• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Steam and Sand: Steampunk Wild West

Mark

"I'm going to bring some food to our new friend." Mark stood up and grabbed some duck. He walked inside and greeted the Indian. "You feeling okay? I brought some food. What were you doing here?" Mark handed the duck to the Indian.

@Sir Jake @Sora @ChazGhost

Jekkel grabbed the duck and bite a chunk out of it. "What am I doing here?" He repeated. "Injured, shot down, in pain. No I'm just pulling your leg. Even though your leg mocks mine." Jekkel gave a small chuckle "I was roaming around to see if I could find some action, I found it, It went through my leg." Jekkel felt a little different It was probably the pain killers. "This is good duck"

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst the others ate duck Johnathan found a rather peculiar mushroom lying around which to his knowledge could either cause intense hallucinations or deadly dysentery. "Eh..Why not" he shrugged then picked up up the mushroom and ingested fortunately causing intense hallucinations in which he cradles the head of Buddha whilst miniature versions of himself dance to the tune of god save the king. In reality he was drooling on piece of meat that he was cradling in his rather burly arms covering him in quite a bit of blood.

Delsin had been leaning against the porch, remaining silent and unnoticed to achieve the full Mysterious Wander effect, when he noticed Johnathan holding some raw meat and... drooling over it. "I think Johnathan is, uh, ill." He reported to the group. Delsin returned to his own business, and noticed the huntress he had been conversing with earlier. Remembering that she had asked his name before the business with the camptosaurs, Delsin slowly made his way towards her. "Hey. Jewel, right? It's Delsin. My name is Delsin."

@Winged Destiny

Agnes nearly choked on her duck when Delsin mentioned Johnathan somehow managed to make himself ill.

"J-Johnathan? Ill?! How the fuck did he manage to get so sick in one evening?" The scientist rambled before standing up to search for their navigator. This was bad. Like really, really bad. The dawn was nearing, they had to regroup and depart so they had at least some chance of making to the next outpost in a decent amount of time. It was bad enough that they decided to take an injured man with them, but now even their navigator went and caught some prehistoric disease or something like that.

She found him drooling over meat with a glazed look in his eyes and a stupid expression on his face.

"Johnathan... hey, Johnathan?!" She walked over to him, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him lightly.

Johnathans face contorted with fear as Agnes approached him for in his eyes she was rotting and maggots spewed forth from her mouth as distorted versions of her voice boomed in his ears. "Oh god Get away from me" He pushed Agnes away from him as the hallucinations took a darker turn, a shrill voice from beckoned him to move and a grim hooded figure stood behind the distorted version of Agnes thus he began chanting words he overheard from a man who blieves in the occult during his travels in an attempt to ward off the apparitions."Tekeli'li Harne glaaki" He looked down into his arms to find a being with many tentacles and glowing golden eyes looking into his eyes and soul. He quickly threw the severed head or to Agnes' the chunk of meat at her splattering her with giblets and blood.

@Sora

Once again having his conversation interrupted, Delsin, ever the master of the quickdraw, unholstered his revolver and blew the meat out of the air before it could hit Miss Wright. Sure, a little would get on her, but it wouldn't be as bad as a direct hit. "Well. There's my good deed for the day." Delsin thought to himself and strode towards Johnathan and Miss Wright.

@Sora @Aughto von realname

Amber didn't know what stunned her more. Johnathan's aggressive reaction or the gunshot that blew the hunch of meat flying towards her.

It all happened with such speed, she could only reflexively bring her arms in front of her face to prevent tiny pieces of meat and blood hitting her face. She was a deer in the headlights when it came to action like this. Johnathan was chanting like a madman and she was hoping there existed a simple, non-supernatural explanation for it.

"T-thank you Delsin! Can you watch him for a moment?" Agnes nearly choked on her words before turning on her heels and ran towards the rest of the group. Out of all people those who hung around the cabin at the given time could most surely do something to restrain Johnathan.

"Mark! Katya! Rex! Someone get the doctor, Johnathan went crazy! H-he's chanting something, he looks really messed up and he threw raw meat at me!" The scientist huffed, still shaking a little. She wasn't afraid of beasts, dinosaurs, ghosts... she was afraid of what men could do.

@inFamousCheese @Aughto von realname @JustCallMeAimee @Fishman Lord @ChazGhost @Alushey

Another figure stroed towards Johnathan, a figure clad in tattered clothing and one that seemed to pose a threat to him. Johathan unwilling to lay down his life reached for the nearest object, which happened to be his saber, and began swinging it wildly at Delsin's general direction. The tattered figure seemed to move back in response to his actions allowing Johnathan to reach for his gun and readied himself for the fight on his life. In reality however Johnathan was barely standing and was in fact pointing a gun at the general direction of the cabin.

@inFamousCheese

"What's going?!" Rex asked conserned as he ran to cabin after somone yelled for a doctor. He wasn't sure which one was the doctor so he headed there to see if he could help. He surprised to see a man barely standing pointing a gun randomly in the cabin. "What's wrong with him..." Rex asked worried a out the man with the gun.

The mayhem suddenly jolted Chesco out of his sleep.

"What's going on? Why are there gunshots? Why is - oh." That last question is answered the moment he climbed out of the tarp and realizes the insane Jonathan aiming something and Agnes splattered in what looked like meat soon-to-spoil. "This is all just getting stupid!"

His first reaction is to grab his pistols, but no, these are (sorta) friends. That's gonna hold them back. His next action is to grab his cane. "First question," he asks, "did anyone here give anyone else something funky to eat? Magical mushrooms, any smoking herbs, anything that looks like sugar from far away?"

