• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Cold War

Talyn_Banner_zps7mi9i0bz.jpg

Talyn heard Kali speak. The notion of going off course of her vision had left her uneasy. Still though... she knew her visions were far from perfect. Precognition only told you so much about the future, and it didn't necessarily always lead to completely good things. She would need a lot more training to get such a thing mastered. As well as she could use it 'feel' around her what was going to happen moments before it happened, it was far from being as potent as it could be. With further training she would likely be able to refine it much further.

She heard the mentioning of her venturing out. She seemed hesitant. "Yeah yeah... I'll head right out in one moment." She spoke taking in a deep breath to steady herself. She was a bit frusterated at her ownself. Focus... come on Talyn... stop being such a wuss... settle down... She shook her head working on focusing herself. She disliked how shaken the feeling was of that man. Only lingerings of the word Kano remained in her mind as she pushed it aside.

She ventured up hearing as Kali's name was mentioned, venturing past her walking out casually using her staff to held guide her movements. Her head was kept turned up, not snapping to the man's position at all. Her grey orbs were exposed as she stood still. She lifted her hand up, almost as if she read what he was thinking.
"No... not Kali, Talyn. I'm the brains of the operation." She spoke out haphazardly, speaking with a little sarcasm in her tone as she played around a bit with it.

@DarlingWaylonPark @nebulachan @mechanimated

Vati grinned, holding her hands up in a placating sort of gesture. She looked rather pleased, surprisingly enough.

"Ohoho, look who grew teeth, eh? So much for Jedi self-control. I guess now we know who the Sith kicked the living shit out of, don't we? Prototype yadda yadda...mm, that all sounds like rather sensitive information, doesn't it? This is what happens when you don't get a lot of practice being angry." Her tone grew suddenly flat, the laughter vanishing from her face. "It controls you."

Almost instantaneously, the cheeky smile was back. As though nothing had happened, Vati stepped around Zeres, evaluating the new arrival. She frowned, baffled, as the young girl tapped around with her staff like a ninny. Was this some kind of weak joke? A ruse...? No...Vati sensed that she seemed...genuinely helpless. Pity and contempt warred inside her. Perhaps the little fool simply hadn't had a good teacher, though if that were true, these Jedi were even more cruel and self-absorbed than she had thought.

"Talyn, eh? Well, hopefully you've got more than two brain cells to rub together. I think your friend is a little unhinged," she said in a loud, theatrical whisper.

Spinning the wrench, Vati slipped it through a loop on her belt and let it hang at her side like a sword. There had been another name mentioned. Kali. Talyn, Fenn, Zeres...was that all of them? Was it about time to leave yet?

"Wherever you're going, you don't expect me to believe that little thing has the life support to get a full five people there. The Monarch is ten times her size or more and can only carry twelve. Besides, I've been hired on to transport. My job is to the finish - loose ends are for sloppy idiots and bad businessmen. Now, you," Vati said with a jab at Talyn, "and I are going to have a talk about that ridiculous stick of yours. First, though, is everyone here? Can we pack it in and get on our way?"

@nebulachan @Hanarei

Last edited by a moderator:

d1de35ef5c37cbfe3166bb9e62f0543c.jpg

KALIRA "KALI" TORWYN

Kali stepped off the ship last, staying behind Tayln then moving next to her, greeted by the snarky Vati. Kali wasn't sure what to make of this woman, but she did know that she seemed quite...overbearing. She quirked an eyebrow, "You have a colorful way of speaking, don't you? It's kind of entertaining." She smirked and crossed her arms over her chest, then looked to Tayln, "I never claimed to be the brains of the operation, Tayln, believe me."

She listened to Vati's words, then lightly nudged Zeres' arm, "I hate to admit it, but she has a point. It would be beneficial for us to stay on this ship, and also safety in numbers. Don't worry, we'll still get to Jakku." She looked to Vati now, "You take us to Jakku, and we'll be out of your hair, and we both get what we want. Alright?" She said in a serious tone, staring with hard eyes at Vati.

Tagged:

@Hanarei @nebulachan @mechanimated

"Oh!"

If Vati had eyes, they might have widened in surprise. Instead she laughed, half gleeful, half pitying.

"You've a little baby Jedi with you! Well, this is turning out just grand, innit? I'll have to bust out the champagne."

It was so easy for idealistic youth to be drawn into the machinations of the council. Vati could just hear the spiel now. 'You're too important, you must help maintain the balance of the force, be a true hero, you could be the difference that helps the Light to victory, so many lives on the line, but it's your choice, oh yes, don't let our attempts to pile crushing guilt onto you - fully matured six year old child - bias you at all...'. Fie on the lot of them. Vati would have felt bad for Kali, if she didn't know that any slur against her masters would probably have the girl defending them to her last breath. Well, there was no accounting for taste, and nuance was often lost on the young.

"I'm afraid it isn't so easy as that, Kali m'dear. I've got a contract, and it's over your heads. What I'm signed on for is between me, Dural, and-"

Vati broke off, her head snapping to the open cargo bay door.

"We can exchange more pleasantries later. I'm going to take us up and out of orbit. We've wasted too much time here already - god know how many mercenary datapads are lighting up with ludicrous sums of credits as we speak. Come into the ship, if you like, but don't touch anything. There's a lounge space one floor up, to the fore. You can take your ease there."

With that, Vati went to the far rear of the cargo bay and ascended a narrow ladder, disappearing through a hatch. Several minutes later, she was seated in the pilot's chair, inputting commands. First, wind up the cargo hooks and seal the hatch. Then, send the Monarch soaring in a graceful arc away from the site of the battle. She didn't want to be anywhere within sight of it when she took the ship up. After fifteen minutes or so of steady flight, Vati reached over and flicked a comm switch. It was rather stiff with disuse. The on-board intercom crackled.

"Brace yourselves. Thirty seconds, or find yourself with a concussion."

