• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star wars- Republic Remnant IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
As things seemed to be settling down. Shit hit the fan. As blaster fire came in. Vertigo instinctively dove under cover as bolts landed around him. Peeking over the crate. Vertigo saw droids attacking the compound. "Really? Come on!" bracing his weapon Vertigo leveled on a B2. As he began a steady barrage on it. Vertigo's HUD began screaming at him. dropping back on his ass as a blade landed inches from where his was. Vertigo held the trigger in a panic. The Commando that attempted to remove his head received a liberal dose of Blaster fire. As the Commando droid fell. Vertigo started to breath again. He didn't realize he was holding it. Sadly, he wasn't out of the woods yet. Picking himself up off the ground, The Commando droid leapt over the crates. As the droid closed in. Vertigo brought up his weapon to block the swings from the Commando was unleashing. Losing group. Vertigo couldn't bring his weapon to bare in the close confines of the crates. so all he could do was block and fallback. stumbling out of the crates, Vertigo eyed his AT-RT. He needed to get to it. As the droid came down with a downward swing with its blade. Vertigo blocked it and redirected to blow. that left the droid open. Grabbing the droid, Vertigo twisted around and threw it. Not even waiting. Vertigo rushed to his walker. Jumping on it. Vertigo started the walker and flipped the safety form his weapons. As the Z-6 spun up. Vertigo turned the walker on the Commando droid so intent on killing him and unleashed a torrent of blaster fire. The Commando Droid almost disintegrated under the barrage. Backing the walker up. Vertigo turned towards the nearest B2 and proceeded to unleash its fury upon the droid as he made his way towards the center of the compound.

Scrapper heard Eucils's voice, and looked over. Blaster fire was raining all over her, and then he saw his General, Warat Distombe, getting gunned down by his squad, then back to Eucil.
"GET DOWN, NOW!" He loudly barked as he charged her, and tackled her, but turned to where he landed on his back, with enough momentum to slide behind a barricade right in front of the camp's entrance.
"ARE YOU TRYING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED?!" He exclaimed in a fit of panic and fear of losing another jedi on his watch. He took a couple of deep breaths, and calmly spoke to her.
"I... don't know where they came from, probably abandoned after the war." He gets up and returns blaster fire, and then lowers back into cover.
"I'm sorry about the yelling... I just... I just did not want you getting hurt...." Scrapper said as he looked at Eucil's face, which he could tell had confusion. Beckspace Beckspace

Jedi Outpost

The Naval Marines at this point had fallen back into cover, Captain Odile very much a passenger in this ground combat whilst Sergeant Adonis was barking orders to the Marines, laying down concentrated fire towards the Droids’ positions.

The Droids meanwhile were encountering far heavier resistance than they had originally expected. Admittedly whilst several of the Jedi appeared to be at least pinned back, deflecting shots as opposed to going on the defensive, they were beginning to take casualties, primarily from the Clone manning AT-RT Light Walker. They had been expecting infantry only, both the Commando’s blasters and the B2’s heavy blasters were not able to do enough damage to the walker to disable it. Unfortunately these B2s were lacking the rocket modules on more advanced models. The droids had halted their advance however some 100 metres from the Jedi. They were now bunkering down behind cover as the Walker’s heavy weaponry was brought to bear. One of the Commandos activated its comm link to the rest of the squad.

“Maintain cover, suppressing fire on the Vehicle Support,”

2 of the B2s and 4 Commandos switched targets from the Jedi and Marines, bringing their weapons to bear against Vertigo and his Walker. Whilst they may not have heavy enough weaponry to permanently disable it, they began taking shots at the leg hydraulics, as well Vertigo himself. Several shots whistled by Vertigo, missing by mere inches, several shots hit the legs however, warning lights would be coming up on the Walker’s control display. Whilst they hadn’t damaged anything too permanently, if their barrage continued their was a real chance that they would be able to do some damage. The remaining Droids continued their ranged assault on the Outpost and the Jedi and Military personnel.

Kirin Shahara

Kirin snapped into action as a dangerous looking canister landed in the mud near her feet with a soft plunk. Even if Kirin didn't recognize it precisely, it's purpose became obvious when it began venting thick, obscuring smoke. Fortunately, Kirin was standing near the water's edge, so it was a simple matter for her to dash over to the smoke grenade and kick it into the swamp with the heel of her boot before the smoke reached much higher than her knees. In the same motion Kirin drew her lightsaber, a thrumming beam of bright, blue light surrounded by four ancillary beams that formed a sort of hilt sprang up from the metal hilt in her hand.

