News Status of Hosted Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've read the latest edit to the first post as well as the last couple pages of recent responses, and I am still confused. Were all the Hosted Project re-applications just turned down en masse? Those that we've been told to make in HP Support? Or are you just saying that it's going to take some more time?

I've a bad feeling about this, somehow *woof*
It was to save time. As Wiz said, the staff received a lot of applications, so instead of looking through them one by one, which would take a long time, they decided to do the system detailed in the original post.

The hosted project system is really nice once they have it all set up. I used it before we transitioned to IPS and I preferred it over the IPS system, actually. Unfortunately, getting everything moved into the old system takes time.

I think I mostly have a problem with the whole "grandfather clause" for 30 days. Are you able to explain that to me?

I think I mostly have a problem with the whole "grandfather clause" for 30 days. Are you able to explain that to me?
Basically, if you keep your HP active (as in there is at least one post every 30 days) then the admins will eventually transition your HP into the system that will allow you more moderation privileges. They want to watch and move the active ones and that clause gives them the ability to watch and make sure the HP is active before moving it. Making the new spot for an HP is actually rather time consuming from my understanding.

Basically, if you keep your HP active (as in there is at least one post every 30 days) then the admins will eventually transition your HP into the system that will allow you more moderation privileges. They want to watch and move the active ones and that clause gives them the ability to watch and make sure the HP is active before moving it. Making the new spot for an HP is actually rather time consuming from my understanding.

That's odd. It seemed pretty seamless in the previous update.

That's odd. It seemed pretty seamless in the previous update.

We are returning to a system where we be admins have to make your forums by hand so we don't have to depend on a crappy addon. If approved, once made, HPs will be better then before because you'd have better moderation abilities, prefixes, etc.

It just takes a human several hours to prepare everything for you

We are returning to a system where we be admins have to make your forums by hand so we don't have to depend on a crappy addon. If approved, once made, HPs will be better then before because you'd have better moderation abilities, prefixes, etc.

It just takes a human several hours to prepare everything for you
Quick question, when my RP is moved, will I be able to edit any and all posts that are made in the roleplay?

I'm confused. D: I just got on properly and clicked this thread, but everything is crossed out at the top. Does it still apply?

Basically, I have two (three I guess) HP's. They're dead, and I don't plan on reviving them. In fact, I'm not sure if they are even still on here. Do I need to take any action?

I would particularly like to grab some info I'd put down on a certain character's sheet in one of the aforementioned HP's... is there a way for me to do that now??

Thanks. ^^

Hello Phadia Phadia ,

If you do not want to run your hosted projects anymore, you may let them sit. You can locate the CS you wish to save and copy and paste it elsewhere or have the thread moved. If you would like it to be moved, please make a support ticket. :)

What would happen if I just leave them? Are they getting deleted? I have a bunch of stuff coming up and I don't want to rush to get that CS right now, but I will if they are going to disappear.

As explained previously with grandfathering, your HP threads will be archived after 30 days of inactivity. The HP forum containers will be deleted.
Okay. So I guess I have 30 days to grab that CS? Thanks for your help! ^^
Also, I have another question. Are HP's still a thing now? Are we still going to be able to make them? Sorry if this question as been answered elsewhere. I'm having a slightly hard time navigating the site now. Gotta get used to it again!

Wait, so if you're grandfathering them and their abilities to prefix and moderation returns after the test of time, what is this "test of time"? Can we know that?

Wait, so if you're grandfathering them and their abilities to prefix and moderation returns after the test of time, what is this "test of time"? Can we know that?
I think, but I'm not certain, that that just means they want to make sure your rp is and has been active. HPs when we were on xenforo the first time around were things that you had to prove you could keep active before you actually got them and they want to make sure that only active ones are transitioned this time around. I may be wrong, though.

We just had an overall update and now people are talking about version 2? I've never been on a site which changes so frequently as this one.

I think, but I'm not certain, that that just means they want to make sure your rp is and has been active. HPs when we were on xenforo the first time around were things that you had to prove you could keep active before you actually got them and they want to make sure that only active ones are transitioned this time around. I may be wrong, though.
Right, I understand that, but any rights you may have had prior was sort of thrown off when HP's were seemingly (to me) easier to get on the newer version we had prior to going back to this version. That's fine, I can handle that. But then we go back and don't have moderation powers for our areas and have to wait for some arbitrary moment in which we've proven ourselves by a stipulation we've yet hear about. But first told to send a message to keep our HP or after X days they will archive it. Now it's just on your activity. OK, why not just keep mod powers and those that are inactive just delete? Did they not earn those HP to begin with? If so, this seems counter-intuitive. And until then, mods must be inconvenienced (I don't think they care) as do us just to contact them and hope they get the change we may need if we have them rather than just doing it like we did before.

Everything is so convoluted and disorganized it seems. It's one thing then it's another. It's one forum version then it's another, no, now it's back. As the user above said, I've never been on a site that has changed this much in such a short time.

I can wait and be patient, I'm more preoccupied with my exams and writing articles to float over the admins and mods, but not everyone is as busy as I am. It's just so off-putting, albeit it's such a first world problem but not one I think truly needs to happen.

Hey, maybe someone here can help me with this? I hope this hasn't been asked before and I come over sounding stupid... It appears that the majority of my posts in former RPs I was involved in kinda dissapeared, at least it says that I have only made 93 posts in total when actually it used to be 260+ before the update. My only concern is that I probably won't be able to start a HP in near future. I'm not sure what to do...

Hi! I am just a little bit confused because the first post has a big warning that I have 14 days to contact the admins, but then there's the grandfather clause underneath with the 30 day rule. Do I still need to make a support thread for my RP (Once Upon a Time in the Weird West) in the next two weeks or no?

This.

We just had an overall update and now people are talking about version 2? I've never been on a site which changes so frequently as this one.

Version 2 of the software. We are on xF1. People want xF2 to come out so we can release tabs. Its not a software switch or any such thing, its just an update to our existing software like any other update that we regularly apply with out any one noticing.

Right, I understand that, but any rights you may have had prior was sort of thrown off when HP's were seemingly (to me) easier to get on the newer version we had prior to going back to this version. That's fine, I can handle that. But then we go back and don't have moderation powers for our areas and have to wait for some arbitrary moment in which we've proven ourselves by a stipulation we've yet hear about.

Hey, maybe someone here can help me with this? I hope this hasn't been asked before and I come over sounding stupid... It appears that the majority of my posts in former RPs I was involved in kinda dissapeared, at least it says that I have only made 93 posts in total when actually it used to be 260+ before the update. My only concern is that I probably won't be able to start a HP in near future. I'm not sure what to do...
Xenforo counts posts differently than IPS did. This forum doesn't count status updates and other things like that. Currently they are not opening applications for HPs for an undefined amount of time (however long it takes for them to transition all the old ones that will be transitioned). Note that transitioning each individual HP probably takes a few hours and there are only four/five admins who are capable of actually transitioning HPs so it will not be a fast process.
Hi! I am just a little bit confused because the first post has a big warning that I have 14 days to contact the admins, but then there's the grandfather clause underneath with the 30 day rule. Do I still need to make a support thread for my RP (Once Upon a Time in the Weird West) in the next two weeks or no?
The 30 day rule just means that if your HP does not have any posts for a time span of 30 days or more, it will be archived. If you keep it active and keep it running, the admins will eventually reach out to you in order to discuss moving your HP into the actual HP system. So there is no need to create a thread although I do not think it hurts either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread