• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic StarRunner (Anime-Mecha RP)

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Premise

In the universe of StarRunner, the UTC (United Terran Council) has been running a type of utopia on earth and her colonies. Terra has been re-formed to it's natural glory, dotted by pristine, utopian Megatropolises that do not harm the environment. This was made possible due to the relocation of all dirty industry (Such as manufacturing) onto the mars Foundry-Planet. However, the recent pushes by activist groups to pust for equality for Off-Breed Humans (Anthromorphs and Technomancers) have caused plenty of systems to create the "Splinter" faction (Think North and South of the American Civil War). One would think that, given the might of Terra's Military, the war could not last long, but the Splinter has somehow been able to hold their own, and even push back the UTC forces.

The players will be riders of FRAMEs under the command of a Loyalist captain aboard the StarRuner super-carrier. (Eventually)

Things to Know:

Each FRAME has a SOUL, an AI that inhabits the FRAME and acts as a companion to the Rider, manifesting as digital projections when outside of the FRAME. They will essentially act as a second character. They have their own personalities and are completely loyal to their Rider. Basic summery. Ask questions if unsure.

The FRAME system would be similar to many other types of Mecha. You have a good amount of liberty in designing it.

Types are as follows:

Strykers - Mobility and fast-attack frames, Close Combat Oriented

Bulwarks - Slower, more durable Frames, Defense, support Oriented

Destroyers - Firepower-based Frames, Ranged Oriented

For weapons and technology, there are blades and shields of solid light. Laser weapons are a-go. Kinetic weapons and missiles are still valid weapons as well. Beyond that, you can create one signature weapon or system. Everything must be portable, however, such as carried rifles and swords or hardpoint mounted weapons. This is a really basic overview. Ask questions.

As for loot, that will be salvage, which will be consumed by the Ship's mechanics to give Player-Requested additions to their frames. (Be they weaponized or simply upgrades to statistical things. Speed, etc.)

For characters, there are different 'breeds' of huimans that you can choose from:

Humans- They're, well, human. They do get a bonus to their likability, due to less prejudice against them.

Anthromorphs- Ears and tail of base mammal (Or suitable replacements) and a personality quirk that coincides with base animal. This includes a boost in an ability, such as increased stealth, speed, stregnth, that will be imparted upon their FRAME.

Technomancers- Technomancers are born with the ability to see streams of data and influence them. With enough time and concentration, a Battle Technomancer can input code or cause a malfunction in equipment. For example, A Technomancer can grapple an enemy and input code to transmit the position of the FRAME to a receiver. Also can be used to take down shields for boarding actions, etc. Just remember that it takes time and concentration, and is thus used best when planned in advance and with good support, rather than trying to influence the tide of battle in a moment.

Also, each rider will have been scouted out by the captain of the ship for a reason that will be up to you. Distinguished service in battle, Prodigy Mechanic, Trouble-making delinquent, etc.

Other Details:

FRAMES are 50-75 feet Tall. Also, controlled by body movements and mental commands, not joysticks and other controls. (Think Pacific Rim, and you are basically there)

FRAMEs have a limited bio-feedback system. Damage taken by the FRAME is felt by the rider at a base rate or 10-25%. You will get sharp pains and such from wounds, the worst being complete limb numbness when the corresponding FRAME limb is detached.

Again, basic information. Ask questions

MECHANICS

During all direct combat scenarios and actions against the enemy will have overall structure from me but the details will be up to the players (i.e. I'll write something like "you can kill three guys, or two and strike at the mini boss" or the such, and allow the player to improvise how he kills them). If players would like to take some sort of direct action not offered, simply run it by me in I'll give you the possible results of that action.

Mooks (Untitled enemies) Are able to be killed to the number given. Titled enemies, {Elites ; Minibosses ; Bosses ; Megabosses} Are all enemies that you must post strikes for, rather than outright killing them. Your characters can also take wounds. Wounds will work with light, medium and heavy.

Light wounds are superficial, they won't affect a character's ability, but the player must acknowledge that they occur during the post. Players may also have the liberty of doing this on their own, though during some situations I will require this to happen to characters. Medium wounds will affect the combat capability of a character, either through a disability that prevents using certain equipment or just a decrease in effectiveness. Heavy wounds completely incapacitates the character; he becomes vulnerable to an execution move by an enemy if not aided by a comrade.

• LIGHT- Doesn't really affect your/your FRAME. From minor paint scratches to shallow cuts and bullet grazes, stuff like that make a Light wound. You can take these in your combat post if you wish. May or may not make later wounds easier to take/more severe. When I give them to you, you must emote (write them out) them in your post, and they must fit the situation that gave you the wound
  • MEDIUM- Affects your combat capabilities in some way. There are 3 terms I sometimes use. Given during my posts, and must be emoted in the same way as Lights.