Kirin batted away the first couple of blaster bolts aimed at her but opted to duck behind a nearby tree after that, the incoming fire being more accurate than she expected it to be. Kirin's tree was only going to shield her for a few seconds at best, but it afforded her enough time to take stock of the situation and giggle nervously as her heart hammered in her chest and her stomach twisted. She'd have to fight again, the knowledge wqs somehow both energizing and exhausting, a bit like running on stimulants long after the body had ran through its reserves of sleep and food. Even after running all the way to this spleen rotting pit of mud and rot and what would be waiting for her there except for that sickening familiar feeling and more fucking battle droids? It was almost funny.

With her lightsaber Kirin sliced a deep wedge into the trunk of the tree so that it would fall backwards into the water, hopefully providing a platform for the other jedi to evacuate the submerged remains of their ship. Judging from the creepy, glowing eyes Kirin could pick out and the surprisingly accurate blaster fire she was dealing with commando droids instead of regular B1s and they had already began an encirclement, Kirin wanted her only backup to not be stuck in the middle of the water. Her cover now sacrificed, Kirin energized her body with the force and made a powerful leap up into the treetops, landing on a high up branch and immediately kicking off it to make another leap that transitioned into a spinning overhead slash at the droid trying to flank her on the left. Standing one's ground and repelling blaster fire was more a form 3 sort of strategy, Eriden had always taught Kirin to rely on her superior mobility to break out of a bad position and outmaneuver her enemies instead so that was what she aimed for, it would be easier to handle the droids from outside their encirclement and Kirin needed to draw their attention away from the jedi in the swamp, who had a lot less cover to work with for the time being. Besides that Kirin found that the exhaustion tended to fade into the background when she was in motion, when all she needed to think about was the next move, the next attack.

Nivi Nivi
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

A lot of focus had to go into deflecting shot after shot, though there was still enough spatial awareness to realize his situation as it went on. Eucil had come out at the worst possible time, only for scrapper to tackle her into cover again...he and shin were doing what they could...and then a whole new factor was introduced. A heavy weapon's firing drew his attention for a split second, letting him take notice of a light walker taking position in an advance position against the droids, a clone on top. No time to consider where he came from or why he was here...if it wasn't shooting at them right now, he'd take it as a good sign. Although the walker hardly classified as a 'heavy' vehicle, it was still sturdy enough to be a threat and draw fire off of them, which is exactly what they needed. Slowly, step after step, he began to advance on the droids, already formulating a mental strategy on how to proceed. The commando's likely were the head of the assault, if they can remove almost all of them, if not all, they would likely fall back.

Giving a few barking roars to communicate out, he kept his focus on the incoming fire. "Shin, move into position to cover the new arrivals off the frigate, limit losses! I'll advance while their focused on the walker, we may not get another chance like this. If we don't move, this is going to draw out, and droids don't get exhausted!". There was no point in speaking to scrapper, his attention seemed to have fallen solely to protecting the padawan over laying down further fire...and while another blaster would've been appreciated, the clone likely had some sort of reason for his actions...he'd just have to explain them later. With what looked like half, if not more, of the droids focused on the walker, it was becoming increasingly easy to advance to them...just had to close the gap to at least five feet.

Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Thawne Thawne RayPurchase RayPurchase

Eucil was shocked by the sudden tackle to the ground.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” Eucil blurted out on impulse. She didn’t see it coming, and she should have. Master Yoda always told her she needed to focus. Maybe Scrapper just saved her life, not like she’d tell him that. She was a Jedi after all.

“I can take care of myself, RC 1125,” She said coldly, using his formal name to create distance. She calmed down her breathing and focused on what was happening around her. Her first thought was where the hell did everyone come from, but pushed that question aside for later. It seemed the droids’ main target at the moment was a walker and whoever was controlling it. Some were still firing towards her and Scrapper. She tried to think of what her master would proceed in a situation like this. Eucil was never one for commanding others, or working with others at all really.