Counting off, Vati glanced at the gleaming screen before her. She would go straight up, like a shot. The quicker they got through the atmosphere, the less chance of some spy droid picking them up. Plus...Vati was going to attempt something she wasn't even sure was in her power, so the faster she did it the better. The Sith that had been on the assault ship was powerful. Vati's neck prickled at the thought. He could be watching the planet from a distance. With multiple Jedi on her ship, and being a force user herself, anyone with enough power would be drawn to the Monarch like a beacon. So...perhaps she could buy them a little time. It would no doubt exhaust her to the core, perhaps even kill her, but what was life without chances? The consummate gambler, Vati thought it would be worth it if it kept the Sith from realizing they had left the planet for just a little while longer.

Mustering all her strength, Vati slammed the controls back, sending the ship into a steep and rapid climb. Simultaneously, she did the equivalent of closing her eyes for a miraluka - cutting off all force sensation from the outside world. Instead, she channeled her strength into subsuming the force energies emanating from those on the ship. Willing the Force to hide her, hide all of them.

[dice]18726[/dice]

Successful Concealment

Whether the enemy remained... no one could know. But Vati's powerful use of the force made it entirely unimportant. Even Dural was unable to feel their presence on Tython.

It suddenly occured to Naka that if she didn't get moving she would be stuck on tython, which was less then desirable. She saw republic troops and jedi at the perimeter and swore again and started to run, enhancing her speed with the force. Reaching the treeline she swung into the trees with her movement art and sped through the treetops like they were solid ground. She needed a ship, fast. Then, one caught her eye, it was just taking off, but its cargo hooks were still attached. Perfect. Not stopping to think she grabbed on and swung, using the hook to swing herself into the ships landing gear as it closed. As she rolled into a maintenance vent, se smiled happily. Stowaway successful. Now all she needed to do was wait until the finally arrived somewhere more, habitable.

Suul felt a gasp escape her lungs. The power had never done That before. It left her feeling strange...it was more than a bit of embarrassment she realized she was blushing. She unthinkingly scraped a hand on her helmet visor in an futile effort to feel her own face. She hadn't thought she could feel like that any more. That she'd left that weakness behind after three weeks of Nakkor's sick efforts.

Part of her wondered briefly if the power was truly benign.

But of course it was.

Beyond her initial discomfort, Suul reviewed the moment that had just burst into her mind. Like she'd opened a com-link and been filled with radio chatter. She'd felt small things before, but what had just happened....It was as though she was someplace else. It had simply been a picture in her mind, though-right?

Or was that real?

It couldn't be. But a sensation within said otherwise. A needle, burning in her head. Directing her steps.

She began to walk, then run. It was a wild zigzag across the junk-strewn region, along stone walks and just as easily over what once may have been fields. Gorza's estate was in a backwater sort of place, and the main bulk of near shaada was some distance. But that wasn't where she wanted to go.

Wild desires playing through her mind beckoned her elsewhere. She found herself standing panting at a station of sorts. Black metal and crude mortal formed a platform, adorned with a line of wires running off into the fog. She'd previously used one to arrive-an automated supply line. Cargo crates on repulsor sleds slid back and forth as commands of automated droid deliveries moved about the region. Lacking the luxury of private transportation, she could simply jump on the device when one next passed through. The strange part was this one wouldn't take her back to her shed.

But what was left there, anyway?

A pointless bedroll and a heating element, objects she didn't need. Her favorite tools where in a pack on the back of her belt, and her weapons and credits where stored on her person as well. No, That was not her way. There was nothing in that direction now-this was the day. She would see the crime-smothered moon vanish behind her soon, or die trying.

After an hour, A warning light flashed and a small panel lit up in basic.

<NO DELIVERY. DO NOT APPROACH TRACK.>

Suul looked into the polluted mist. A shape was coming. She rose, and climbed the side tower of instruments and generators. The lines hummed as her ride came.

A single reckless leap slammed her to the top of one of the sealed crates mounted aboard the sleds. A fast grip saw her safely atop the silent transport, and the station vanished.

She didn't know where she was going, but it seemed best. Something wanted her this way.

She lay back and reflected on the ruined mess that was her life. Endlessly falling short of power-seemingly damned to serve one master or another. But each time, she got faster. Gorza had simply forced her hand. She would grow even stronger this time. She would rule herself, and him too-after all, what might the sith empire offer to know the location of the Hutt who presumed to extort them? The image was sweet. She would enjoy that. Maybe she'd be allowed to feed him his own collar. And blow his head apart with it!

Behind the durasteel and visor, dark thoughts of delicious revenge flickered. Oh yes, she would have to live to see that.

Several stations flashed by, and the sleds stopped only once to allow a droid to unload a case before continuing on. It didn't care that she sat up in the gloom.

At last, several hours later, the sled train arrived at something larger. An outlying pocket of civilization. A small forrest of metal towers and dim lights shining in the falling night. Ragged banners denoted a particular den of pirate and smuggler activity-a rouge spaceport. Suul rose and bounded off the train on stiff limbs. Some of Nar shadaa tried to pretend civilization. But this was it's true nature-ruthless and all about profit. At least it was honest about itself here. She liked it more, in a way.

The girl in durasteel walked into the maw of the spaceport, amid the sounds of a thousand species arguing and yelling; past endless rows of ships docked, or crashed.

There where countless possibilities her; but with only a metal blade and her meager possessions, she would need to get creative. And the feelings from before still haunted her. This was where she needed to be, but where exactly in this place would she need to go now?

Mark cursed as the transmission came to a close. Well that didn't sound very good did it? I should just avoid them for a while. What the hell do they mean there were no signs of troopers on the ground? Idiots can't even keep track of their own ships. The bounty hunter sighed and ran a hand through his hair, wondering what his next action should be. He walked into the cockpit and flopped down into the pilot's seat. "Ah. Welcome back sir. I can't help but notice you're empty handed." It was Mark's droid 2V-R8. The droid helped maintain the ship and was the closest thing Mark had to a friend, weirdly enough.

