• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Steam and Sand: Steampunk Wild West

"There wont be a casualty on my hands chesco I've been doing this for a decade and only lost one" said Al as he got out more of his equipment. "Agnes you probably know that he was shot in the leg and luckily nothing critical was hit but the man wasn't shot from the distance he was shot at point blank range so it must've been someone in the group or someone is hiding close by trying to pick us off. So when we are finished have a group search the area if they find nothing be sure to have a closer eye on the group." He said as he grabbed a scalpel cut the mans leg open and used a pair of tweezers to retrieve the bullet. "Agnes I have bandages in that bag over there by my bed please retrieve them while I stich the wound close. Chesco did you see how this happened?" He asked chesco while he started stitching the wound closed.

@That One Bruvva

@Sora

Last edited by a moderator:
"Eh, I don't have anything to see in the dark at this range. I heard gunshots, I took a gander. Only noticed the poor sod when the two ladies picked him up." He was pretty certain in his testimony thanks to his snack. "I think Mark and Rex were hunting something at the same time. Maybe they'd have a better clue, I was busy here fixing my ride."

@Alushey

Gravedigger

"Well, this should be an easy mystery, just check all the guns and search the area for shells," Gravedigger says,"If the shooter used a rifle, repeater, or even some kinds of carbine, the bullet casing will be lying there and we can measure it to find the caliber. If a revolver was used, it'll be the gun that has an empty bullet casing or bullet casings in it."

Gravedigger looks to Al, who was talking to Agnes. Gravedigger grabs the bandages for him. "Here, she's a little shaken right now," Gravedigger says to Al.

Gravedigger walks over to Agnes. "Listen, everything is going to be fine. There's no sense worrying about it. My family's always said,'If you can't control a situation, don't worry about it.' You couldn't have stopped the person from shooting him, and it's all in Al's hands now. Besides, I have faith in our Doctor, don't you?"

@Sora @Alushey

Mark

Mark returned to find an odd sight. The Indian was bleeding, people were talking, Mark heard something about a president of Canada before the Indian was taken back to the cabin. "I guess we found our ghost," Mark said as he walked up to the scene, "but what is he doing here? Oh, and we have some duck that we can roast soon." Mark held up a few fresh-killed ducks.

@Sora @Sizniche @Alushey @JustCallMeAimee @That One Bruvva @Sir Jake @ChazGhost

Katya had decided to stay outside for a long moment. She felt at fault despite the fact she didn't shoot the bullet, pacing around she continued to think of how her years of training could've stopped that. Sighing the Russian rolled her eyes at her own stupidity and turned to the cabin pushing the door open. Upon stepping inside the conversation was cut off, although Kat had been listening, "there's no need to search the guns, it was Jonathan." She paused and shifted closer letting the door swing closed, "I believe this was an act carried out because the man is of a different ethnicity. Jonathan believed that the noise made was usually in a state of aggression after a native has harmed or murdered someone." She folded her arms, "I could've stopped him though I don't think you would've liked the out come."

"You're bloody brilliant Chesco, thank you." Agnes replied with a shaky voice before lifting the bottle of scotch to her lips.

Dragging on her cigarette she listened to what Katya had to say. The Russian woman may have had unique morals, but she seemed to play her role as a real professional, so Agnes didn't have a doubt in her mind about her telling nothing but the truth.

"I want to say I condone Johnathan's actions, but based on the reputation of tribals out here I can see the logic behind his actions. Either way, we will all need to focus a bit more on thinking before shooting. Can someone else handle ducks? I'm rather peckish, but I need to help the doctor."

Putting out the half-smoked cigarette, Agnes retired to assist Al. Her medical knowledge was nothing to boast about, but we general scientific background provided her with enough knowledge to take on the role of a nurse during Al's little on the dot 'operation'.

"Doctor, what's the situation with him? Did the shot hit any arteries or chip bones?"

She asked Al while wiping the injured man's forehead with a damp towel.