“Ok. There seems to be about 5 droids still firing on us and the humans that came out of that ship. You get out there and distract the droids while I get them from behind. Got it?”

Eucil and her master had done this plan once, Eucil being the distraction. It didn’t go fully according to plan, but hey, they survived. That makes it a good plan.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Thawne Thawne RayPurchase RayPurchase

Last edited:
"I saved your life, dammit! The least you could do is not walk out into the crossfire! I am not interested in watching a child die in the heat of war!" Scrapper exclaimed as he looked down the scope of his weapon, and managed to take off the right arm of one of the SBDs, and immediately went to finish the job, by shooting off the face plate, and then the optical sensor that was once protected by the face plate. "You may be able to take care of yourself, but just wait until you get captured. What will you do then? Just do not get killed... I do not want another death over my head that could have been prevented." He asked as he then reloaded, and then took another shot at a Commando Droid. Once he felt comfortable enough, he switched back to blaster mode, and then ran up to the group of droids, returning fire as he realized what he had just said. He seemed pretty cold to the young jedi, but right now, his emotions did not matter, but her safety, and everyone else. "This is just like the war all over again... same situation, just different faces. Damn it all! Why can't things just go peacefully for once?!" He thought as a few marines covered as he slowed down his pace, and continued to fire at the assailants. Beckspace Beckspace

With the smoke grenade now disarmed and out of use, that threw a kink into the droids plans. Another smoke grenade was pointless now that their targets were aware and moving, and one had broken from the encirclement. "Keep your eyes open for the jedi-". Heightened sensors warned it of the upcoming threat...and it was kirins unfortunate luck that she had chosen to try to attack the captain droid. In a swift and smooth motion, it had shifted it's blaster to one hand, pulling a large vibro-sword from it's back to block the lightsaber, the jedi's weapon rebounding harmlessly. Holstering it's blaster, it stared her down with those unblinking glowing eyes. "Target found...converge on my position.". As the commando lacked an internal comm system...that chilling sentence was left hanging in the air.

Well, kirin had done what she wanted, and drawn all attention to her...whether this was her smartest idea remained to be seen. With quick and brutal motions, the droid began to make swings at the young padawan, the blade always flying towards non vital sections of her anatomy, such as her arms and legs. If the other two droids should on her, she'd be surrounded and outnumbered...and as a padawan, the chances of facing down three elite droids probably didn't look promising. Every second that would tick by meant that the other two droids were silently converging on her position, and there was really no telling when they'd arrive.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Last edited:
Kirin Shahara

Did... did droids always have swords? Kirin wondered, as her lightsaber met sudden, unexpected resistance in the form of a buzzing blade that numbed her arms and forced the blade of her saber back up into the air as she landed and found her footing. That small opening might have ended the fight if the droid wasn't seemingly more interested in disabling her than killing her, Kirin was able to keep her more maneuverable arms and legs out of harms way and even counter attack, unleashing a series of over handed slashes more intended to give her time to think and probe her opponent. The droid responded quickly and with the strength and precision of the well designed machine that it was, but its patterns were fairly predictable, if it had been a one on one fight Kirin was reasonably sure she could figure out a way to beat it eventually.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a one on one fight, as Kirin warded away another calculated slash at her hands she strained her senses and was able to pick out the splashing and metallic click clack of the other two droids advancing through the swamp to converge on the position she shared with her opponent. Underneath her absurd, makeshift helmet Kirin gritted her teeth. If she ran now she'd have all three droids firing onto her from behind, but if she stayed the other two droids would blast her while she was still engaging the captain.

What would Eriden do? Kirin wondered and her adrenaline charged mind dug up a memory and replayed the familiar scene in a split second flash.

"OOF" A slightly younger gasped as she fell to the ground, skidding to a halt in a puddle of mud that matched the bootprint in her chest.

"That was awful," said a middle aged, powerfully built man standing over her, dismissing the glowing blade of green energy he was wielding as he watched the young padawan struggle to her feet. "What in the blazes is the temple teaching younglings these days? Why did you hesitate?"

Kirin winced as she stood up, feeling a tenderness in her abdomen that probably indicated bruising. "I wasn't sure what to do, I don't know how to counter that kind of attack," she lied. Kirin hadn't really been sure how meeting her new master, the man who had saved her years ago was going to go. What she definitely hadn't been expecting was to be sparring with him first thing after exchanging greetings, with an audience of off duty clones attempting to hide their amusement with mixed success.

