• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

"If you say so." The pen glows gradually from red to white hot and Typhon flips his visor back down. He gently taps the wound with it, burning it shut, and finishing by rubbing it with an alcohol pad.

"And I suppose you won't need a bandage as well?"

"Do I get a cute bandaid with little hearts on it or something, cause if not, then no, I don't need a bandage." Yolandi makes one last ditch effort to lighten the moment a bit. "I suppose I should go do my civic duty and cast a vote for the sake of democracy right?"

"Only if you really would like to. Considering the makeup of our crew, I advise perhaps abstaining would be the wise thing to do here because if you ask me, hardly any of these people are fit to lead us in this quadrant, let alone against any of the big powers. And since you were my first patient..."

He pulls out a lolipop from behind him, waving it in Yolandi's face.

Yolandi's eyes light up, then immediately gets skeptical, "This is a trick isn't it, it probably tastes like those medicated cough drops or something, right?"

"No. It's an actual candy. I bought bags of these when I was tasked with inoculating a pirate captain's twenty-something children."

"Twenty something children, holy shit, were they busy or what." Yolandi takes the candy and before she moves to unwrap it, a thought hits her and she opts to pocket it inside, "I think I might save this for a rainy day actually. Thanks, Doc, if you need anything from me, feel free to ask... within reason." Yolandi gets up and rolls the upper half of the space suit then ties the sleeves around her waist then goes and collects the damaged vest she has and puts it back on before heading out the door.

"Take care of yourself now." he says, waving her off. Once she left, it was time for his real job to start. Off to cold storage he went, surgical tools in hand, and locking it's doors behind him. The bodies Karina and he moved were still here without any sign of further tampering, thank god. The body that was most intact and unblemished was stripped naked and laid in anatomical position on the central table as he told Karina earlier he wanted to save it for something very special. As for the others, they lay in body bags stacked up against the wall. He set the intact corpse aside and placed a random body bag onto the slab. These were the less salvageable ones, but he'd have to make do. He couldn't use any of them, but they can definitely serve him another way. A way far more profitable than whatever the Reavers could ever want to pay him.

One by one, he sliced open the bodies, found the most intact organs, and placed them into tiny cooler bags one of the BIOHAZARD containers had inside. This one had a liver. That one had a pair of lungs. This one against the wall contained a pile of eyes, and the one he just set down contained a brain. Anything he couldn't use, he cut into pieces and tossed it into a red bag with the intention of throwing it into some furnace or garbage disposal later. All these cold fragments of unfortunate men would fetch a handsome price for certain.

Only thing left to do is to find a buyer for these.

Last edited:
Renate shrugged and re-entered the Mordred without concerning herself with the election of the first officer. Despite Lauren's insistence that the Reavers were all brothers and sisters, no one had even bothered to introduce themselves to her or Vixaya since they had joined the operation, and so she had no reason to form any loyalties. It didn't bother her much, being anonymous. Since awakening that day on Seloveha, she had been forced to contend with an amnesia that consumed her entire life to that point, the product of repeated brainwashing at the hands of her captors. Now, without any family or friends to call upon, independence was the only option for the upyri cyborg until she met her little kanad friend.

She opened the door to their quarters to find Vixaya lying on the floor staring dully at the ceiling. "[Mission successful,]" she stated in kanad on a dry tongue, equivalent to welcoming back Renate after her deployment. "Any goodness?" she then asked in trade language. Renate simply smiled in response as she fished one of the few items out that she had looted from the cargo ship. It was a sealed tin of good quality fish blood jelly, a staple for kanad offworlders. Vixaya bolted upright and bared her teeth in a manner others would find threatening, but Renate knew better; Vixaya was simply famished and the mush inside the can was hard to find outside of the eastern quadrants. The girl simply couldn't hide her appetite.

As soon as Renate handed the can off, the kanad set upon it with a pocket knife, effortlessly opening the lid without bothering with the normal pull tab before digging into the food, scooping it with the side of the pocket knife's blade and carefully licking it off the blunt side with her long black tongue. Renate looked on in amusement until Vixaya had finished scooping, before tearing the lid the rest of the way off the can and licking the interior clean as well before finally setting the can aside. It had taken only a minute or two for her to consume the entire container, and when she was finished, she slipped away again into her trance as she laid back on the floor. Renate picked up the can to dispose of it later, but stayed to talk a bit longer.