"Yeah. I noticed that too 2V. Thanks for pointing it out. We're going to follow that ship over th- Where'd it go?" Mark's eyes bugged out some when he noticed the ship that had Kali in it was now gone. The only other ship was a much larger one. Surely they didn't have time to leave already. They must be in that ship. As Mark thought this he noticed the ship began rising. He cursed under his breath and brought his own ship to life. "Kali is on that ship 2V. I can't let her get away again." "Oh yes, that would be awful. It's not like she escapes you every single time or anything." Mark fumed, sending a glare in the droid's direction. "I have never not finished a contract. Nothing is changing today."

The cyborg began following the ship that was climbing out of the atmosphere. He had initially planned to just follow it but a sudden though occurred to him. I could get on the ship and say that I'm having some technical difficulties. Then I just have to find Kali and grab her before leaving once we land. What could possibly go wrong? 2V, you're flying. Follow that ship. Whatever you do, do not let it get away. Mark walked back into the main area of his ship to the holocommunicator. The cyborg pressed a few buttons and sent a transmission to the ship. I hope this works. Only plan I have right now. "This is a message to whoever is flying that cargo ship. I'm having some maintenance issues and would appreciate docking on your ship while I fix them. I can offer you five thousand credits if you agree." The bounty hunter couldn't help but smile. He had already offered five thousand credits to two people today and not had to pay either. Things were going well.

@mechanimated

Zeres watched as Vati headed away, and the moment the thing was out of earshot, Zeres sprinted over to the nearest empty storage canister and kicked it as hard as he could, sending it skidding across the ground with a somewhat loud clanging noise. He was breathing heavily, but took in the deepest breath possible, and brought himself back to some kind of zen. He knew he should just leave. He had a hyperdrive. He could take Kali and Talyn and run away from the hell hole and that idiot pilot, and go back to his happy place. The harsh deserts and deadly creatures are all that Zeres needed to bring himself back into a sense of peace. But this feeling inside of him; one of pure anger and hatred, was hard to ignore. So hard, in fact, he decided he would meditate before making a decision on whether or not to take out the Acklay and leave this dumpster in the dust. Maybe he'd poke at the hyperdrive too, just to speed up the journey. First things being first, Zeres needed to meditate. Something needed to be done about this inclination to the Dark Side. Zeres turned to Kali and smiled at her. "I'm going to go an begin a Morichro. If you'd like to join me, feel free. If not, I'll be in the Black Acklay." Without waiting for her to reply, he trotted into his ship, and leapt through the porthole and into the cockpit.

Zeres took a seated, cross-legged stance, and placed both hands in front of his chest, palms together. He took in a deep breath, and with it he visualized himself sucking all of reality in through his lips, leaving him in a gentle white space. With his exhale, reality exited, and he imaged himself seated in the same position on his home planet. In the distance, he could hear the calls of carcass-cleaning creatures, and the winds carried sands dunes across the land, creating both what he though was a pleasant scent, and a gentle sound. As he meditated, though, he began to ponder on the Force, and both the Light and the Dark side. Where did he fall, as a Force user? Well, he was trained to be a Jedi. The meaning of being a Jedi was to be a warrior of the Force whom followed the Light Side. But, didn't every Jedi having feelings? Who was the model for a perfect Jedi?

Zeres began contemplating this question. Master Ipsim was Zeres' model of Jedi, and he was far from the ideal. Constantly butting heads with his superiors, constantly being rejected for the Council, and yet, he continued to do what they asked of him. To train a strange, Force Sensitive youth found on Jakku. Zeres remembered a particular quote Ipsim had given him, and it took him a moment to put it into exact words. And then, he remembered.

He was still young. A Padawan, aged fifteen. Incredible at using the Force for offensive purposes, but lacking in wisdom. Lacking in a certain search for knowledge and love for peace. Ipsim, however, was a young man. He was in his older twenties, and still a Jedi Knight, and on the path to becoming a Master. Ipsim had been denied his title for the fifth time. It was then Zeres asked him a simple question:

"Why do you even bother? We can leave the Jedi, and become peace-keepers of our own! We don't need them!"

Ipsim only chuckled.

"It's the Masters that sit and mediate in the Council Room on Coruscant and speak only words of knowledge that get remembered in history Zeres. It is us, however, who fight tooth and nail for ever bit of peace on the ground that are the true Jedi. To leave would to be to give in. I would lose a piece of me, and in the end, I'd be no better than the people who go around and slaughter in the name of the Sith."

Was this his answer? Zeres wasn't sure, but after spending this time in thought, he felt better. That anger inside of him had become a bit more... Satiated, and he no longer was lusting for blood. Master Ipsim still came through in the end, even two years after his death.

@DarlingWaylonPark

Master Fenn couldn't believe his ears, the shock in his eyes rather clear and left uncertain of how to respond. He never came across someone for hire who accepted the job.... Any job without all the details. Especially a job where lives could be at stake including their own. It was quite new to him. Feeling himself coming to a conclusion on different fronts of related topic and the one of note, Ki Fenn gave a nod and chuckled. " Well..... It's unusual but nothing, Hmm well it's good to know where we stand." He replied starting to walk over and looked around the ship. Returning a silence to him as did, returning his mind to thought as the clang and following converse and meeting came about and ensued. The more he thought about Tython and this slender for of the Sith..... The more it came to prove Ilum was no longer an option and though this was likely known to all involved in the situation and knowing of where the original plan intended, it left options open and even more difficult, yet it was still quite possible Zeres, Talyn and Kalira have worked out a new location.

He motioned for the upper level of the ship and began walking toward the next level, keeping himself in thought and intending to place himself within a meditative state unless he was needed for something. Eying the inner workings of the monarch as he passed Master Fenn walked up and toward the lounge. He entered the room casually and found a place for him rest and fold his legs into a cross in the process of entering a meditative state.