"Really?" said Eriden dryly. "Because from the way your weight shifted it looked to me like you knew exactly what to do, although admittedly a knee to the groin would be considered a somewhat unorthodox counter measure, that doesn't necessarily mean it would be ineffective. But you lost your resolve part way through,"

Kirin flushed, the knee had been the kind of move she would have used as a child... fighting in the pits, she had been trying to curb that kind of response all through her training, but whenever she was pressed or threatened her old instincts flared back up. "The last time I tried that move my instructor made me dust the archives for a week. She said I was too aggressive and undisciplined when I fight, that it wasn't becoming of a jedi. I thought it would make a bad impression on you so I tried to block instead at the last second,"

Eriden sighed and ran a hand through his thinning, sandy hair. "Well your instructor is partially right. You certainly are undisciplined," Kirin lowered her head. "But although aggression can be dangerous for jedis it is also a tool they sometimes need to utilize,"

"I need to utilize my aggression?" Kirin asked, somewhat cautiously, this line of thinking sounded somewhat like the kind of traps her instructors liked to set for her.

"Consider this," Eriden said. "If your enemy has violent intentions and you only defend yourself than he has many options open to him. He may devise a way past your defenses, he may change his target to a more vulnerable ally or innocent bystander, he may turn his attention to his overarching goals which could be even more destructive. Because your enemy is controlling the flow of the battle, he has a great capacity to inflict harm. However if you attack your opponent he will be forced to defend himself instead of doing any of that. By sealing away his aggression with your own, the danger to you and others is reduced, even the danger to your opponent is lessened if you can force him to surrender. You can only impose your ideals on a fight if you control its flow and aggression is the means through which you do that,"

"I think I get it," said Kirin, her brow furrowed. "I don't really get what it has to do with kneeing people in the groin though,"

Eriden smiled thinly. "Straightforward aggression alone is only sufficient to end a fight against an opponent you outclass. Against someone skilled it will only temporarily seize the initiative, eventually they will adjust to your pace and counter attack. So while they are temporarily on the back foot you need to either end the fight or else keep them off balance. You achieve this by doing something... unexpected,"

Kirin brightened. "Like kneeing them in the groin!"

Back in the present, Kirin's expression hardened as she launched a series of rapid, overhand slashes at the droid captain, forcing it to block them on after the other.

Step one: Use aggression to seize the initiative

Just as the droid would be likely to to adapt to this attack pattern and counter it Kirin deactivated her lightsaber mid swing, passing through the defending vibrosword before reactivating it to bite into the droid's shoulder and cut across its body.

Step two: Do something unexpected to keep them off balance!

With the other two droids rapidly closing in Kirin had no choice but to retreat at that point, making use of the force to enhance her agility she leaped away to a nearby tree and then kicked off it to propel herself even further away. The other jedi would have to take their chances alone, Kirin had done as much as she had been able to. Kirin ran for the landing point of the ship she had spotted earlier at full sprint, hopefully there was someone there who could help her, or at the very least she could put some distance between herself and the droids on the way.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Finally watching the B2 buckle under the intense fire of his Walker. Vertigo panned the main gun across the courtyard. the idea was to try and get as many heads down as possible. but it didn't seem to be working. As the walker began yelling at him under the intense fire it was sustaining. Vertigo was kicked back as a sharp pain shot across his chest. tumbling backwards off the walker. Vertigo hit the ground hard. Stunned and in a serious amount of pain. the slight smell of burnt plastoid and flesh entered his nostrils. which confirmed his suspicion. He got hit.
the armor seemed to have taken most of the blast though, seeing as he seems to still be somewhat aware of his immediate surroundings. Rolling onto his stomach, Vertigo made a quick crawl to the nearest cover. which was occupied at the moment. But right now Vertigo didn't care as he got up and rolled over the cover. landing on his ass hard.