"I heard them say there was a mech on that ship. We brought it back with us."

"[Mech, brought back?]" Vixaya confirmed.

Renate nodded. "It's one of those upyri ones that they bought from the kanads."

"Kanad-make. Bad one. Weak. Needs improvements."

Renate nodded again, trying to show her friend that she fully understood. Vixaya didn't want to climb back behind the controls of another death machine, but it was all she knew how to do in order to make a living. If Vixaya was going to be lured back into an OBKK, she would have to be well-equipped, as she often had nightmares of dying with her hands wrapped around the sticks, as several of her old friends had done. "[We'll do it. You want to see?]"

Vixaya thought about it for a moment before giving a nod herself. The two of them departed in search of the machine that was recovered.

After sorting through his visceral inventory, Typhon ponders something for a brief moment. He told Yolandi she shouldn’t vote because he thinks no one’s eligible to lead. And he thinks himself correct for the most part. But an idea pops into his head. None may be leadership material, but the others don’t see it that way. In fact, all those good-natured amateurs are probably voting for that 50s superhero mascot. So why not stick it to them in his own special way? Yeah, he was gonna vote for a real scumbag he knew they’d probably hate. He replaces his bloody gloves with fresh new ones, pulls out a prescription paper on it, and writes something down as clear as he could on it.

He announces his presence immediately to Albert as he marches up to his face. “Prescription for a Mr. Kowalski. For your eyes only.” He stuffs his vote for Petar into one of his shirt pockets before powerwalking back to the medbay just as suddenly as he appeared.

Albert already had a bad first impression of Typhon, and this wasn't helped further by him casually strolling up into his personal space and putting a slip of prescription paper into his shirt pocket. Albert experienced a mixture of confusion, fear, and anger when the doctor came and left and Albert only replied behind Typhon's back when he was well out of the area. "I don't need a prescription you putz." Albert muttered under his breath angrily as he took the paper and crumpled it in his fist and threw it away. He then walked over to Vincent, fuming under his breath and ready to voice his grievances.

"Can you believe the nerve of that doctor? He gave me a prescription like I'm some sort of geriatric! Like... sure I might be a bit out of shape, but I'm not THAT old... am I?" he asked Vincent.

"Don't let him get to ya." Vincent replied to Albert, holding back a laugh over the outburst. Typhon was an asshole, sure, but hardly worth the high blood pressure. Vincent picket up the piece of paper that Albert threw. Surprisingly well written and clear for a doctor. "Looks like our good doctor has made his decision regarding who he wants. He's going with the merc for some reason."

Albert took a look at the paper, realizing that it was a vote. He read over the name and looked to Vincent. "Didn't you say he was a snake or something?" he asked.

"I did." Vincent replied as he pocketed the paper "But I figure the rest of the crew knows well enough not to vote for him."

"Hm... I suppose." Albert replied as he finished his cigarette and stepped on it to put it out. "Have you decided or are you still unsure who to vote for?"

"Tell ya the truth. I'm abstaining." Vincent shrugged "None really stand out to me as to who deserves it more and should be doing it. Might as well just leave it in the rest of the crew to decide. Doesn't matter to me who gets picket as long as they do their job."

Vincent handed over the paper to Zadra.
"Not mine, it's the doctor's."

Last edited:
Yolandi enters the area, looking around at the others then walking over to wherever the paper and pen is, she stands there for a moment, really putting some thought into who she wants. Vance may be a bit gung ho, but he did slow down the recklessness in the cargo bay, so he does have some sense of discretion. He also had integrity of character, definitely an honest person she could trust with something sensitive. The red-head with the laser rifle was another one, she was a bit cold, but she had drilled in discipline and a sense of how a chain of command is, so she would likely make a good NCO for corralling the less disciplined sorts among them. She was also a damn good shot, so that counts for something too. She considered the other crew members carefully, no one was truly perfect, but some were far less trustworthy than others and really she wanted someone she felt wouldn't just throw them under the bus if it meant a bigger cut of the take. She settles her mind on her choice and scrawls it down on the chit of paper before folding it in half and handing it to Zadra.