@Alushey @JustCallMeAimee @Sir Jake @Fishman Lord

"the Canada presidents is here... this will be amazing." Rex said when followed mark to the weird scene that was happening. Then when he noticed it was tribesmen he then realized he wasn't the president of Canada. In his mind either there was Indian attack or this man was shot on site because of his color. Rex being raised by a tribe would not be happy if was the second option.

Rex sat his pile of ducks in the kitchen of the cabin. After that he went of to the Doctor, Agnes, and injured Indian.

"what happend here and who and why did they shoot this man?" Rex asked worried.

@Fishman Lord @Sora @Alushey @JustCallMeAimee

ChazGhost said:
"the Canada presidents is here... this will be amazing." Rex said when followed mark to the weird scene that was happening. Then when he noticed it was tribesmen he then realized he wasn't the president of Canada. In his mind either there was Indian attack or this man was shot on site because of his color. Rex being raised by a tribe would not be happy if was the second option.
Rex sat his pile of ducks in the kitchen of the cabin. After that he went of to the Doctor, Agnes, and injured Indian.

"what happend here and who and why did they shoot this man?" Rex asked worried.

@Fishman Lord @Sora @Alushey @JustCallMeAimee
"It was Jonathan and if I put it plainly it was because if racist means," she sighed and leant back watching the doctor work on the Indian. Kat sighed scratching her neck, "do any of you know what it's like to be a murderer?" The Russian asked, "I think if Jonathan did he wouldn't be so trigger happy." Katya fell silent looking about the room for a long time. She would be part to blame for his death, if he were to die, how many lives would that be? 50? 60? She'd lost count.

After hearing what the Russian said Rex looked kinda... well he was mad. He lived with a tribe for a good amount of his life and racist against them always got on his nerves quick. Rex stormed out of the cabin and started looking for Jonathan. Then he came to realization that he didn't know who Jonathan was. Then he walked back into the cabin and asked "Which one is Jonathan?" Rex asked still mad and a little embarrassed.

Mark

"I'll go do the duck." Mark left the cabin and went to the fire. He stoked it for a bit, then went to a stump and began cleaning the ducks. After two were cleaned and cut, he began roasting them over the fire. He waited a bit while cleaning more ducks. After a while longer, the two ducks were ready. "Food's done!" Mark yelled as he ate a leg.

@Anyperson

"Rex. Don't." Agnes said, pinning the far larger man down with her piercing eyes. "We've had enough in-fighting, I won't stand for any more. I will have a conversation with Johnathan about it later, for now we do not need any vigilante justice." Her words were clam, but had a note of certainty and authority to them.

The whole situation seemed to place the group in an even more delicate position. Agnes was slowly coming to the realization that she had her work cut out to her. Ten adults, all older than her with vastly different morals and world views who have to survive in possibly the most dangerous territory in the world as of now... and it theory she was suppose to be the leader, yet it has always been clear to her that the reins were anything but in her grip.

She wiped the blood off of her hands, seeing that Al was nearly done with the native. Hearing Mark call out for dinner, she internally let out a sigh of relief. Fed people were happier, calmer people... hopefully.

"Oh Mark, thank you so much." She took a leg herself and bit into it, her rather posh upbringing clear from the way she ate, even though she tried her best to hide it. "Does anyone know what this man's name is by the way?" She inquired the group curiously.

@ChazGhost @Fishman Lord @Alushey

Rex was surprised, stunted, and a little impressed when the Agnes pined him down. Even if it was by surprise it take some strength to pin me... I guess that why her father trusted her to be in charge... Rex thought to himself impressed by how she could pin him down. "I won't do anything against him..." Rex said calming down. Rex headed to the fire when Mark yelled the duck was done. He grabbed two legs from one duck and started eating. "Good job. This is good duck."

@Fishman Lord @Sora

Chesco seems to appreciate even a small piece of duck to go with the pigeon.

"Now, I don't know much about Injun culture. I mean the last guy that I knew that said he was one was actually Indian. What I do know, though, is that it's possible that this might be the poor guy's house we've so graciously welcomed ourselves into." He paused a second to think about it. "Just an assumption though. I don't know what's in there, maybe he doesn't live there and he was hunting on his own."