Shin Zavalla - Jedi Camp, Drongar
Interactions: RayPurchase RayPurchase ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Beckspace Beckspace

Shin deflected one more blaster bolt and was brought back in his mind to the Jedi Temple. The sound of blasterfire and screams echoing through its many halls, the countless bodies of Jedi, the Temple's security force, and the traitorous clones. When he snapped back to reality, a missile fired from one of the B2s landed in close proximity to him, sending him flying backwards. He landed hard on his back, still holding himself back out of fear. He was afraid that the new Emperor's assassin would find them, or worse more clones. But, if he didn't apply himself more, then he and his fellow Jedi would perish here on this desolate rock. For all he knew, this group was all that was left. He had to do something. He shook the dirt off himself as he stood up, igniting his twin emerald lightsabers once again as he connected the two hilts in order to form his double-bladed saber. He saw a small group of droids marching towards one of the others, and leapt into action. His blade spun continuously deflected blaster shots aimed at him. He front-flipped, aiding the distance gained with aid from the Force, and landed behind two commando droids and B2. With one swing, the heads of the BX droids came off while the bigger B2 turned around, leveling its wrist blaster at him. It began firing a rapid stream of laser blasts that Shin deflected as he pushed towards it. With a swift stroke, he separated its blaster arm then stabbed the second blade through its center, dragging it up to bisect the droid. He then Force Pushed the the wreckage towards the commando droid captain.

Outpost

The Droid Commando in charge of the operation was distinguishable by the yellow paldron on it’s right shoulder. Its vision was filled with a stream of information, active units, enemy positions and ammunition counts. Right now the figures made for dire readings. The scout force had already taken far too many casualties, but they had a good estimate now of the numbers they were dealing with, and that Walker had been taken down.

“Priority instruction to all units, fall back in regimented order, disengage, disengage,”

The throaty electronic voice echoed out, and as if a flip was switched the droids began falling back. The commander looked up as Shin emerged, clearly intent on taking the droid down, with a wordless command one of the surviving B2 droids charged Shin, clattering into him as the commandos began dropping smoke grenades, thick smoke rolling out across the side of the outpost, and the droids began slipping away, their blaster fire slowing until there was only silence and wispy streams of smoke. The droids Eucil was attacking would similarly take the chance to slip into the rolling plumes of smoke.

Unfortunately for Yis Yis, he found himself right in the way of the droid's retreat and out of he smoke emerged a Commando droid mere metres in front of him, its combat knife drawn it charged into Yis, attempting to simply overpower the Gungan and slit his throat.

Outpost- Lofurra

So many things happening, yet it all seemed to go in slow motion in the heat of battle. The walker's operator had been shot down and had gone into cover, Shin had jumped into action...and now the droids were disengaging. Deflecting the last of the blaster fire, he looked around at the sights around him before taking notice of the B2 charging the young knight. A single B2 wasn't going to be much of a threat to shin, at best it was being used as a scape goat to slow him down so the others could escape. Just how it was with droids...use the fodder so the more expensive and hardier models can withdraw. He weighed his options before finally deciding it'd be best to attend to the wounded, he felt certain Shin could handle a single droid, especially when the model was meant for firing instead of hand to hand.

The amber blade retracted into the hilt as he stowed it away, dashing over to the position of the others who had taken cover. "Headcount, what's the losses!? I wish we had more time to handle it, but there's a lot to do...there's a venerator in orbit, and I fear things can only get worse...". He took a moment to look over the navy forces and who was wounded before realizing even if there was time..he couldn't do much, he wasn't a consular. Raising his voice to a louder octave, he looked over to where scrapper had been. "Scrapper!! There's a small communication building nearby, it's easily visible, I need you to go in and kill the signal it's using for now! But before that...please inform eucil to get back here, I still need you to translate that!". So much to do, and he didn't know how much time he had to work with. The marines and their captain were either wounded or some of them dead, there was a ship in orbit with enough firepower and men to overwhelm them, and besides their position they had no defences. While they could set up automated defences or engage some of the bases, that either drew power from what he was maintaining, or worked on a limited lifespan...they had to handle so much.