Vati shuddered as the ship rocketed through the atmosphere, away from the planet. With an unsteady hand, she clawed the mask from her face to expose a bare patch of skin where eyes would normally be. Vati had broken out in a cold sweat, skin glistening with a clammy sheen, and goosebumps ran down her back. It was a while before the pilot felt capable of rising from her chair. Force concealment was meant to be used by an individual to hide themselves from other force users. Only themselves. Vati suddenly dry-heaved, clutching the armrests of her seat as she struggled to compose herself. It was like being in the grips of a violent flu, hot and cold all at once. To have used the ability on such a scale, hiding multiple strong force users...the miraluka felt light-headed, her head ringing. She was experiencing some kind of force equivalent to a migraine. The force-sight and sense she used to navigate was vibrating and doubling as though her head was a struck bell. After a few minutes, the woman wiped the perspiration from her brow and replaced the eye mask.

It had worked, she thought with grim pride. Vati could tell. She had successfully hidden the ship from anyone, Sith or otherwise, that might have been using the Force to track them. Now, as long as no one on the planet had seen the ship ascend (which, as Vati had flown quite a ways out from civilization, they shouldn't have) this little gang of do-gooders should have a decent head start getting wherever they needed to go. Perf-

"KSSHHH-a message to whoever is flying that cargo ship. I'm having some maintenance issues and would appreciate docking on your ship while I fix them. I can offer you five thousand credits if you agree."

Well, fuck.

Vati grunted in disgust. She would have been compelled to smash something if she was in any condition to do so. Reaching over, Vati flicked open the inter-ship comm channel with a shaking hand.

"Follow us for another ten klicks and I'll pull you in. If your shitbucket can't manage that, crash land back on Tython and figure it out yourself."

Hopefully he'd take the latter option. And die. Fucking godforsaken idiots can't take care of their own-

Vati frowned thoughtfully. No. No, no, no, this was all wrong. A ship, in the exact patch of middle-of-nowhere that Vati flew out to, seeking mechanical aide right as they flee Tython with a bunch of fugitive Jedi? Suspicious didn't even begin to cover it. She was astounded she hadn't thought of it the second the other ship opened the hailing frequency. The mass Force Concealment had really rattled her brain. Her pale white hand hovered above the cannon array controls. Take him out now? The ship was much smaller than the Monarch, likely not expecting an immediate assault in response to a distress communique. Ten, twenty seconds...

No. No, the explosion might be seen from the surface. Better wait. Maybe even interrogate him. If the ship followed them out to the distance Vati had specified, it would be cleaner no matter which option she chose. Besides, if she brought him on board and killed him then, she'd have an extra ship to sell.

Sighing heavily, Vati stood. She supposed she should tell the Jedi about their tail. She didn't much like having to inform anyone about anything, but she had been hired to do a job. Might as well keep them up to date about things that could pose a threat. Vati clambered back down to the cargo bay, the wrench at her hip pinging against the metal ladder. She jumped down the last few rungs out of habit and stumbled. Her knees were still a bit weak from the incredible exertion she had undergone.

Vati approached the Black Ackley's open door, leaning against the hull momentarily to catch her breath.

"Hey! We...hoo, boy...-ah..hah...we're going to have company in a bit. Small ship, some kind of fighter vessel. Followed us from Tython, requesting aide."

@Lurker @nebulachan @DarlingWaylonPark @Hanarei (I think that's everyone still in the area of the Black Ackley?)

Nar Shaddaa

latest

Disgruntled voices rang through the polluted air of this backwater spaceport, creating a chorus of indistinguishable language. A smorgasbord of humanoid species roamed the bustling streets, weaving amongst stalls and pedestrians as their conversations carried on.

To her left, Suul could see a variety of docked vessels of different sizes. Great freighters and star ships, shadowed smaller shuttles and fighters. One vessel in particular stood out from the rest, as its Lutrellian captain bellowed massively into the crowd. Clearly seeking his missing crew members. His voice was muddled and blurred amongst the rest, but it wasn't long before he wandered disgruntled through the street toward what appeared to be some form of cantina.

Two slim Twi'lek females stood outside, advertising the pleasures within. A moment later, two inebriated humans passed Suul. They had exited the cantina and were loudly discussing their night of debauchery.

"Ha! I can't handle my drink? Who was it throwing up an entire bottle of Carellian Red?!"

The other responded with a slurred tone...

"Pfft! Best we left that place when we did. If the captain seen us he'd have us hauling the rest of those weapons crates. The hell if I'm rushing to a....."

His voice trailed off as the men disappeared round a corner.

Talyn simply shrugged contently listening to the voice of Kali as she played more nonchalant. This new person seemed... a bit annoying to say the least. Vati rubbed off on her in the wrong way though she kept quiet, electing to take a backseat despite making her playful jab at her new companions earlier. In a way, Vati reminded her of one of the rival gang leaders Bawss. His words might not be as cold or devious, but his manorism was far to similiar to her liking. She shrugged off her own sour tastes as he left them be.

Her head shifted a bit as the word Sith was muttered by Zeres. She was still getting use to the aspect of both sides. Being stuck on what was essentially a hunk of junk planet (at least she considered it a planet, she heard it argued it was a dwarf planet, having a bunch of debris around and spinning in pace with its sister planet which was left completely inhabitable lacking any sort of atmosphere at all though giving her 'home' what it needed to make a normally barren world into one that was barely livable on) she had been oblivious to such conflict. Very few ships could ever make it to the planet she was on, never mind even know it existed. All she knew was the Jedi were good and the Sith were evil. The man she sensed on the planet had only further pushed that aspect.

She looked over to Zeres, nodding slightly. As Zeres vanished, she looked at Kali. "So... what is the ma... whatever it was anyways?" She questioned after having tried to shrug it off as she had know what it was when it was mentioned by Zeres. She wasn't all that aware of all the strange Jedi terms. They seemed to make so much stuff needlessly complicated for no good reason at all.