1. Light-Medium means that it isn't really bad. Perhaps crushed chest armor plating (makes chest more vulnerable, can flake off during combat)
  2. Medium is the base. From crushed plating to a severed limb, most anything goes. Middle of the road may be a smashed arm servo that makes it slower to move.
  3. Medium-Heavy Are bad. Severed limbs are the topmost example, although destroyed weapon systems are also a thing that happens here.

• HEAVY- Wounds that severely damage your character/FRAME to the point that it hurts too much to move, or is just completely impossible. These are allocated and emoted by me, so you needn't worry about having to be fair with these. Executions can happen if you aren't rescued (either by all enemies around you getting killed or wrapped up in combat, someone dragging you to safety, or someone shielding you with their body.

Gambits are high-risk, high-reward maneuvers that can turn the tide of battle if successful, or seriously hinder you is they don't work.

Combat will occur both in and out of your FRAME.

POSTING

I will ask that people post at least once a day. I would personally prefer more, but I realize that RL and timezones prohibit that in plenty of cases. I will post a full moving update once a day, Approximately every 24 hours, or once everyone has posted. in addition, I will post more often during downtime (Probably once two or three people post) in order to allow some greater character development. In combat, unless it will cause problems at that time, I will post a combat group update once the entire group posts

As this is anime, and for the direction I am hoping for this to go, there will be love interests. Couples and families will be formed. We will obviously use the fade to black rule for when that happens.

Character Sheet

Name:

Breed: (And base creature in case of Anthromorph)

Looks:

Personality:

History:

FRAME Details: (Type, Name, Weapons, looks, etc.) [2-3 Weapons/Systems and 1 Signature Weapon/System]

SOUL Details: (Looks, Name, Personality)

Again, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, let me know

By the way, this may be a detailed RP. It may be casual. However, either way I am planning on this being a long-term Roleplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you said that SOULs manifests as projections when outside the FRAME, but how would one actually communicate with one? Can it be heard in the user's head? Is a special device needed?

[QUOTE="Kirito Kei]I know you said that SOULs manifests as projections when outside the FRAME, but how would one actually communicate with one? Can it be heard in the user's head? Is a special device needed?

[/QUOTE]
Have you ever played Halo? If you have, they act like Cortana and the other AIs. They can speak through comms systems, or actually just speak with a voice.

[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]Have you ever played Halo? If you have, they act like Cortana and the other AIs. They can speak through comms systems, or actually just speak with a voice.

[/QUOTE]
Cool. Another question, would it be possible for a FRAME to minimize its armor and other armaments for the sake of greater mobility?

[QUOTE="Kirito Kei]Cool. Another question, would it be possible for a FRAME to minimize its armor and other armaments for the sake of greater mobility?

[/QUOTE]
FRAME details are almost completely up to you. I may say if I feel something is Overpowered and ask you to change it, but other than that, you can make close to anything you wish. Just be sure that the FRAME is detailed correctly on your CS.

[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]FRAME details are almost completely up to you. I may say if I feel something is Overpowered and ask you to change it, but other than that, you can make close to anything you wish. Just be sure that the FRAME is detailed correctly on your CS.

[/QUOTE]
*Salutes* Yes, Sir! CS should be up in next hour, Sir!

Oh, this is an absolutely amazing idea! I want to look into this! As well, hey Kirito!

[QUOTE="Kel Vas]Oh, this is an absolutely amazing idea! I want to look into this! As well, hey Kirito!

[/QUOTE]
Heyo Kel! Fancy seeing you here.

Is there room for this? I've always wanted to be a part of a good mech rp, and the mechanics for this one seem quite nice.

CalamariHero said:
Is there room for this? I've always wanted to be a part of a good mech rp, and the mechanics for this one seem quite nice.
Yes, there's room! Post a CS for @The Mythic Dragon to review.

[QUOTE="Kirito Kei]es, there's room! Post a CS for @The Mythic Dragon to review.

[/QUOTE]
Just... Right here? Or did I overlook a link or something?

CalamariHero said:
Just... Right here? Or did I overlook a link or something?
Right here is fine. The actual roleplay isn't created yet, @The Mythic Dragon likes to wait until he has enough players.

[QUOTE="Kirito Kei]ight here is fine. The actual roleplay isn't created yet, @The Mythic Dragon likes to wait until he has enough players.

[/QUOTE]
Ok. I have just never done that before. I was a tad hesitant.

[QUOTE="Kel Vas]Ohhh! I get both Calamari and Kirito, lucky day!

[/QUOTE]
Ok, we are in like 2 rps together now, (3, if you include my mildly unfinished one.). I swear I didn't do this on purpose. I am just a huge nerd for futuristic rps. (Though I am sure it'll be neat having you about. I imagine you are a good roleplayer, and a cool cat.)

