Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

Today I’m going to finally talk about Hosted Projects after things have calmed down a bit since the site went live. For those of you who have been here the longest, I am sure you have all seen the different variations that Hosted Projects have taken over the years. We will be returning the format that we had pre-IPS, which did not require an add-on (until we find a suitable one. The IPS one was bad in many aspects, and nothing decent seems to exist on xF due to most developers waiting for the big release of xF2 before coding new addons). For those of you familiar with the previous system, it means that The Administration and I will assume direct control/jurisdiction of Hosted Project Applications, Creation, and Support, since the moderators cannot create new forums on the site.

This means that after 250+ posts (the previous requirement) users will be able to see a Hosted Projects Support section under Support.

NOTE: Applications are currently not being accepted until we settle in everyone who previously had an HP.

Since we will be returning a setup where we have to manually approve and create HPs, it means we will also grant HP creators who get approved Prefixes and other functionality that has been dearly missed that did not exist back on the IPS site before the update.

Existing HP Creators
If you currently own an HP, we require that you reach out to us in Hosted Projects Support, and let us know which and all HPs you own so we can begin restoring your ability to moderate your own HP and process any prefix requests you may have and evaluate if your RP still belongs as an HP.

Since regular roleplays now have access to threadmarks (which HPs can also use) and with tabs returning in the future (xF 2.0), not every RP needs to be their own Hosted Project. We will never stop supporting thread roleplays on RPNation, and thread RPs are being improved upon constantly.

We want to make sure that Hosted Projects transcend that system and are something of a big deal if you will. We want to be be able to alert and make announcements when a new one is created and have pride in them.

Creators who do not reach out to us within 14 days will have their Hosted Projects immediately archived.

As usual if you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below.

We have opted to grandfather in existing HPs. We will be using the standard HP rule where after 30 days of inactivity, we will send the content to the site archive and delete the forum container (the empty project after archiving the content) at which point if the content is to be revived, it will have to reapply or head to the non-HP sections.

Grandfathered HPs are not eligible for prefixes or having us restore your moderation ability. If you need assistance please contact the staff and if your project survives the test of time, we will automatically reinstate abilities.

We will also be reaching out to HP Creators who are clearly way too active/large and moving them out of the Old HP system into the new area (where new ones will be made in the future when applications are made) and providing support immediately. This way the entire administration is not bogged down by trying to deal with the flood but instead HPs can run their course.

Last edited:
very nais, i'm very astonished over the work you all are able to do, keep up the good work! C:

Sorry if I am bugging the mods or being dumb, but I am just a bit confused about how to make an RP a Hosted Project. Will the RP have to be created first, and then after it meets certain requirements, you can apply to make it a Hosted Project? Or can you apply to make it a Hosted Project right away?

Again, sorry if you already answered this above, I just want to make sure I understand properly. And also sorry for being annoying.

Sorry if I am bugging the mods or being dumb, but I am just a bit confused about how to make an RP a Hosted Project. Will the RP have to be created first, and then after it meets certain requirements, you can apply to make it a Hosted Project? Or can you apply to make it a Hosted Project right away?

Again, sorry if you already answered this above, I just want to make sure I understand properly. And also sorry for being annoying.

Both. Existing RPs can be made into HPs later. You can make your HP first if you are approved, etc.

It begins....

You should get on it :P

Done.

Is there anything specific that we're supposed to include in the Hosted Project Support thread we create? I really wasn't sure so mine was very vague. I wasn't sure what was needed so... yeah...

Done.

Is there anything specific that we're supposed to include in the Hosted Project Support thread we create? I really wasn't sure so mine was very vague. I wasn't sure what was needed so... yeah...

Just links and names will do, we will initiate the rest of the conversation on our part.

The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard Erm, are you going to have a tutorial on how to use the tabs in threads? I haven't been on that system in 2 years, and don't remember how. x.x
Tabs won't exist until xenforo 2 comes out and I imagine there will be a tutorial. They're usually pretty good about teaching how to use new things. Sometimes it takes a while but usually there are tutorials for new features when they come.

Tabs won't exist until xenforo 2 comes out and I imagine there will be a tutorial. They're usually pretty good about teaching how to use new things. Sometimes it takes a while but usually there are tutorials for new features when they come.

Is there an official release date for Xenforo 2? I know Xenforo 2 has been in discussion for two years at least now, right?

Could old HPs that aren't enough for an HP be switched to regular thread forums instead of archived? I have this 1x1 HP that I have active rps in (despite the fact they appear inactive, I am in communication with the partners and know they are still on). I wouldn't want them dumped into the archives, but I'm pretty sure you won't approve it as an HP.

The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard A friend of mine had created the Hosted Project I currently own. I have clicked the provided support link and I have come across an error message every time. Can you help me?

Is there an official release date for Xenforo 2? I know Xenforo 2 has been in discussion for two years at least now, right?

The demonstration of tabs I did earlier before the update was actually on a Alpha version of xF2, Beta is almost here and then gold which will most likely be before summer ends tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back