Talyn turned her head to the side facing one ear towards a part of the hull, the girl seeming to catch onto something a little over a second before suddenly the noise of Vati could reach anyone's ears. She nodded a little despite the fact there was no way for it to be seen.

KALIRA "KALI" TORWYN

Kali's eyes went to Zeres as he kicked something down, and she had to admit seeing him act like that both concerned her and...she dismissed that second though right away, putting concern first. She was about to respond to his words when he left, and she sighed. She then looked to Tayln, taking her hand, "Let's go inside the Black Ackley and I'll tell you." She led Tayln into the small ship and into the common area on board, sitting Tayln down but remaining standing. "He's meditating, essentially, no doubt trying to cool off from that Vati's harsh comments. I must admit, I'll need to do the same myself if she keeps pushing me."

She smiled to miss Tayln, "I'm going to go check up on him, I'll be right back." She went to Zeres' location on the ship and saw him in deep meditation, and she smiled sadly to him. She sat beside him and looked into his face. Images of a long ago time back on Coruscant flooded her memories, and indeed she had seen this face before but it looked younger. This was the face of a man now, and a brave and handsome man at that.

She waited until he opened his eyes, hopefully her presence would be enough to let him know she was there beside him. She heard Vati's voice, but paid it no mind right now. That thing can wait.

Tagged:

@Hanarei @nebulachan @mechanimated

Zeres felt a presence approaching him. Judging by the fact he wasn't immediately upset by the presence, he was able to narrow down the culprits. It wasn't Vati, because his hair wasn't standing on end. It wasn't Talyn, because he didn't feel like training immediately. It wasn't Master Fenn, because Zeres didn't feel like remaining in meditation anymore. It was Kalira, he decided, and with a single breath in, he sucked up all of Jakku, and with an exhale, he reentered the world of the living and was staring out the cockpit of the Acklay. Kalira was beside him, as he could see from the corner of his eyes. Zeres let out a sigh, and ran some fingers through his hair. "Look, Kalira..." He paused slightly before finishing his thought. "I'm sorry you had to see me, well, freak out a bit there." He rubbed the back of his head. "I kinda got all Dark-sided up there for a bit, from a mixture of things including that mental attack on the battlefield." Zeres stood, and made his way into the cramped compartment behind the cockpit. He returned with some... Questionable liquids for a Jedi. Things he kept just in case things got a bit heavy on the road, or he was having trouble falling asleep. He popped the cap off a bottle of very powerful smelling alcohol, and took a swig.

Thoughts of training came back to him as he drank, since it was something that bad little Jedi like him got into as young Padawans. He always recalled Kalira as being the kind of Jedi to stick to the rules so perfectly, whereas Zeres saw himself in a similar light to Ipsim Celsis; a man unafraid to do what was necessary to get to the right end. Perhaps that's where he disagreed with the Jedi? A means to an end was the Jedi way, but Zeres found himself siding more with the end over the means. He stared out of the cockpit and let out a long, drawn out sigh, took one more swig of alcohol, and pushed it for Kalira. And then he spoke.
"I think I'm going to leave the Order, Kalira." A frown had formed on his face, but was quickly replaced with a grin, as he broke out into a chuckle. "Wow, it sounds even stupider when I say it out loud!" He drank more, and once again offered it to Kalira. "I'm never going to be on the Light Side of the Force, Kalira. I'm always going to be straddling the line between Light and Dark, right and wrong. Perhaps... I don't know. Perhaps it'd be better for me to just quit with some honor than to be kicked out in the end."

@DarlingWaylonPark

KALIRA "KALI" TORWYN

Kali rose when Zeres did, "Zeres..." She allowed him to speak more, her eyebrows raising a bit when he said he was thinking of leaving the order. She wasn't angry about it, but she was very concerned. It made her think of six years ago, when she fell to her own anger, and killed a dozen Sith troopers in order to steal one of their ships and run off to another planet. She was hesitant to bring up that story to anyone, but Zeres...she felt he should know, now that she knew he was suffering with his own inner struggle, just like her.

She looked at the alcohol offered to her, then shook her head, "No, thank you. Listen, Zeres, there's something I should tell you...I did something, the day Coruscant was sacked..." She looked down sadly, took a deep breath, and confided in him, "My Master Cole and I got separated, and...I was so angry when he was taken from me, that I..." She looked away as her eyes suddenly began to fill with tears, and she turned away, trying to keep her voice even despite its shakiness. "...I became so angry, that I killed many Sith Troopers, stole one of their smaller ships and fled the planet. And the thing is, Zeres...I enjoyed killing them. In that moment, I wanted to see them suffer, because I hated them so much."

She turned to him now, "And because of what I've done, I discovered that they sent a bounty hunter after me to capture me and bring me in. Dead or alive, I'm not sure, but I saw that bounty hunter on Tython, I had to alter my image to look like my Master just to get past him and to the Enclave." She sighed sadly, "I've been hiding these past six years, trying to find Master Cole Ragnos but with no such luck. Also, my family is still on Coruscant. I want to rescue them, somehow, but...if the Sith saw me there, they will surely capture me. I'm a wanted criminal...so no, Zeres, I too do not live in the Light, like you I teeter on the edge between Light and Dark, because I still hold some of the hatred and anger in my heart from six years ago..."

She looked at the alcohol in his hand, and took it from him, "I think I'm ready to have this now." She said in a broken whisper, taking a sip of it as tears sprang from her eyes. She gave it back to him and turned away, crying silently, feeling so ashamed but so relieved to finally tell someone her story. She was even more glad that it was Zeres.

Tagged:

@nebulachan

Vati cleared her throat, a wry grin tugging at her lips. Ah, the drama of children.

"It's quite rude to ignore someone speaking to you, you know. How very un-Jedi-like of you, tsk. But then...it's rather un-Jedi-like to fall victim to petulant fits of anger, too, isn't it?"