CalamariHero said:
Ok, we are in like 2 rps together now, (3, if you include my mildly unfinished one.). I swear I didn't do this on purpose. I am just a huge nerd for futuristic rps. (Though I am sure it'll be neat having you about. I imagine you are a good roleplayer, and a cool cat.)
No no no, remember, I am the Stalker. This was just a happy coincidence!

Hopefully I can live up to that image.

First off I'm new to RP so please bare with me if I make any stupid posts.

With the combat system, how will damage to your FRAME and character be judged? I know that I probably won't be the one deciding whether I'm heavily or lightly damaged.

Aggiewon said:
First off I'm new to RP so please with me if I make any stupid posts.
With the combat system, how will damage to your FRAME and character be judged? I know that I probably won't be the one deciding whether I'm heavily or lightly damaged.
Hey! I've used this combat system before, however I don't want to be responsible for giving you any wrong information. The GM, @The Mythic Dragon could answer your question but he isn't on right now. In the mean time, feel free to make a CS.

This is my first posted CS. Please me know if you think I can improve it.

Name
:Falco Patroni

Breed: Human

Looks: 5' 8" and of a medium build. Falco sports short red hair with a slicked-back style, and possesses grey/blue eyes.

Personality: Happy-go-lucky and boisterous with a habit of making terrible puns at equally terrible times.

History: Born into a wealthy family in the suburbs NeoAtlantica, Falco grew up with many opportunities for a promising career in archaeology (his parents had discovered a nation that they believe used to be called Russia) but his energetic and rebellious nature did not fit the mold his family wanted him to fill. He ran away at the age of 18 and joined the military as an ordinary grunt. During boot camp he managed to get ahold of the pass codes to a training FRAME. He showed amazing skill with the old piece of scrap and after about a month of disciplinary duties was offered a place a Rider trainee. Since then he has showed himself to be a capable, if insubordinate, Rider.

FRAME Details: Falco uses a Stryker type FRAME named after its soul, Alexander, armed with dual energy katanas and a light missile system, his machine is light enough to allow the high speed thrusters to maneuver it within striking distance of its target.

SOUL Details: Alexander is the perfect balance for Falco, calm and collected he will look at a situation and make a choice, whether it is one Falco agrees with or not. Although not as given to insubordination as his Rider, Alexander has had to take control of the FRAME several times to stop Falco from killing them both. Although he seldom comes out of his FRAME when he does he appears as a middle age professor with long white hair.

@CalamariHero[/URL] @Kirito Kei @Aggiewon @Kel Vas

Something I forgot to add:

FRAMEs have a limited bio-feedback system. Damage taken by the FRAME is felt by the rider at a base rate or 10-25%. You will get sharp pains and such from wounds, the worst being complete limb numbness when the corresponding FRAME limb is detached.

@Aggiewon

About your CS:

It all looks good, and is accepted. If you wish to improve it, more details and perhaps a bit of compartmentalization might be nice. For Example...

FRAME Details:

• Name:
  • Type:
  • Looks:
  • Systems: (2-3 weapons/auxiliary systems and 1 signature system)
  • Other Details:

But that's just me, and only if you want to work on it. Like I said, it looks good and is accepted.

[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]Not necessarily humanoid, but a vaguely humanoid shape. Otherwise you couldn't really control them (You don't have six legs, or four arms, etc.)
So a Mecha

[/QUOTE]
Hmm, attaching onto this question. Are (mostly) immobile Mecha's allowed? (And if so, may they be more stationary looking, or perhaps mobile via tracks like a tank) For instance, if the pilot is disabled in some way, or have to use artificial limbs to connect more directly?

Rather, let's reword that.. Now I am just confusing myself.

Serris_zpsfdc1ugdl.jpg
Is it possible for there to be a Bulwark Mecha like above to exist? A Frame designed more for stationary support so the rider could focus on keeping allied Mecha's in the fight? (Whether it be increasing shield outputs, recovering hacked systems, as well perhaps retain battlefield awareness through scanners?)

Perfectly fine if that is absurd, as it was merely one of the random thoughts that passed through my head.

[QUOTE="Kel Vas]Is it possible for there to be a Bulwark Mecha like above to exist? A Frame designed more for stationary support so the rider could focus on keeping allied Mecha's in the fight? (Whether it be increasing shield outputs, recovering hacked systems, as well perhaps retain battlefield awareness through scanners?)

[/QUOTE]
Mostly stationary? No, FRAMEs are designed to be mobile, even if they are slow. However, using a majority of your systems as support systems rather than weapons is fine. And the systems could be designed to work better with more energy (which could be siphoned from the engines). They only stipulation is that they must be able to move at a decent clip (pace) during non-combat scenarios.

Does that all make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back