His next question is, "Can anyone help me distract him long enough so that I can zap him off his feet? This is a shocking weapon."

Jekkel watched the madman. Apparently, he saw something and was trying to shoot it. "I Believe it to be Magical Shrooms," He said aloud. Back in Jekkels village, this was quite a common thing, People who mixed up their mushrooms then causing them to crazy in the head. "Watch out he has a gun" he yelled, "I would recommend Steering away from that man if they want to live!" There was only one cure that he knew of that people in his village used. He might be able to make a rough copy of it which could make it worse or better But Jekkel was not going to be the one to give it to him lets just say it's not the easiest to get into someone's system.

Gravedigger

"If anyone has tranquilizers, now would be a good time to use them!" Gravedigger shouts. He pauses. "Don't tell me that NO ONE brought tranquilizers on a research expedition!"

"Hlirgh Hupadgh Mnahn lw'nafh." Johnathan hearing mistaking the voices of his companions for blasphemous chanting began shooting at the general direction of the illusionary figures which happened to be cabin. "Y-Goka ngha" He murmured as he unloaded all of his rounds at the cabin and fortunately missing due to his hazy vision caused by the mushrooms. He dragged himself towards the direction of the clamoring of the voices which sounded more and more familiar with each step that is until his stomach began to churn forcing him to the ground once more.

Chesco plants his cane on Jonathan, but keeps it unpowered.

"You guys go look. I'm not much of an herbologist, and if he wakes up as insane as he is, I can shock him back to sleep." As he mentions this, he checks his cane to make sure it actually has it set to people-stunning instead of raptor-stunning.

He then notices something pooling near his feet. A quick cursory evaluation confirms it to be sick and he hurriedly hops to the other side before it ruins his boots. "And can you please hurry before he regurgitates everything he ate?"

@Aughto von realname @Fishman Lord

"That works too" Jekkel glanced at the faces of the group. "You guys like to hurt each other don't you" He said to the entire group. Jekkel gave a loud yawn "well I guess I will go to sleep right here." He said closing his eyes. The young native fell into a deep sleep. As he slept he muttered things in his sleep. "No don't touch that, you will turn into a purple Dinosaur" "It only cost's ten cents" Jekkel was known for sleep talking.

Delsin leaned against a tree, keeping his eyes on the unconscious Johnathan. "When I heard 'expedition to chart the West,' this isn't quite what I had in mind." Delsin said to no one in particular.

Jewel Archer

"Exactly," Jewel muttered to Delsin, popping in from behind the tree. "We have assassins, robot thing dude, this insane shooter, people hollering in the distance. Man, it's crazy. Surprised we're not dead yet, honestly."

@inFamousCheese

"Ugh.. My neck hurts." Johnathan moaned at the blurry figures all around him. He rubbed his sore part of the head where the butt of mark's rifle greeted his head. "And also can anyone check my smoked meat...Why in the nine circles of hell are you pointing that cane at me for?" He grabbed Chesco's cane and threw it aside allowing him to get back onto his feet.

"Well, considering that you nearly shot someone and threw a chunk of meat at our sponsor, some security measures had to be taken."

Chesco backs off as far as he can to avoid the sick. "I'm not gonna be putting trials or anything, but what the hell did you eat that got you so loopy?" He then clarifies, "Because whatever it is, we seriously need to steer clear of it. For everyone's sakes."

Delsin was leaning against a tree when he noticed it; a pale figure in one of the cabin's windows. He blinked and it was gone, just as quickly as it came. Whatever it was, it was gone too quickly to make out details, but he could tell it was human-shaped. He remembered Johnathan mentioning that the cabin was supposedly haunted. Now, Delsin wasn't a superstitious man, but of course his mother had told him stories of spirits and demons and whatnot. But they were just stories to keep kids behaved, or to explain things people didn't understand. They weren't actually true. No, of course not. Still... "Johnathan, uh, where did you hear the cabin was haunted?"

@Aughto von realname

"Haunted? That's nonsense!" Chesco laughs out loud. "Ghosts aren't real! It's probably some crazy madman who owns the house or something. With that Injun now up and about, whoever's in there can totally shoot the poor bastard if they're threatened!"

It's pretty clear that Chesco Mardini believes absolutely nothing about ghosts. After all, all the proclaimed "ghost talkers" and "spiritual mediums" he ever met during his time with the circus all proved to be either criminally insane or masterful con artists, swaying crowds with smoke, mirrors, and showmanship. Of those two, he found the latter respectable in a sense that only began making sense when he started striking out on his own. Besides, he was a man of semi-mad science! There's no way something supernatural like ghosts exists!

@inFamousCheese

Jekkel startled awake when he heard the word Ghost. "Of course, ghost's are real." He exclaimed. He felt a cold chill down his spine. "Of course, Ghost are real" He kept repeating in his head. In his tribe, they believed in spirits more than ghosts they are sort of the same thing but not exactly long story short spirits are good ghost are bad.

"It was most likely a Psilocybe mushroom. It's a mushroom that can cause hallucinations if ingested." He then looked toward Jekkel. "Sir, please stay calm. Moving around could cause your wound to reopen and since I have limited supplies I rather not waste them." Al warned as he headed towards the door. "As for the ghost argument I say I'm neutral on the idea. If Dinosaurs came to be from a reality tear what's to say there are not ghosts too? He asked as he opened the door. "I'm going for a walk, but don't worry, I won't stray too far." He added as he left the cabin.

@That One Bruvva @Sir Jake @Sora

Users who are viewing this thread

Back