Suddenly, Vati lurched upright, all sense of humor falling away from her face. Wrapped up in themselves, so god damn typical. But what could one expect from the young? Every little wrench at their heartstrings no doubt seemed like the biggest thing to happen since the beginning of the universe. Ugh. To trust such inexperienced youths to their own devices, it was practically cruel. Though, it was true Master Fenn was upstairs. He seemed not to be too invested in wrangling his wayward trainees, however.

"If I were you, I'd take a break from your blossoming teenage love affair and consider the situation a little more seriously. I tell you we've been followed from the surface, when no one should have seen us leave. I concealed this entire ship from any force users, and we still have a tail. Which means this person was marking you since before we left. Do you have more than a couple of brain cells to rub together, oh prodigious one, or do you expend all your mental power on breathing and thinking about boys? I know I'm near double your age, but surely you can put two and two together."

There was little but contempt in Vati's voice. She had assumed far too much, expected too much. Why would she ever think Jedi, even ones in training, might think of anyone but themselves?

"Do you understand that your own precious Jedi masters risked their lives to get you on this ship, to hide you from the Sith? A bounty hunter is after you, and you don't think that someone coming after my ship warrants your precious attention? Ugh. A goddamn disgrace. Ruled by emotion, incapable of separating your dislike from your sense of duty, just look at you! I'd have to say Zeres has the right idea - you're not cut out to be Jedi. You're barely cut out to be adults. I don't need you to like me - your ego, your refusal to reign in your feelings...what use could I have for your affection when it swings like a pendulum in the lightest breeze? But I imagined you might at least be willing to put aside such superficiality when considering your own lives - and the life of the Jedi master that is also on this vessel, because of you, to guard your worthless skins. Fucking sickening. Never goddamn mind. I'll deal with the tail myself, and you two can sit and canoodle in the corner for the rest of the flight for all I care."

Infants. Infants they were, immature little idiots...It was bad enough when one couldn't take a jab or a cutting remark (not that she expected them to be able to take a joke - Jedi were notorious for how far they managed to shove sticks up their asses), but to let stupid playground bitterness carry over into business and work was inexcusable. Vati would dump these morons on Jakku, or wherever, as soon as she could. Let them get themselves killed however they wanted.

Vati strode over to the cargo bay control panel, opening the rear of the ship. The shimmering blue shield that kept the atmosphere from escaping hummed softly. Opening the comm, Vati hailed the supposedly 'crippled' vessel following the Monarch.

"You can land in the bay. Come in slowly, there's another ship parked here."

@Lurker @nebulachan @DarlingWaylonPark

Zeres pat Kali on the shoulders, listening intently to how she recounted her story of triumphant victory, and ultimate defeat. However, the voice of Vati kept break in through the screen of the cockpit, disrupting his thoughts. He clenched his fists, be remained calm otherwise on the surface, offering a gentle smile when she looked at him, after finishing. "Kalira, what you did wasn't wrong. Sometimes... Sometimes, it's just better to give in to your feelings a bit more, and to let loose." He slugged her gently. "C'mon, I bet Gelrin even had a drink now and again. He was far from perfect, and yet, he became a Master. A Consular, even! That's a pretty impressive feat to me, at the very least." He sighed. "I had a similar feeling before, on Jakku. The sensations... They give me powers, ones that the council will banish me for putting into use, and ones that eat away at my mind the more I use them. However, so long as I don't let it consume me, am I doing any wrong? And, at the end of the day, who says what the Jedi want are right in the first place?"

However, his thought was soon interrupted by Vati's bashing. Her scathing words. Her jawing. Finally, he had enough.

Z
eres slammed his fist down on the cockpit release button, and the screen covering the two of them popped open. He sprung high into the air, doing a back flip, and landing gracefully on his feet, facing Vati. He glared at her, and took hold of his lightsaber, snapping it off of his belt, and flicking his wrist out to the side. The energy blade slid out with a satisfying noise, tip hovering just barely above the ground at Zeres' hip. He lifted his left hand, and pointed at Vati. "Look here, pal, I'm getting a bit tired of how you're treating me, my ship, and my friends." He rolled his next around a few times, and popped it to either side a few times, loosening himself up. "How's about we settle this here, then? A little... Bar brawl, as petty vagrants like you are accustomed to having." He smiled. "I won't even use the lightsaber, if you want. I can take someone like you with nothing but the Force in my arsenal." He also raised an eyebrow. "And after I beat you down, we're heading to Jakku, and barring any unforeseen circumstance, this'll be my last mission for a while." Zeres waved for her. "C'mon, I'll even give you the first move."

@DarlingWaylonPark @mechanimated

"Please. Like I give half a shriveled fuck about what a whiny, self-absorbed child thinks of me. Your pathetic moral high ground crumbles the second you let every last little thing get under that thin skin of yours. Now go back to crying in your bottle and bitching and moaning to your little girlfriend because the big bad dark side made you feel icky inside. Boo fuckin' hoo. I'll spank you later. I have actual responsibilities to deal with, and unlike you, I'm capable of putting aside my feelings long enough to do them. Or did your peabrain already let slip the bit about an unknown ship following up? Once we land on Jakku, I'll roll around in the dirt with you all you please. Ironic though, that - what, 15 years of training? At least? - haven't sunk it one whit. A crybaby jedi wants to settle things with his fists because thinking about his actions is just a smidgen too hard. Run away, abandon your training, soak yourself in booze because it's so tortured and romantic and you're just so sad. Wah wah wah. Who gives a shit. Run along, brat. I have better things to do with my time."

Vati flipped out her datapad, the infant dismissed, and began to search through her directory. The ship looked familiar, and she was scrolling through a database of registered ships to find it. Someone somewhere had to have seen it. And yet, no record. A description of an extremely similar ship, but under a different name, spotted three systems away. Perhaps a disguise?