Forests of Drongar, closing on the outpost- Commando party

Despite being literally cleaved in half by a lightsaber, the captain was still fully functional, albeit being hauled about by the two other commando's. They had been chasing the padawan for quite a while now, though they seemed to slow at one point as it became apparent that something was wrong. Sensors were showing that the scouting force had pulled out and they had far more members than this capture force. They were too close to the scouting target, they had to withdraw. Giving the order over the comm system the three droids shared, the duo hauling their captain broke off from their chase, disengaging to parts unknown...though as it was likely hard for the padawan to tell whether she was chased or not at this point, the chances she charged straight forward to the outpost still was quite good.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Thawne Thawne Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers RayPurchase RayPurchase

Unmarked Location- Drongar Jungles

Time hold's little meaning when one is firing volleys of death towards a target, though the droids were already designed to mark and keep note of everything, including time. It was becoming apparent that neither side would be gaining ground, the heavy fire from the droids likely having been enough to force the spec op flame troops to seek cover as well. After another minute or so, the straw that broke the bantha's back came through. Chatter indicated that the scouting force towards the enemy outpost had been pushed back, and with that information, the harassing droid captain in the jungle had to come to the realization that they had to swap from targeting the enemy, to covering retreat.

"Scouting force pushed back, return to base. Rendezvous with survivors and escort. Begin disengagement routine twenty three beta.". As soon as the order came in over the droid comms, the fire seemed to slow, until finally the blaster fire ceased, and the grenades stopped raining from the sky. In total, the kills the droids had managed were somewhere between none and one, give or take one...and the kills on the droids were somewhere between none and one, minus one. In all, a mostly fruitless endeavor that likely served no purpose but to inflict wounds and wariness on the enemy and it's morale...but any victory was a victory against republic forces.

High5ives High5ives

Kirin Shahara
"Dammit," Kirin muttered to herself, stopping in her tracks to regulate her heavy, frantic breathing. It seemed like she had lost the droids at some point, although it was difficult to be sure. Not only did her rather crude helmet muffle her hearing somewhat (and painfully cramp her long, pointed ears!) the visor was, it transpired, vulnerable to begin fogged up by her breath and her long, force assisted run had left it almost totally opaque.

"Gah,can't see a damn thin-mmngrhg!" Kirin growled as she collided with a low hanging branch, the impact setting her head ringing. The young padawan clutched her head and then forced herself to calm down with a series of long, meditative breathes. She couldn't take the helmet off unless she was all of a sudden open to the idea of contracting spleen rot, so she'd just have to peer through her self inflicted fog as much as possible and rely on force sensing for the rest. That would be fine right? Kirin wasn't the greatest, most super sensitive padawan in the galaxy or anything, as Eriden enjoyed reminding her, but she was an actual jedi wasn't she? She could handle finding her way with the force for a while!

The next ten minutes of walking was slow and painful. Trees definitely had a force signature and most jedi could probably pick them out, but Kirin seemed to be colliding with every branch that could possibly be low enough for her small stature to actually hit. Maybe the force was doing it on purpose Kirin wondered, with a touch of distinctly unjedilike bitterness. There was definitely something though, a confluence of energy up ahead that felt familiar, there were jedi here, Kirin was reasonably sure, at one point it seemed like they had been fighting but things seemed to have calmed down since so it must have been a brief skirmish.

"Helllloooooo?" Kirin called as she closed in, anxious to find somewhere she could finally take off her absurd helmet. "I followed the signal? Is anyone-GAH!" Kirin interupted herself as she smacked into yet another tree branch.

When the droids pulled back. Vertigo pulled himself up. the wound he suffered was only minor. his armour did its job and shrugged off most of the hit. even still, blaster bolts will wound just from the heat transference alone. the only armour hes seen that could take a hit and be fine was worn by his Corps Commander, and She said it was made of some metal called Beskar. now if only he could get a set of that. Moving over to his walker, which seemed to have fallen over when he got shot off. Vertigo began examining the damage. He also decided to retrieve his blaster. it felt wrong when he didn't have the weapon on his body. As he inspected the legs. Vertigo thought he heard a voice. Unslinging his Blaster rifle. He moved in the direction of the voice. at first he didn't see anything. but his HUD was saying there was movement ahead. edging closer to the edge of the shield. Vertigo saw movement behind a tree. quickly moving up to the tree. Vertigo rounded it weapons raised. On the other side he somewhat expected to rind another Droid. He honestly wasn't expecting a young girl. "Clankers Balls!" Quickly removing his blaster from the girls face. Vertigo had to take deep breath, which cause some pain from the wound. but he needed to calm down. he nearly blew a kids brains out. settling his blaster into a comfortable position. turning his head around and set the builtin speaker to full. "Hey big furry thing! I think we got another live one here!" Vertigo knew what a Wookie was. but was having issues with what they were called since he never actually met one. turning back to what he was presuming to be another jedi. "didn't take your helmet off out there right?"
AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Last edited:
Shin Zavalla - Jedi Encampment, Drongar
Interactions: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles RayPurchase RayPurchase Commissar Darman Commissar Darman AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Beckspace Beckspace