With that, she heads down to the cargo bay of the Mordred and wakes up Zou, "Hey, bud, we landed. Let's go head over to the machine shop and try to get you fixed up, yeah?" Zou comes out of standby and nods at her, following her down the cargo bay ramp to the machine shop area. She notices a giant cargo crate and Lauren standing near it presumably taking stock of what the contents were. She hesitates a moment then keeps going with Zou over to the shop for repairs on him. She figures the machinists and metal fab workers there could whip up spare parts if she gave them the specs she needed the parts at. She does wonder where that other battle suit was, the one they got from the freighter. She's never really been in the market for other suits, Zou was the only one she needed really. She'd like to see what the other suit was like and see what Zou would be working alongside with. She thinks a moment, wasn't it that red-head that spoke over radio saying she was trained for suit piloting? She'll go have a chat with her later, first she's gotta get Zou back up to 100%.

Nara decided that she wanted to talk to someone. Now who did she had a good impression with? Maybe she can just flip a coin, wait! Vance. Nara headed towards Vance's location, waving towards him to get to know him better. "Hey Vance. I heard you went on a mission with Grommy and others. Woah, you look danged up." Nara inspected.

Meanwhile Grommy just did the same thing. Maybe he could talk to those two girls who arrived at the bar late. Maybe he could just wander around in some mech storage area and just see what happens.

Last edited:
Albert only shrugged in response as he took out another cigar and relaxed by leaning on a large crate. "Hope you're right about the crew padre." he said quietly.

---

Vance had idled around somewhat, taking off his tattered spacesuit to inspect the damage that was dealt to it. The chest area suffered the most, as did the helmet, and both would require lots of elbow grease to get anywhere remotely patched up. Maybe someone on the ship could help me patch it up. he wondered to himself. When Nara walked up, he turned to her in his green jumpsuit and chuckled. "My suit is more banged up than I am ma'am. No need to worry 'bout me!" he said with a smile as he turned his attention quickly to the spacesuit once more. "Though, I'll probably get chewed out back home if I don't try to get this fixed at least a little."

"Oh no I'm not worried. I'd be worried if you weren't here, that kind of implies you ended up dead in space or missing." She chuckled. Then she furrowed an eyebrow, scratching her chin. "Where are you from Vance? You seem really confident for a Human. I know me and Grommy are mysterious ourselves but you seem different from the rest."

"Ah, well I'm from the great state of Missouri!" Vance explained with a grin. "Beautiful country, lots of farmers like my ma and pop. Hopefully when I get back I get to stop by and let 'em know I'm alright. They must be awful worried 'bout me.... more so than anyone else back home. I'm sure she'll be makin' a welcome home feast for me and anyone else who comes along with me. Her corn bread is divine!"

"Missouri, Missouri." She repeated in an attempt to stretch her memory within Sol history. But a state like Missouri, probably not sadly.

"In that case, tell me about your ma and pop. Back at Home, my mom was one of the tribal chiefs there. Then my Human Uncle came along and started to develop the place til we had bakeries, roads, buildings. I don't think I ever met my dad. Mom said he died defending the place from the wildlife." She gave a frown. Nara quickly laughed it off, "Farming huh? My mom told me my species were great at agriculture."

"Well, my ma and pop are both fifth generation farmers. It's in the family, I s'pose." he said proudly. "Corn and wheat are what we grow on the family farm. About 1500 acres of land for us to use. It always provided for us, even when times were tough. My grandpa always bragged about having the best corn in the state! He never did let that first place at the county fair go."

"That's pretty sweet. I heard Earth is a pretty good place to live on. Not gonna lie, I'd like to see it someday." She raised her head up, staring at the sky. "What can you tell me about it, from a Human perspective. I know some topics like the World Wars and the Great Depression but I'd like to know more about Human life." She fiddled her hand.

Once the votes were cast Nathalie and Daniel went over to the gym. Like before Daniel opted to exercise while still in his armor due to the added weight and resistance.

While he got busy with that Nathalie took control over one of the treadmills. Running helped her clear her mind.

"Oh, well, the Depression I don't remember much about the worst parts of it. Too young, though we got through it. But the Second World War? Well, my pops fought in that, not me. I was only 11 when it broke out... Pearl Harbor. I remember the President speaking about it on the radio. 'A day which will live in infamy' was an understatement to me and many others." he said with a solemn tone. "Even though I was young, I wanted to fight them for attacking us. Them and their Nazi bastard allies. I would never get the chance, but my pops fought in Africa and Europe."

He sighed as he continued examining for more damage on his suit, flipping it over and about. "What I did get my chance was to fight the Reds over at Korea."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back