuihua - 20pts
optional title acquired [Churched] – Character has become slightly more aware of the deities and the rituals to worship them.
optional skill acquired [Religion F] – If upgrade is taken, add 7pts to earned and spent.

Retili - 20pts

Ryan - 13pts

Amanda - 20pts

Siegfried - 20pts
optional title acquired [Supernatural] – Character has a type of aura and mannerisms to them that makes them seem slightly off to those unfamiliar with magical creatures. They are more likely to be considered interesting by those interested in the magical/supernatural.

Seth - 9pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back