Shin turned towards the B2 rapidly approaching his position. If it had merely sprayed him with laser fire as it advanced at a slower pace, it may have stood a better chance against a focused Jedi with two lightsabers and the knowledge to use them. With ease he separated his saberstaff back into two separate hilts. He slashed one horizontally at its midpoint, separating its lower half from its top half. In a similarly swift motion, he brought the other blade up in a flash of green to bisect the droid vertically now. He deignited his sabers and held them clutched in his fists as he watched the metallic droid fall to the ground in four separate pieces. He exhaled a breath he didn't even realize he was holding in, looking towards the rest of their group. It appeared that they were all uninjured, and in fact it looked like they had gained a new member to their group in another clone. While Shin still did not trust the Commando that they had picked up, he was willing to lay down his life for one of the younger Jedi there. There may be a sliver of hope that he could trust this new one, but he would most assuredly keep an eye on them both. He slogged over to the group, nodding to Lofurra to communicate there were no more droids where he was fighting.

Kirin Shahara
"No I'm sort of attached to my spleen so I kept it on," Kirin said, thankful for once that her bulky helmet concealed her expression. She could still barely see through her fogged up visor but even if she couldn't recognize a clone from the familiar silhouette of their armor the voice was instantly familiar to her. Kirin wasn't really sure what she had been expecting when she followed the messge to Drongar, but it definitely wasn't droids and now a clone speaking to her as though nothing was wrong, it was like she had never left the war behind all of a sudden. It was an eerie feeling. and Kirin would have considered turning around if she had anywhere else to go. But her starfighter was destroyed and she wasn't even sure her improvised helmet would be safe to use for much longer, so it was the clone and whoever they were working with or nothing.

Still, Kirin kept her lightsaber hilt concealed in her hand and tucked up her sleeve. Just because this was her only option didn't mean she was going to let her guard down. "This is the place right? Where that signal was coming from? What happens now?"

Commissar Darman Commissar Darman

Odile Duvalis

Odile emerged from behind the laser scored crate he had been hiding behind. Surveying the scene of devastation, destroyed droids, damaged buildings and landscape. He eyes came to a halt by one of the crates near him, his stance hardening. The black boots of a marine lay jutting out from behind the crate, the only part of him visible. They were still and unmoving, his lip twitched at the sight. Sergeant Adonis appeared at Odile’s left shoulder, a laser burn across his left shoulder, but it didn’t seem to trouble him. He cleared his throat.

“2 men dead sir, and 4 wounded, all light though, shouldn’t be much more than a day or two till they’re back to full health,”

Odile nodded silently. Still staring at the lifeless form before him. Finally after swallowing several times and tearing his gaze from the corpse he gave a curt nod, his voice low.

“Have their names recorded in the logs. Add them to the list of those we’ve lost so far, I want that record preserved,”

With a muttered confirmation of his orders Adonis snapped a salute and marched off, yelling orders to the surviving marines, setting up a perimeter around the base. Odile holstered his blaster, fumbling for a few seconds before steadying it with his other hand and stowing it away. He slumped against a crate, supporting his weight against it, and removed his cap. He ran a hand through his now completely grey hair, staring up at the sky for a few moments, his eyes unfocused. He remained unlike this until he forced himself to turn his gaze on the Jedi surrounding him, looking at each one individually, staring down each one, his eyes flicking over them, taking in each of their appearances, and almost staring into their very souls.

“This had better have been worth it,”

He stated simply, seemingly to no one in particular.

He took in the sight of the current state of the marines...two gone, a few wounded. It could have been so much worse, but loss of life was still loss of life. Scrapper seemed to have gone off to kill the broadcast, which meant that no one would likely be coming here again for some time...be that for better or worse. Looking over as the clone who had manned the walker called over to him, he roared back in response. "That doesn't speak volumes on what a 'live one' is, I'll have you know!". Looking to shin, he made a waving motion to the group of marines. "Please show the wounded to the medical center while I investigate this."