Hm. She couldn't help but feel like she had seen it before. Perhaps it was in the dock on Tython? No, no...some other planet. Ahh, it was gonna bother her all day now. Vati reached up and banged on the steel wall of the bay, and a compartment popped open. From within, Vati retrieved a gun and slung it across her back. Better to be prepared when receiving unexpected guests.

@nebulachan @Lurker

Sat firmly upon the ground his legs crossed and arms loose in rest in his lap with no real form to them. Master Fenn resided deep within a meditative trance thoughts scattered across his mind and traveling the inner pathways of his mind, recollections, ideas, plans, planetary locations and memories long lost into the back of his mind and far from thoughts that were more recent. He could recall his childhood on Cerea rather clearly, the first time he had come to the temple on Corruscant and the day he has met his master..... Master Anwe. She was wise and powerful in the force, never the greatest with a Lightsaber but capable still, using her favored form of Niman she was deadly and its style meshed perfectly with her strengths and hid her weakenesses in lightsaber combat against lesser foes and even some greater. He could recall her teachings well, he could recite them perfectly if he wished. But it wasn't these memories that took precedence in his mind, instead it was more then one singular memory of someone or the memory of an event. It was all his memories at once, traveling through his mind in vivid flashes and brief reliving of these memories. One such memory was the recollection of his masters death and the shared information and view of said death, he pictured what it must have looked like upon that shuttle as the ship was attacked and caught within mid battle between two sides. He could recall his master anwe and pictured her within this painting in his mind, meditating.... But not just meditating but the ability known as battle meditation. He could picture his master meditating, leaving herself open and vulnerable for her allies and shipmates to have a advantage and increase to their own abilities.

All up until her demise upon that shuttle in the name of the jedi order and attempting to counter the Sith of who she fought against. As the memory passed another came in its place, not her following ceremony where she was given a proper goodbye and send off even if no body was present and in piece for such a one. The following memory was his first encounter with a Sith jedi, the scene and recollection of Zeres own with the slender man brought forward his own experiences. It wasn't quite the same nor was a victor crowned that day, but the experience was quite fresh in his mind..... Like a imprint left in the mud after the passing of rain and another haven't yet washed it away or another step pressing through to claim its spot. But this memory soon faded from revisiting for long, drifting off into his mind and replaced by another, Talyn.... The first time he learned of her abilities he remembered his master she was the only other he had met in recent memory and since her death that had such a gift. Oddly his own recent events with these people he had come to meet and fight alongside reminded in different ways of his past and certain memories. Vati, Gelrin, Dural and Kalira brought back memories of a mercernary he has once met and dealt with long ago while he was a padawan. It was from this man that he learned of just how they worked and some tended to operate.... Leaving him in shock when he had met Vati and she not having quite the amount of information he had expected. While Gelrin and Dural reminded him of some of his past meetings with jedi masters some even from his days as a jedi knight. While Kalira reminded him of some of his students from Coruscant where he spent time as a instructor and taught some younger jedi in lightsaber combat and the different forms.

As Master Fenn continued in meditation he could feel a tugging at his peaceful state.... Gently pulling him away from his trance, bringing him back to reality and the presence situation he and the others found themselves in. The more he attempted to remain in his state and give some more thought and time to his mind and mental state, the harder it was to remain. Finally Master Fenn broke from his trance and stirred a bit upon the ground before coming to a rise. The sounds of heated conversation and other noises from the cargo bay reaching him and pulling him back. "We haven't proceeded very far..... Have we?" Ki spoke softly to himself and walked toward the stairs. He folded his arms before him and within his grasp hidden in opposite sleeve of the hand that held it, was his lightsaber. A silver and gold trim lightsaber with a patch of black where his palm rests against held still in his grasp as Master Fenn quietly took to the stairs and lowered in closer to the cargo bay with each step he took. Soon he came into view and upon noticing Vati with a gun slung across her shoulder, Master Fenn came to a few potential results and need for this gun in hand. The first was that it finally happened and Vati and Zeres came to blows or were about to make things quite lively in this ship or they all had a guest aboard the ship left unaccounted for or wishing to board. He gave a soft chuckle and shook his head at the possibilities... Either way he was correct in keeping his lightsaber where it was just in case it would come down to his own involvement here. "Have we guests upon your shuttle Miss Vati or have You and Zeres decided to settle matters?" He grinned slightly and turned his gaze around to the room and all visibly present by the common eye while his force sense allowed him the opportunity and took count of all the presences he could sense aboard the ship.

Talyn felt Kali hold her hand. The girl put a bit of a pouting face on. I really need to talk to her about doing that... no no... not yet... settle down Talyn... even I am not cold blooded enough to interrupt two love birds working things out. She relaxed herself a bit sitting down. She listened to her words, nodding a bit. She never got why the Jedi always had to make such stupid things overly complex throwing big words to it. They really seemed to be so inefficient with doing their job.

"Alright alright. Try not to be too loud, I can hear things better then you likely can naturally. I really don't want to hear to much of your 'help'." She spoke with a little sass, sitting back in her chair with her tease as she walked out of the room. She wasn't above making such jokes toying with people a bit. She really wasn't really sure just what they thought of one another, though she suspected it was close enough she could embarrass them a bit.

She placed her staff down beside her, stretching out lazily on the seat. A loud yawn escaped her lips as she seemed much more relaxed. Much of the unease she felt before had finally came free of burdening her mind. She slouched back closing her eyes listening intently on Vati. She found it rather entertaining in a way, at least enough so to recline back and use it as a way of taking a break and giving her body a little rest.

"Hey who's ship are you calling a shitbucket!? Did you not see the troopers down there? My ship took damage in the crossfire that's all. You're the one driving a giant rusty- Tch." Mark bit down on his tongue hard to keep from saying something he shouldn't. The ship was mark's pride and joy, it was the first thing he had purchased after he got his eye implant. Anything to get off that rock Hutta. A shiver rolled down the bounty hunter's spine in remembrance. "Right. Thanks." With that Mark just punched the communicator to cut the signal.