Jekkel opened his eyes a little bit. He was starting to gain conciseness. He found a middle age man patching him up. "What did I miss?" He said vaguely. As Jekkel gain conciseness he began to feel more pain. "Hey doc have any pain killers or anything?" Jekkel was starting to be more aware of his surroundings. He started to smell a quite delicious smell. He was starving, It took a lot of energy to build up more blood. "That smells good" He said out loud.

@Alushey

Gravedigger

"Well, I guess this means we're stuck here," Gravedigger says to the group,"I mean, no matter how injured he is, we can't just drag him to the next outpost against his will. At best, we could leave Al behind, but that means our likely several-month research expedition will have to go without a doctor." Gravedigger sits down against the leg of Chesco's Struthomotor, still on its side from its recent repairs, and sighs loudly. "Hey, native, you wouldn't be so kind as to allow us to drag you along with us at least to the next outpost, right? I mean, one of us manhandled you--ironically, one of the women in the group--and another actually shot you, but we can all put that in the past, right?"

@Sir Jake

"Don't worry Agnes he is fine no arteries were shot and the bullet just missed the bone. As for you my friend yes I do have pain killers. Agnes if you could bring me a glass of water for him to take the pills I would appreciate it." He said as he started wrapping bandages around the mans leg and looked at the man and said. "Please be calm sir take your time to answer if you wish to come with us I can help you on our way to the outpost but if you wish to stay I will medicate you till you are able to move on your own." He said in a kind fatherly tone to the man.

@Sir Jake @Sora

Mark

"Thank you. Let me put another on." Mark put another cleaned duck on the fire to roast. "We should probably start preparing the dinosaur meat for storing, or else it will go bad really soon." Mark built up the fire a bit more, then started to put slabs of camptosaurus meat to be smoked. "Tomorrow will be a much longer day than today. We have a lot longer to walk, and there are no cabins or anything like that to stay the night in. Hope we have something to sleep under." Mark continued to eat his duck.

@Sora @ChazGhost

Jekkel looked at the man with the weird mech suit. He was asking Jekkel if he would like to come to the next outpost. Jekkel had nothing else better to do with his life so sure why not. "I'm Fine with that stranger. Let me ask you this, what is your business in going there?" He asked curiously. Jekkel gratefully took the glass of water and swallowed the pills. Then he laid back down on the table.

@Alushey @Sizniche

Agnes fetched the glass of water as instructed and handed it to the injured native. In a bit of relief she propped herself down next to the bed, leaning against the wall.

"This is an expedition, organized and funded by my father, Mr. Wright. Our goal is to explore and chart the Wild West while preferably discovering as many new species of flora and fauna as possible." She said smoothly, taking back the empty glass as soon as Jekkel was finished taking his medication. "My name is Agnes by the way." She added with a small smile before turning her attention to the exploration members gathered nearby.

"I could probably make enough space in my cart to accommodate him. However, we are running very low on space by now... Para may not be able to go as fast as before. We can't count on being able to run away from any danger anymore." The scientist stretched, cracking her stiff joints before pulling out more rolling paper and tobacco to roll another cigarette.

"It should begin to dawn any time now. Can you guys inform anyone you see that we're departing the moment it begins to dawn?"

"Long walks build up character and strength. Tomorrow the real adventure starts." Rex said pulling out his flask and opened it. He took a big gulp before saying "Would anyone want to hear the story how I hunted down captured a pack raptors?". Then he started telling the story anyways.

"It was five years ago in the middle of the amazon jungle, I was traveling with a doctor, a one armed local, and a seeing eye dog the belong to another man who was eaten by saber tooth tiger as we slept a few nights ago. It was day twenty of journey to capture a pack and study them and mark them so the doctor can come back and see what happen to them in a few years. As we were walking the others kept looking around at every noise from the jungle. But I knew better. I listen more carefully and focused on the sounds of the predators. And that when they came out. The raptors jumped out of the bushes attacking our little group. I was told not to kill any or my pay would be cut if I did. So I Used the flat of my blade to knock them away. But they kept coming. I knock back one, three would come back. They took the guides other arm. So you know what I did? I looked carefully for there leader and there he was, a big grey raptor in the back. I jumped over three raptors and tackled the leader to the ground. The other raptor turned around and watch the battle between me and the raptor. I put it in a head lock to and put my weight on it to keep it on the ground. I got at of battle scares all over my body from it struggling. But soon it gave up and I was able to let it go. After that we were able to study and mark the raptors, as long as I kept near the pack leader. We left completing the task and I got payed in full." Rex finished before drinking more from his flask.