Starting over towards the clone, he considered the situation. There were still active droids on the planet, somehow...and there was something over here that'd caught the attention of the clone. If he was quick, he could escort it inside provided it was friendly, before the spores set in. The unique base location presented a small window of opportunity to leave the shield, but only for a short time. Walking out of the shield and taking a limited breath, he looked over to the clone, and then towards a young woman who stood a good two feet below him. The robes however, gave her away as a likely jedi. "I assume you've come after the message?...Inside, both of you for now, it's not safe here.". Again, he made a motion towards the energy dome, waiting for them to move.

Thawne Thawne RayPurchase RayPurchase AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Commissar Darman Commissar Darman

Kirin Shahara
Kirin relaxed a little when the wookie introduced himself to the scene. It wasn't exactly that he was a wookie Kirin found comforting, more just that anyone who wasn't a clone was automatically sort of reassuring and once he got close enough that she could make out his robes through her fogged up visor she relaxed further. By now the prospect of entering the energy dome and finally taking off her helmet was too enticing to put off any longer so Kirin joined the wookie inside and immediately removed her boxy headgear. The young padawan sighed in relief and then immediately winced and raised a hand to massage her long, pointed ears, which had developed comical, 45 degree angle kinks about halfway up from being cramped inside her helmet.

Once her most pressing need was dealt with Kirin was suddenly more aware of the fact that the wookie she was speaking to was...well, a wookie. Kirin could make herself understood or piece together meaning in a couple of languages besides basic but Shyriiwook was sure as heck not one of them and his height was certianly imposing up close.

"I'm ahh, Kirin Shahara, a padawan," Kirin said cautiously, taking a step backwards so that she could actually make eye contact with her daunting conversation partner and glancing at the clone in case he was going to volunteer to translate. "I followed the message here?" she said haltingly, then when the wookie's body language hinted at understanding she continued. "I was hoping to meet back up with my master, we got separated and uh... I though maybe he would come here," Now inside the dome Kirin scanned the area, noting a few other jedis and a smattering of clones and navy personnel, a couple wounded or dead. Eriden wasn't here though. Kirin stared for a few seconds at a limp, armor clad corpse being carried away and felt a familiar tiredness wash over her. "Did droids do this?" Kirin asked Lofurra, gesturing at the carnage. "I was attacked by commando droids on the way here,"

Then again it might have been clones Kirin thought, glancing again at the clone who had found her first. Kirin wondered about how to broach that particular topic. Was there a polite way to ask if someone might snap and shoot you in the back? Maybe it wasn't even a case of snapping, maybe they were just sick of dying in their thousands on the say so of jedis. Kirin wondered what she would actually say to a clone that wanted to kill her, if she even had an argument as to why she should still be alive.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Commissar Darman Commissar Darman

"Broadcast? What broadcast?" Vertigo was about to press the young jedi further before the Wookie showed up. Keeping the Wookie in peripherals. Vertigo scanned beyond the perimeter. While he had no idea what the Large creature was saying. the gesturing was quite easy to understand though. watching the young jedi as she made her way into the shield. he had a small chuckle at her dispense. turning back to the forest, Vertigo made one more scan. He couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. which actually made him more nervous. He never like the silence. no distant booming or a battlefield or even the hum of a Starship engines. its just too peaceful. Vertigo has never felt that. taking a deep breathe. Vertigo turning back to the shield, but stopped. His foot just hit something. It was a sheathed Captain Vibroblade. Picking up the weapon, Vertigo studied it for a second before attaching it to hip hip besides the lightsaber.

Entering the shielded area. Vertigo removed his Helmet. Normally taking your helmet off in a potential combat zone was frowned upon. But he has had the damn thing on for three days. Feeling the air touch his face was refreshing. As his hand ran through his greasy hair. Vertigo realized he was in dire need of a shower. Standing beside the Padawan, Vertigo instinctively took up a bodyguard stance, weapon loosely in the ready position. Scanning for anything that could be a threat to the three of them standing there. He didn't realized he was even doing it until the Padawan asked about the attack. "yea, blasted clankers snuck in while everyone was distracted. nearly got me a few times." Vertigo glanced over at the marines carrying their dead onto the ship as he fished out a Ration bar. "Wish I could say the same for them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back