2V-R8 was waiting for Mark when he returned to the cockpit. "Job well done master. Maybe you'd like to open up communications with them again and threaten them this time. I'm sure that'll increase our chances of living even more." Mark sighed and sat in the pilot seat, not taking the controls. "You know. I'm sure I could sell you for about 500 credits. Buy a less annoying droid." 2V-R8 retorted without even looking in the cyborg's direction. "Preposterous. I would go for at least 1000 credits master." The joke brought a grin to Mark's face as he began thinking about what he should do.

Once I get inside the ship how do I get Kali? She's probably still with that Jedi from earlier which just causes problems. Do I just attack everyone on the ship? No. That won't work. And then there's that message from earlier. I haven't been noticed so I don't know what their problem was. Mark sighed and slumped back in his chair as 2V-R8 made their way into the ship. "2V, make a note. I need a raise." "Oh yes master. Let's just go negotiate our price with Sith lords. What a wonderful idea." Mark chuckled but he knew the droid was right.

The duo soon landed in the ship by the other one. Mark sighed once more and stood up from the chair. He began walking towards the exit but stopped in the doorway and spoke over his shoulder. "Be ready to go at a moment's notice. I don't know how but figure it out. If I get a chance to grab the girl I'm taking it." The sarcastic droid knew when it was time for joking and time to be serious. He only bowed his head and replied with a short "Yes master." Mark made his way through the ship and made sure both of his weapons were holstered. He opened the door leading to the outside of his ship, not sure who would be waiting for him. The fake smile he used when he had to impress people was just as corny as ever. "Hi! Thanks again for letting me dock here while I fix the ship."

@mechanimated

Vati gave the older Jedi master a grin. He was the only one on this ship in her general age range, and it was no doubt easier for him to detect the ever-present undercurrent of irony in her every word. The passions of the young were so...easily aroused. And for all the wrong reasons. After life beat you down enough you learn to take everything with a shrug and a smile.

"For now, just guests. Or, a guest. In theory. We'll see who it is momentarily."

Vati held up her comm and let the channel open on max volume, so that the voice of the irate pilot was audible to master Fenn.

"Not much gratitude for someone whose ship is in dire need of repairs, eh? But we'll see. You should know, I cloaked our ship with the Force when we left the planet. Well enough that neither the Sith, nor Dural, likely know we've gone. I'd contact him if I were you, because he is no doubt under the impression that we are still hiding on Tython. And that we're heading to Illum."

As the smaller ship approached, Vati retreated several steps, training her gun on the exit hatch. When the cyborg emerged, she tensed, focusing on the male. He had the cheeky, oily grin of a used ship salesman desperately trying to assure some gullible schlub that no no, it was supposed to make that noise, honest! Reaching out with sight beyond sight, Vati let her Force ability probe him. Brushing over his...self, for lack of a better word, like a ghostly caress. Feelings, thoughts, biological and chemical mechanisms...all of it tumbled through her mind in a waterfall of sensation.

[dice]18987[/dice]

Most prominent: Stress. An anxious, hunting awareness. And the winding thread of stinking lies. That need to be believed throbbed like a fresh bruise in her minds eye. Vati was sure he was the bounty hunter Kali had mentioned. Or at the very least, his reasons for being here were very much not a sudden and convenient need for repairs. A spy? An infiltrator, ready to signal the location of the Monarch to that slimy Sith?

Vati released the safety on her gun with a soft but very audible click.

"My pleasure, ol' buddy ol' pal. My ship is your ship, right? Now...how about we keep things real cordial. Unclip your gun belt and kick it over here before I perforate you, and then we're gonna have a nice, long chat about why you're really here."

@Lurker @Saru

KALIRA "KALI" TORWYN

Kali smiled to Zeres a little, "You're right, we're all human in the end. Even Jedi have needs too, I suppose." She looked down, "Poor Master Gelrin, I wish I was there in time to save him, but I saw him dead by the time I flew down there. And I almost lost you..." She lifted her head to meet his gaze, then shook her head, "No, you're not doing anything wrong. At least not to me." She stared into his eyes a moment longer before Vati rained on their parade. She gasped when Zeres jumped from his cockpit to ream into Vati below, then sighed. "Oh, boy..."

She went through the ship and outside to see Zeres, and thankfully Vati leaving them behind. She glared at Vati, then her look softened when she stood beside Zeres, "You shouldn't let her get to you, Zeres. There's probably good reason why she doesn't like Jedi, it might not be a good one, but regardless we need to play nice until we get to our destination." She put her hand gently on his shoulder, then rubbed his back to soothe him a little. "It's going to be all right, in the end, everything will be. I'm sure of it." She smiled up at him.

Tagged:

@nebulachan

Suul felt it. Like a hot wire in her head. The power called out to her again, yanking her around like magnet and a chunk of iron. Her escape from Nar shadaa was close at hand. It quickened the breath in her lungs to think of it. Of course, she'd need to find a likely target to....persuade...but the dully glinting construct of blades on her back would handle that.

Blending into the ebb and thrum of the crowd, she did her best to become just another being amid many-faceless and unimportant. Until she had her escape. The man said to have lost his entire bottle of Cornelian red felt like he might have been the one she saw, the one she.... sensed, Previously. If had trouble holding his liquor, that left him weak, and possibly partly drunk. His presumed friend likely was. The real question was what sort of vessel did they have access to? Could she fly it alone? Something big and heavy would be impossible-even a small ship was going to be hard....but, better to explode in flight than die whimpering on the ground. Grim resolve flowed through her like a cheap wine, pushing her towards reckless success. Doing her best to act uninterested and careless, she tailed the two from the cantina.

Come on.....come on....show me your ship!

@JR McCormick #response

Users who are viewing this thread

Back