Jekkel glanced at the women, She was explaining this expedition and it's goals. It sounds fun, It would give him something to do. After the women explained everything, she said her name was Agnes. "Nice to meet you Agnes" He reached his hand out to shake. Jekkel noticed she was taking out a smoke. He was not too fond of consent smoking. In his tribe, there was the occasional pipe but not many people smoked. Jekkel decided to ignore it. Then this wild looking hunter started telling his story.

Chesco peers into the cabin from a window and takes stock of the situation as he got his bedroll out.

Good news: The crazy-ass injun seems to be alive, and nobody seems hostile with him. Still doesn't explain what the plan was, but at least there's no worry about filling a body bag. That's always dreadful.

Bad news: There's one more person to worry about, one more mouth to feed. Even if he wasn't privy to the details on the voyage's budget, he was sure that this new addition was not one that was planned for. He already knew that Agnes' cart was occupied, and fitting another person was going to make things difficult, and for the time being, nobody else seemed to carry anything that was both capable of carrying a second person and NOT eat the poor guy before his bullet injury was healed. Were this the Circus, this'd be the point where he'd have to review the audience reactions and determine who would get left behind so the other acts could get more room. But this was no circus. He was not in control here, and he knew precious little about the entire act. His first impression didn't make his odds of getting cut any lower, but at least he didn't shoot someone in the dark.

He would have put in another discussion with an extensive analysis about the current cast and their odds of droppage, but at the moment sleep was becoming increasingly invasive. Rather than force his way awake yet again, he merely covered himself and the Struthomotor under a tarp and passed out there.

Katya seemed to have moved off to stand besides the door. She'd taken her leather waist coat off despite it being cold and wore a grey-ish and purple stripped button down crop top underneath. She stood besides the door so she could both watch and smoke without bothering the doctor, the Russian sighed and exhaled smoke her stomach seemed to do a back flip as it growled, the problem was Kat ate a lot due to her job and she didn't want to eat anyone out of house and home whilst on their trip so it was likely she'd keep to her own food. Dropping her arm Katya rested her hand on her waist, her fingers tracing the old branded words on her skin, as her other have lifted the half burnt cigarette to her lips. She watched the native intently as she would anyone else trying to figure him out.

"Oh god no..." Agnes murmured to herself when Rex began with his story. She moved to sit on the porch in front of the cabin so she could smoke outside while listening to him. The man just seemed to go on and on so she didn't really pay attention to him, until she realized that the doctor he was talking about was actually an acquaintance of her father and busted out laughing.

"Ahahah oh wow I can't believe you worked with that guy! That doctor... Wilfred or something like that I think is so fucking crazy. I can imagine him paying you to do a suicide mission like marking a bunch of raptors. Can't believe you pulled it off." Wiping a few of laughter-induced tears away she reached for another small piece of the duck, munching on it while watching the sky slowly get brighter.

"Katya, have you eaten anything? We have enough food until the next outpost, you know, and we will stock up there, so it's no problem." She chimed, looking up to the Russian woman, whose sharp gaze was focused on the injured native.

@JustCallMeAimee @ChazGhost

Jekkel laid back on the table. He felt something odd, Sort of a Paranoia feeling. He looked up from the table to see Agnes staring at him. It was a rather odd sight, A native in cowboy clothing as some would call it with an old cowboy hat on and a bandaged leg. Jekkel gave a small chuckle. "Can someone pass me some duck?" He asked. Jekkel was starving he had not had anything to eat in a long while right around ten hours not to mention all the energy he has used up as his body repaired the wound little by little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back